Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-17, 12:14 PM   #26
DVD Talk Hero
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 49,839
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Bob, like many at Fox News...are assholes.

Maybe he'll be taking a dirt nap with Roger in the near future...
__________________
Blu-ray Titles: ~1,050 | HD DVD Titles: ~323

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 12:38 PM   #27
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 38,105
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post


First thing I thought of was "heart attack". And I could see the pressure and failure getting to him. A 77 year old heart can't always handle that stress. But the dude "fell" (like happens with old people) and couldn't heal properly.
His poor 57-year-old wife, who suddenly found herself having to spend much more time with her lecherous, philandering husband! How tragic for her that he "fell" and hit his head in their home.
__________________
These are my DVDs
360 GamerTag: William T Bunny
PSN ID: William_T_Bunny
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 02:39 PM   #28
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,765
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
His poor 57-year-old wife, who suddenly found herself having to spend much more time with her lecherous, philandering husband! How tragic for her that he "fell" and hit his head in their home.
I'd have thought you were talking about Hillary except that her husband isn't dead and she's not 57.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 02:53 PM   #29
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 25,518
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77



This literally made me laugh out loud
__________________
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 03:13 PM   #30
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 38,105
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
I'd have thought you were talking about Hillary except that her husband isn't dead and she's not 57.
Who had "Post #28" in the "bring in a reference to the Clintons or Obama to deflect from the sleaziness of the conservative being talked about" pool?
__________________
These are my DVDs
360 GamerTag: William T Bunny
PSN ID: William_T_Bunny
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 03:17 PM   #31
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,683
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Beckle will probably move on to MSNBC or CNN but the media won't crucify him or try to dig up any further dirt because he was one of prominent liberal voices on Fox.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 03:17 PM   #32
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sean O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vichy America
Posts: 13,402
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

__________________
"If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!"
-Donald Trump

Blog | Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 03:43 PM   #33
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 27,444
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Stealing this from a random Tweet.
You shoudn't steal, plus Mark Twain never said that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 04:32 PM   #34
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 34,333
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Yeah, I know a lot of family members, mostly older, pre-Fox News and post-Fox News - they were definitely brainwashed into the fear Fox pumped into them - absolutely no question about it.

Without Fox News, we wouldn't have had Trump, as Trump is just another of their victims - a little racist, turned full-bore racist after more than a decade of watching Fox News.

I'll come out and say that Fox News has hurt our nation incredibly and has been the overriding force in our current division.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 04:33 PM   #35
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 38,210
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I'll come out and say that Fox News has hurt our nation incredibly and has been the overriding force in our current division.
All this time I thought it was Obama.
__________________
The triumph of evil requires a lot of good people, doing a bit of it [evil], in a morally disengaged way, with indifference to the human suffering they cause.

- Albert Bandura
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 06:27 PM   #36
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,765
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Who had "Post #28" in the "bring in a reference to the Clintons or Obama to deflect from the sleaziness of the conservative being talked about" pool?
I couldn't care less about deflecting from Roger Ailes who was obviously a sleazeball.

If you'd like, you can surely show me where I've ever defended Ailes or O'Reilly (this one I've attacked many times over the years and for much other than just his sexual harassing).

But you know there's no double standard.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French

Last edited by movielib; 05-19-17 at 06:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 06:35 PM   #37
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 19,442
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Beckle will probably move on to MSNBC or CNN but the media won't crucify him or try to dig up any further dirt because he was one of prominent liberal voices on Fox.
I think he was the only liberal voice after Alan Colmes. Red Eye used to have some level-headedness here and there. Ideas I could agree with at times.

Other than that, I would turn on Fox News. And all I'd do is object to every single thing they say. It was so easy to sit there and watch The O'Reilly Factory and go, "wrong - wrong - wrong" ... "wrong - wrong - wrong". And that's why I'd click off. I don't have to agree with everything you say. But convince me that you're not wrong. Fox News never achieved that.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 06:37 PM   #38
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 19,442
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
You shoudn't steal, plus Mark Twain never said that.
Oh good. Then I claim that. That quote is mine. I'm taking it.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 12:40 AM   #39
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 38,105
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
I couldn't care less about deflecting from Roger Ailes who was obviously a sleazeball.

If you'd like, you can surely show me where I've ever defended Ailes or O'Reilly (this one I've attacked many times over the years and for much other than just his sexual harassing).

But you know there's no double standard.
No, we get it -- there's only one standard: "How can I segue from any topic into how much I hate the Clintons and/or Obama."
__________________
These are my DVDs
360 GamerTag: William T Bunny
PSN ID: William_T_Bunny
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 12:54 AM   #40
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,765
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
No, we get it -- there's only one standard: "How can I segue from any topic into how much I hate the Clintons and/or Obama."
No, but when there's a lead-in like yours it's impossible to miss the parallel.

If there's a deflection it's you pretending there is no parallel.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 01:09 AM   #41
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 38,105
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
No, but when there's a lead-in like yours it's impossible to miss the parallel.

If there's a deflection it's you pretending there is no parallel.
OK, sure. But lots of people are philandering sleazebags. Wiener, O'Reilly, Gingrich, Giulliani, David Vitter, Gary Hart, John Edwards. And yes, Bill Clinton.
I just think it's telling that you saw me make a joke about Roger Ailes and your reaction was "Ooh! I need to get in a dig at Bill Clinton too!"
__________________
These are my DVDs
360 GamerTag: William T Bunny
PSN ID: William_T_Bunny
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 01:22 AM   #42
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,765
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
OK, sure. But lots of people are philandering sleazebags. Wiener, O'Reilly, Gingrich, Giulliani, David Vitter, Gary Hart, John Edwards. And yes, Bill Clinton.
I just think it's telling that you saw me make a joke about Roger Ailes and your reaction was "Ooh! I need to get in a dig at Bill Clinton too!"
It didn't seem like a joke to me but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

So then I made a joke back and I'll admit the setup was irresistible (I did try to resist; I didn't answer for almost six hours and I saw it just after you posted it). I really couldn't care less that you find it "telling."

Normally I don't want to get into Clinton stuff with you because nobody on the Forum has drunk the Hillary Kool-Aid more than you. And if you want to call that a deflection, go right ahead.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 11:03 AM   #43
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 38,105
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
It didn't seem like a joke to me but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
You really thought I was accusing Elizabeth Ailes of murdering her husband?
__________________
These are my DVDs
360 GamerTag: William T Bunny
PSN ID: William_T_Bunny
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 11:11 AM   #44
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,765
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You really thought I was accusing Elizabeth Ailes of murdering her husband?
I really wasn't reading it that way although now that you say it, it should have been obvious to me.

I'll use my standard excuse now. I'm 70 years old.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 02:46 PM   #45
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 6,432
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 03:44 PM   #46
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 34,333
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

I'd change the location of that cartoon to somewhere lower and hotter.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 03:49 PM   #47
Psi
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,375
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You really thought I was accusing Elizabeth Ailes of murdering her husband?
I'll send her a thank-you note.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 04:07 PM   #48
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 6,432
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I'd change the location of that cartoon to somewhere lower and hotter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 07:46 PM   #49
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 19,442
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
But you know there's no double standard.
I think the standard changes, as Democrats/liberals tend to be more open towards sex. Stories I've heard about Bill Clinton makes it sound like him and Hillary had a somewhat open relationship. There's a difference in accepting Bill Clinton getting it on with his secretary, and an anti-gay congressman caught touching boys in a hotel room. Or O'Reilly and Ailes being Republican Focus-on-the-Family types ... and also sexual predators.

Anthony Weiner still fucked up really bad. As sexually casual and open as you can be, you're really defying societal norms if you're going to sexting someone you know is underage.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 08:04 PM   #50
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 38,105
Re: Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
I really wasn't reading it that way although now that you say it, it should have been obvious to me.

I'll use my standard excuse now. I'm 70 years old.
No worries!
__________________
These are my DVDs
360 GamerTag: William T Bunny
PSN ID: William_T_Bunny
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0