Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

At Least 4 Victims Reported After Elementary School Shooting in San Bernardino

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 04-10-17, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://ktla.com/2017/04/10/multiple-...officials-say/
Old 04-10-17, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: At Least 4 Victims Reported After Elementary School Shooting in San Bernardino

Two adults dead, suspected murder-suicide.
Old 04-10-17, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: At Least 4 Victims Reported After Elementary School Shooting in San Bernardino

I wonder if Trump will blame Obama or maybe he wont make any comment at all.
Old 04-10-17, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sad...very sad. It will come back to some domestic situation is my guess. You want to take yourself out...fine...but to take other people, including children... ugh.
Old 04-10-17, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I's so sick of these assholes who don't even think about traumatizing hundreds of little kids, who for years are going to have nightmares and be afraid to come to school. So many selfish jerkoffs out there who think their misery has to be shared with the public so they can have some headlines after they off them self.
Old 04-10-17, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One kid died
Old 04-10-17, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

One kid dead.. the other in stable condition.

Apparently the husband came into the room (after telling the front office he was there to give something to his wife that she'd forgotten) and started shooting right away. Hitting her and 2 kids that were behind her. He reloaded at least once with a .357 and then killing himself.

I've a feeling they are going to change their policy allowing a spouse entry to the school all because of this jerkwad.

Apparently the shooter had a criminal history including weapons charges and assault. They were separated after only being married a short time (few months).
Old 04-10-17, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fuck...I can't even imagine what the children's families are going through.
Old 04-10-17, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder whether he chose the school because he knew she'd be there and he could get access, or because he was a dickwad and wanted to go out big.
Old 04-10-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, this just sucks. Just read that one of the kids died. Can't even begin to imagine what the parents are going through. Damn ...
Old 04-10-17, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I's so sick of these assholes who don't even think about traumatizing hundreds of little kids, who for years are going to have nightmares and be afraid to come to school. So many selfish jerkoffs out there who think their misery has to be shared with the public so they can have some headlines after they off them self.
People like this only typically think about themselves and that's why they do this crap. I'm mad at this person so because I'm mad I'm going to take their life. They don't think much past that usually unless they've some sort of axe to grind against society in general and they don't care who they hurt in the process.

Apparently this was a mixed class of 4th and 5th grade "special needs" students. Hopefully that means they already have an established support system in place that can help them get over this.
Old 04-10-17, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I started school in 1970. When I think about my nice suburban elementary school, with the doors left wide open all day long because there were signs on each one instructing people to check in at the office before going anyplace else in the school, I feel so sad for kids today who will never relate to how safe I felt back then. (At least, from outside threats. I was a bullied kid, but it was by other kids, not adults. sheesh)
Old 04-10-17, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yay, more guns!

Old 04-10-17, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If this wasn't bad enough, it was a special needs class.

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Yay, more guns!

But if only the teacher and all the students were armed, they might have prevented this!1!!