Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Old 01-05-17, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

The rumors are that Mark Zuckerberg is looking to run in 2020. He changed his religious status (formerly Atheist now Jeweish ) and has visited close to 50 states. Hell also be over 35 by 2020. Maybe a government job first and then run for President?
Old 01-05-17, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
The rumors are that Mark Zuckerberg is looking to run in 2020. He changed his religious status (formerly Atheist now Jeweish ) and has visited close to 50 states. Hell also be over 35 by 2020. Maybe a government job first and then run for President?
Sure, why the hell not? He's no less qualified than Trump.
Old 01-05-17, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why would he need a government job first?
Old 01-05-17, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
(((Mark Zuckerberg))) in this political climate?

He is not, to my knowledge, a serial sexual assaulter or insane. He will go nowhere.
Old 01-05-17, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think more voting age people know Tom Anderson than Mark Zuckerberg. Tom would get my vote, he was always so friendly.
Old 08-13-17, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Never too early to start!

The day after racially charged violence gripped Charlottesville, Virginia, President Donald Trump's re-election campaign released an ad attacking his "enemies" for obstructing his agenda.
The ad slammed Democrats, the media and career politicians for what it said were attacks on and obstruction of Trump's efforts while touting the President's record so far of overseeing low levels of unemployment, record-high stock prices and what the ad called "the strongest military in decades."

"The President's enemies don't want him to succeed, but Americans are saying, 'Let President Trump do his job,'" the ad said.

The Trump campaign did not respond Sunday to requests for more details on the ad, including when and where it will run and how much it cost.

Trump took office following years of decreasing unemployment rates, and those numbers have continued to improve during his time in office. The US economy added more than one million jobs since Trump was elected. The stock market has reached record heights by some measures as well, continuing a trend since recovering from the Great Recession, with a strong increase since the November election.
The release of the Trump campaign's new ad comes as the President continues to receive criticism for his statements Saturday in response to the violence that wracked Charlottesville over the weekend.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/13/po...ad0526PMVODtop

Trump currently has a 38% average approval rating from Real Clear Politics.
Old 08-13-17, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"The President's enemies don't want him to succeed, but Americans are saying, 'Let President Trump do his job,'" the ad said.
Republicans have control over the House, the Senate, a majority of the Supreme Court and the administrative branch. Who is the fuck is keeping him from doing his job, except for his own damn self?
Old 08-13-17, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Clearly Hillary & Obama.
Old 08-13-17, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From the NYT: Chants of "Warren 2020"
Elizabeth Warren Takes Aim at Moderates.

“The Democratic Party isn’t going back to the days of welfare reform and the crime bill.”

Is Senator Elizabeth Warren going to be the standard bearer for Democrats?
Old 08-13-17, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I hope so!

Good luck to her though. She's got Hillary and her daughter up for campaigning and I doubt Hillary wants anyone stronger than her when it comes to election time.
Old 08-13-17, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Clearly Hillary & Obama.
I was gonna say Russia and Bannon.
Old 08-13-17, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by EinCB View Post

Trump currently has a 38% average approval rating from Real Clear Politics.
What's the rating of Congress, which includes Democrats?

You have that number?
Old 08-13-17, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post

You have that number?
The last I saw was 24%, but that's irrelevant because everyone hates congress as a whole, but loves their individual representative.
Old 08-13-17, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You have that number?
Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
The last I saw was 24%
Real Clear Politics - Congressional Job Approval:

Approve

Disapprove
Old 08-13-17, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You have that number?
Trump is one guy. I'd assume a bunch of Trumps would rate even lower.

Lord knows one Pussygrabber-in-Chief is enough.
Old 01-07-18, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

President Winfrey? She might be testing the waters with this speech.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LyBims8OkSY?start=40" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-08-18, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would like to think that after this Trump debacle, we will go back to nominating people who are actually qualified to be president. If it's going to be movie stars/celebrities from here on out there, I could get behind Oprah for president.
Old 01-08-18, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

We need more billionaires running for president.
Old 01-08-18, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It will be interesting to see if President Oprah and her billionaire friends will do better than Trump and his billionaire friends. I can't wait until the Illinois governor's election this year to see which billionaire will win.
Old 01-08-18, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I think more voting age people know Tom Anderson than Mark Zuckerberg. Tom would get my vote, he was always so friendly.
Shit, I posted this a year ago and I have no idea who Tom Anderson is. I guess I knew at the time. So much for him getting my vote.
Old 01-08-18, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
It will be interesting to see if President Oprah and her billionaire friends will do better than Trump and his billionaire friends. I can't wait until the Illinois governor's election this year to see which billionaire will win.
My guess is that President Oprah wouldn't be quite as shitty to women and minorities as President Pussygrabber.
Old 01-08-18, 10:41 AM

The sad thing for the GOP is that they can't play the "unqualified" card against Oprah without acknowledging that Trump has been an abject failure.
Old 01-08-18, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
trump doesn't have any billionaire friends. He's like that guy in the internet ads; "billionaires hate him!", and also like the guy in those ads, he's full of shit.
Old 01-08-18, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
The sad thing for the GOP is that they can't play the "unqualified" card against Oprah without acknowledging that Trump has been an abject failure.
Oh they would still play the unqualified card. Only it would be couched in sexism and racism as usual.
Old 01-08-18, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Oh they would still play the unqualified card. Only it would be couched in sexism and racism as usual.
I just had a horrific thought ... if the racist pushback against obama contributed to us getting Trump, imagine what we'd get after an Oprah presidency?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.