Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The LGBTQ In The News thread

Old 02-16-17, 09:30 PM
Political Exile

The LGBTQ In The News thread

I thought I would start a thread dedicated to LBGTQ in the news stories so there is no worries about go off topic.

First up, children transgenders.

National Geographic recently had a magazine dedicated, and I believe a tv special, on transgender children.

There is a reality show with a tg child named Jazz. An ABC sitcom was celebrated for employing a tg child actor.

And now, the boy scouts have succumb to the special interest groups and will allow girls who identify as boys in the boys scouts.

In regards to Nat Geo, I did not read the magazine because I will not contribute to the exploitation of children. To put a child on the cover of that "Gender Revolution" magazine and use him as a prop is rather disturbing.

Jazz popped up in another thread. At the age of five, his parents decided he was mature enough to make the decision he was no longer a boy. And his parents ran with it. Instead of giving Jazz the opportunity to outgrow any gender confusion, they went ahead and decided he would be a girl. And they exploit this on the Jazz tv show.

From the research I've read, 80% is the most common figure I've found of children who outgrow any confusion. Why are these kids not being allowed at least a chance to outgrow it? Why are parents taking a five year old and switching genders on them? Is it the parents who are putting ideas in their heads? Instead of dressing them up and putting them on magazine covers and tv shows, shouldn't they be getting some kind of professional help?

On what level do we take it serious when a five year old boy says, "i'm a girl?" Is it just a phase? Just a 5 year old playing and pretending? Well, yeah, probably. But if they 5 year old says, "I'm a girl" and the parents say yes to that, does it not only add to confusion? How did the parents of a FIVE YEAR old come to the conclusion that the boy truly believes he is a girl and it's in his best interest to turn him into a girl? How is this not a form of sexual abuse?

Boy scouts is supposed to teach morals and ethics to young boys and help guide them on their way to manhood...and they allow girls? Doesn't that confuse the boys as well and completely contradict their mission statement? Unfortunately, it looks like pressure from the agenda and threats of a lawsuit has caused the boy scouts to sell out their principles. Maybe they should drop the boy and girl scouts and just have children scouts? So it can be inclusive.

There will come a point where parents say enough is enough. Let's return to reality and acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and differences between male and female.
Old 02-16-17, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The LGBTQ In The News thread

Why don't YOU return to reality and let other people live their own lives and raise their own kids. I trust Jazz's parents to know what the fuck is going on a lot better than I trust you to.
Old 02-17-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

First off, this isn't off to a great start as an 'in the news' thread, seeing as how it doesn't actually include any news stories.

Originally Posted by Space Ape Mafia View Post
Jazz popped up in another thread. At the age of five, his parents decided he was mature enough to make the decision he was no longer a boy. And his parents ran with it. Instead of giving Jazz the opportunity to outgrow any gender confusion, they went ahead and decided he would be a girl. And they exploit this on the Jazz tv show.
How do you know Jazz isn't a girl by your own definition? That is, perhaps Jazz has female genitalia that resembled male genitalia at birth. Or abnormal genitalia that somewhat resembled both. Or maybe Jazz actually has both? Should the parents have to describe or show you pictures of their child's naked crotch to explain their decision to the point where Space Ape Mafia can once again be at ease with the world? At what point is none of this any of your business?

From the research I've read, 80% is the most common figure I've found of children who outgrow any confusion. Why are these kids not being allowed at least a chance to outgrow it? Why are parents taking a five year old and switching genders on them? Is it the parents who are putting ideas in their heads? Instead of dressing them up and putting them on magazine covers and tv shows, shouldn't they be getting some kind of professional help?
I'm no expert in this area at all, but can easily see how the 20% you reference would be harmed by parents forcing them to identify as the gender they're not. I cannot see how the 80% would be harmed by the parents saying, 'ok, we'll recognize you as a boy/girl for now, but if you get older and feel like that was a mistake, just let us know and we'll go back to the other.'

How is this not a form of sexual abuse?
This is the stupidest thing in your post. Even if you're completely against allowing, in your mind, a little boy to identify as a little girl or vice versa, doing so is in no way similar or related to sexual abuse. Drawing that equivalence makes you look both stupid and completely disrespectful of those who have actually been victims of such.

Boy scouts is supposed to teach morals and ethics to young boys and help guide them on their way to manhood...and they allow girls? Doesn't that confuse the boys as well and completely contradict their mission statement? Unfortunately, it looks like pressure from the agenda and threats of a lawsuit has caused the boy scouts to sell out their principles. Maybe they should drop the boy and girl scouts and just have children scouts? So it can be inclusive.
I can't see how it would be terribly confusing. 'Some boys are born with bodies that are the type that girls usually have.' Seems like a concept most kids old enough for scouts could grasp.

Let's return to reality and acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and differences between male and female.
What does that even mean? Without referencing reproductive organs, can you name one trait that is only found in males or females?
Old 02-17-17, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 02-17-17, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
First off, this isn't off to a great start as an 'in the news' thread, seeing as how it doesn't actually include any news stories.

How do you know Jazz isn't a girl by your own definition? That is, perhaps Jazz has female genitalia that resembled male genitalia at birth. Or abnormal genitalia that somewhat resembled both. Or maybe Jazz actually has both? Should the parents have to describe or show you pictures of their child's naked crotch to explain their decision to the point where Space Ape Mafia can once again be at ease with the world? At what point is none of this any of your business?

I'm no expert in this area at all, but can easily see how the 20% you reference would be harmed by parents forcing them to identify as the gender they're not. I cannot see how the 80% would be harmed by the parents saying, 'ok, we'll recognize you as a boy/girl for now, but if you get older and feel like that was a mistake, just let us know and we'll go back to the other.'

This is the stupidest thing in your post. Even if you're completely against allowing, in your mind, a little boy to identify as a little girl or vice versa, doing so is in no way similar or related to sexual abuse. Drawing that equivalence makes you look both stupid and completely disrespectful of those who have actually been victims of such.

I can't see how it would be terribly confusing. 'Some boys are born with bodies that are the type that girls usually have.' Seems like a concept most kids old enough for scouts could grasp.

What does that even mean? Without referencing reproductive organs, can you name one trait that is only found in males or females?
Tits?
Old 02-17-17, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Tits?
NSFW...maybe...it IS a dude.
Spoiler:

Old 02-17-17, 09:44 AM
Admin-Thanos

Old 02-17-17, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Tits?
Nope.
Old 02-17-17, 10:41 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
/thread
Old 02-17-17, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's some news for this thread. Yippee. I hope she's ruined.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washingt...-wedding-case/

Last Updated Feb 16, 2017 2:15 PM EST

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- The Washington Supreme Court ruled unanimously Thursday that a florist who refused to provide services for a same-sex wedding broke the state’s anti-discrimination law, even though she claimed doing so would violate her religious beliefs.

Barronelle Stutzman, a florist in Richland, Washington, had been fined by a lower court for denying service to a gay couple in 2013. Stutzman said she was exercising her First Amendment rights.

But the court held that her floral arrangements do not constitute protected free speech, and that providing flowers to a same-sex wedding would not serve as an endorsement of same-sex marriage.

“As Stutzman acknowledged at deposition, providing flowers for a wedding between Muslims would not necessarily constitute an endorsement of Islam, nor would providing flowers for an atheist couple endorse atheism,” the opinion said.

Stutzman’s lawyers immediately said they would ask the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the decision.

“It’s wrong for the state to force any citizen to support a particular view about marriage or anything else against their will,” Stutzman’s attorney, Kristen Waggoner, wrote in a statement issued after the ruling. “Freedom of speech and religion aren’t subject to the whim of a majority; they are constitutional guarantees.”

It’s one of several lawsuits around the country - including some involving bakers - about whether businesses can refuse to provide services over causes they disagree with, or whether they must serve everyone equally.

A Colorado case involving a baker who would not make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple is pending before the U.S. Supreme Court, according to Lambda Legal. In 2014, the court declined to hear an appeal of a case out of New Mexico that went against a photographer who denied a same-sex couple service.

Gov. Jay Inslee lauded Thursday’s ruling, saying it was “in favor of equality for all Washingtonians.”

“By ruling that intolerance based on sexual orientation is unlawful, the Court affirmed that Washington state will remain a place where no one can be discriminated against because of who they love,” Inslee said in a written statement.

Stutzman had previously sold the couple flowers and knew they were gay. However, Stutzman told them that she couldn’t provide flowers for their wedding because same-sex marriage was incompatible with her Christian beliefs.

Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson and the couple sued her, saying she broke state anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws, and the lower court agreed. The state’s nine high court justices upheld that verdict.

The court rejected several arguments put forth by Stutzman, including the assertion that since other florists were willing to serve the couple, no harm occurred.

“As every other court to address the question has concluded, public accommodations laws do not simply guarantee access to goods or services. Instead, they serve a broader societal purpose: eradicating barriers to the equal treatment of all citizens in the commercial marketplace,” the court wrote. “Were we to carve out a patchwork of exceptions for ostensibly justified discrimination, that purpose would be fatally undermined.”

The case thrust the great-grandmother into the national spotlight and she testified before state lawmakers in Indiana and Kansas.

Michael Scott, a Seattle attorney who worked with the American Civil Liberties Union to represent Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed - the couple denied the flowers - had previously told justices he didn’t believe Stutzman’s floral creations constituted speech. By providing flowers for a same-sex marriage, he argued, “she’s not endorsing same-sex marriage. She’s selling what she sells.”

Ferguson had said the state’s argument rested on longstanding principle, and uprooting it would weaken anti-discrimination law.

After the arguments in the Supreme Court case last November, at a packed theater at Bellevue College, a large crowd of Stutzman’s supporters greeted her outside, chanting her name and waving signs with pictures of roses that said “Justice For Barronelle.”

In a February 2015 ruling, Benton County Superior Court Judge Alexander Ekstrom found that Stutzman’s refusal to provide flowers because of sexual orientation violated Washington’s anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws. She has been fined $1,000, plus $1 in court costs and fees.

Stutzman entered the florist business 30 years ago, when her mother bought a flower shop and she started as a delivery person.
Old 02-17-17, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We're missing the name of one of the players. The florist was sued by the state attorney general. The couple is represented by the ACLU. The florist intends to appeal to the Supreme Court. Who's paying the legal bills for the florist?
Old 02-17-17, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
According to wiki, probably not

Stutzman had received over $174,000 in individual donations on GoFundMe, prior to GoFundMe removing her donation page due to an alleged terms of service violation.
Old 02-17-17, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The only news in this thread is that Space Ape Mafia is disturbingly obsessed with people's genitalia.
Old 02-17-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
The only news in this thread is that Space Ape Mafia is disturbingly obsessed with people's genitalia.
Children's genitalia, no less.
Old 02-17-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm obsessed with people's genitalia as well, but for different reasons.
Old 02-17-17, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are there any naughty bits under that troll bridge the OP calls home?
Old 02-17-17, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I'm obsessed with people's genitalia as well, but for different reasons.
Gentle Palms springs eternal?
Old 02-20-17, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dude, seriously?

Where are the links for us to form our own decision and additional research as appropriate?

"I read where 80%..." WTF? Did you just copy and past the OP from a FB post from some nut? Again, you have a stat like that, post the link.

Your entire post is insulting. You take an immensely complicated topic and suggest "just don't do it". You state it is child exploitation to use children in this fashion. Really? Would you say the same with children on the cover of Christianity Today?
Old 02-21-17, 06:53 AM
Political Exile

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washingt...-wedding-case/
And that's what is at the heart of the LGBTQ Agenda isn't it? Ruining people? How "tolerant" of you.

It's not enough to take your business elsewhere...oh no, the LGBTQ Mafia needs to take everything this grandma owns and has worked for her whole life. You must pay with everything you got. That is true fascism.

Nevermind that she served them for years...only refusing to provide flowers for their homosexual wedding. Nevermind, that she offered to help them find another florist.

I'm sure you would feel differently if Christian asked a homosexual baker to produce a pro-traditional marriage cake...or quoting verses from the Bible stating that homosexual activity is sin. I wouldn't feel differently though.
Old 02-21-17, 06:56 AM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Dude, seriously?

Where are the links for us to form our own decision and additional research as appropriate?

"I read where 80%..." WTF? Did you just copy and past the OP from a FB post from some nut? Again, you have a stat like that, post the link.

Your entire post is insulting. You take an immensely complicated topic and suggest "just don't do it". You state it is child exploitation to use children in this fashion. Really? Would you say the same with children on the cover of Christianity Today?
Ever hear of google? 80% is the most common figure I found.

If Christianity Today sexually exploited children, I would say the same.
Old 02-21-17, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Youz funny.
Old 02-21-17, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And that's what is at the heart of the LGBTQ Agenda isn't it? Ruining people? How "tolerant" of you.

It's not enough to take your business elsewhere...oh no, the LGBTQ Mafia needs to take everything this grandma owns and has worked for her whole life. You must pay with everything you got. That is true fascism.

Nevermind that she served them for years...only refusing to provide flowers for their homosexual wedding. Nevermind, that she offered to help them find another florist.

I'm sure you would feel differently if Christian asked a homosexual baker to produce a pro-traditional marriage cake...or quoting verses from the Bible stating that homosexual activity is sin. I wouldn't feel differently though.
She runs a business. And needs to do her fucking job or close her doors. I'm glad she's an old lady. People who think like her are dying out. Good.
Old 02-21-17, 08:59 AM
Admin-Thanos

Jesus, you liberals just want to ruin people's lives. The colored have their own bathrooms out back, what's the big deal?
Old 02-21-17, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

She runs a business. And needs to do her fucking job or close her doors. I'm glad she's an old lady. People who think like her are dying out. Good.
Hateful. All politics aside. Just hateful.
Old 02-21-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not hate. Contempt.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.