Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Chortling with schadenfreude

Old 05-27-17, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Chortling with schadenfreude

This is a personal one.

Thirty years ago, one of my brothers married a woman who was a born-again fundamentalist Christian, which was rather more accepted during the reign of Ronaldo Maximus than it is today. I immediately disliked her because I could see right through her fakery, and she of course was not thrilled to have a pro-choice feminist rug-muncher for a sister in law (to be fair, I was in my early twenties then and pretty angry about everything ... well, sort of like now. ). She and my brother were divorced after fifteen years and three children. The oldest child is 28, the second one is 26, and the baby is 18.

The 18 y/o came out as gay last year and his mother is praying for his soul to be delivered from the devil, because, of course, "it's a choice" and he's perfectly capable of being straight if he'd just pray hard enough. Thankfully, the children have brains because my brother mostly raised the kids after the divorce because my ex-SIL immediately married a fucking pedophile and he didn't want his kids in that house. (You'll be amused to know that ex-SIL claims that Jeebus has HEALED the pedo. She even bore him a daughter. Ick).

The 26 y/o told my brother this week that she's a lesbian. She has not yet told her mother. I would love to be a fly on the wall when she does. At least she can't blame it on me; they've lived 900 miles or more away for the last 28 years, since the oldest was an infant, and the times I've seen her since then, such as at holiday dinners, she's given my plate two extra rinses and a swipe with Clorox just to be sure.

Also, she doesn't know this yet, but her one straight kid happens to be dating a black woman. That nephew lives in California so I've never met his girlfriend, but I hear she's a sweetie and I'm happy for him.

Just wanted to share my schadenfreude where it will be duly appreciated. Being the bad example to the next generation sometimes pays off ...
Old 05-27-17, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Chortling with schadenfreude

Hopefully the 28 year old comes out as transgender and ends up being a lesbian.
Old 05-27-17, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
Hopefully the 28 year old comes out as transgender and ends up being a lesbian.

Just being trans would be perfect. I'm going to offer him a hundred bucks to tell his mom he is.
Old 05-27-17, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Isn't this thread a rerun? It sounds familiar.
Old 05-27-17, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ That's what I thought.
Old 05-27-17, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does potentially seem to be a more to the story update to the other thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-po...e-bitches.html

Which leads me to posting this again as a warning to Vibiana and her family because their souls are in MORTAL DANGER!

Vibiana

*sigh*

I can’t believe you are forcing me once again to correct one of your errors.

This is an old argument. If homosexuals are born that way, then there is no way for them to change. It would be like asking someone born left-handed to try to use their right hand in writing. It is just the way a person is born. He can’t help it.

The gay militants are trying to persuade society that homosexuals are born that way, and so to expect change is unreasonable, and quite impossible. So they have searched and searched to try to find a gay gene, but to no avail. I can assure them that they will never find one, because if there was one, then homosexuality would be decreasing, because homosexuals would not procreate as often as heterosexuals, and thus, would not be passing down the gene.

However, it seems that homosexuality is on the rise, not declining. Of course, since society has not been keeping tabs on the percentage of homosexuals until recently, we have no way of knowing for sure. I think there is evidence that it is increasing due to the fact that there is a growing group of people calling for gay rights. Society usually responds only when a group is growing, not declining; so for gay rights to be emerging in many nations it is likely that the numbers of homosexuals is also growing. This of course does not bode well for those claiming that homosexuality is something one is born with, if so, why the apparent increase? All the evidence I have seen shows that homosexuality is actually an emotional, psychological disorder brought on early in childhood. I do not believe people chose those feelings, because who in their right mind would choose it, and thus be scorned by society. I do not believe homosexuals initially choose their orientation, anymore than a heterosexual chooses it.

An exception to this is people who practice homosexuality out of convenience. These would include prisoners, students in “women only” and “men only” schools, and men who find far more men willing to have sex than women. A member confided in me and told me how he has engaged in several homosexual encounters, yet, he prefers women. So I asked him why he does it. He simply said, “It’s easier to find men willing to do it than women.” He went onto explain that there are many men who are heterosexual that frequents gay places, because they know they will get sex. So I am very much aware of those who practice homosexuality out of choice, but I am writing to those who “feel” the desire to be with people of the same gender. If it was their choice, they would choose normal heterosexual feelings.

I’m totally heterosexual, and I have been one since I could remember. By early adolescence girls were always attractive to me, and to think of guys in a sexual way seems quite disgusting to me. However, I never chose those feelings. They were simply a typical psychological response to a normal childhood.

Yet, not everyone has had a normal, healthy childhood. When dramatic events happen to children, it can affect their psyches. Who will admit that certain vivid experiences have affected them to this day?

I’ll tell you Vibiana, I remember going trick-or-treating at Halloween one night. My sister and best friend went to a house that had the back porch light on, so we assumed that the back door was open for trick-or-treaters. I will never forget this moment, but when we opened the gate to knock on the door; these ferocious dogs came out of nowhere and began barking. Quickly we leaped over the fence to avoid them, but my best friend did not make it. One of the dogs took a huge chuck out his calf. He started screaming as we ran toward the street. There I saw blood gushing from this leg. He had to have over a hundred stitches.

This event haunted me for years. I struggled with the fear of dogs for quite some time. Eventually I won the battle, but even to this day, there is a tinge of apprehension when I hear a big, dog bark. I bring this story up to show how extraordinary events can scar us psychologically, and I’m sure you are thinking of some areas in your life that to this day still affects you. This is true concerning homosexuality.

So Vibiana, Hopefully I’m misunderstanding you and you are not really wishing an eternity of hell fire for yourself and your family. I’ll pray that the you all will find a way to allow Jesus into your hearts. I’ll also pray that you will find a man to submit to and guide your life in a way that glorifies God.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13

Last edited by hdnmickey; 05-27-17 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-27-17, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Page one represent! I predict this will go on for 180 pages. From the same five people. Walls of text shall be built. The same ten points will be made.

But by all means, let's go. Solve gay. Let's make it happen!!!
Old 05-27-17, 06:37 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Page one represent! I predict this will go on for 180 pages. From the same five people. Walls of text shall be built. The same ten points will be made.

But by all means, let's go. Solve gay. Let's make it happen!!!
No. Fucking. Shit.

Vibs, I'm with you. You know that. This is my last post in this thread.
Old 05-27-17, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll come back in when one of the usual troglodytes brings up the Baker Argument. Until then, 21st Century America can go poop in a melon, and baba booey to you all.
Old 05-27-17, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Isn't this thread a rerun? It sounds familiar.
Originally Posted by The Valeyard View Post
^ That's what I thought.
The gay midichlorians are strong in Vibiana's family.
Old 05-27-17, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The tale sounded distinctly familiar. I thought perhaps there was some senility involved.

Anyway, I am vicariously in with your schadenfreude.
Old 05-27-17, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm reporting this thread to Mike Pence.
Old 05-28-17, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
The gay midichlorians are strong in Vibiana's family.
"The Gay runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And...my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Vib."

I'd totally watch.
Old 05-29-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by uberjoe View Post
"The Gay runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And...my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Vib."

I'd totally watch.