Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Actual collaboration between Breitbart (Milo & Bannon) and neo-Nazis revealed

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 10-06-17, 10:18 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Thought this was deserving of its own thread, considering how explosive some of these details could prove to be. This isn't just about Breitbart, either. It's about that shitstain Milo (Mr. "I'm not racist because I have sex with black men") and a bunch of other people who turned out to be pieces of shit.

This article is huge. 9000 words. Some of the best investigative reporting of the year. Yes, from BuzzFeed. Notice the language throughout... they don't say "allegedly" or use other lawyer-like words to skirt the issue: These are all facts, straight from the discussions between Breitbart employees and literal Nazis.

This isn't some conspiracy theory. These are facts.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...1va#.rx1BOKavy

Here are JUST A FEW of the choice bits:

On Milo totally not being racist scum:
In an April 6 email, Allum Bokhari mentioned having had access to an account of Yiannopoulos’s with “a password that began with the word Kristall.” Kristallnacht, an infamous 1938 riot against German Jews carried out by the SA — the paramilitary organization that helped Hitler rise to power — is sometimes considered the beginning of the Holocaust. In a June 2016 email to an assistant, Yiannopoulos shared the password to his email, which began “LongKnives1290.” The Night of the Long Knives was the Nazi purge of the leadership of the SA. The purge famously included Ernst Rhm, the SA’s gay leader. 1290 is the year King Edward I expelled the Jews from England.
On collaborating directly with Nazis and white nationalists:
Yiannopoulos had to take back “alt-right,” to redefine for Breitbart’s audience a poorly understood, leaderless movement, parts of which had already started to resist the term itself.

So he reached out to key constituents, who included a neo-Nazi and a white nationalist.

“Finally doing my big feature on the alt right,”Yiannopoulos wrote in a March 9, 2016, email to Andrew “Weev” Auernheimer, a hacker who is the system administrator of the neo-Nazi hub the Daily Stormer, and who would later ask his followers to disrupt the funeral of Charlottesville victim Heather Heyer. “Fancy braindumping some thoughts for me.”

“It’s time for me to do my big definitive guide to the alt right,” Yiannopoulos wrote four hours later to Curtis Yarvin, a software engineer who under the nom de plume Mencius Moldbug helped create the “neoreactionary” movement, which holds that Enlightenment democracy has failed and that a return to feudalism and authoritarian rule is in order. “Which is my whorish way of asking if you have anything you’d like to make sure I include.”

“Alt r feature, figured you’d have some thoughts,” Yiannopoulos wrote the same day to Devin Saucier, who helps edit the online white nationalist magazine American Renaissance under the pseudonym Henry Wolff, and who wrote a story in June 2017 called “Why I Am (Among Other Things) a White Nationalist.”

The three responded at length

Breitbart published “An Establishment Conservative’s Guide to the Alt-Right.” It quickly became a touchstone, cited in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the New Yorker, CNN, and New York Magazine, among others. And its influence is still being felt. This past July, in a speech in Warsaw that was celebrated by the alt-right, President Trump echoed a line from the story — a story written by a “brown-sounding” amanuensis, all but line-edited by a white nationalist, laundered for racism by Breitbart’s editors, and supervised by the man who would in short order become the president’s chief strategist.
On Bannon writing like a teenager:
“Dude---we r in a global existentialist war where our enemy EXISTS in social media and u r jerking yourself off w/ marginalia!!!! U should be OWNING this conversation because u r everything they hate!!! Drop your toys, pick up your tools and go help save western civilization.”

“Message received,” Yiannopoulos wrote back. “I will do a Week of Islam next week.”

“U don’t need that,” Bannon responded. “Just get in the fight---ur Social Media and they have made it a powerful weapon of war. … There is no war correspondent in the west yet dude and u can own it and be remember for 3 generations--or sit around wasting your God-given talents jerking off to your fan base.”
On billionaire Robert Mercer:
In May, Bannon invited Yiannopoulos to Cannes for a week for the film festival. “Want to discuss tv and film with u,” he wrote in an email. “U get to meet my partners, hang on the boat and discuss business.”

The boat was the Sea Owl, a 200-foot yacht owned by the hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer, who is a major funder of Breitbart and various other far-right enterprises. That week, Yiannopoulos shuttled back and forth from the Cannes Palace Hotel to the pier next to the Palais des Festivals et des Congrs and the green-sterned, “fantasy-inspired” vessel complete with a Dale Chihuly chandelier. The Mercers were in town to promote Clinton Cash, a film produced by Bannon and their production studio, Glittering Steel.

Rebekah Mercer — Robert’s powerful daughter — emailed Steve Bannon from her Stanford alumni account. She wanted the Breitbart executive chairman, whom she introduced as “one of the greatest living defenders of Liberty,” to meet an app developer she knew. Apple had rejected the man’s game (Capitol HillAwry, in which players delete emails la Hillary Clinton) from the App Store, and the younger Mercer wondered “if we could put an article up detailing his 1st amendment political persecution.”
On Milo's team:
“We want you to stir up more. Milo: for your eyes only we r going to use the mercers private security company.”

Copied on the email was Dan Fleuette, Bannon’s coproducer at Glittering Steel and the man who acted for months as the go-between for Yiannopoulos and the Mercers. As Yiannopoulos made the transition in summer 2016 from being a writer to becoming largely the star of a traveling stage show, Fleuette was enlisted to process and wrangle the legion of young assistants, managers, trainers, and other talent the Breitbart tech editor demanded be brought along for the ride.

The newcomers brought in by Gionet weren’t much better behaved. Yiannopoulos had to boot one prospective member of his “tour squad” for posting cocaine use on Snapchat. Mike Mahoney, a then–20-year-old from North Carolina, had to be monitored because of his propensity for racism and anti-Semitism on social media. (Mahoney was later banned from Twitter, but he’s relocated to Gab, a free speech uber alles social network where he is free to post messages such as “reminder: muslims are ****.”)

There's so much more...
But here's the type of people who started contacting Milo:
He heard from ancient veterans who “binge-watched” his speeches on YouTube; from “a 58 year old asian woman” concerned about her high school daughter’s progressive teachers; from boys asking how to win classroom arguments against feminists; from a former NASA employee who said he had been “laid off by my fat female boss” and was sad that the Jet Propulsion Lab had become “completely cucked”; from a man who had bought his 11-year-old son an AR-15 and named it “Milo”; from an Indiana lesbian who said she “despised liberals” and begged Yiannopoulos to “keep triggering the special snowflakes”; from a doctoral student in philosophy who said he had been threatened with dismissal from his program for sharing his low opinion of Islam; from a Charlotte police officer thanking Yiannopoulos for his “common sense Facebook posts” about the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott (“BLUE LIVES MATTER,” Yiannopoulos responded); from a New Jersey school teacher who feared his students would become “pawns for the left social justice campaign”; from a man who said he had returned from a deployment in “an Islamic country” to discover that his wife was transitioning and wanted a divorce (subject line “Regressivism stole my wife”); from a father terrified his daughter might attend Smith College; from fans who wanted to give him jokes to use about fat people, about gay people, about Muslims, about Hillary Clinton.
Just random internet nobodies? Sure. What about these folks:

A long-running email group devoted to mocking stories about the social justice internet included, predictably, Yiannopoulos’s friend Ann Coulter, but also Mitchell Sunderland, a senior staff writer at Broadly, Vice’s women’s channel. According to its “About” page, Broadly “is devoted to representing the multiplicity of women's experiences. … we provide a sustained focus on the issues that matter most to women.”

“Please mock this fat feminist,” Sunderland wrote to Yiannopoulos in May 2016, along with a link to an article by the New York Times columnist Lindy West, who frequently writes about fat acceptance. And while Sunderland was Broadly’s managing editor, he sent a Broadly video about the Satanic Temple and abortion rights to Tim Gionet with instructions to “do whatever with this on Breitbart. It’s insane.” The next day, Breitbart published an article titled “‘Satanic Temple’ Joins Planned Parenthood in Pro-Abortion Crusade.”
Dan Lyons, the veteran tech reporter and editor who also worked for nearly two years on HBO’s Silicon Valley, emailed Yiannopoulos (“you little troublemaker”) periodically to wonder about the birth sex of Zo Quinn, another GamerGate target, and Amber Discko, the founder of the feminist website Femsplain, and to suggest a story about the public treatment of the venture capitalist Joe Lonsdale, who had been accused of sexual assault in a lawsuit that the plaintiff eventually dropped.
And the former Slate technology writer David Auerbach, who once began a column “Gamergate must end as soon as possible,” passed along on background information about the love life of Anita Sarkeesian, the GamerGate target; “the goods” about an allegedly racist friend of Arthur Chu, the Jeopardy champion and frequent advocate of social justice causes; and a “hot tip” about harsh anti-harassment tactics implemented by Wikipedia. Bokhari followed up with an article: “Wikipedia Can Now Ban You For What You Do On Other Websites.”

Oh, and the video...
It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.
I recommend getting a cup of coffee and reading the entire thing, as it goes into more detail about the folks involved and how Milo rose in popularity, starting with that fucking gamer hashtag bullshit, and leading to... well... where we're are today. As Zoe Quinn said:
Old 10-06-17, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Actual collaboration between Breitbart (Milo & Bannon) and neo-Nazis revealed

waaay tl;dnr
Old 10-06-17, 10:57 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Re: Actual collaboration between Breitbart (Milo & Bannon) and neo-Nazis revealed

Yeah, but they're not racists or nazis.
Old 10-06-17, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Those are some very fine people. Don't forget that Antifa, BLM and black football players are worse.
Old 10-06-17, 11:15 AM
Banned by request

Wow, that is some comprehensive reporting. Sadly I don’t think it will move the needle much. A lot of people are already savvy to the fact that the alt-right are Nazis by another name, and those who defend the alt-right, including members here, won’t stop now.
Old 10-06-17, 11:19 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

The funny thing is, these fuckboys have been projecting their shady bullshit onto the left the entire time. George Soros funding secret cells on the left? Nah, just Mercer funding Milo and his band of 4chan losers on the right.

Supermallet, you're probably right.
Old 10-06-17, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Lies...Milos can't be racist as he just married his BLACK Boyfriend a few days ago.

#sunkenplace
#getout
#iwonderwhoisreallyinthatblackbody

Old 10-06-17, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He probably shares some DNA with this guy

You can't fix stupid!
Old 10-06-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sharing DNA ... like, orally?
Old 10-06-17, 02:08 PM
RIP

#fakenews #SJWs #pleasenopunching
Old 10-06-17, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
#fakenews #SJWs #pleasenopunching
I mean, it's not as if there's email evidence or videos or anything. Oh, wait...!

Dan Lyons confirmed that his emails referenced in the report are legitimate.
Old 10-06-17, 02:30 PM
Political Exile

Milo has a ghostwriter? That totally sucks.

In my opinion, anything that is ghostwritten should say so whereever the "author's" name is cited.

For example:

"By Milo Yiannopoulos, ghostwritten by Allum Bokhari."

As far as Milo being associated with Nazis, I already thought that was common knowledge. But that, in and of itself, doesn't mean that Milo is a Nazi.

The password thing is weird. Could be some sick, twisted joke. I don't think Milo is anti-semetic, and I'm Jewish.

Finally: (NSFW due to profanity)

Last edited by grundle; 10-07-17 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-06-17, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
If a ghostwriter is credited, it ceases to be ghostwriting. But, yeah, as a general rule, I think ghostwriting is awfully shady.
Old 10-06-17, 02:33 PM
Banned by request

I don't think Milo is anti-semetic, and I'm Jewish.
You have such a hard on for the alt right that your Jewish credentials should be revoked. These people literally want to kill you (and me, and many other people who post here). You continually flaunt your Judaism as a way to excuse Nazis and it's not fucking okay. And I, as a Jew, can say that.
Old 10-06-17, 02:36 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Lies...Milos can't be racist as he just married his BLACK Boyfriend a few days ago.

#sunkenplace
#getout
#iwonderwhoisreallyinthatblackbody
Old 10-06-17, 02:38 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Finally:
Read the article, grundle. There's undeniable evidence of him collaborating with white nationalists and even proof that anything he says publicly denouncing them is 100% bullshit.
Old 10-06-17, 02:42 PM
Banned by request

Also the distinction between white supremacist and white supremacist collaborator is mostly academic, as the end result is still genocide regardless of whether or not you’re a true believer in the cause.
Old 10-06-17, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Milo has a ghostwriter? That totally sucks.

In my opinion, anything that is ghostwritten should say so whereever the "author's" name is cited.

For example:

As far as Milo being associated with Nazis, I already thought that was common knowledge. But that, in and of itself, doesn't mean that Milo is a Nazi.

The password thing is weird. Could be some sick, twisted joke. I don't think Milo is anti-semetic, and I'm Jewish.

Finally:

There's a reason why the comment section underneath that video is filled with alt-right crybabies. They all felt like what he said in that video was a betrayal because it didn't sound like him at all. I'm curious about the context. To me it sounded like the kind of thing you'd say to lead a bunch of curious attendees into your flock.
Old 10-06-17, 03:05 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Also the distinction between white supremacist and white supremacist collaborator is mostly academic, as the end result is still genocide regardless of whether or not you’re a true believer in the cause.

Just to re-iterate the point. Quoting someone else:
"he's the rhetorically competent mouthpiece for neo-Nazis, as the Buzzfeed article demonstrates explicitly"

Last edited by Dan; 10-06-17 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-06-17, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think Milo is anti-semetic, and I'm Jewish.
I'm sure you and Yair Netanyahu would get along just fine.
Old 10-06-17, 03:56 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

This article was originally laughed off by some as an April Fools joke (it was published the night of March 31, 2016), but it's from the same BuzzFeed reporter as the newest report.

Top Conservative Writer Is A Group Effort, Sources Say
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...8vd#.bye0QLvoP

These sources a former intern and someone who has worked with Yiannopoulos for years both in and outside of the Breitbart News Network as well as a video taken from a private chat offer a glimpse behind the curtain of one of a new movement's leading provocateurs. The sources also suggest that much of the commentator's work is written by a bevy of mostly unpaid personal interns.

Yiannopoulos confirmed in an interview with BuzzFeed News that he has "about 44" interns "a mix of paid and unpaid" writing and conducting research for him.

Elsewhere in the video clip, "milo" writes, "does anyone need anything else from Daddy tonight?"; instructs the group to tweet a link to a Breitbart story about Twitter censorship of conservatives from their accounts; and tells workers to tune in to an appearance on Fox News. He also asks several workers to write a speech about feminism: "include (1) feminism attention seeking for ugly people (2) wage gap (3) campus rape culture... a load of mean jokes."
Grundle's idol sounds like a real stand-up guy.
Old 10-06-17, 04:18 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
You have such a hard on for the alt right that your Jewish credentials should be revoked. These people literally want to kill you (and me, and many other people who post here). You continually flaunt your Judaism as a way to excuse Nazis and it's not fucking okay. And I, as a Jew, can say that.

Please cite evidence that Milo wants to kill Jews.
Old 10-06-17, 04:24 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
This article was originally laughed off by some as an April Fools joke (it was published the night of March 31, 2016), but it's from the same BuzzFeed reporter as the newest report.

Top Conservative Writer Is A Group Effort, Sources Say
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...8vd#.bye0QLvoP

Grundle's idol sounds like a real stand-up guy.

I wouldn't say he's my idol. My main interest in him is that so many people want to ban him from speaking on college campuses. Were it not for that, I don't think I'd pay much attention to him.

So he doesn't have just one ghost writer. He has a whole bunch.
Old 10-06-17, 04:32 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Please cite evidence that Milo wants to kill Jews.
Quit JAQing off.

He collaborated with white nationalists and neo-Nazis to write an article titled "An Establishment Conservative’s Guide to the Alt-Right." An article that was, quote, "all but line-edited by a white nationalist, laundered for racism by Breitbart’s editors, and supervised by the man who would in short order become the president’s chief strategist."

These people that literally worked on this article want Jews dead.
It doesn't matter what fuckboy Milo wants.
Supermallet said "These people literally want to kill you."
Old 10-06-17, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was reading this earlier. Very long article, but very well written.

Some random thoughts:

Never knew too much about Bannon besides from what's linked and discussed here. He sounds even more crazy with the whole #war and all the other stuff.

Surprised to find out just how much in bed Milo was/is with white supremacists. I always thought that he was merely taking advantage of that element of society in order to further his own celebrity. They were all in it together.

I didn't think Milo could ever come back from the comments he made that got him fired from Breitbart, but this is the final nail. Hopefully this article does the same for Breitbart, but sadly I don't think it will be enough.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.