Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 05-19-18, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Donald Trump is a bigot, a racist, and a hate-filled person.

The people who carry water for him are, for the most part, bigots, racists, and hate-filled people.

Stop wasting your time arguing with bigots, racists, and hate-filled people.
Old 05-19-18, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
I know, the DOJ was threatened that they could be held in contempt of Congress for the failure to comply with their requests.
Nunes and others have been demanding access to documents about an active investigation. Rosenstein has explained that DOJ policy is to refuse such requests except in extraordinary circumstances. And he has explained why that is the case.

There is no reason to believe that Nunes is acting in good faith. He conducted a sham investigation in which he refused to follow obvious leads and issue necessary subpoenas. He produced a highly misleading memo containing classified info with the express intent to release it to the public. Before all of that, he made public statements that reveal that he is unfit to even serve as an investigator; conclusions do not precede an investigation. And he and his staff are suspected of leaking information to the media. He not only wants to see classified information but also wants to cherry-pick it and then selectively release it to the public. In short, Nunes is blatantly trying to damage the Russia investigation in an attempt to bring it to an end.
Old 05-19-18, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Guys, someone is just happy libtards are upset. Have they ever contributed anything of substance to a discussion here, or even really taken a stance on an issue?
Old 05-20-18, 03:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

The people who carry water for him are, for the most part, bigots, racists, and hate-filled people.

Well, that didn't take long.
Old 05-20-18, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A Cambridge professor with deep ties to American and British intelligence has been outed as an agent who snooped on the Trump presidential campaign for the FBI.

Multiple media outlets have named Stefan Halper, 73, as the secret informant who met with Trump campaign advisers Carter Page and George Papadopoulos starting in the summer of 2016. The American-born academic previously served in the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations.
https://nypost.com/2018/05/19/cambri...rump-campaign/
Old 05-20-18, 06:02 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Nunes and others have been demanding access to documents about an active investigation. Rosenstein has explained that DOJ policy is to refuse such requests except in extraordinary circumstances. And he has explained why that is the case.

There is no reason to believe that Nunes is acting in good faith. He conducted a sham investigation in which he refused to follow obvious leads and issue necessary subpoenas. He produced a highly misleading memo containing classified info with the express intent to release it to the public. Before all of that, he made public statements that reveal that he is unfit to even serve as an investigator; conclusions do not precede an investigation. And he and his staff are suspected of leaking information to the media. He not only wants to see classified information but also wants to cherry-pick it and then selectively release it to the public. In short, Nunes is blatantly trying to damage the Russia investigation in an attempt to bring it to an end.
Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Guys, someone is just happy libtards are upset. Have they ever contributed anything of substance to a discussion here, or even really taken a stance on an issue?
Three best posts in this entire thread.
Old 05-20-18, 06:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Three best posts in this entire thread.
You surely seem to love the name-calling.

Perhaps you should consider contributing actual constructive posts rather than just re-posting complaints from the disgruntled who apparently don't like to see any views other than their own aired publicly.
Old 05-20-18, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd add "frightened" to that list of adjectives as well. Every trump supporter I've talked to seems irrationally scared out of their mind about things that will never directly affect them, be it immigrants, crime, liberals or whatever. A fear put into them by trump, via Fox news. Or is it Fox news via trump? I can't even tell anymore.
Old 05-20-18, 08:19 AM
Banned

Old 05-20-18, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Perhaps you should consider contributing actual constructive posts rather than just re-posting complaints from the disgruntled who apparently don't like to see any views other than their own aired publicly.
disingenuousness

adjective. 1. lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous. Origin of disingenuous.
Old 05-20-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I'd add "frightened" to that list of adjectives as well. Every trump supporter I've talked to seems irrationally scared out of their mind about things that will never directly affect them, be it immigrants, crime, liberals or whatever. A fear put into them by trump, via Fox news. Or is it Fox news via trump? I can't even tell anymore.
"Fear" is the best and most effective motivator in getting people to act.

What is going to get people to turn out to vote this November? Fear. The interesting thing about fear is that if one looks at circumstances that causes someone else to fear, but doesn't instill fear in themselves, then they think it is an irrational fear.

The thought of Trump firing Mueller causes some to fear. THEY believe they have a legitimate reason to be fearful. I don't have that fear. I believe I have legitimate reasons to not be fearful.
Old 05-20-18, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
The interesting thing about fear is that if one looks at circumstances that causes someone else to fear, but doesn't instill fear in themselves, then they think it is an irrational fear.
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
All this winning... so much winning...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Trump administration delegation left Beijing with no agreement on trade, no meeting with Xi, no joint statement. No deal. <a href="https://t.co/YncvqD0ZJy">https://t.co/YncvqD0ZJy</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/WSJ?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WSJ</a></p>&mdash; Josh Rogin (@joshrogin) <a href="https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/992454533614919680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 4, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

...tired from all this winning.
US, China say Beijing commits to buying more American goods

WASHINGTON — Just-ended U.S.-China trade talks produced a commitment by Beijing to “significantly increase” its purchases of American goods and services, according to a joint statement Saturday from the rival economic powers trying to lower trade tensions. From The Washington Post

It appears they have agreed to abandon any trade war and back off from imposing tariffs on each other #winning
Old 05-20-18, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Justifying and defending the orange turd at every corner, such snowflakes.
Old 05-20-18, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WASHINGTON — Just-ended U.S.-China trade talks produced a commitment by Beijing to “significantly increase” its purchases of American goods and services, according to a joint statement Saturday from the rival economic powers trying to lower trade tensions. From The Washington Post

It appears they have agreed to abandon any trade war and back off from imposing tariffs on each other #winning
That is just a link to the Washington Post, not the article being quoted. Before I celebrate the avoidance of this trade war, I'd like to know what specifically have both parties agreed to and what types of checks-and-balances are in place to ensure that what was promised is delivered.

Because when dealing with a con-man, I believer zero percent of what he says. Trump ginned up this trade war and then supposedly negotiates out of it and we're supposed to take all of that at face value?
Old 05-20-18, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is starting a trade war, then negotiating an end to it winning?
Old 05-20-18, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the link to the actual Washington Post article. Sounds like nothing specific has been said and it might not affect the trade deficit at all. #winning indeed.
Old 05-20-18, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Nope. Jason descrined their "contributions" quite well. Hopefullu more people will take his advice and totally stop engaging with them.

[b]Stop wasting your time arguing with bigots, racists, and hate-filled people[b].
Old 05-20-18, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
Given how low the bar has been set by his admin, yes?
Old 05-20-18, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
That is just a link to the Washington Post, not the article being quoted. Before I celebrate the avoidance of this trade war, I'd like to know what specifically have both parties agreed to and what types of checks-and-balances are in place to ensure that what was promised is delivered.
It seems the link was likely broken by WP's paywall but not on my phone, there are no details yet but according to the report: "To meet the growing consumption needs of the Chinese people and the need for high-quality economic development, China will significantly increase purchases of United States goods and services."

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
The "winning" part of my post was in response to the original post / quote.

The usual posturing was part of the negotiations but China saying they will abandon the trade war and back off from imposing tariffs and will in addition “significantly increase” its purchases of American goods is good news.

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Here's the link to the actual Washington Post article. Sounds like nothing specific has been said and it might not affect the trade deficit at all. #winning indeed.
Does not appear to be the same article - stopped by the WP paywall on my computer.

maspasu and hdmickey as always your contribution to the subject are "enlightening".
Old 05-20-18, 11:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
disingenuousness

adjective. 1. lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous. Origin of disingenuous.
You forgot to include "posting isolated definitions in lieu of discussions."
Old 05-20-18, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ending a brief, self-created trade war and negotiating a buying commitment without any substance isn’t anything to celebrate.
Old 05-20-18, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ana Navarro doesn’t speak for the whole country to the world. Trump does. What he says matters more than anyone else in the United States.

Hold him accountable. Stop comparing him to people who are no comparison.
What Trump says matters? Are you serious? Was your account hacked?

Even I don't pay attention to his stupid Tweets and rants. Hardly anyone does. It's unfortunate, but it's a reality, that most people don't listen to Trump anymore.

However, I would argue non-Trump humans are being listened to more than him.

And Navarro is just another political jabber, just like Trump, out to get more viewers and appears her support base.
Old 05-20-18, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
What Trump says matters? Are you serious? Was your account hacked?

Even I don't pay attention to his stupid Tweets and rants. Hardly anyone does. It's unfortunate, but it's a reality, that most people don't listen to Trump anymore.
A wonderful precedent set for future presidents.
Old 05-20-18, 11:58 AM
Banned

What is apparent is that, just like Trump, some folks either were taken off the teat too early or stayed on too long.
Old 05-20-18, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Nope. Jason descrined their "contributions" quite well. Hopefullu more people will take his advice and totally stop engaging with them.
Yeah, I’ve had the usual racists/homophobes/bucket carriers/shitmongers blocked for some time, but people keep quoting them.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.