Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Riots erupt in Stockholm neighborhood

Old 02-21-17, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Riots erupt in Stockholm neighborhood

Riots broke out in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood of Stockholm Monday night, as residents clashed with police officers and set vehicles on fire

The Washington Post Headline:
Riots erupt in Sweden’s capital just days after Trump comments

Just two days after President Trump provoked widespread consternation by seeming to imply, incorrectly, that immigrants had perpetrated a recent spate of violence in Sweden, riots broke out in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood in the northern suburbs of the country's capital, Stockholm.

A question to DVD Talk / Religion, Politics and World Events:
Was Donald Trump the cause for this riot?
Old 02-21-17, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Riots erupt in Stockholm neighborhood

I think it was the alt-right pretending to be immigrants.
Old 02-22-17, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

How could he be the cause?

All trump jokes aside, Europe does have violence in their immigrant communities.
Old 02-22-17, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

He wasn't the cause, but he has proven that he's clairvoyant.
Old 02-22-17, 08:43 AM
Banned

As my dear old dad used to say about the refs every time his favorite teams lost...

"They were bought off."
Old 02-22-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u View Post
I think it was the alt-right pretending to be immigrants.
Nope. Sulfuric Soros/Clinton pretending to be the alt-right pretending to be immigrants.
Old 02-22-17, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
All trump jokes aside, Europe does have violence in their immigrant communities.
Is there data that talks about where immigrants are placed, and comparisons to US citizens of equal socioeconomic status? I've heard that claim before. But what's the disparity between an immigrant and a typical low-income US citizen?

So you are an immigrant or refugee, come to America, spend a few months on welfare and dealing with social workers, find a minimum wage-ish job - and are placed in typical 'Section 8' type apartment housing (and the neighborhood that comes with it).

It's a tough job to pull anyone out of those conditions. And, in a real world setting, people don't necessarily hate living like that.
Old 02-22-17, 09:23 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Nope. Sulfuric Soros/Clinton pretending to be the alt-right pretending to be immigrants.
One of my favourite conspiracy theories is that Soros and/or Clinton are actively paying for protesters to show up at townhalls, or paying for 'false-flag' operations, or even paying for people to show up on Reddit, 4chan, or other sites (hell, even DVDTalk!) to push their agenda.

BTW, unrelated, did any of y'all get your SorosBux deposit last week? My account is running a little low.

/sarcasm, obviously
Old 02-22-17, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
BTW, unrelated, did any of y'all get your SorosBux deposit last week? My account is running a little low.
I got mine, Dan, so be glad to share.

(Especially since I hacked into your account when I signed up with SorosBux, which is why you're running low on funds.)

My ClintonCash funds are running late...evidently some problem with revenue stream and speech cancellations, but they've promised that will be fixed pronto!

Last edited by creekdipper; 02-22-17 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-22-17, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One of my favourite conspiracy theories is that Soros and/or Clinton are actively paying for protesters to show up at townhalls, or paying for 'false-flag' operations, or even paying for people to show up on Reddit, 4chan, or other sites (hell, even DVDTalk!) to push their agenda.

/sarcasm, obviously
*compulsively scratches neck*

How do we know you're real? Is this part of the infiltration?
Old 02-22-17, 09:55 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
*compulsively scratches neck*

How do we know you're real? Is this part of the infiltration?
double-checks the deposit just received from Creekdipper

yeah. yup. whatever you said. I'm with you. Go team!
Old 02-22-17, 10:03 AM
Banned

double-checks the deposit just received from Creekdipper
It was only right (moralistic talk, I know ) that I return the funds taken from you. In fact, I returned seventy times as much (except for the 98% SorosBux deducted for "administrative fees").

Hope all is forgiven. Now put that money to good use & go make them protest signs!!!

Last edited by creekdipper; 02-22-17 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-23-17, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dagens Nyheter called what happened a “rowdy evening,” which took four hours for police to get in control. It all started when someone was being arrested for drugs and it spiraled into violence.

(Google Translate from Swedish to English)
Old 02-23-17, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, exactly, nothing to fucking see here. Now run along and consult with Polizei and come back to the Alternative Facts thread. Y'all have been pretty dormant there for a long while now.

Old 02-23-17, 04:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Yeah, exactly, nothing to fucking see here. Now run along and consult with Polizei and come back to the Alternative Facts thread. <b>Y'all</b> have been pretty dormant there for a long while now.
Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Old 02-23-17, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

/sarcasm, obviously
Well Clinton can afford this since she is making a killing out of the underage sex slave satanisc cult worship pizza biz
Old 02-23-17, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys are dangerously naive if you dont believe both political parties and most major corporations are spending a shitload of money to influence social media.
Old 02-23-17, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Yeah, exactly, nothing to fucking see here. Now run along and consult with Polizei and come back to the Alternative Facts thread. Y'all have been pretty dormant there for a long while now.

Oh look your -ing me. but I have been there link

In fact it seems you haven't been posting there much during the "religion" run
I said this before - thanks for missing me

Sorry DVD Polizei hasn't come out to play.
Old 02-23-17, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u View Post
You guys are dangerously naive if you dont believe both political parties and most major corporations are spending a shitload of money to influence social media.
Yea. It's an alternative to accepting with how awful people are. Somebody out there is writing that shit.
Old 02-23-17, 09:13 AM
Political Exile

One of my favourite conspiracy theories is that Soros and/or Clinton are actively paying for protesters to show up at townhalls, or paying for 'false-flag' operations, or even paying for people to show up on Reddit, 4chan, or other sites (hell, even DVDTalk!) to push their agenda
Conspiracy theories?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...htmlstory.html

I don't believe that they are always paid, but I think that they are often organized by those Soros type organizations. They were responsible for organizing many of the Trump protests, busing protestors in, creating their signage, etc. Widely reported on sites like CNN, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if they are also keeping tabs of Republican town halls and organizing protests there too.
Old 02-23-17, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Conspiracy theories?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...htmlstory.html

I don't believe that they are always paid, but I think that they are often organized by those Soros type organizations. They were responsible for organizing many of the Trump protests, busing protestors in, creating their signage, etc. Widely reported on sites like CNN, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if they are also keeping tabs of Republican town halls and organizing protests there too.
The conspiracy theory is that they are paid...which your own article specifically says was not happening with Correct the Record. Not that they are organized.

With outlets like Facebook and Twitter, it's easier than ever to organize an event or "get the word out". There is nothing nefarious about that and it's how our democracy should work. The Repulican town halls are a great example - Republican representatives in a given area don't only represent Republicans. Why shouldn't members of other parties be in attendance and ask questions? They are affected by things like Obamacare too.
Old 02-23-17, 10:52 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
The conspiracy theory is that they are paid...which your own article specifically says was not happening with Correct the Record. Not that they are organized.
Exactly. I have no doubt that political parties have staffers or contractors doing their best to influence groups on social media to get out and participate. I fail to see how that's even a bad thing, really. But straight-up payments to huge numbers of people to show up at a march? That's absurdity. If there were any evidence of this, we'd have seen it by now. You can't 'pay off' hundreds of thousands of people to show up at an event and not have someone leak real evidence that it's going on.

With outlets like Facebook and Twitter, it's easier than ever to organize an event or "get the word out". There is nothing nefarious about that and it's how our democracy should work. The Repulican town halls are a great example - Republican representatives in a given area don't only represent Republicans. Why shouldn't members of other parties be in attendance and ask questions? They are affected by things like Obamacare too.
Agreed. People are getting involved more than ever it seems. Sometimes it's pointless 'slactivism' (like posting political memes on facebook), but tons of people are showing up at events... that's as real as it gets. To brush them off as paid shills with zero evidence of such is pretty despicable*

*ON BOTH SIDES. Without hard evidence, both sides make this shit up and it doesn't do any good.

Upon reflection, I think the latter part of this is wrong. I do think some of that is happening, although I don't really think folks like Soros or Clinton are paying for it or 'orchestrating' it by any means. More likely the "political action groups" are involved. But again... influencing social media and getting people to actually show up at something are two very different things.

Last edited by Dan; 02-23-17 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-23-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The whole "organized protest" argument is the most ridiculous thing the rightwing has come out with since ... well, Tuesday.

I guess the Boston Tea Party wasn't an organized protest?

The Montgomery Bus Boycott was a spontaneous eruption, and millions of black guys just decided to show up in DC one day in 1963?

Fox News didn't spend months touting Tea Party gatherings?

The idea of spontaneous, unorganized protests is a stupid Hollywood plot device, right up there with a political outsider going to Washington and cleaning house, and a guy barging into a massive wedding and convincing the bride not to get married. If protests didn't have organization, they'd be worthless.
Old 02-23-17, 11:36 AM
Banned

Next you're going to tell us that the barn-raising dance in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers wasn't spontaneous but was actually choreographed.

Old 02-23-17, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
Oh look your -ing me. but I have been there link

In fact it seems you haven't been posting there much during the "religion" run
I said this before - thanks for missing me

Sorry DVD Polizei hasn't come out to play.
Religion run? I remember folks starting to talk about it in the alternative facts thread before it was moved. Why would I talk about religion in a non-religion thread?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.