Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 06-14-18, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
And Comey already admitted that his decision to announce the re-opening of the email investigation was because he thought Clinton was going to win (and he didn't want to sit on that information and have her victory be illegitimate). If he thought Clinton was going to lose, he wouldn't have said anything.
So if he admitted that then how is that not biased based on politics?
Old 06-14-18, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
AP web headline link

The Latest: FBI investigator texted ‘we’ll stop’ Trump
Yup, one FBI investigator who was fucking one FBI lawyer texted their political views to each other. Doesn't prove any sort of conspiracy and I'd bet there were probably Republican leaning FBI agents who texted their views to each other as well, but don't let that pop your Deep State bubble.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mOVPStnVgvU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go ahead and check the 8 minute mark.
Old 06-14-18, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
How come nobody here has ever mentioned the decade in which Trump's charity was mostly legitimate?!?!?
I'm with my kid at the dentist and I read that and laughed so abruptly and loudly that the hygienist got startled she jumped and luckily she didn't have any instruments in my kid's mouth!
Old 06-14-18, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Because the politics of the involved parties didn't factor into it.
Old 06-14-18, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

AP web headline link

So how'd they stop it? What'd they actually do? There were 7000+ texts between discussing literally everything else, so where's the conspiracy? Where's the crime? What'd the do illegal in the Russia investigation before they were removed over a year ago?

Try some critical thinking for once, and stop regurgitating dumb talking points.
Old 06-14-18, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

AP web headline link

“Our review did not find documentary or testimonial evidence directly connecting the political views these employees expressed in their text messages and instant messages to the specific investigative decisions we reviewed,” the report said.
Old 06-14-18, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If texts between two employees complaining about Trump is still all they've got, then they've got nothing
Old 06-14-18, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's like we're living in Crazy Town, where the headlines trump things that are directly contradicted in the text.
Old 06-14-18, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
It's like we're living in Crazy Town, where the headlines trump things that are directly contradicted in the text.
Shadowhawk conveniently left off the rest of the line from the report... [but] “Page and Strzok’s conduct cast a cloud over the entire FBI investigation.”. Kind of strong words for a couple random coworkers just joking around.
Old 06-14-18, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Shadowhawk conveniently left off the rest of the line from the link... [but] “Page and Strzok’s conduct cast a cloud over the entire FBI investigation.”. Kind of strong words for a couple random coworkers just joking around.
That cloud was cast by the people who seized on these texts in desperation and blew them up far beyond what they actually were.
Old 06-14-18, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
That cloud was cast by the people who seized on these texts in desperation and blew them up far beyond what they actually were.
Exactly. Does it look bad? Sure... Did it affect their job performance? Not according to the IG.

I’d hate to have my texts leaked. Who doesn’t have something that would make them look bad if it was made public?
Old 06-14-18, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, press briefing today was brutal. I don't see SHS lasting to the end of the year.
Old 06-14-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shadowhawk conveniently left off the rest of the line from the report... [but] “Page and Strzok’s conduct cast a cloud over the entire FBI investigation.”. Kind of strong words for a couple random coworkers just joking around.
Well, it's an opinion, as opposed to the facts in the case, such as that yes, they were texting their Trump hate to each other and that they were having an affair, and that there is no evidence that there was no evidence that their views influenced the investigation.
Stating that it 'casts a cloud over the investigation' sounds damning, but it could just be synonymous with "it's a bad look for the department" or "even though there was no wrongdoing, it gives the mistaken appearance of a conflict that we deem inappropriate". Right?
Old 06-14-18, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
It's pretty clear to me that he was biased. It doesn't matter what he said, but what he actually did. The "best case" scenario is that Comey was ticked off that he received pressure from Obama and Lynch to give Hillary a clean bill of health on the email issue well before the election. He saw the Weiner emails as a way to poke a thumb in the eye of Obama, Lynch, and Hillary, because after all she was a "shoo in" to win the election... no danger of her losing so, why not make her sweat a bit?

That is where Comey revealed a little nugget of truth... he announced it because he thought she'd win.

Last edited by sracer; 06-14-18 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-14-18, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Well, it's an opinion, as opposed to the facts in the case, such as that yes, they were texting their Trump hate to each other and that they were having an affair, and that there is no evidence that there was no evidence that their views influenced the investigation.
Stating that it 'casts a cloud over the investigation' sounds damning, but it could just be synonymous with "it's a bad look for the department" or "even though there was no wrongdoing, it gives the mistaken appearance of a conflict that we deem inappropriate". Right?
I think I agree with what you are saying.

I'm just stating the part of the report that acknowledges that their messages were inappropriate and cast a cloud over the investigation. It can be assumed (by many) that their bias was so strong that impartiality when investigating both candidates at the same time can be put into doubt, even with no "documentary" evidence that they were affecting either investigation.

I'm waiting to see how this whole Mueller investigation plays out, but at this point, with the many indictments, has anyone been indicted for anything other than misleading/lying to the FBI? Has anyone been charged with something that occurred before the investigation started?
Old 06-14-18, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He also seems to completely miss that it was a reply to a post about headlines.
Old 06-14-18, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He also seems to completely miss that it was a reply to a post about headlines.
When I clicked on that link, it was not the headline which explains the confusion. It appeared you were just pulling quotes from the middle.

In fact the headline I saw is not the headline anymore either. It's not even an article, seems they're just updating it every 30 minutes as they continue to read the IG report.
Old 06-14-18, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just stating the part of the report that acknowledges that their messages were inappropriate and cast a cloud over the investigation. It can be assumed (by many) that their bias was so strong that impartiality when investigating both candidates at the same time can be put into doubt, even with no "documentary" evidence that they were affecting either investigation.

I'm waiting to see how this whole Mueller investigation plays out, but at this point, with the many indictments, has anyone been indicted for anything other than misleading/lying to the FBI? Has anyone been charged with something that occurred before the investigation started?
Yes and yes.
Old 06-14-18, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's astounding to me that this question is coming from someone with as many posts in this thread as Perry has, but then again, he is a Trump apologist.
Old 06-14-18, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Yup, one FBI investigator who was fucking one FBI lawyer texted their political views to each other. Doesn't prove any sort of conspiracy and I'd bet there were probably Republican leaning FBI agents who texted their views to each other as well, but don't let that pop your Deep State bubble.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mOVPStnVgvU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go ahead and check the 8 minute mark.
While not the most entertaining of Olivers segment, it might be the most to the point and interesting. I’ve watched it several times. It really is amazing how much Trump is going “OJ”. I (like many of the time) whatched much of the OJ trial. It it is amazing the similarities.

Those crazy FBI agents having an affair...it was stupid. But guess what, everyone is human and everyone does stupid things at some point. The question is not if they did something stupid. That is self evident. The question is, was anything they “touched or investigated” rechecked by someone else? Did their stupidity actually have an impact on the investigation?

Trying to think of another example...lets say someone at an investment firm sold you stocks. The investment firm realized the guy that sold you stock had let his security license lapse. So they had another licensed person check your transaction and all the transactions of the idiot that let is hicense lapse. The firm did the right thing and no harm no foul (unless they did catch an issue they would need to correct).

The idea that a single person (or two) could make a mistake thus case doubt on an investigation with this many people and of this size is rediculous. Not to mention, these were agents. They were reporting their findings to a supervisor (or Mueler) who of course would review....
Old 06-14-18, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
It's astounding to me that this question is coming from someone with as many posts in this thread as Perry has, but then again, he is a Trump apologist.
Nice. Okay, I googled it, and it looks like Manafort and Gates are the only ones in the Trump organization charged with something that occurred many years before they joined the Trump administration, the remaining are for false statements. Care to correct my knowledge?

From the daily reports here, I expected a smoking gun type of collusion conspiracy that I was missing based on your condescension, but I couldn't find anything.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury
Old 06-14-18, 04:54 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
That's the usual defense. Mueller has been investigating for a year, spent millions and millions, and found nothing. NO COLLUSION!
Old 06-14-18, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Criminals that have committed crimes and got caught. Why feel sorry for them or want to protect them? Do you think you or I would get away with the same things you don't think are "big deals" for them?
Old 06-14-18, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Mueller investigation began in 2017. So for things before 2017, and before and not including lies there were 16 people :Manafort, Gates, Pinedo, and also 13 Russian nationals.
Old 06-14-18, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
That's the usual defense. Mueller has been investigating for a year, spent millions and millions, and found nothing. NO COLLUSION!
Also: SHUT IT DOWN!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.