Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 04-11-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

I guess Mueller gave up on talking to Trump and/or decided raiding Cohen's office might yield better results.
Old 04-11-18, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
A steady stream of retirements and resignations, are just one (small) indicator- but they at least make for something concrete that can be pointed to right now, that people can wrap their heads around.
I sure hope you're right, because the blustering doofus needs to be turfed sooner rather than later. So far, he seems impervious to consequences.
Old 04-11-18, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
My mother.
You need to pick your mothers more carefully.
Old 04-11-18, 08:21 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
He couldn't be turned if he didn't have any damaging info.

By saying that, he basically admits that he has knowledge of, and evidence of illegal activities by Trump (and himself, surely).
You could read it as an admission that there are illegal activities, but people also turn on other people and say stuff just to save their skin. That could be what he is referring to.

That being said, in my opinion, Cohen is shady as shit and I hope he and Trump go down on any kind of legit charges honestly.
Old 04-11-18, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
Prosecutors seem to really enjoy nailing scumbag lawyers like Cohen.
Has anyone seen anything about which of the possible crimes Cohen committed (bank fraud, wire fraud, campaign finance issues, etc...) could be tried as state crimes? I'd have for Trump to pardon and watch him walk
Old 04-11-18, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Turn on Trump or not, with Attorney-Client privilege Cohen doesn’t have to say shit to anyone. Now if there was illegal activity that could see Cohen behind bars, you better believe he’d turn on Trump in a heartbeat despite his big talk to the cameras.
Old 04-11-18, 09:30 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Turn on Trump or not, with Attorney-Client privilege Cohen doesn’t have to say shit to anyone. Now if there was illegal activity that could see Cohen behind bars, you better believe he’d turn on Trump in a heartbeat despite his big talk to the cameras.
Depends on who the players are on the other side. Ratting on Russia could be like ratting on the mob. Might be better to sit in a jail cell than turn up dead with a Polonium laced cocktail.
Old 04-11-18, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Tonight’s official Presidential statement:

Last edited by Draven; 04-11-18 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-11-18, 09:33 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Tonight’s official Presidential statement:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...103012864?s=20
Dude, he doesn't watch a lot of TV!
Old 04-11-18, 09:41 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

And what you saw if you tuned in to State Run Media!

Old 04-11-18, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hannity is full of shit and belongs in the loony bin.
Old 04-11-18, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Hannity is full of shit and belongs in the loony bin.
Seems to fit right in as a Presidential advisor these days! #MAGA!!!
Old 04-11-18, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, I'm sure adjoining cells could be finagled!
Old 04-11-18, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Boy they really are "Friends". How many women think it's appropriate to pose for a picture by spreading your legs and letting your co-worker lean right into the pleasure zone?

Spoiler:
Fassbinder's version was better.
Old 04-12-18, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I'm confused about something. Trump's cronies are all over foxnews tonight, saying that Rosenstein is conflicted because he is a witness in the investigation. And that he can't lead an investigation in which he is a witness.

Isn't that the same exact reason why Jeff Session recused himself? And that Trump has been railing for the past year that it was a HUGE mistake, and never should have recused himself?
Old 04-12-18, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December, as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him. Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984371491277099010?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">California Governor Jerry Brown is doing the right thing and sending the National Guard to the Border. Thank you Jerry, good move for the safety of our Country!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984372760230154241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our “Thank you America?”</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984374422587965440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
Old 04-12-18, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah, “where is our thank you?” - the sign of a true leader.
Old 04-12-18, 07:19 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Ah, “where is our thank you?” - the sign of a true leader.
And not insecure at all.
Old 04-12-18, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah yes who can forget Lincoln asking “where is our thank you for abolishing slavery, America?”
Old 04-12-18, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
From what I have read, I believe it depends on the work he performed. A lot of what he did appears to be outside of the role of an attorney.
Old 04-12-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
What is inaccurate about that Newsweek cover? Why do you still defend Trump?
I try to explain that I'm not a Trump supporter, and I never voted for him and I never will vote for him. Just because I don't buy into Trump Hysteria, doesn't make me a Trump supporter. Just because there are policies that Trump and the conservative party support that I agree with does not make me a Trump supporter.

And can I assume that you think that Newsweek in its current form is a reputable magazine with journalistic integrity? Try to answer that question without using a "but what about... ".

And how was the Solar Eclipse an unnatural disaster? I'll have to google that hard hitting Newsweek article to find out.
Old 04-12-18, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
These cowardly GOP shits...
It's not a surprise many Republicans went along with Trump just to keep their paychecks, their lavish lifestyles, etc. Or more importantly, their power.

And NOW they complain.

I will agree, they are cowards and don't support anyone but themselves.

I blame Republicans for Obamacare just as much as Democrats, because Republicans just sat on their fat asses and watched everything happen...and guess what...they made the same excuses they did back then as they are today. Blaming others for their actions or inactions.

I'm getting tired of Trump. I think he's just all over the place with his comments now and nobody knows how he will decide on issues. It's as if he has a Democrat Brain, and a Republican Brain, and depending on the time of day, he'll listen to one more than the other.

On a side note, I knew Trump would back down from his stupid missile comment to Russia:

"Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our “Thank you America?”" - Trump
But let's not pretend it's only Trump that is the problem. We have many Republicans who have sold America out, who purposely put obstacles in front of Trump, just because they were cowards and didn't want stand up for those who voted them into office.

And now we find out that Trump is going to give Jerry Brown millions of dollars so the National Guard can be at the border, but per Jerry-- as long as they don't do anything that would offend illegals.

I mean, Trump might as well be a Democrat now. So, I'm pretty much done with him. Almost all issues Trump has said he would initiate and complete, he's back-stepped.

I predict Trump will create another rally shortly, to make himself feel better.

Since Trump has not fulfilled any basic Republican issue (may tax relief but I'm still wondering about that), simple issues that are not difficult to get a "deal" on, I don't think any future Republican will, as the party has become a cowardly representation of going along to get along. As the party has become a cowardly representation of anything, period.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 04-12-18 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-12-18, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Trump nominee refuses to say that she agrees with desegregation. Wow.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/polit...ion/index.html

Last edited by D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB); 04-12-18 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-12-18, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
I try to explain that I'm not a Trump supporter, and I never voted for him and I never will vote for him. Just because I don't buy into Trump Hysteria, doesn't make me a Trump supporter. Just because there are policies that Trump and the conservative party support that I agree with does not make me a Trump supporter.

And can I assume that you think that Newsweek in its current form is a reputable magazine with journalistic integrity? Try to answer that question without using a "but what about... ".

And how was the Solar Eclipse an unnatural disaster? I'll have to google that hard hitting Newsweek article to find out.
Well, that's the thing. If you support ANY part of a Republican plan, you're labeled a Trump Supporter, and all the typical copy & paste comments from the Left that go along with it. Which doesn't make the Left appear any more intelligent, either.

For some amazingly politically-convenient reason, the Left wants Republicans to take Trump as a whole, ever since he was conceived, but when it comes to their own politicians, they simply tell us their politician had good intentions at the time or made a mistake and it's "time to forgive", etc. And of course, there's the often-used line of, "Well, Trump is President now. Obama and Hillary are not part of the government anymore, so we don't need to talk about what they did...."

We have children on both sides of the aisles. Screaming and kicking their heels, and Americans are paying for it.

I won't disagree Trump had a lot of issues that I agreed with him on. Now? It's like he's another person. He's back-stepping on everything he says. Wants to initiate a war with Russia one day, then cowardly retracts his comments--this doesn't really help foreign policy decisions and only makes him look more weak as countries now know he's a powerful tweeter...but nothing else.

Didn't used to be that way. But like many have said in the past, once you get into the White House, you will inherit the corruption, and the stains you will never get off.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 04-12-18 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-12-18, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) View Post
Trump nominee refuses to say that she agrees with desegregation. Wow.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/polit...ion/index.html
Do you think a Black-only school is a bad thing? Would you support a Black-only school? A Hispanic-only school? How about Chinese-only?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.