Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The Official Trump Presidency Thread: Michael Flynn down, who's next?

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Official Trump Presidency Thread: Michael Flynn down, who's next?

Old 05-16-17, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: The Offical Trump Presidency Thread: Don Jr & Russians

Translated directly from TASS

He can disclose this if he wants- but remember he's under audit so he can't release his taxes.
Old 05-16-17, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
You mean the business genius we see on The Apprentice is not the real Donald Trump, I thought reality shows were real? Damn, first wrestling and now this.
I'm pretty sure if one of the morons from Duck Dynasty ran, he would have gotten about the same number of votes as Trump.
Old 05-16-17, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
Not to be too simplistic, but this reminds of that chilling line in the movie Frost/Nixon where Nixon states "it's not a crime if the President does it."

You know that line was said by the real Nixon, right?
Old 05-16-17, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Israeli intelligence ‘boiling mad’ over Trump disclosure: report
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...t-trump-report

Israeli intelligence officers are “boiling mad and demanding answers” after President Trump reportedly shared classified information from Israel with Russia, according to a new report.

Two Israeli intelligence officers confirmed to BuzzFeed Tuesday that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the U.S. about Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) plots to smuggle explosive laptops onto planes.

"We have an arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing," one intelligence officer told BuzzFeed. "We do not have this relationship with any other country."
You mean "had" an arrangement
Old 05-16-17, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Translated directly from TASS

He can disclose this if he wants- but remember he's under audit so he can't release his taxes.
That sounds about right. Great that the Russian media have that kind of info and McConnell and Co. are like "ho hum".

That right there proves nothing will change.
Old 05-16-17, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

McConnell is a dead man walking too...
Old 05-16-17, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Possible replacement for Sean Spicer

Kimberly Guilfoyle says she’s talking with Trump administration about press secretary job

Old 05-16-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have a bunch of friends and relatives who live in various countries throughout the EU, and they're all saying that Trump's leak has been the top news in EU today, and how no one will ever trust the US again with him in charge. Them and their leaders are all aghast. This is an even bigger deal internationally than it is here.
Old 05-16-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Not if Trump follows Gingrich's advice and shuts down the WH press room... as if that's their problem.
Old 05-16-17, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaks for itself :

In the 114-117 days of their respective presidencies, Obama was at 64% approval, Bush stood at 56% and Bill Clinton was at 45%. Trump, to reiterate, is at 38%.
Old 05-16-17, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Not if Trump follows Gingrich's advice and shuts down the WH press room... as if that's their problem.
Man, I didn't think Gingrich could be more of an asshole but he proves me wrong every time he opens his pie hole.

Newt Gingrich said 10 percent of President Donald Trump's problems are from mistakes — and 90 percent come from the media.
Old 05-16-17, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

May want to keep you eyes on the court schedules here

Tomorrow's looking kinda light. I honestly can't remember how many cases were scheduled when I looked earlier today. But supposedly they are going to be rescheduling and postponing all non Trump related activity in advance.

Might not be this particular court. There is also Richmond and Norfolk/Newport News, but it will definitely be EDVA
Old 05-16-17, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Speaks for itself :

40% approve is still disgusting.

When's the Harvest?
Old 05-16-17, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Graham obviously thinks it's OK for the child to learn on the job.

"Anything you give the Russians, you have to assume the worst, not the best," Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told Fox News. "So clearly the president didn't do anything illegal. But my advice to the president would be if you're going to talk to the Russians about anything sensitive, run it through the system first."
Yeah it's OK to commit treason once, little Donnie. Just make sure you're more careful next time.
Old 05-16-17, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

In an alternate reality, Hillary would have been impeached and removed from the office and we would have either President Kaine or maybe President Ryan.

A shame...we could have tried to fix our dirty water and crumbling infrastructure if Hillary had won. There hasn't been a single major improvement Trump has done for the lower and middle class. If we can't take back the House chamber in 2018, then I'm not exactly sure what we can do to mitigate the damage done by Trump and his God-awful administration.
Old 05-16-17, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

40% approve is still disgusting.

When's the Harvest?
I think a big chunk of the population doesn't keep up with the news or pay attention to most of the trump stuff going on. They just have no interest.
Old 05-16-17, 04:29 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

And we are back onto Comey now!

Old 05-16-17, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cpgator View Post
I think a big chunk of the population doesn't keep up with the news or pay attention to most of the trump stuff going on. They just have no interest.
They gave up on news media years ago.
Old 05-16-17, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
That is beyond Comey! What I mean was that while he was within his rights as president for fire Comey for any reason he wants, but asking him to "let this go" is way beyond the pale.
Old 05-16-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
In an alternate reality, Hillary would have been impeached and removed from the office and we would have either President Kaine or maybe President Ryan.

A shame...we could have tried to fix our dirty water and crumbling infrastructure if Hillary had won. There hasn't been a single major improvement Trump has done for the lower and middle class. If we can't take back the House chamber in 2018, then I'm not exactly sure what we can do to mitigate the damage done by Trump and his God-awful administration.
I have a feeling when we get to the other side of this (admittedly a long way off), people will be thankful HRC didn't win.
What's about to go down has been a long time in coming- and may all be part of one masterful psy op to achieve it.

Sound tin-foil hattie? maybe. But if the shit goes down like so many people are convinced it will, O might have been taking an even bolder gamble most of last year than when he signed off on the Pak/OBL raid.

I honestly believe this is about more than Trump and one presidency.
Russia has , with other actors help, been manipulating a lot of seemingly inexplicable decisions made by democracies lately.

The corruption runs too deep to just prune the tree. It's getting pulled out by the roots. Necessary, and a long time in coming, but not gonna be pretty or easy to take.
Old 05-16-17, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
That is beyond Comey! What I mean was that while he was within his rights as president for fire Comey for any reason he wants, but asking him to "let this go" is way beyond the pale.
Sounds like Comey has more tales to tell than a drunken pirate.
Old 05-16-17, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have a feeling when we get to the other side of this (admittedly a long way off), people will be thankful HRC didn't win.
What's about to go down has been a long time in coming- and may all be part of one masterful psy op to achieve it.

Sound tin-foil hattie? maybe. But if the shit goes down like so many people are convinced it will, O might have been taking an even bolder gamble most of last year than when he signed off on the Pak/OBL raid.

I honestly believe this is about more than Trump and one presidency.
Russia has , with other actors help, been manipulating a lot of seemingly inexplicable decisions made by democracies lately.

The corruption runs too deep to just prune the tree. It's getting pulled out by the roots. Necessary, and a long time in coming, but not gonna be pretty or easy to take.
Yeah, I kinda agree with that, in a way, the way our country's division was going, Trump had to happen AND had to be an unmitigated disaster (time will bear this out, and not much time either) in order for us to move to the next step, be it more unity, and/or understanding that putting your faith in one person to fix everything is completely wrongheaded.

If Hillary was president, the division would've likely grown.
Old 05-16-17, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I used to work with her. The only person that could stand her, was the person she shared an office with. Everyone in the place was incredibly nice to deal with, except her. Seems like a perfect fit.
Old 05-16-17, 04:48 PM

Jesus, every few hours an other scandal. Let's predict what happens. White House releases statement. Sends out the "usual suspects" to defend and deflect. Tomorrow morning, Trump, Tweets or says something that contradicts what his team says. Rinse and repeat. Sadly, this is becoming normal.
Old 05-16-17, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonX View Post
I used to work with her. The only person that could stand her, was the person she shared an office with. Everyone in the place was incredibly nice to deal with, except her. Seems like a perfect fit.
I'm guessing she thought her shit didn't stink. Not sure what possessed Gavin Newsom to marry her (other than her fake boobs and collagen pumped lips). He seems like a level headed guy.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.