Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 05-18-18, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
If President Dotard keeps it up we will be seeing an Amazon Uber type service. Then the post office will have little reason to exist. Hello unemployed postal employees.
Like Amazon Flex?
Old 05-18-18, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On the day 10 kids died, it's great to know that president asshole knows what the priorities for the US are

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">California finally deserves a great Governor, one who understands borders, crime and lowering taxes. John Cox is the man - he’ll be the best Governor you’ve ever had. I fully endorse John Cox for Governor and look forward to working with him to Make California Great Again!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/997597940444221440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 18, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">America is blessed with extraordinary energy abundance, including more than 250 years worth of beautiful clean coal. We have ended the war on coal, and will continue to work to promote American energy dominance!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/997612079375945728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 18, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 05-18-18, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Beautiful clean coal. Bringing America back to the heyday of 1935! MAGA!
Old 05-18-18, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Chairman being Devin Nunes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But I am too angry to write right nowóand Twitter is probably not the right forum. So Iíll leave it at this for now: Important people defiled their oaths of office for these stories to appear.</p>&mdash; Benjamin Wittes (@benjaminwittes) <a href="https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/997656245136953344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 05-18-18, 09:22 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
The concept is that the USPS loses money on every package they deliver for amazon. And that loss is subsidized to regular postage...
Troy, you are back. Is everything alright?
Old 05-18-18, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Itís pathetic that we have to explain this.
I wish you guys would make up your minds.

First you're all indignant that anyone would reject evolution, then you get upset when someone calls someone else "animals."

Some people...er, animals...ummm, beings... just can't be pacified.

Last edited by creekdipper; 05-18-18 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-18-18, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^I give that post 1 out of 5 trolls.
Old 05-18-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
It's like he's not even trying anymore
Old 05-18-18, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As if ever
Old 05-18-18, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
So sorry to offend by wielding logic.
Old 05-18-18, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm not at all shocked by the news about the FBI informant. Russia was interfering in the 2016 election, and it appeared that some members of the Trump campaign may be helping. Carter Page had been under suspicion for years as a result of his contacts with Russian spies. What the hell was the Federal Bureau of Investigation supposed to do? Um, investigate.

Republicans are implying that a political campaign is off limits to law enforcement. The argument is unspoken because it's complete nonsense. Members of a political campaign cannot act with impunity.
Old 05-18-18, 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
It's like he's not even trying anymore
In all honesty, "he" doesn't have to break a sweat bead in these environs.
Old 05-18-18, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Troy, you are back. Is everything alright?
Aweee. Thank you for noticing I left.

Busy at work. Finally moved out of the slums. And Iíve been taking more time to spend with my penis.

I also came to a conclusion about sharing thoughts on here. Maybe Iíll talk about it sometime. Too much to write from a cell phone.
Old 05-18-18, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I know - I'm saying that USPS doesn't bring Amazon packages to my door.
They do if they are too big to fit in my mailbox.

Well, to be precise, they bring them to my door, not yours. As far as I know.
Old 05-18-18, 11:26 PM

For the next few weeks, we're just going to hear attacks on the Russia investigation. Team Trump just outed this FBI informant. Next, the inspector general's report will be released, and there is sure to be at least some bad news for the FBI in there. I wouldn't be surprised if the outing was intentionally timed to occur shortly before the release of the IG report. For months I've been predicting that Republicans will try to use the IG report to act against the Russia investigation. I think that they see it as their last good opportunity.
Old 05-18-18, 11:35 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
I wish you guys would make up your minds.

First you're all indignant that anyone would reject evolution, then you get upset when someone calls someone else "animals."

Some people...er, animals...ummm, beings... just can't be pacified.
That is low. Way below where I thought you would go. You're better than that.
Old 05-18-18, 11:37 PM

Rosenstein and Mueller are sitting ducks right now. I hope that they see the writing on the wall and have something up their sleaves. If Mueller is not ready to drop some indictments on Trump associates that relate to collaboration with Russia, I hope that he has a Plan B or something.

I'm predicting it right now. Trump will attempt a major gambit within the next 4-8 weeks. I put the odds at 90% plus. I could be wrong, and I'll admit it if so. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Ghostbuster; 05-18-18 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-18-18, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
On the day 10 kids died, it's great to know that president asshole knows what the priorities for the US are

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">California finally deserves a great Governor, one who understands borders, crime and lowering taxes. John Cox is the man - heíll be the best Governor youíve ever had. I fully endorse John Cox for Governor and look forward to working with him to Make California Great Again!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
5th largest economy in the world, (someone needs to support those Federal Government teat sucking Red states), budget surplus, and a raining day fund.

Yep, California sure needs to be made great again by John Cox.
Old 05-18-18, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Outing a CI isn’t about truth. It’s about interfering with an ongoing criminal investigation and placing that CI’s life in danger. However, it’s ‘newsworthy’ and a ‘scoop’ so fuck it, right? <a href="https://t.co/hjXLoFdZeB">https://t.co/hjXLoFdZeB</a></p>&mdash; Andrew C Laufer, Esq (@lauferlaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/lauferlaw/status/997679013098344448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's also about damaging our ability to cultivate CI's in the future- when members of a corrupt and traitorous political party are able to expose them, just like that.

There really needs to be some executions after all this is done.
Old 05-19-18, 12:04 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by Anne Frank
When we ask, "how could the Holocaust have happened?" this is the answer. When we think of anyone as less than human, that opens the door to atrocity.
This is how atrocities happen. And for the evangelical religious right, it's not about evolution, you assholes.
Old 05-19-18, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure where to put this. Being this is the Trump Era, I guess this is as good a place as any.

Over Mothers day, I got into a shouting match with my 71 yr old aunt. She didn't vote for Trump, but having lived in the south the last nearly 50 years, she's an uncritical Republican conservative voter. No matter how many times they fuck her over, she'll keep coming back for more....because, liberals.

I thought, since we've tried to not broach politics in our last few visits, that she was coming to understand just how corrupt not only Trump was, but her beloved Republican Party.
Nope. No such deal.
She's still of the "as long as it makes liberals head's explode, then it's fine with me" crew.
In our short little knock down, she covered all the Fox News talking points
- How corrupt Hillary is
- How awful Obama was for the economy
- How well her 401K is doing (seriously, she actually said this)
etc, etc.

That exchange has had me depressed all week. This is a relative I love, but who will always be on the wrong side of history. The villains of our age have her number, and she'll always respond to their dog whistles. Very disappointing.

This epic thread isn't necessarily her life, but it could have been. So easily. The last 40 years though are definitely a bullseye.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saluti you can read it here: Thread by <a href="https://twitter.com/OpWolverines?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@OpWolverines</a>: &quot;1/ Go to a land grant state university that gets massive research funding from the government for almost no tuition. 2/ […]&quot; <a href="https://t.co/usgdwTh2ar">https://t.co/usgdwTh2ar</a><br>Share this if you think it's interesting. ��</p>&mdash; Thread Reader App (@threadreaderapp) <a href="https://twitter.com/threadreaderapp/status/997425789078593536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 18, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 05-19-18, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
5th largest economy in the world, (someone needs to support those Federal Government teat sucking Red states), budget surplus, and a raining day fund.

Yep, California sure needs to be made great again by John Cox.

Me and my family will probably be voting for Gavin Newsom.
Old 05-19-18, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-19-18, 01:48 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Busy at work. Finally moved out of the slums. And Iíve been taking more time to spend with my penis.

I also came to a conclusion about sharing thoughts on here. Maybe Iíll talk about it sometime. Too much to write from a cell phone.
Sure, I'd like to hear about it sometime. About the conclusion, not the penis
Old 05-19-18, 02:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
That is low. Way below where I thought you would go. You're better than that.
Either we are animals or we're not, and no amount of trying to putting a pretty face on things changes that. That's the logical conclusion of evolutionary beliefs, and playing parlor tricks with your mind can't escape that logic.

And, while we're at it, you might consider applying your Anne Frank quote to the topic of abortion as it fits perfectly toward that atrocity resulting from dehumanizing others.

Last edited by creekdipper; 05-19-18 at 04:30 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.