Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

View Poll Results: Will Trump be imeached or leave office before his first term ends?
Yes he is in caught a web of scandals that he won't be able to untangle 29 56.86%
No, he's the Tangerine Tornado. No one can touch him 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-17, 12:42 PM   #1
DVD Talk Legend

Poll: Will Trump be impeached or leave office before his first term ends?

Just to get everyone on record before the shit comes down. I vote yes.
Old 05-17-17, 12:50 PM   #2
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Poll: Will Trump be impeached or leave office before his first term ends?

I vote no. Stepping down would essentially ruin his name brand and that's pretty much what his business is.
Old 05-17-17, 12:51 PM   #3
DVD Talk Hero

No way he's getting kicked out. He'll probably win reelection. His base doesn't care about any of these scandals (just like they didn't care about all of his scandals throughout the campaign) and it'll take the Repubs actually turning on him to get him out of office (instead of just paying lip service) and they will NEVER do that.

And he'll never quit.

Settle in folks, it's all Trump all the time from here on out.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 05-17-17, 01:00 PM   #4
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Assuming every Democrat would vote for it, it would take about 23-25 Republicans in the House (depending on how special elections will fill the vacancies) to impeach and 19 in the Senate to convict. That may be unlikely but the way things are going I don't think it's impossible. There may be that many who are afraid Trump will ruin their party for a generation.

It will probably take fewer in the House but more in the Senate after the 2018 election.
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
Old 05-17-17, 01:03 PM   #5
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
Assuming every Democrat would vote for it, it would take about 23-25 Republicans in the House (depending on how special elections will fill the vacancies) to impeach and 19 in the Senate to convict. That may be unlikely but the way things are going I don't think it's impossible. There may be that many who are afraid Trump will ruin their party for a generation.
That is 100 percent unlikely. I don't think there are enough Repubs who actually think Trump is doing bad things. They wish they could talk and act like he does.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 05-17-17, 01:04 PM   #6
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Out of office by mid July...one way or another
Old 05-17-17, 01:09 PM   #7
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
No way he's getting kicked out. He'll probably win reelection. His base doesn't care about any of these scandals (just like they didn't care about all of his scandals throughout the campaign) and it'll take the Repubs actually turning on him to get him out of office (instead of just paying lip service) and they will NEVER do that.

And he'll never quit.

Settle in folks, it's all Trump all the time from here on out.
You don't think there's a scenario where he is so damaged that he starts to drag down Republicans and they lose the House in 2018? I just think with all the unpredictability and volatility of this disaster of a president, people will eventually say enough and pull the plug on this guy.
Old 05-17-17, 01:10 PM   #8
DVD Talk Legend

No idea. Isn't this fun? We're all having fun! Weeeeeeeeee!
Old 05-17-17, 01:11 PM   #9
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
That is 100 percent unlikely. I don't think there are enough Repubs who actually think Trump is doing bad things. They wish they could talk and act like he does.
100 percent unlikely? Is that like totally sort of?
Old 05-17-17, 01:11 PM   #10
DVD Talk Legend

No. The Republicans won't impeach him for the appearance of impropriety. So far Trump has fired the man investigating Russian ties, and blabbed top secrets to the Russians. Both are legal activities.

Trump would have to commit a flagrant, undeniable crime. His handlers will improve at their jobs and prevent that from happening.
Old 05-17-17, 01:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
No. The Republicans won't impeach him for the appearance of impropriety. So far Trump has fired the man investigating Russian ties, and blabbed top secrets to the Russians. Both are legal activities.

Trump would have to commit a flagrant, undeniable crime. His handlers will improve at their jobs and prevent that from happening.
I'm expecting Pence and Ryan to be removed from office first.

Makes it easier that way.
Old 05-17-17, 01:16 PM   #12
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
...I don't think there are enough Repubs who actually think Trump is doing bad things. They wish they could talk and act like he does.
While I do agree with this, once something drastic happens like our allies turning against us, it might wake these fools up and a Brutus & Cassius will emerge.

- Albert Bandura
Old 05-17-17, 01:18 PM   #13
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I vote for impeached, but will remain in office until the end of this term. He will not run again, and if he did, would not be reelected.
Old 05-17-17, 01:21 PM   #14
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cungar View Post
100 percent unlikely? Is that like totally sort of?
You said may be unlikely and I was just trying to say totally unlikely.

That said, I would love to be wrong. But Trump gave us all of these warning signs during his campaign and he won, so at this point, I don't believe anything logical with regards to him.

Quote:
You don't think there's a scenario where he is so damaged that he starts to drag down Republicans and they lose the House in 2018? I just think with all the unpredictability and volatility of this disaster of a president, people will eventually say enough and pull the plug on this guy.
I honestly don't. Come the middterms, everyone who thinks the liberal media is tearing down their favorite pussygrabber with all of this fake news will hit the polls and bring their friends.

Bottom line is that he never should have won the election - since he did, all bets are off.
Old 05-17-17, 01:25 PM   #15
DVD Talk Hero

I think it's more likely Trump will fall dead of a heart-attack than be impeached or resign.

Even 2018, if every seat likely to turn goes D, that's still not enough Ds in the house to force an impeachment. We're stuck with this idiot until 2020. We've had far better presidents that didn't get re-elected, so I doubt he'll get re-elected either, unless the Dems are dumb enough to run another un-electable candidate again for 2020.
Old 05-17-17, 01:26 PM   #16

Quote:
I honestly don't. Come the middterms, everyone who thinks the liberal media is tearing down their favorite pussygrabber with all of this fake news will hit the polls and bring their friends.
Slow attrition of arrests over this period of time will drive it into their thick skulls.
Old 05-17-17, 01:29 PM   #17
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I think it's more likely Trump will fall dead of a heart-attack than be impeached or resign.

Even 2018, if every seat likely to turn goes D, that's still not enough Ds in the house to force an impeachment. We're stuck with this idiot until 2020. We've had far better presidents that didn't get re-elected, so I doubt he'll get re-elected either, unless the Dems are dumb enough to run another un-electable candidate again for 2020.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone as bogged down in (mostly fake) scandals and hated as Hillary
Old 05-17-17, 01:36 PM   #18
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Slow attrition of arrests over this period of time will drive it into their thick skulls.
I doubt it. They'll see them as patriots, trying to tear down a corrupt system and being unfairly persecuted because of it.
Old 05-17-17, 01:39 PM   #19
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
You don't think there's a scenario where he is so damaged that he starts to drag down Republicans and they lose the House in 2018?
No.

Republicans have shown that they do not care about morality, national security, the economy, or our nation's laws. Trump can perform a forced abortion on national television still get re-elected.
Old 05-17-17, 01:44 PM   #20

Quote:
I doubt it. They'll see them as patriots, trying to tear down a corrupt system and being unfairly persecuted because of it.
Wait to see the full scope of Trumps treachery exposed.

At BEST, the R's in congress were content to go along to get along.

At worst...a numbing, slow drip procession of arrests.
Old 05-17-17, 01:45 PM   #21
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterite View Post
No.

Republicans have shown that they do not care about morality, national security, the economy, or our nation's laws. Trump can perform a forced abortion on national television still get re-elected.
Old 05-17-17, 01:45 PM   #22
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am hoping he won't be impeached, (America deserves him as president), but if he continues on this trend, I can see it happening within the next 4 years. The only way that will happen is if if the Republicans start thinking that he is affecting their chances of re-election by continuing to support him.
Old 05-17-17, 01:46 PM   #23
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm expecting a stroke will turn him into a drooling idiot any day now.
Old 05-17-17, 01:49 PM   #24
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyryno View Post
I'm expecting a stroke will turn him into a drooling idiot any day now.
As opposed to the drooling idiot he already is?
Old 05-17-17, 01:49 PM   #25

You guys are proceeding on the belief that this will remain just about Trump. It won't.

Here's a clue- a lot of people are suddenly going to be grateful for Citizen's United (though it may be abolished after it has served it's purpose)