Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 06-20-17, 02:03 PM   #51
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: The Official Trump/Russia Wacky? Conspiracy Thread

Not sure if this is right place but a group has released a report on Seth Rich's murder (it would fall under "Wacky Conspiracy" in this hread's title).

Independent group releases new report on Seth Rich's murder.

Rich's killer remains on the loose, and for months now a group of George Washington University grad students, called the Profiling Project, have been digging into the case.

Old 06-20-17, 09:54 PM   #52
DVD Talk Hero

This is just hilarious:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ure-russia-has

McCain: No American has seen healthcare bill, but I'm sure Russia has

Quote:
"Nor have I met any American that has," he added, according to Bloomberg. "I’m sure the Russians have been able to hack in and gotten most of it."
This guy has more of a hard-on for Russia than he has for his wife.

Oh, and the Russians must have hacked and gotten most of it.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 06-20-17, 09:59 PM   #53
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
This is just hilarious:

This guy has more of a hard-on for Russia than he has for his wife
That wasn't evident in his questioning of James Comey.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 06-20-17, 10:17 PM   #54
DVD Talk Legend

My senator with today's zinger. That one has been getting lots of coverage.

There's a reason McCain keeps winning elections. He doesn't do it by lining up voters on opposite sides and hoping his side has more.

We're still all baffled by the whole Sarah Palin thing, though. Maybe that was just a joke too.
Old 06-20-17, 10:22 PM   #55
DVD Talk Hero

McCain is a do-nothing politician, and yes, of course he doesn't want to press issues. He wants his seat to last forever. And McCain wins because he taps into old people in Arizona, who historically vote Conservative. However, he barely won in Arizona this last time. His voters are dying off, being replaced with younger voters who would rather have veterans alive in a hospital...than a war with Russia.

Old 06-20-17, 11:43 PM   #56
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
This is just hilarious:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ure-russia-has

McCain: No American has seen healthcare bill, but I'm sure Russia has

This guy has more of a hard-on for Russia than he has for his wife.

Oh, and the Russians must have hacked and gotten most of it.
McCain was trolling, and it was indeed hilarious.

- Christopher Hill, former U.S. Ambassador to South Korea
Old 06-20-17, 11:56 PM   #57
Time Lord

Quote:
McCain is a do-nothing politician, and yes, of course he doesn't want to press issues. He wants his seat to last forever. And McCain wins because he taps into old people in Arizona, who historically vote Conservative. However, he barely won in Arizona this last time. His voters are dying off, being replaced with younger voters who would rather have veterans alive in a hospital...than a war with Russia.
I hear Jonah Ryan's voice in my head every time I read your posts.
Old 06-21-17, 12:42 AM   #58
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I hear Jonah Ryan's voice in my head every time I read your posts.
I hear Jonah Ryan every time I hear Ron Wyden, except with more lisping.
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
Old 06-21-17, 01:01 AM   #59
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
That wasn't evident in his questioning of James Comey.
To be fair, not much of anything was evident in that questioning.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 06-21-17, 07:28 AM   #60
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
To be fair, not much of anything was evident in that questioning.
Yes, but that was his PLAN. He's way smarter than the rest of us!

Gerrymandering in the US
Old 06-21-17, 10:55 AM   #61
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A four pronged attack

1) GRU hacking of DNC server and released through Russian front Wikileaks.

2) Use of botnets, troll accounts, and big data to target Americans with misinformation. (The Robert Mercer/ Cambridge Analytica front)

3) Personal contacts with senior US officials (Flynn, etc)

4) Targeting of US election systems.

Quote:
Official Says Russia Targeted 21 States for Election Hacking
Testimony is first time a DHS official has publicly quantified the number of states affected

A senior Department of Homeland Security official told Congress on Wednesday that federal investigators had evidence that the Russian government targeted election systems in nearly two dozen states during the 2016 elections.

“As of right now, we have evidence of election-related systems in 21 states that were targeted,” said Jeanette Manfra, the acting deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity and communications at DHS. Her remarks came in testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is conducting a wide-ranging probe of Russian activities in the elections.

It was the first time a DHS official had publicly quantified the number of states targeted by the hacking.

Ms. Manfra didn’t make clear whether those penetration attempts were successful, nor did she name any of the 21 states—citing the privacy rights of entities that contacted DHS for help on cybersecurity-related issues. Only two states—Arizona and Illinois—have publicly acknowledged that their systems were targeted.

...In prepared remarks, former Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson told the House committee that sometime between August and September the intelligence community became “increasingly convinced” that the Russian government was responsible for the hacks of the Democratic National Committee and other political entities, and “I and others also became personally convinced that we needed to inform the American public, prior to the election, of what we knew the Russian government was doing.”

To my current knowledge, the Russian government did not through any cyberintrusion alter ballots, ballot counts or reporting of election results,” Mr. Johnson said in the prepared remarks. “I am not in a position to know whether the successful Russian government-directed hacks of the DNC and elsewhere did in fact alter public opinion and thereby alter the outcome of the presidential election.”
Careful. Wording.

Quote:
DHS Never Ran Audit to See if Votes Were Hacked
The Department of Homeland Security insists that no one hacked actual votes—but admits it never ran an audit to check.

Despite assurances from the U.S. intelligence community that Russian hacking only influenced the 2016 U.S. election—and didn’t change vote tallies—there was never actually a formal federal audit of those systems, the Department of Homeland Security said.
And while DHS offered free security scans to any state that wanted them, many states—even ones that took up the DHS offer, like Michigan and Maine—either use audit procedures that are considered inadequate or don’t audit their election results at all.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 06-21-17 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-21-17, 11:31 AM   #62
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
However, he barely won in Arizona this last time. His voters are dying off, being replaced with younger voters who would rather have veterans alive in a hospital...than a war with Russia.
McCain won the election by 53% to 40%. That is not barely winning. I'm sure most politicians would love to win by that wide of a margin.
Old 06-21-17, 11:33 AM   #63

Russias cyberwar on the Ukraine is a blueprint for what's to come

Quote:
HOW AN ENTIRE NATION BECAME RUSSIA'S TEST LAB FOR CYBERWAR

From the beginning, one of this war’s major fronts has been digital. Ahead of Ukraine’s post-revolution 2014 elections, a pro-*Russian group calling itself CyberBerkut—an entity with links to the Kremlin hackers who later breached Democratic targets in America’s 2016 presidential election—rigged the website of the country’s Central Election Commission to announce ultra-right presidential candidate Dmytro Yarosh as the winner. Administrators detected the tampering less than an hour before the election results were set to be declared. And that attack was just a prelude to Russia’s most ambitious experiment in digital war, the barrage of cyberattacks that began to accelerate in the fall of 2015 and hasn’t ceased since.

...But for those who have been paying attention to Sandworm for almost three years, raising an alarm about the potential for an attack on the US grid is no longer crying wolf. For John Hultquist, head of the team of researchers at FireEye that first spotted and named the Sandworm group, the wolves have arrived. “We’ve seen this actor show a capability to turn out the lights and an interest in US systems,” Hultquist says. Three weeks after the 2016 Kiev attack, he wrote a prediction on Twitter and pinned it to his profile for posterity: “I swear, when Sandworm Team finally nails Western critical infrastructure, and folks react like this was a huge surprise, I’m gonna lose it.”
Old 06-21-17, 11:45 AM   #64

MSM finally discovers Arif, Sater, and Bayrock in Trump's closet.

a Lot of this will be familiar if you watched the Dutch documentary posted several week back in the other thread.
Old 06-21-17, 12:43 PM   #65
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgator View Post
McCain won the election by 53% to 40%. That is not barely winning. I'm sure most politicians would love to win by that wide of a margin.
And only 20.9% of Arizona's electorate is 65 or older. And McCain won every age demographic (56% to 39% for >65, 54% to 40% for 45-64, 50% to 43% for 30-44 and 49% to 46% for 18-29). But you bothered to look up something accurate and I bothered to look up something accurate, so dvdpolizei wins by playing by the Trump handbook. That is, lying about something easily refuted just to waste the time of those who wish he would actually give a shit about ever being correct.
Old 06-21-17, 01:03 PM   #66
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
so dvdpolizei wins by playing by the Trump handbook. That is, lying about something easily refuted just to waste the time of those who wish he would actually give a shit about ever being correct.
Your own playbook:

[ X ] Trump handbook

[ X ] Call the person a liar

Yawn.

Old 06-21-17, 01:08 PM   #67
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Your own playbook:

[ X ] Trump handbook

[ X ] Call the person a liar

Yawn.
So rather than saying "yep, you are right, I was wrong about McCain voters," you post this? That's a classic Trump and Co. move.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 06-21-17, 01:22 PM   #68
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgator View Post
That's your opinion. And I told my opinion.

Depends on the voter turnout which reflects that percentage as well. He won this round, but he's been losing overall support gains he has previously had.

McCain nearly lost in 2014, and has been losing support by his base.

McCain was at 59% in 2010, by the way.

https://ballotpedia.org/John_McCain

I stand by what I said. McCain is losing ground in Arizona. Just because he won in 2016, does not mean he has such a solid guarantee of winning in 2018.

If Democrats continue the same tactics, like accusing people of being racist, being "liars", this may in fact increase Conservative turnout, not just in Arizona.

Old 06-21-17, 01:24 PM   #69
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
So rather than saying "yep, you are right, I was wrong about McCain voters," you post this? That's a classic Trump and Co. move.
In my opinion, he barely won, compared to his previous history.

And you're response is a typical move as well.

Everything is about Trump to you people.

If a big bird took a shit on your car, you'd blame Trump for it.

Old 06-21-17, 01:29 PM   #70
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfisher
That is, lying about something easily refuted just to waste the time of those who wish he would actually give a shit about ever being correct.
Easily refuted? Wasting time of others? Lying?

On a side note, let's try that Russia Conspiracy nonsense that is continually being vomited from the media and your favorite politicians. Oh yeah. All that evidence. All those juicy bits of nothing.

Don't get so triggered on a simple opinion. You stated your side. That's fine. But don't call people liars. You're acting like Trump. Lying doesn't mean having a difference of an opinion. You need to read more about the meaning of words.

Old 06-21-17, 01:30 PM   #71
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
That's your opinion. And I told my opinion.
Math is not an opinion, son.
Old 06-21-17, 01:33 PM   #72
Time Lord

It's always amusing to see people say "in my opinion" and then say something completely contrary to the facts.
Old 06-21-17, 01:34 PM   #73
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterite View Post
Math is not an opinion, son.
Never said it wasn't, daddy.

And we're not talking about math. We're talking about my opinion that McCain barely won. It's an opinion.

If you want to drag out a chalkboard and prove that opinions are now mathematical theorems...be my guest.

If you really want to travel down the mathematical route...I would gather you can prove 1 + 1 = 3.

By the way, we are in the wacky conspiracy thread...

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 06-21-17 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-21-17, 01:57 PM   #74
Admin-Self Banned

Reagan barely won the 1984 election.

Gerrymandering in the US
Old 06-21-17, 01:58 PM   #75
DVD Talk Hero

And that's your opinion.

In a conspiracy thread.