Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 02-27-18, 09:08 PM
Banned

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread Part 2 - Trump would run at a gunman to save kid

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Sometimes engaging with established trolls is fun for the ol' psyche, or just to push their buttons a little bit.
Isn't that the very definition of trolling?
Old 02-27-18, 09:09 PM
Banned

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread Part 2 - Trump would run at a gunman to save kid

Originally Posted by story View Post
So much troll feeding, can people truly not help themselves?

The only winning move is not to play.
That sounds downright judgmental!

However, it is a safe way to avoid having to answer challenges to one's posts.

Last edited by creekdipper; 02-28-18 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-27-18, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Sarah Sanders is one of the most effective WH press spokeshumans in recent memory. Given the antagonism she faces and the information she's given to work with, she does an imoressive job maintaining a good relationship with the WH press corps while staying on message and controlling the briefings.
If being full of shit like your boss is qualifies a person as being good at your job then I suppose you are somewhat correct. But isn't the job of the press secretary to provide useful, truthful information to the free press? Instead, she has suggested people lose their job, laughably accused the press of themselves being untruthful, and used the "I haven't had that conversation with the President" so many times to avoid answering legitimate questions that it sometimes doesn't sound like she's ever spoken to the guy.
Old 02-27-18, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Exactly. The members of Mt. Trollmore only have their desired impact if people keep engaging them. As many have noted, if they are not quoted, the ignore feature actually works!
Don't call them trolls. It's just getting increasingly hard to defend Trump and the GOP, without resorting to Machiavellian Gymnastics, whataboutisms, and alternate realities.

Like I posted before - it's like when I was in grade school, would articulate my thoughts, and be met with a frustrated "shutup fatso". That's pretty much the defense of Trump's supporters now. There's not a whole lot of defense beyond "not unh, yuh hunh". When confronted about gun control during a press briefing, even Trump himself crossed his arms (a sign of insecurity) and moved onto the the next question (though he did manage to not wine about "fake news").
Old 02-27-18, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy_Harn View Post
If being full of shit like your boss is qualifies a person as being good at your job then I suppose you are somewhat correct. But isn't the job of the press secretary to provide useful, truthful information to the free press? Instead, she has suggested people lose their job, laughably accused the press of themselves being untruthful, and used the "I haven't had that conversation with the President" so many times to avoid answering legitimate questions that it sometimes doesn't sound like she's ever spoken to the guy.
You know, I’ve often thought that Sarah Sanders must have the worst job in the country. But then I think, hell, I’d take $172,000 a year to simply repeat “The President’s words speak for themselves...” ad nauseam.
Old 02-27-18, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tommy_Harn View Post
No, the job of the WH press secretary is to present the White House in the best possible light. In effect, they act exactly as attorneys act for their clients.

I despised Clinton spokesperson James Carville's tactics (and told him so), but he was a very effective attack dog.
Old 02-27-18, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Don't call them trolls. It's just getting increasingly hard to defend Trump and the GOP, without resorting to Machiavellian Gymnastics, whataboutisms, and alternate realities.
This of course is a YMMV situation, but the ones I thinking of have been that way since the day I first started posting here. And back then Trump was just an idiot on TV. Yet these same people were trashing Obama/Dems in the way they now say we're not supposed to post about Trump/GOP members.

There are a couple "new" members that I'm not including in that, and frankly I have no idea why they are still allowed to post given their short history of essentially nothing but trolling.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 02-27-18 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-28-18, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post

Like I posted before - it's like when I was in grade school, would articulate my thoughts, and be met with a frustrated "shutup fatso". That's pretty much the defense of Trump's supporters now. There's not a whole lot of defense beyond "not unh, yuh hunh". When confronted about gun control during a press briefing, even Trump himself crossed his arms (a sign of insecurity) and moved onto the the next question (though he did manage to not wine about "fake news").
They are like cornered rats. The truth is a broom handle they're being poked with and they reply with hisses.

They also remind me of when a vampire gets cornered into a situation they can't get out of and they bare their fangs and hiss before being taken out.
Old 02-28-18, 06:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rw2516 View Post
They are like cornered rats. The truth is a broom handle they're being poked with and they reply with hisses.

They also remind me of when a vampire gets cornered into a situation they can't get out of and they bare their fangs and hiss before being taken out.
Or a balloon that's blown up into a funny shape but not tied and then you let the balloon go and the air comes out real fast and makes a hissing sound and then you let the balloon go and it flies around the room like crazy and everybody laughs real loud.

It's like that.
Old 02-28-18, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe they use a cross - any takers?

Old 02-28-18, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
I believe they use a cross - any takers?

The power of Kolchak commands you!
Old 02-28-18, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course he re-tweeted a fake map

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Such a beautiful map, thank you! <a href="https://t.co/FyQdgKvsRO">https://t.co/FyQdgKvsRO</a></p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968702480753315840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
and some wall shit
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big legal win today. U.S. judge sided with the Trump Administration and rejected the attempt to stop the government from building a great Border Wall on the Southern Border. Now this important project can go forward!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968704442110545923?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Heritage Foundation has just stated that 64% of the Trump Agenda is already done, faster than even Ronald Reagan. “We’re blown away,” said Thomas Binion of Heritage, President Trump “is very active, very conservative and very effective. Huge volume &amp; spectrum of issues.”</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968818810005450752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I have decided that sections of the Wall that California wants built NOW will not be built until the whole Wall is approved. Big victory yesterday with ruling from the courts that allows us to proceed. OUR COUNTRY MUST HAVE BORDER SECURITY!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968825596133478400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
Old 02-28-18, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder when the first wall payment from Mexico will arrive...
Old 02-28-18, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I wonder when the first wall payment from Mexico will arrive...
If Mexico had a sense of humor about the situation they would hire a Trump company to do the job and then refuse to pay once it is done.
Old 02-28-18, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The power of Kolchak commands you!

I've read steaks work too, medium rare for me
Old 02-28-18, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully that comment about 64% of his agenda being done (complete bullshit) indicates the king rat is ready to abandon ship (or be pushed off).
Old 02-28-18, 08:11 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Hopefully that comment about 64% of his agenda being done (complete bullshit) indicates the king rat is ready to abandon ship (or be pushed off).
Don't you remember how much he planned to do the first hour, first day, first week? There isn't much left to do. Contrary to popular belief, he is not a lazy stupid fuck who spends his time watching TV and playing golf.
Old 02-28-18, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah, good luck with that.
Old 02-28-18, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Having done this with a possum that got under garage work bench once, I'll warn people not to use anything you might want back to poke at them.

Just as we did with the possum, the best solution is to just pretend they are not there and they eventually figure out how to leave the same way they got in.
Old 02-28-18, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That sounds downright judgmental!

However, it is a safe way to avoid having to answer challenges to one's posts.
Like Sarah Huckleberry Sanders when she is asked tough questions?
Old 02-28-18, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isn’t the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968856971075051521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
Old 02-28-18, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Isnít the I.G. an Obama guy?
A (relatively) subtle but revealing element of that tweet.
Old 02-28-18, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isnít the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968856971075051521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
Shouldn't he know the answer to all these questions?

He's Sessions' fucking boss, why is he even airing his grievances on Twitter? Just talk to the guy. For fucks sake.
Old 02-28-18, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isnít the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968856971075051521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
I know when my boss has a question about why I did or didn't do something, she sends out an official statement to the world asking instead of walking the 10 feet from her office to mine.
Old 02-28-18, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I read a pretty good theory as to how trump's cowardice and laziness protects Mueller from ever getting fired.

Basically, trump can’t just send his goons to fire Mueller like he would in his private company. He has to order his deputy attorney general, who would most likely refuse, who he would then have to personally fire, hiring someone else, and continue down an indefinite chain of orderings and firings until someone obeys.

That’s a lot of work and direct confrontation for someone who seems anaphylactically allergic to both.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.