Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Women's March on DC 1.21.17(..and the rest of the world)

Old 01-23-17, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Women's March on DC 1.21.17(..and the rest of the world)

I just spoke with a friend of mine who marched in LA. She said she "lost several friends" by participating. I have been dealing with both Men and Women who just can't understand why the Women even felt the need to March...I was called a "Captain Save a HO" for supporting the march. Whatevs Dude..

Anyway, I'm definitely/was definitely down with the Women on this march. I just hope the women marching aren't done now....
Old 01-23-17, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Women's March on DC 1.21.17(..and the rest of the world)

i get what they were trying to accomplish. All for them doing it. The timing is the question. I would have thought that before the election would have accomplished much more.
Old 01-23-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My wife and some of her friends were at the one in NYC estimated at 500,000-600,000. There were so many people it took her 4.5 hours to walk 1 mile from The Trump World Tower-Sales Office near the UN to Trump Tower.
Old 01-23-17, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
i get what they were trying to accomplish. All for them doing it. The timing is the question. I would have thought that before the election would have accomplished much more.
I have also hear this comment - from women exclusively to boot.

The response I hear is that this result wasn't even considered to be remotely likely. Well, talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Most of the women I have talked to that participated had a really positive experience, and I support them for that.
Old 01-23-17, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
The response I hear is that this result wasn't even considered to be remotely likely. Well, talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Yeah, Trump was considered a joke candidate right up until the point the election results started coming in.
Old 01-23-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've seen a lot of people talking about what they do next. So they know that just marching won't be enough without follow-up action.
Old 01-23-17, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The more violent acts performed by the Left, the more they are not disavowed, the more celebrities talk about blowing up the White House...the more Trump will be legitimized by even Liberal moderates.

All Republicans need to do is just sit back and watch the circus destroy itself.
Old 01-23-17, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
The more violent acts performed by the Left, the more they are not disavowed, the more celebrities talk about blowing up the White House...the more Trump will be legitimized by even Liberal moderates.
Citations needed.
Old 01-23-17, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Yeah, Trump was considered a joke candidate right up until the point the election results started coming in.
I was knocking on doors of registered Democrats and some actually told me they weren't going to vote because there was no way he'd win. One lady was from somewhere in Central America and was telling me how folks back home were making fun of Trump and there was no way he could win. I had to explain to her that while it seemed unlikely, he would win if people didn't go to the polls and vote for Hillary instead.
DVD Talk Godfather

Citations needed.
You didn't listen to Madonna's speech?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newt-ging...151224791.html

“Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House,” she said. “But I know that this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair.”
Now she says she's been taken out of context.

As if her accusations (and others) of political opponents haven't been taken out of context.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All Republicans need to do is just sit back and watch the circus destroy itself.
Plus on top of that Madonna saying she wanted to blowup the White House was beyond stupid. I believe the secret service actually had to look into that.
Old 01-23-17, 03:26 PM

You didn't listen to Madonna's speech?
You said "celebrities" implying multiple people, instead of the incoherent ramblings of just one individual.
Old 01-23-17, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I was knocking on doors of registered Democrats and some actually told me they weren't going to vote because there was no way he'd win. One lady was from somewhere in Central America and was telling me how folks back home were making fun of Trump and there was no way he could win. I had to explain to her that while it seemed unlikely, he would win if people didn't go to the polls and vote for Hillary instead.
Exactly. Democrats scream solidarity and coming together...but they did just the opposite last November.

I think this demonstrates the true nature of what many thought the Democrat Party was...versus what it actually is.

And Democrats need to change WHAT IT IS...and make it a solid force in dealing with Republicans.
Old 01-23-17, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Donald Trump repeatedly suggested somebody should assassinate Hillary Clinton while his supporters engaged in violence against their opponents ... and he won.

But the Left needs to be careful they don't alienate America.
Old 01-23-17, 03:30 PM

And Democrats need to change WHAT IT IS...and make it a solid force in dealing with Republicans.
That's exactly what this march is intended to start.
Old 01-23-17, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
Donald Trump repeatedly suggested somebody should assassinate Hillary Clinton while his supporters engaged in violence against their opponents ... and he won.

But the Left needs to be careful they don't alienate America.
And Hillary made a comment about killing/assassinating Julian Assange. We can go on with this play. But it won't win you an election.
Old 01-23-17, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Let's continue the back and forth

Anyone remember when Ted Nugent was being investigated by the secret service?
Old 01-23-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That's exactly what this march is intended to start.
In my observation, they failed.

1) Madonna's idiot statement as I mentioned earlier.

2) Ferrera's comment:

“As a woman and as a proud first-generation American born to Honduran immigrants, it’s been a heartrending to time to be both an immigrant and a woman in this country,” the actress said. “Our dignity, our character, our rights have all been under attack and the platform of hate and division assumed power yesterday. But, the President is not America, his cabinet is not America, congress is not America, WE are America. And, we are here to stay. ”
So, how different is that statement from what she accuses Trump of?

She's a stupid celebrity. A hypocrite.

To say POTUS is not America is just plain batshit retard. And to claim everyone he chooses is not America, is another senseless statement.

Obviously, she just picked up lines from her Facebook page and thought she was the next Revolutionary.
Old 01-23-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have friends and co-workers that participated in the march out in L.A. It was great.
Old 01-23-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
I just spoke with a friend of mine who marched in LA. She said she "lost several friends" by participating. I have been dealing with both Men and Women who just can't understand why the Women even felt the need to March...I was called a "Captain Save a HO" for supporting the march. Whatevs Dude..

Anyway, I'm definitely/was definitely down with the Women on this march. I just hope the women marching aren't done now....
I bet even E-40 would laugh for a second and then shake his head at the person who said that. Can these people not separate the fiction in their head from how some people feel in this world?
Old 01-23-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I have friends and co-workers that participated in the march out in L.A. It was great.
Indeed. And I have no problems with that. I'm sure it was an awesome experience.

But I think you have some major celebrities who stained this entire movement. Demonstrating a solidarity movement of willingness to participate in a system that elected these people...would come across a lot more mature and would gain even more support...rather than dividing.
Old 01-23-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Exactly. Democrats scream solidarity and coming together...but they did just the opposite last November.

I think this demonstrates the true nature of what many thought the Democrat Party was...versus what it actually is.

Spicer lied about the size of Trumps pe-inauguration. So, with that logic we should put all Republicans in the lying sack of shit pool.
Old 01-23-17, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Indeed. And I have no problems with that. I'm sure it was an awesome experience.

But I think you have some major celebrities who stained this entire movement. Demonstrating a solidarity movement of willingness to participate in a system that elected these people...would come across a lot more mature and would gain even more support...rather than dividing.
As a teacher, I can't expect to come in a room full of students and get them to trust me and work for me just because I am the teacher. They have to know you are there for them and believe in what you are doing. Not the other way around. The people don't just fall under Trump's spell because he was elected. He works for the people and needs to make sure all Americans know that and not just his contingent. If you want to act like he has made that clear then you are fooling only yourself.
Old 01-23-17, 03:46 PM

If you pick and choose the stupidest statements from any movement none will past muster.
Old 01-23-17, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I've seen a lot of people talking about what they do next. So they know that just marching won't be enough without follow-up action.
Excellent point. It seems that the next step to me is post incessantly on FB about it to the point I have to unfollow them.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.