Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Old 11-27-16, 10:58 AM
  #51  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 21,226
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

This recount is like one of those bad movie sequels that nobody asked for.
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 11:01 AM
  #52  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,655
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

There is no chance of a recount succeeding in any of these states.
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 11:01 AM
  #53  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,216
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I demand a recount of the number of recount threads we have!
Would you prefer Popular Vote or the ever-popular...Electorate Moderator.

Also, shouldn't this thread add Hillary's name to the Jill Stein thread title. Because this isn't just about Jill Stein wanting a recount.

The Hillary campaign wants it as well and are participating. And if I post something about Hillary's campaign doing something stupid...I'll get a comment..."But you're posting in the Jill Stein thread!"

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 11-27-16 at 11:06 AM.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 11:03 AM
  #54  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 21,867
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
There is no chance of a recount succeeding in any of these states.
Nope, unless we have bigger problems than anyone guessed. But Stein sure raised a lot of money.
LurkerDan is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 11:09 AM
  #55  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,216
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
There is no chance of a recount succeeding in any of these states.
It would if they included California. I would suspect Hillary would receive a much lesser number of votes.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 11:17 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana and still checking my emails
Posts: 13,282
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
This recount is like one of those bad movie sequels that nobody asked for.
And just like many of the "stars" in those sequels Jill will make a big paycheck too.
mspmms is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:00 PM
  #57  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 21,582
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Also, shouldn't this thread add Hillary's name to the Jill Stein thread title. Because this isn't just about Jill Stein wanting a recount.
She's Clinton's puppet!!!




************
But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Luke 6:35
creekdipper is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:02 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,216
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Hillary and Jill went up the hill.
To fetch a pail of money.
Hillary fell down and broke her crown.
And Jill came tumbling after.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:19 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sean O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vichy America
Posts: 13,535
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Now that Hillary Clinton's campaign is involved in the recount started by Jill Stein, do you still feel it's either a sham to divert Trump opposition money and/or an attempt by Russia to destabilize our government?
Yes. The point of Stein's ploy is to put Clinton in a no-win situation. Clinton took the least bad option out of what was available.
Sean O'Hara is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:23 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sean O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vichy America
Posts: 13,535
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
It would if they included California. I would suspect Hillary would receive a much lesser number of votes.
Person who suspects things based upon zero evidence voted for Trump ... America!
Sean O'Hara is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:29 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,216
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Zero evidence? i'll give you one example right now. There is one case where 80+ ballots were mailed to one apartment residence in California.

And this wasn't even caught by California's strict voter fraud system of ultimate transparency.

Or is this common in California. Where 80-100 people live in one apartment.

If you have a "system" that can't raise a flag of 80 different names living in one single apartment, then you have a problem, and certainly would make me wonder if other residences were being used for fake voting ballots being mailed out and returned. The only reason this case was caught...was because somebody spoke out about it.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:38 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,513
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Zero evidence? i'll give you one example right now. There is one case where 80+ ballots were mailed to one apartment residence in California.

And this wasn't even caught by California's strict voter fraud system of ultimate transparency.

Or is this common in California. Where 80-100 people live in one apartment.

If you have a "system" that can't raise a flag of 80 different names living in one single apartment, then you have a problem, and certainly would make me wonder if other residences were being used for fake voting ballots being mailed out and returned. The only reason this case was caught...was because somebody spoke out about it.
Where is this case? Do you have a link to factual information about it or did you just make it up?
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:42 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 21,226
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

He's referring to this article: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...side-home.html

I won't put stupid past anyone. People never let me down. However, committing voter fraud to "benefit" Democrats in CA is stupid. And making it up as "phony outrage" in CA is stupid too (why not a red state?).
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:46 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,216
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
He's referring to this article: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...side-home.html

I won't put stupid past anyone. People never let me down. However, committing voter fraud to "benefit" Democrats in CA is stupid.
Explain how this is stupid. Making sure you have enough votes is never a stupid strategy...even if you're ahead.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 12:48 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 21,226
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Making sure you have enough votes is never a stupid strategy...even if you're ahead.
It's not. CA is going red as quick as easy as Wyoming is going blue.
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 02:27 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana and still checking my emails
Posts: 13,282
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

This story seems to describe Jill Steinís recount effort: link

Spoiler:


mspmms is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 02:53 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 12,653
Re: Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
Hillary did not challenge the results or ask for a recount. I don't see the hypocrisy. Like I said before, I think she really had little choice once Stein requested the recount; it would have made NO sense for her not to join in the effort.

And yes, Stein does have standing to request a recount.

And I have already said that I expect no change and hope they find nothing. I think every single person should hope they find no evidence of fraud.
The question remains, "why did Stein request a recount?"

Stein repeatedly stated on the campaign trail that if Clinton is elected she would get the US into a nuclear war. Logically, the outcome of the election is something that Stein would be favorable to and not want to potentially up-end by a recount.

Stein raised a total of a little over 2 million for her campaign and yet she raised over 5 million in a few days for the recount.

Seems to me that she is nothing more than a front-person for groups supportive of Hillary.
sracer is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 05:11 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana and still checking my emails
Posts: 13,282
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post

And yes, Stein does have standing to request a recount.
Jill Stein got 33,000 votes vs Donald Trump's 1.4 million.
Unless there are 1,370,000+ miscounted votes this is a scam.

However- I was reading earlier that maybe the plan is to delay, delay, delay with hand recounts past the last day the official counts are required for states directing the Electoral College.

If all 3 states miss the deadline, Trump is at 260, Hillary at 232. No one hits 270.
mspmms is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 05:14 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 21,867
Re: Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
The question remains, "why did Stein request a recount?"

Stein repeatedly stated on the campaign trail that if Clinton is elected she would get the US into a nuclear war. Logically, the outcome of the election is something that Stein would be favorable to and not want to potentially up-end by a recount.

Stein raised a total of a little over 2 million for her campaign and yet she raised over 5 million in a few days for the recount.

Seems to me that she is nothing more than a front-person for groups supportive of Hillary.
You can think that she did this for Hillary, but it makes a lot more sense to me that she did this for her own benefit: to raise money, her profile, etc. She saw an opportunity with millions of upset Clinton voters willing to grasp at straws and a story that gave them a straw to grasp at, and she pounced on that opportunity. She's raised more money in one week than she did during the whole campaign. And you think she did this for Clinton's benefit?

Last edited by LurkerDan; 11-27-16 at 05:21 PM.
LurkerDan is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 07:12 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 4,085
Re: Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

I'm not sure how a recount checks the integrity of the machines used ... and even if it does AND there is evidence of tampering, what has the chain of custody been for those machines to prove the tampering was done pre-election? The only outcomes are seemingly bad, really bad, or terrible.
silentbob007 is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 07:31 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 12,653
Re: Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
You can think that she did this for Hillary, but it makes a lot more sense to me that she did this for her own benefit: to raise money, her profile, etc. She saw an opportunity with millions of upset Clinton voters willing to grasp at straws and a story that gave them a straw to grasp at, and she pounced on that opportunity. She's raised more money in one week than she did during the whole campaign. And you think she did this for Clinton's benefit?
You make it sound like Stein gets to keep the money she raised.
sracer is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 08:51 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 39,306
Re: Beating Dead Horses: The Hillary Clinton Recount Chronicles

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
You make it sound like Stein gets to keep the money she raised.
Whatever doesn't get used in the recount effort (and Mark my words, there will be money left over) gets retained by the Green Party.
JasonF is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 09:53 PM
  #73  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,705
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Yes, Stein has made it clear that there will be no refunds if the recounts don't happen or if there's money left over.
Groucho is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 10:01 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East of Ypsi
Posts: 8,896
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

Jesus. Is it really offensive (to anyone) that a third party gets some additional funding? The two party system put up two assholes this year and we picked the worst of the two.
auto is offline  
Old 11-27-16, 10:03 PM
  #75  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,705
Re: Making a Buck off the Presidency - The Jill Stein Recount Edition

If the Green party keeps nominating people like Stein they are no better than the Republicans or the Democrats.
Groucho is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.