Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Old 11-25-16, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Jill 2016 Election Integrity depends on YOU! Launched by Green Party candidate Jill Stein.

Stein was calling for recounts in three swing states—Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin—for the sake of electoral integrity. With the deadline to request a recount in those states fast approaching, Stein was looking for money to move the process forward. However, as money has flooded in the page describing how much money is needed keeps being changed. Initially the plan was to try and raise only 2.5 million

So why does Stein need nearly three times what she originally was hoping to raise? According to her fundraising page, the price of lawyers has doubled or tripled since Wednesday.

The Stein/Green party also make clear that whether or not any recounts actually happen, the money will not be returned.
Old 11-25-16, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

I'll reserve judgement until after I see what happens.

During this disgraceful election cycle, I've learned that projecting is bad.
Old 11-25-16, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Sounds presidential.
Old 11-25-16, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Breaking news this evening out of Wisconsin: It’s been confirmed that Green Party candidate Dr. Jill Stein has filed the necessary paperwork to ask for a recount of the state.

They are now asking for volunteers to help with the recount
Old 11-25-16, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
Breaking news this evening out of Wisconsin: It’s been confirmed that Green Party candidate Dr. Jill Stein has filed the necessary paperwork to ask for a recount of the state.

They are now asking for volunteers to help with the recount
This will give us a good laugh for a couple of weeks.

Almost as funny as the Packers.
Old 11-25-16, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk God

I read that she raised more money here than she did for her actual campaign. Obviously it isn't just her supporters that are sending money, and lots of it.
Old 11-25-16, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, the lawyers are the ones that are going to cost millions? That must be it since they are asking for volunteers to help with the recount. It must be nice to get paid a ton of money and not have to do much. This sounds like one big scam.
Old 11-25-16, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
So, the lawyers are the ones that are going to cost millions? That must be it since they are asking for volunteers to help with the recount. It must be nice to get paid a ton of money and not have to do much. This sounds like one big scam.
A "nobody" lawyer - the kind who would work pro bono - properly couldn't get this anywhere. And yes, it must be nice.
Old 11-25-16, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe people are throwing money at this charlatan.

She's just as much a Russian stooge as her buddy Flynn. This whole thing is either a sham to divert money away from the ACLU, EFF, NAACP and other groups that could fight Trump, or it's a further Russian attempt to destabilize our government.
Old 11-26-16, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
The Stein/Green party also make clear that whether or not any recounts actually happen, the money will not be returned.
meh, that's why I'm not a fan of indiegogo ... at least with kickstarter if it fails, you get refunded
Old 11-26-16, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
She's just as much a Russian stooge as her buddy Flynn. This whole thing is either a sham to divert money away from the ACLU, EFF, NAACP and other groups that could fight Trump, or it's a further Russian attempt to destabilize our government.
It's sad to see people falling into a Cold War mind warp, and trying to recreate the Red Scare atmosphere of the 1950s.

But seriously, I agree with you. Didn't Jill Stein praise Edward Snowden, the guy who fled to Russia and currently resides there after telling foreign countries we were spying on them, and how?

Yup.
Old 11-26-16, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09b605600a69b

Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Saturday said that it would participate in a recount initiated by Green Party nominee Jill Stein in Wisconsin and said it would take similar action if a recount was initiated in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

The campaign has taken a number of steps since election day to review election results and has not found “any actionable evidence of hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology,” Marc Elias, the campaign’s general counsel, wrote in a statement on Medium.

The campaign had not planned to call for a recount, Elias wrote, but now that one is underway, it felt an obligation to participate. The extent of the campaign’s participation was not immediately clear.
Such an outstanding way to prove leadership when somebody else initiates action and then you hear..."Well, hey, if they're doing it, then I guess we'll do it, too. But we weren't going to. But since it's already started...we feel obligated."

This one of the oddest forms of "obligation" I've heard of: "I'm only obligated if somebody else does it."
Old 11-26-16, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

We already have a recount thread.
Old 11-26-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
A fool and his money...
Old 11-26-16, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09b605600a69b

Such an outstanding way to prove leadership when somebody else initiates action and then you hear..."Well, hey, if they're doing it, then I guess we'll do it, too. But we weren't going to. But since it's already started...we feel obligated."

This one of the oddest forms of "obligation" I've heard of: "I'm only obligated if somebody else does it."
This recount will not help the Democratic party.
Old 11-26-16, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No.
That is the Jill Stein Edition of
Making a Buck off the Presidency.
Old 11-26-16, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Once Hillary and her campaign jumped on board, I wanted to make sure and not taint Jill Stein, her supporters, and make sure Hillary and her campaign would be separated from future actions.

If Jill Stein's campaign does something stupid, it can go in that thread.

If Hillary and her campaign say/do something stupid, it will go into this trash can.

Personally, I think Stein's campaign should tell Hillary and her historically criminally-tainted baggaged campaign, to start their own recount. It will only make Stein's recount look more controversial and "illegitimate".

But regardless, I'm very interested in what Hillary and her campaign will do in the next few months. I encourage a recount in California...but I bet that won't happen.
Old 11-26-16, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Who cares? I hate one and only threads.
Old 11-26-16, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hilary involved is a separate issue. She is now the one who can't accept the result of the election, yet look how critical she was of Trump for not swearing he would accept the result of the election. She has the right to challenge, just as Trump said he might use that right if results were suspicious, but look at her reaction to that and look at her now. Give me an H, give me a Y, you know the rest; spell on your own.
Old 11-26-16, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now that Hillary Clinton's campaign is involved in the recount started by Jill Stein, do you still feel it's either a sham to divert Trump opposition money and/or an attempt by Russia to destabilize our government?
Old 11-26-16, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, that's probably why they are spinning this as "well, since they did it...we felt obligated to jump on the recount wagon..." and appearing as only 50% ridiculous, versus starting a Rigged & Recount action themselves and looking 100% ridiculous.
Old 11-26-16, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does the recount matter, even within the liberal bubble? Is anyone jumping with job? I guess they raised all of that money very quick. But I don't think anyone was clamoring for a recount. I cast my vote. Not feeling the need to go through this.
Old 11-26-16, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Does the recount matter, even within the liberal bubble? Is anyone jumping with job? I guess they raised all of that money very quick. But I don't think anyone was clamoring for a recount. I cast my vote. Not feeling the need to go through this.
I agree. Her trouncing Trump in the popular vote is good enough for me to keep hope alive that the country isn't completely filled with racists and misogynists. Now we should just sit back and watch the Trump trainwreck. It's been fantastic so far
Old 11-26-16, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by OldDude View Post
Hilary involved is a separate issue. She is now the one who can't accept the result of the election, yet look how critical she was of Trump for not swearing he would accept the result of the election.
Yeah I was thinking this also. There was a huge hullabaloo about after the election when Trump lost how he'd file for recounts and not be able to handle it because of his huge ego. But now, of course, those same people will be all for Hillary being involved in a recount effort. That's why I consider most outrage on the left or right to be completely fake (along with most you outraged about Trump this or that). That's just normal politics and just sitting back and not taking it very seriously is actually the best way to deal with it. If I were Trump I would have released a tweet something like "About the recount - LOL" and just left it at that.
Old 11-26-16, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Trump Trainwreck. Yeah, that was some train wreck on November 8.

The Hillary Train didn't even leave the station. But they sure pounded their chests a lot, now didn't they.

Come to think of it, everyone piled into the train...but it just stood there at the station. The conductor screamed over the intercom they were moving at supersonic speed...but people soon realized...they were not.

The Hillary Zombies are once again, aroused from their mediocre and compartmentalized feasting, and have been released into the general population to do even more damage to what we call, the Democrat Party.

Considering the Walking Dead on Netflix is getting boring, I suppose I could get some entertainment from this.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 11-26-16 at 07:57 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.