Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 03-09-17, 08:34 PM   #1
DVD Talk Legend

Revenge is mine, bitches

Thirty years ago, one of my brothers married a Bible-thumping, closed-minded, priggish woman whom I couldn't stand, and it was mutual--she didn't want a pro-choice lesbian feminist in her family anymore than I wanted an evangelical Christian Republican voter in mine. Anyway, she spent the next fifteen years teaching her three kids that their aunt had horns, and my brother and she were divorced in 2002. The kids lived with him for the most part, because their mother married a convicted pedophile whom she claims Jesus has healed. Even had a daughter with him. Eeeeeeeeeeewwww ... and she thinks it's gross that *I* have had sex.

Anyhoo, my youngest nephew turned 18 a few weeks ago and will be graduating from high school in May. Yesterday, he informed his mother, during a visit to her home, that he's ... uh, gay. My brother and I had a conversation about this tonight and I told him to tell his son that if he doesn't want to stay in deepest darkest bumfuck Michigan, he can come down here to Kansas City and live with Aunt Harbor-The-Dick-Smoker to get himself started with either school or work.

I really really wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

So just a word to the wise, those who are worried about "agendas" ... be careful who, in your own little circle, might, in fact, be filling out a page in their pocket calendar this very moment.
Old 03-09-17, 08:43 PM   #2
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Revenge is mine, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Anyhoo, my youngest nephew turned 18 a few weeks ago and will be graduating from high school in May. Yesterday, he informed his mother, during a visit to her home, that he's ... uh, gay.
He just purchased a one way ticket to hell.

- Albert Bandura
Old 03-09-17, 08:49 PM   #3
DVD Talk Legend

I'll save him a seat there.
Old 03-09-17, 08:51 PM   #4
Banned

Very nice!!!

The agenda is working!!!
Old 03-09-17, 08:54 PM   #5
DVD Talk Legend

That is how life works isn't it amazing?

I like how some religious people think they can walk on water but eventually end up drowning.
Old 03-09-17, 09:13 PM   #6
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Your sister-in-law be like:

Old 03-09-17, 09:25 PM   #7
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice Vibs! Have you considered having the PrEP conversation with him?
Old 03-09-17, 09:31 PM   #8
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe you people celebrating this deviant lifestyle choice (biological my ass), when it's been proven that homosexuality is a gateway to incest, pedophilia, and bestiality.

- Albert Bandura
Old 03-09-17, 09:36 PM   #9
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where's the forum troll to pitch in on this?
ďAs democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.Ē
― H.L. Mencken
Old 03-09-17, 09:55 PM   #10
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
...and I told him to tell his son that if he doesn't want to stay in deepest darkest bumfuck Michigan...
But it sounds like that's exactly where he'd want to be now.
"Another day, another dolour." -Me
Old 03-09-17, 10:32 PM   #11
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
it's been proven that homosexuality is a gateway to incest, pedophilia, and bestiality.
She went from marrying the brother of a ghey to banging a pedo! What more evidence do you people need?
Old 03-09-17, 11:02 PM   #12
DVD Talk Legend

Seriously. She's a homophobe who married a pedophile. That kid's wiring is probably so fucked up I'm not even sure I'd take his word for it that he's gay. I imagine he has a lot of issues caused by growing up in a household like that. Vibs may have won, but that young man, gay or straight, has almost certainly lost. But I wish him well. I recommend lots of therapy.
Old 03-09-17, 11:10 PM   #13
Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
Seriously. She's a homophobe who married a pedophile. That kid's wiring is probably so fucked up I'm not even sure I'd take his word for it that he's gay. I imagine he has a lot of issues caused by growing up in a household like that. Vibs may have won, but that young man, gay or straight, has almost certainly lost. But I wish him well. I recommend lots of therapy.
When someone has a tough childhood and they're heterosexual, would you even think of saying "That kid's wiring is probably so fucked up I'm not even sure I'd take his word for it that he's straight"?
Old 03-10-17, 07:14 AM   #14
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
He's 18. His parents divorced 15 years ago. He lives with his father. It sounds like his father did a pretty good job preventing her from having a negative influence on him.

As for his mom screwing him up simply by being a homophobe, remember that homosexual activity was a crime in Michigan at the time of their divorce. Two years after the divorce, Michigan amended their constitution to prevent same-sex marriage. His mom was normal.
Old 03-10-17, 07:59 AM   #15
Admin-Self Banned

Yeah, it's just too bad someone let this kid "pick" gay.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 03-10-17, 08:15 AM   #16
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
When someone has a tough childhood and they're heterosexual, would you even think of saying "That kid's wiring is probably so fucked up I'm not even sure I'd take his word for it that he's straight"?
No, because it's normal to be straight. I only question abnormal people. You know, people who are different than me.
Old 03-10-17, 09:53 AM   #17
DVD Talk Legend

Vibiana

*sigh*

I can’t believe you are forcing me once again to correct one of your errors.

This is an old argument. If homosexuals are born that way, then there is no way for them to change. It would be like asking someone born left-handed to try to use their right hand in writing. It is just the way a person is born. He can’t help it.

The gay militants are trying to persuade society that homosexuals are born that way, and so to expect change is unreasonable, and quite impossible. So they have searched and searched to try to find a gay gene, but to no avail. I can assure them that they will never find one, because if there was one, then homosexuality would be decreasing, because homosexuals would not procreate as often as heterosexuals, and thus, would not be passing down the gene.

However, it seems that homosexuality is on the rise, not declining. Of course, since society has not been keeping tabs on the percentage of homosexuals until recently, we have no way of knowing for sure. I think there is evidence that it is increasing due to the fact that there is a growing group of people calling for gay rights. Society usually responds only when a group is growing, not declining; so for gay rights to be emerging in many nations it is likely that the numbers of homosexuals is also growing. This of course does not bode well for those claiming that homosexuality is something one is born with, if so, why the apparent increase? All the evidence I have seen shows that homosexuality is actually an emotional, psychological disorder brought on early in childhood. I do not believe people chose those feelings, because who in their right mind would choose it, and thus be scorned by society. I do not believe homosexuals initially choose their orientation, anymore than a heterosexual chooses it.

An exception to this is people who practice homosexuality out of convenience. These would include prisoners, students in “women only” and “men only” schools, and men who find far more men willing to have sex than women. A member confided in me and told me how he has engaged in several homosexual encounters, yet, he prefers women. So I asked him why he does it. He simply said, “It’s easier to find men willing to do it than women.” He went onto explain that there are many men who are heterosexual that frequents gay places, because they know they will get sex. So I am very much aware of those who practice homosexuality out of choice, but I am writing to those who “feel” the desire to be with people of the same gender. If it was their choice, they would choose normal heterosexual feelings.

I’m totally heterosexual, and I have been one since I could remember. By early adolescence girls were always attractive to me, and to think of guys in a sexual way seems quite disgusting to me. However, I never chose those feelings. They were simply a typical psychological response to a normal childhood.

Yet, not everyone has had a normal, healthy childhood. When dramatic events happen to children, it can affect their psyches. Who will admit that certain vivid experiences have affected them to this day?

I’ll tell you Vibiana, I remember going trick-or-treating at Halloween one night. My sister and best friend went to a house that had the back porch light on, so we assumed that the back door was open for trick-or-treaters. I will never forget this moment, but when we opened the gate to knock on the door; these ferocious dogs came out of nowhere and began barking. Quickly we leaped over the fence to avoid them, but my best friend did not make it. One of the dogs took a huge chuck out his calf. He started screaming as we ran toward the street. There I saw blood gushing from this leg. He had to have over a hundred stitches.

This event haunted me for years. I struggled with the fear of dogs for quite some time. Eventually I won the battle, but even to this day, there is a tinge of apprehension when I hear a big, dog bark. I bring this story up to show how extraordinary events can scar us psychologically, and I’m sure you are thinking of some areas in your life that to this day still affects you. This is true concerning homosexuality.

So Vibiana, Hopefully I’m misunderstanding you and you are not really wishing an eternity of hell fire for yourself and your nephew. I’ll pray that the two of you will find a way to allow Jesus into your hearts. I’ll also pray that you will find a man to submit to and guide your life in a way that glorifies God.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13

Last edited by hdnmickey; 03-10-17 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 10:06 AM   #18
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last edited by joeblow69; 03-10-17 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 10:11 AM   #19
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That was fantastic.
Old 03-10-17, 10:14 AM   #20
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

pitch perfect
Old 03-10-17, 10:20 AM   #21
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Iíll tell you Vibiana, I remember going trick-or-treating at Halloween one night.
I also have a sort of Halloween story that changed my life :

All of us have the capacity to be heavily influenced by a variety of things, and humans aren't the only source of temptation. The moment which really convinced me to abandon horror was when I tried on my Michael Myers costume one summer, and everything changed inside me. The walk, movements, breathing, emotions, mentality...all of it. Despicable thoughts flooded through my mind and heart, and I knew that wasn't who I was created to be. Looking back, I see that experience as a warning from God, of how close I got to the spiritual cliff.

- Albert Bandura
Old 03-10-17, 10:27 AM   #22
DVD Talk Legend

I love you guys.......
Old 03-10-17, 10:27 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Vibiana

*sigh*
You had won already at this point. Then it got better!

Quote:
The walk, movements, breathing, emotions, mentality...all of it.
I was in tears when he posted that.
Old 03-10-17, 10:29 AM   #24
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
I also have a sort of Halloween story that changed my life :

All of us have the capacity to be heavily influenced by a variety of things, and humans aren't the only source of temptation. The moment which really convinced me to abandon horror was when I tried on my Michael Myers costume one summer, and everything changed inside me. The walk, movements, breathing, emotions, mentality...all of it. Despicable thoughts flooded through my mind and heart, and I knew that wasn't who I was created to be. Looking back, I see that experience as a warning from God, of how close I got to the spiritual cliff.
Old 03-10-17, 10:35 AM   #25
DVD Talk Legend