Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The Official Trump Presidency Thread: Michael Flynn down, who's next?

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Official Trump Presidency Thread: Michael Flynn down, who's next?

Old 06-09-17, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

re: The Offical Trump Presidency Thread: Don Jr & Russians

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
From that story:

He said it.

Yeah, just like he promised to release his taxes, so that means he will never testify under oath.

Even still, Trump's lawyer must be freaking out over this... if he were knew he was over his head.

His lawyer released a typo-filled response yesterday that had an embarrassingly obvious lie in it. That is not a sign of competence. Kasowitz has a very specific set of skills that are built around bullying and aggression. This this whole thing is FAR from his wheelhouse.
Old 06-09-17, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Trump can lie just as easily under oath as not. He doesn't give a fuck about the truth so why would he care about an oath? He swore an oath to protect the Constitution, after all.
Old 06-09-17, 03:42 PM
Admin-Thanos

Trump has turned the US government into a Banana Republic. The US is a complete joke.
Old 06-09-17, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Some good news...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5a2323ed428e

The number of advertisers on the alt-right site Breitbart.com has dropped 90 percent in recent months, from 242 in March to 26 in May, according to data from MediaRadar, a New York firm that tracks online advertising. Among those that continue to advertise on the site include a gentleman’s club in Northern Virginia, a golf resort near the coast of Spain and the conservative foundation Judicial Watch.

“Liberal activists want to destroy Breitbart, but we won’t be cowed,” the foundation’s president Tom Fitton said in an interview. “We advertise widely on the internet, and we’re proud of the relationship and the partnerships we have.”

Fitton said Judicial Watch had been advertising on Breitbart for years, but would not elaborate on the company’s strategy or where else it places ads. “I’m not talking about the details of our internal decision-making with the anti-Trump Washington Post,” he said.

Breitbart News, founded 10 years ago to be “unapologetically pro-freedom and pro-Israel,” catapulted to fame in the run-up to last year’s presidential election. The site has become a gathering ground for conservative supporters of President Trump. (Breitbart’s former chairman, Stephen K. Bannon, is now Trump’s chief strategist.) On Thursday, headlines on its homepage included “D.C. swamp goes crazy for James Comey hearing” and “58 scientific papers declare global warming a ‘myth.'”
Old 06-09-17, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
These are the party before country folks. Their boy won, so they stick by him come hell or high water.
It really does seem like to these people their party is their religion and faith. Very cult-ish.
Old 06-09-17, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Trump can lie just as easily under oath as not. He doesn't give a fuck about the truth so why would he care about an oath? He swore an oath to protect the Constitution, after all.
Yeah. For him "truth" is whatever he believes. So he can lie on the stand and be convinced that he is being truthful... if he believes what he says... and he only has to believe it at the time he said it. He can later change his mind and the new thing he says is now the truth.
Old 06-09-17, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For as long as I could remember, politicians were always looked as greedy, corrupt, and incompetent...so what's this fascination Trump supporters have with him?
Old 06-09-17, 04:12 PM
Banned by request

Being under oath in front of a Congressional panel will mean nothing. Being deposed under oath by Bob Mueller will be a different story.
Old 06-09-17, 04:15 PM

There is zero chance he testifies under oath
Old 06-09-17, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
For as long as I could remember, politicians were always looked as greedy, corrupt, and incompetent...so what's this fascination Trump supporters have with him?
It pisses off Democrats. That's all that matters to them. They'd rather see a Republican president fuck the country than see a Democratic president succeed.
Old 06-09-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They just want to see the liberal cuck snowflakes squirm. This sounds stupid just typing it.
Old 06-09-17, 04:30 PM

One point, that I find fascinating and I'd love to hear Trump supporters defend and I may be wrong, about this. But, has Trump ever admitted that Russia meddled in our election? And he wants to get to the bottom of it? Also, he wants to make sure it never happens again.
Old 06-09-17, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As usual, Trump contradicts himself, even within the same sentence.

Trump says Comey's testimony exonerates him, but then also says that Comey was lying... well, which is it, because it can't be both!
Old 06-09-17, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Being under oath in front of a Congressional panel will mean nothing.
Well if he lies he could be impeached for perjury.
Old 06-09-17, 04:39 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
The Obama years were tough for conservatives. There was a black president, significant victories for the LGTBQ+ community, women standing up for themselves more, and all the while Fox News and hyper partisan hack sites have been stoking racial/sexual/gender/political tensions to a dangerous degree. Along comes Trump, who validates all these ideas, who says not only have the last eight years been a disaster, but that he can make it better politically, socially, and economically. He was bolstered by an irresponsible media who thought he was harmless and gave him a ton of free coverage due to his over the top antics, and by morally bankrupt religious and political leaders who sold their soul to the devil in exchange for power. And all the while Trump cultivated a cult of personality that protected him from the consequences of his actions, an effect amplified by Russian hackers and bots who made his support base look larger.

And then there are some people who are just glad they can openly be assholes and shitheels again.
Old 06-09-17, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tabletopjoe View Post
One point, that I find fascinating and I'd love to hear Trump supporters defend and I may be wrong, about this. But, has Trump ever admitted that Russia meddled in our election? And he wants to get to the bottom of it? Also, he wants to make sure it never happens again.
He sort of half admitted it. But as many have pointed out, the fact that he seems to have no interest in standing up to Russia or criticizing them is all you really need to know about something going on between him and the Russians.

Just wait until Russia invades a country and Trump says and does nothing. It will be more than obvious what's going on.
Old 06-09-17, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Well if he lies he could be impeached for perjury.
Come on, you know the Congressional Republicans would never do something as petty as impeaching a sitting President simply for making a couple of harmless little lies under oath.
Old 06-09-17, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How is he going to lie when Republicans would ask him questions like how long he has held his pee for and which teddy bear is his favorite?
Old 06-09-17, 04:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Good!
Old 06-09-17, 04:49 PM

Should be easy to trip him up under oath. Just ask him to name both his daughters.
Old 06-09-17, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So being in the national spotlight isn't necessarily a good thing?
Old 06-09-17, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Should be easy to trip him up under oath. Just ask him to name both his daughters.
"Mrs. Smarty Fuck-pants and the other one. I make the best daughters. Have you seen them? Even the other one is worth fucking. How many Dads can say that? I'll tell you straight, because that's how I am. Ask anyone who really knows me and not Liberal media who makes stuff up. Look, you seen the size of my crowds? That's all the answer you need."

Check, and mate.
Old 06-09-17, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tabletopjoe View Post
No, for all we've heard about Trump's talks with Comey, it's only been about himself. We haven't ever heard him ask if Comey's found out anything about Russia. Maybe because he already knows there was meddling?

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
As usual, Trump contradicts himself, even within the same sentence.

Trump says Comey's testimony exonerates him, but then also says that Comey was lying... well, which is it, because it can't be both!
Only the bad parts are lies!
Old 06-09-17, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
How is he going to lie when Republicans would ask him questions like how long he has held his pee for and which teddy bear is his favorite?
How's he going to lie when Republicans won't ever put him under oath for anything?
Old 06-09-17, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's the Ryan news. (not really that explosive to me as I've kind of taken it for granted for a while now that this exists)

Sources with links to the intelligence community now confirm that a tape exists of Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House, discussing how Russian money could be funneled without detection to target GOP campaigns, including Ryan’s.

These sources report that Mr. Ryan is also on tape discussing how he can best use and disseminate Wikileaks material that was hacked from the DNC by Russia in order to win both his own election and election for Trump.

Further, sources say, the tape of Mr. Ryan discussing his knowledge of Russia funding the GOP that has previously been published in the Washington Post is in fact a small fragment of a much more damaging tape.

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Source for this?
(Better not be Mensch!)
the source is the same person that had the original info about a tape existing with Ryan and others on it discussing Russian money in regards to Trump and Rohrabacher (eventually published in the Post as per above), as well as identifying Jeff Sessions as being compromised and under investigation over a month ago. Amongst other bits of info that have since panned out.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.