Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The Official Trump Presidency Thread: Michael Flynn down, who's next?

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Official Trump Presidency Thread: Michael Flynn down, who's next?

Old 05-31-17, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: The Offical Trump Presidency Thread: Don Jr & Russians

Old 05-31-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Covfefe, it's too good for kids

(for those of you old enough to remember the commercials)
Old 05-31-17, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 485 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar View Post

But not too good for you!
Old 05-31-17, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts
Re: The Offical Trump Presidency Thread: #AlternativeReality

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I think that 'fake social media' was Russia's biggest influence on the election. All of that fake enthusiasm for Trump snowballed and became real. I think the rest of the Russian collusion investigation is a political move after our relations became strained over Syria. We would have never heard a peep about any of this, had Putin showed restrain in Syria.

I think that Trump saw how Putin used his position to enrich himself. And I think that Trump admires that, and wants to attempt the same thing. I think that's why meetings took place. These people admire Putin. Now they're stuck in the legalities of such meetings - and more incriminating - they lied about it.

I honestly believe that when Trump tweets and it gets 50k or 100k likes, I think that less than 5% of those are from real people. Many bots automatically like anything he posts. And he's got 14M of them (let's say 5M or 10M ... as many fake accounts are simply there for non-political reasons).

I read a lot of tweets and replies. The vast majority of pro-Trump tweets contain stuff like 4Trump and MAGA in their usernames. I don't think these are real people. I think this is a network of people who generated millions of fake accounts as part of a propaganda project. Whether it's foreign governments. Or just Trump supporters with 1000x accounts.
Most social media accounts are either fake or duplicates. It's the nature of social media, and when you think about it...it's by design. Because the more likes you get...the more clicks...the more the social media company justifies their advertising rates.

Don't think think for a moment the social media companies don't have something to gain by having so many accounts for popular users. They could rectify the situation...but don't.

In any case, we observed the same with CTR during HRC's campaign, making it appear as if Hillary was winning, in addition to creating fake accounts about Trump supporters assaulting them, etc.

I think both sides negated each other when it came to "fake accounts" and "fake news".

The real problem I see is the once-legitimate media, overlooking, on purpose, the rising support for Trump. They lied about it. They went along with the stories that said Trump was losing, and they didn't care they were no longer news agencies reporting facts and truth, but merely pawns of a few men who had billions of dollars to use as a carrot.

Hillary Clinton's scandals and baggage...were not fake. This is why real voters placed real votes for the other side. It's not that hard to explain, but some Democrats still don't want to swallow the fact they lost due to rallying behind a failing candidate. They'd rather believe the Russians helped Trump. A little reading on Obama and Russia back in 2007 would make today's case for "Russian Collusion".

If Russia did help Trump, why not help him with actual voting numbers. Hillary got the popular vote. That proves to me that Russian manipulation was innocuous to the election, and was no different than any other election where countries insert their propaganda for candidates.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 05-31-17 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-31-17, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Sorraffy View Post
maybe he was using those to take care of problems

Wow. I jokingly say some callous shit on here. But if I'm reading this right, I think you win.

Old 05-31-17, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
It's not that hard to explain, but some Democrats still don't want to swallow the fact they lost due to rallying behind a failing candidate.
I can see that. It is flawed by design, in the same as the tournament model.

In retrospect, I think that Bernie was also a poor candidate. But us Bernie Bros didn't see it at the time. He was basically just the Trump of the left, with big hopes for sweeping disruption.

I like our traditional establishment politicians. And, given the chance, that's who I'd want to see become president in 2020.

We'll see how Trump's presidency turns out. Maybe the disruption is what we need. In business, it can be hard to get people on your side. I've been there. And look at electric cars. People have been talking shit about electric cars for a few years now (more-or-less since the Volt was released). And now they're seeing an upward curve in sales. If Chevy pulled the plug due to public criticism, we wouldn't be where we are today.

In the same way, maybe Trump's disruption will successfully alienate the rest of the world, and we'll be left alone with a self-sustaining economic utopia in the USA.
Old 05-31-17, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 258 Likes on 188 Posts

I think Spicer was trying to be funny, but his soul has been detached from his body and humor just doesn't work

Here's audio where he sounds dead serious and is met with laughter from the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dStts1kFrNU
This video weirds me out, the moving graphics made me think it was actual video of Spicer for a second, and he was trying to stare into a reporter's soul.
Old 05-31-17, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trump administration moves to return Russian compounds in Maryland and New York at WashingtonPost.com

The Trump administration is moving toward handing back to Russia two diplomatic compounds, near New York City and on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, from which its officials were ejected in late December as punishment for Moscow’s interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Then-President Barack Obama said Dec. 29 that the compounds were being “used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes,” and gave Russia 24 hours to vacate them. Separately, Obama expelled from the United States what he said were 35 Russian “intelligence operatives.”
Old 05-31-17, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Location: Indianapolis, IN. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
Received 551 Likes on 380 Posts

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LZomv1wBbbo?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-31-17, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 298 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Man, Obama shitting on this orange goiter during that White House Correspondents bit may have been the worst thing to happen to our planet. Because it seems as if Trump's very existence now is to simply reverse and <strike>smear shit</strike> piss on a black man's legacy as pure revenge and spite.

In other shitty Trump & Friends news...

First on CNN: Sources: Congress investigating another possible Sessions-Kislyak meeting

Get Sessions the fuck out of there already!
Old 05-31-17, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Spicer was trying to be funny, but his soul has been detached from his body and humor just doesn't work

Here's audio where he sounds dead serious and is met with laughter from the press.
The raving narcissism of Trump has no bounds. He really won't even admit to a phone typo on his twitter account?

Geez.
Old 05-31-17, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

From Russia Today:

Okay, sure.
Old 05-31-17, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 05-31-17, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,322 Likes on 954 Posts

"Covfefe" means that while everyone is making fun of Trump over a typo, he's pulling the US out of the Paris Climate Accords and making it harder for women to get prescription birth control.

But, by all means, hashtag away while Rome burns, people.
Old 05-31-17, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 727 Likes on 461 Posts

Is the Paris stuff being ignored? I'm seeing all kinds of talk about it. And I saw the birth control stuff too.

None of which will do any good since Trump will just do what he wants anyway.
Old 05-31-17, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 828 Likes on 547 Posts

It's OK. Don't worry about Climate Change. God will sort it out.

Wonder why he never did anything about the Ice Age, famine, disease, drought, pestilence...
The hole in the ozone, pea soup fogs, cholera, dysentery, acid rain . . .
Old 05-31-17, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

It's OK. Don't worry about Climate Change. God will sort it out.

Wonder why he never did anything about the Ice Age, famine, disease, drought, pestilence...
Didn't god appoint mankind stewards of the Earth?
Old 05-31-17, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Beware the fanatic! Too often his cure is deadlier by far than the evil he denounces!
Stan Lee.
Old 05-31-17, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy shit. Go to Amazon and search for covfefe. There's all sorts of covfefe things for sale already. Songs, books, t-shirts, mugs, etc.
Old 05-31-17, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 631 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Holy shit. Go to Amazon and search for covfefe. There's all sorts of covfefe things for sale already. Songs, books, t-shirts, mugs, etc.
Old 05-31-17, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 632 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
"Covfefe" means that while everyone is making fun of Trump over a typo, he's pulling the US out of the Paris Climate Accords and making it harder for women to get prescription birth control.

But, by all means, hashtag away while Rome burns, people.
People can and are multitasking on this one, making fun of and using it as proof of incompetence in combination with his other more corrupt choices.
Old 06-01-17, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Even better: <a href="https://t.co/9RJFyE7TxM">pic.twitter.com/9RJFyE7TxM</a></p>&mdash; Don The Con (@LyinDonTheCon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LyinDonTheCon/status/870078703417434113">June 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 06-01-17, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The White House on Wednesday evening released its list of waivers to the Trump administration ethics pledge, exempting at least a dozen White House officials from the rules.

The list includes ex-lobbyists who joined the administration to work on policy areas they had covered for their K Street clients. Two comprehensive waivers give whole swaths of White House employees a waiver from the ethics pledge.

Trump’s ethics pledge, contained in an executive order, came along with promises that he would “drain the swamp” of the Washington influence industry.

The release comes right before the June 1 deadline, and immediately following a White House conflict with the Office of Government Ethics (OGE), which compiles ethics waivers from other agencies. The White House had questioned OGE’s authority to request the waivers, but ultimately said the spat had been a misunderstanding.

White House counsel Don McGahn and the leader of the White House ethics office, Stefan Passantino, vetted the waivers.

Trump’s ethics pledge is aimed to cut down on conflicts of interest, banning ex-lobbyists for two years from working on matters they did for paying clients. It is based on a standard set by the previous commander-in-chief, Barack Obama.

One waiver gives a blanket exemption to all political appointees in the Executive Office of the President, allowing them to talk to the media about policy matters.

Steve Bannon, President Trump’s chief strategist, is the former head of conservative news outlet Brietbart. The waiver from ethics rules would allow him to contact his former outlet.

Another blanket waiver allows all commissioned officers in the White House to communicate with Republican political organizations — including the Republican campaign arm, Trump’s presidential campaign, and a group for GOP governors — about broad policy areas.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-ethics-pledge
Old 06-01-17, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 258 Likes on 179 Posts

Its not cov "feefee", people have been pronouncing it that way. It's fefe like "Pepe". I'm also pretty sure Donald Trump thinks it's a spanish slang word that Cheech Morin might have used in a Cheech & Chong movie. "AYYYYYYYYYYY COVFEFE!
Old 06-01-17, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 683 Likes on 527 Posts

Sounds like a confection.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.