Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 06-12-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
Again, I get that it is fun to rile us liberals up...but are you honestly cool with what just went down in Singapore?

I bet that Iran deal that we just abandoned is looking pretty good to quite a few folks. With that deal the international community got boots on the ground in Iran to confirm they were towing the line, with the Singapore deal we are told to just trust that KJU will stop developing nuclear weapons with no way to verity this fact...c'mom PerryD, I am not the only one who thinks that is nuts, or am I?
You're not the only one, but I'm not one of those others.

I didn't freak out when Trump was tweeting about little rocket man and talking about unleashing fire and fury on North Korea that the world has never seen. I'm also not freaking out about this On-Location Singapore Special of The Apprentice: The Oval Office Edition.

It is all for show. The reason why Trump met with KJU with only interpreters present is so that he can explain to him what the script is without fear of having it leaked to the press. One of Trump's first phone calls as president was to the president of Mexico in which he asked him to stop saying that Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall because it makes Trump look bad.

When dealing with a con-man, only actions matter... not words. That's how the "con" works... minimal action to set the stage, everything else is just words.

I was encouraged by what happened at G-7 this past weekend. Those leaders "get it". They've got Trump's number and they're not going to play along as if he is a serious person. They know there's a difference between a con-man and a narcissist (though not mutually exclusive). They assumed he was just a narcissist. They now know he's both.
Old 06-12-18, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Are they wrong? This own forum proves them right.
What do you call someone who supports a racist misogynist who thinks a group of white supremacists have "good people" in their numbers after they murdered someone?

Seriously, what's the acceptable name for such a person?
Old 06-12-18, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
PerryD, do you think it is great that President Trump pretty much agreed to pull our military forces out of the region and got basically nothing but words in return?
I don't have enough information about the Korea summit to know what steps are in place going forward. Considering 6 months ago, North Korea was testing missile launches that could reach the US, and now they are talking about shutting down their program, I would think everyone would be happy about that, but tan suit and mustard, right?

Where was it said that the US was pulling out of the region? I thought I read that they would suspend the military exercises which if you remember that the last one they did caused a huge uproar in this peace process. What else did the US give up so far?

I imagine that any agreement will allow for verification of North Korea's denuclearization. It was mentioned that North and South Korea may merge back to a unified Korea. I think we have to give it some time to see how it unfolds.

I'll leave you with this, the visionary behind the peace process (and way ahead of his time in the transgender movement).
Old 06-12-18, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
What do you call someone who supports a racist misogynist who thinks a group of white supremacists have "good people" in their numbers after they murdered someone?

Sadly, for some it might be... "dad". (not mine, but I know some)
Old 06-12-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I appreciate you validating my point.
Old 06-12-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
I bet he'd bring up Kenya, mustard and a tan suit, right?
I don't think you get to bring up birtherism as a straw man when Trump was leading the charge on that shit.
Old 06-12-18, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't have enough information about the Korea summit to know what steps are in place going forward. Considering 6 months ago, North Korea was testing missile launches that could reach the US, and now they are talking about shutting down their program, I would think everyone would be happy about that, but tan suit and mustard, right?

Where was it said that the US was pulling out of the region? I thought I read that they would suspend the military exercises which if you remember that the last one they did caused a huge uproar in this peace process. What else did the US give up so far?

I imagine that any agreement will allow for verification of North Korea's denuclearization. It was mentioned that North and South Korea may merge back to a unified Korea. I think we have to give it some time to see how it unfolds.

I'll leave you with this, the visionary behind the peace process (and way ahead of his time in the transgender movement).
https://youtu.be/dAJLJRRJY3E?t=4m44s

I'm sure you supported the Iran deal, too, right?

Nobody said the US was pulling military out of the region. Trump agreed to, without consulting the military or South Korea, cease "war games" which essentially preparedness exercises. Even if you are ok with the result of stopping the exercises, are you ok with the process of him agreeing to it without consulting our ally in the region or our own military advisors?
Old 06-12-18, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You lie with dogs, you get fleas.
Old 06-12-18, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
You naysayers just don't get it. Trump is a new kind of politician who tells you he's going to lie to you in advance. We've been complaining about dishonest politicians. At least Trump admits he's a liar.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1006473156868091904
Seriously?
Spoiler:

And look at this shit!

800th story of the day, but still a major example of corruption, which will be summarily ignored because, again, 800th story of the day.

Also, a prime example of trump's expert negotiating skillz...

I'm just sure there will be follow-through...

Something else not addressed, NK's gross human rights violations - I'm sure it's foremost on trump's mind, no?

[thread]
Old 06-12-18, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Certainly not deplorable.
Old 06-12-18, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Iím no fan of Trump and his worsening senility (read the transcript of his post-summit presser), but his reverse-psychology gambit has at least garnered one win ...

I canít keep writing this. I donít see how alienating all of our allies, contantly praising Putin, and glad-handing Kim does much. Easing tension Trump himself exacerbated is not a win. Verbal promises to do nothing more than already agreed upon (by NK) while verbally promising to halt military exercises based on Kimís own rehetoric doesnít sound like much of a deal to me.
Old 06-12-18, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What point?

Trump is a proven racist and misogynist. It's not even up for debate. Just a few examples include him on tape bragging about sexual assault and calling black people "sons of bitches" for peacefully kneeling during the national anthem.

What is the term for someone who supports someone like that? Trump is a terrible human being by every metric we have. But if someone supports him, we have to be nice to them? Why?
Old 06-12-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Seriously?
Spoiler:

And look at this shit!

https://twitter.com/TauhidChappell/s...61512763379712
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status...62964940312576

800th story of the day, but still a major example of corruption, which will be summarily ignored because, again, 800th story of the day.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...36100821729280

I'm just sure there will be follow-through...

Something else not addressed, NK's gross human rights violations - I'm sure it's foremost on trump's mind, no?

[thread]
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...56377877532672
Of course human rights violations are important to Trump. He is trying to figure out how to commit them but justify it. So perhaps he was asking Un for tips.
Old 06-12-18, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey Trump/Fox News apologists, how do you defend this?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNowThisNews%2Fvideos%2F1964891360209011%2F&show_text =1&width=476" width="476" height="568" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Old 06-12-18, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Considering 6 months ago, North Korea was testing missile launches that could reach the US, and now they are talking about shutting down their program, I would think everyone would be happy about that, but tan suit and mustard, right?
They're talking about shutting down their program because (according to them), they already have functioning nukes so they don't need to manufacture or test them anymore. Unless they actually give up the nukes (or if they never had them), "shutting down their program" is meaningless.
Old 06-12-18, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i hope Trump is working on the "one thing at a time" mentality but i wouldnt hold my breath.

honestly, as americans, do you care more about the human right violations or the nuclear capabilities?

because i am hearing a whole lot now about the human rights stuff but before everyone and i mean everyone was worried about nuclear war.
Old 06-12-18, 12:38 PM

I'm so fucking angry with him. Does he think this is a game?! His ignorance is only matched by his egomaniacism.
Old 06-12-18, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
i hope Trump is working on the "one thing at a time" mentality but i wouldnt hold my breath.

honestly, as americans, do you care more about the human right violations or the nuclear capabilities?

because i am hearing a whole lot now about the human rights stuff but before everyone and i mean everyone was worried about nuclear war.
Both.
Old 06-12-18, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Both.
it was never both. When it came to NK, it was all about nukes. Lets not kid ourselves.

You said north korea and it was about nukes. Maybe not 100 percent of the people but at least 80% associated that country with Nukes.
Old 06-12-18, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it was never both. When it came to NK, it was all about nukes. Lets not kid ourselves.

You said north korea and it was about nukes. Maybe not 100 percent of the people but at least 80% associated that country with Nukes.
Nukes are a big issue. So is shaking hands and smiling with a brutal dictator and saying he's a great guy. But that's Trump for you - nicer to NK than he is to Canada.
Old 06-12-18, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Obviously nuclear war is the bigger deal, but when you hear our President talk about him being "very talented" and so forth, knowing how evil he is, that's a problem.
Old 06-12-18, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I literally can't look at Fox right now in fear my head might explode so help me out folks.

Are they praising the deal Trump made with NK?
Old 06-12-18, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We did just have a fellow citizen returned to us last year that was beaten so badly that he was left brain dead and died a short time later--which Trump was furious about at the time, rightly so, but now seems to have forgotten all about.
Old 06-12-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story View Post

I'm so fucking angry with him. Does he think this is a game?! His ignorance is only matched by his egomaniacism.
I'm actually more mad at Congressional Republicans right now for being silent about Trump doing things that they would have been apoplectic about Obama doing or saying.
Old 06-12-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Seriously?
Spoiler:

And look at this shit!

https://twitter.com/TauhidChappell/s...61512763379712
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status...62964940312576

For the Trump admin, I assume hurting newspapers is an added bonus to their corruption.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.