Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 09-09-17, 07:01 PM   #26
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Illegal voters may gave handed New Hampshire to Hillary Clinton

Yet another grundle thread where he fails to check the veracity of the article's thesis before posting

Quote:
In February, before this new info came out, the Washington Post criticized White House adviser Stephen Miller for saying that Clinton won New Hampshire due to illegal out of state voters. But that criticism from the Washington Post was before this new info came out.
Stephen Miller claimed that thousands of Democratic voters had been brought into the state on buses, and he provided no proof.

- Christopher Hill, former U.S. Ambassador to South Korea
Old 09-09-17, 07:02 PM   #27
DVD Talk Hero

Well I would expect the Washington Post to be a little irritated with anything that has any resemblance to being Pro-Trump on any issue.

OAN has done some rather informative reports that even Fox News couldn't get close to. On the ground reporting in actual locations, and doing 30-minute reports, free of Reverse Mortgage and Tactical Flashlight and PC Matic commercials.

One report was on Assad and was exactly what I found to be the case, and even made the same arguments here (Assad did not use Chemical weapons on his people, contrary to what the Trump Admin claimed and that the "Rebels" were actually against Americans, killing the locals in Syria, and were Al-Qaeda members or supporters).

Hey, if OAN was doing shitty reporting, I'd certainly say so. I just haven't seen in it. I know OAN interviewed Bill O. a while back and I hope they do not take Bill on board. Bill O'Reilly would destroy any amount of good reputation OAN has. Not to mention protecting the women there be an exhausting process.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 09-09-17, 08:50 PM   #28
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did you read the Washington Post article? They interviewed people who worked at One America, and they also discussed internal emails.

- Christopher Hill, former U.S. Ambassador to South Korea
Old 09-10-17, 04:50 PM   #29
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonX View Post
I've lived in New York for over a decade. That entire time I have kept my California drivers license. I have voted in every election. The data you posted means nothing.
My post was about the law in New Hampshire, not New York. Different states have different laws.
Old 09-10-17, 04:52 PM   #30
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
The Washington Post described Miller’s claim as “the same bogus talking points that have been repeatedly shown to be false.”

Yes, they did say that.

And that was before this new info came out.

I would like them to investigate this new info to either confirm it or debunk it.
Old 09-10-17, 04:53 PM   #31
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
When you have a shitty president, the only way to make him look good is by attacking the person who lost the election to him, good job Fox.
The article by Fox News would constitute an attack only if it was false.
Old 09-10-17, 04:57 PM   #32
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Did you read the Washington Post article? They interviewed people who worked at One America, and they also discussed internal emails.
Ok. Well, I still prefer OAN over any other Conservative news media source on television. I don't trust any one source, but they are much more honest (imo) than Fox News and others.

Pick your poison, I suppose. But I'm not going to do what the Washington Post implies, which is to not watch any conservative networks and only watch CNN and MSNBC.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 09-10-17, 04:57 PM   #33
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Back on topic, it seems the interpretation of the law in the original article may be incorrect:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...r-fraud-kobach
Thank you for posting that.

I still hope the Washington Post will investigate to see who is right about this.
Old 09-10-17, 04:59 PM   #34
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Flat out untrue.

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-hamp.../2014-055.html

Emphasis added.

Let me add something.

Grundle, you are not stupid. Perhaps a bit too credulous when it comes to news that tracks with your biases, but not stupid.

This is a 2-year-old case that is directly on point. It says 180 degrees the opposite of what Fox News is saying. Ask yourself why that is. Ask yourself why Kris Kobach, who is leading a so-called "election integrity commission" is blatantly ignoring the pronouncements of New Hampshire's Supreme Court on what the law in New Hampshire is.

Thank you for posting proof that the Fox News article that I posted was wrong.

And thank you for your kind words as well.

Kobach is either lying, or incompetent to hold such a position, or both.
Old 09-10-17, 05:09 PM   #35
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
NH seems to be changing their voting laws a little.

http://sos.nh.gov/Elections.aspx

http://sos.nh.gov/WorkArea/DownloadA...?id=8589970520

I'm not really sure if the evidence is there or not for demonstrating NH had "illegal" voters for Hillary, because for one, it's Fox News, and most of their commentary is just misleading, like CNN or anyone else.

Grundle, I would recommend watching OAN versus Fox News. They have more in-depth reporting, which is rare, and they allow real conversations with their hosts versus soundbites and video clips that have been recycled for several months.
I just looked up your recommendation. I'll read some of their articles. Thanks for the suggestion. http://www.oann.com/
Old 09-10-17, 05:10 PM   #36
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
One America is intentionally pro-Trump. The owner thinks that it's a good business move.

An inside look at One America News, the insurgent TV network taking ‘pro-Trump’ to new heights at WashingtonPost.com
And I'll read that too. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-10-17, 08:02 PM   #37
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of those 5000 how many were just NH college students who live in NH during the school year but until age 18 lived in another state. I am guessing that would account for most of it.
Old 09-12-17, 06:27 PM   #38
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
Of those 5000 how many were just NH college students who live in NH during the school year but until age 18 lived in another state. I am guessing that would account for most of it.
http://www.npr.org/2017/09/12/550253...f-next-meeting

Their guess too.

Quote:
What Kobach didn't say in the Breitbart column is that there are other possible explanations for all the out-of-state voter IDs. The most likely is that many were used by out-of-state college students, who are still eligible to vote.

"It's wrong," says Matthew Dunlap, Maine's secretary of state and one of five Democrats on the 12-member presidential commission. "It oversimplifies the model to say that there's a direct path to fraud through the driver's license. There never has been."
Old 09-12-17, 06:45 PM   #39
DVD Talk Legend

The symbolic gif for the premise of this thread

Old 09-16-17, 12:09 PM   #40
DVD Talk Hero

Website passes along dubious claims about fraudulent New Hampshire votes

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...bout-fraudule/

- Albert Bandura