Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Old 08-14-19, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
A lot of people should drop out. If the nominee is someone other than Biden, Warren, or Harris, I will be shocked. I suppose Sanders has a small chance.
Let's be honest, it's Biden's nomination to lose. I don't think these little slip ups are hurting him. Now if he says something REALLY stupid, we'll see. But hopefully he gets better (not worse) on the stump as the weeks go by.
Old 08-14-19, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: New! Improved! The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: It's Never Over! Edition

Stacey Abrams now is open to being the VP for the nominee....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stacey-ab...114035227.html

"Stacey Abrams, the former Democratic nominee for Georgia governor, said Tuesday she is open to becoming the running mate for “any” of the roughly two dozen White House candidates vying to take on President Donald Trump in 2020."

politicians gonna politic.
Old 08-14-19, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Would love to see Abrams debate Pence. Wish she had (a lot) more experience but could do worse for VP. Looking in your direction Tim Kaine.
Old 08-14-19, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
Would love to see Abrams debate Pence. Wish she had (a lot) more experience but could do worse for VP. Looking in your direction Tim Kaine.
What is it with all of this enthusiasm for politicians who lost their races? Abrams, Beto, Gillum.
Old 08-14-19, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is apparently a growing petition to have Joe Rogen moderate one of the 2020 debates.
Old 08-14-19, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
There is apparently a growing petition to have Joe Rogen moderate one of the 2020 debates.
Rather have Seth.
Old 08-14-19, 02:31 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
What is it with all of this enthusiasm for politicians who lost their races? Abrams, Beto, Gillum.
A lot of people forget that close doesn't count, in football games or Presidential elections.
Old 08-14-19, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They did far better than they were supposed to and the country at large is different than their "local" races. At least they bring some semblance of experience to the table. Unlike the current President.
Old 08-14-19, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
They did far better than they were supposed to and the country at large is different than their "local" races. At least they bring some semblance of experience to the table. Unlike the current President.
Makes sense. The people that know them best didn't vote for them in sufficient numbers, but people who live out of their states will have a different and more limited view of them.
Old 08-14-19, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not all political wins and losses are created equal.

If a candidate can come within striking distance of winning a race that democrats haven't won in decades (usually in blow out losses), in what are otherwise traditionally solid red states, I don't think it's outrageous to think that they might have appeal at the national level, where they for the most part wouldn't have to win those solid red states to win the presidency.
Old 08-14-19, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Makes sense. The people that know them best didn't vote for them in sufficient numbers, but people who live out of their states will have a different and more limited view of them.
Awe...that’s cute. You think a large a portion of the population votes based on “knowing” a candidate.

Such youth and innocence.
Old 08-14-19, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Awe...that’s cute. You think a large a portion of the population votes based on “knowing” a candidate.

Such youth and innocence.
Using “cute” and “adorable” is so last year. *plonk*
Old 08-14-19, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I can see why Robert Francis and Abrams intrigue people,Gillum on the other hand is under an FBI investigation and has faced corruption charges.Granted most of Gillums is just garden variety bribery stuff that seems quaint in a post Trump world. That said he lost in a purple state in a year that was a Democratic wave,nothing suggest he outpaced what a different candidate would have done unlike Abrams and O'Rourke
Old 08-14-19, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

in Abrams case I agree with her politics, have never seen her be a sellout, liar, or shill, I would like to see a woman and/or person of color on the ticket , and she’s great at connecting with people. A black woman who came that close to winning a state wide seat in Georgia is a seller and since I like what she’s trying to sell people im a big fan.

Most of the same same goes for Gillium. Beto is a good centrist Democrat from Texas who is sometimes very charismatic but also has appearances where he’s a mopey kid like the first debates.
Old 08-15-19, 10:39 AM

John Hickenlooper has ended his bid for president. Allow me to be the first to say: John Hickenlooper was running for president?
Old 08-15-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
John Hickenlooper has ended his bid for president. Allow me to be the first to say: John Hickenlooper was running for president?
Are you just making up names now?
Are we being Groucho'd?
Old 08-15-19, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Are you just making up names now?
Awww, I'd think someone on a DVD forum would at least be familiar with his cousin's work.
Old 08-15-19, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love this picture so much!

Old 08-15-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am at the point with Bernie supporters where I say let him get the nomination so he can lose to Trump. Just don't complain about the shit Trump does in the next four years.
Old 08-15-19, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I am at the point with Bernie supporters where I say let him get the nomination so he can lose to Trump. Just don't complain about the shit Trump does in the next four years.
I can understand that. I thought the Bernie bros were bad back in '16 but they seem even worse this time around... probably because they can't blame Hillary for tilting the scale.
Old 08-15-19, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
“Bernie fans are awful. I hope the fascist beats him to rub it in Bernie fans’ faces” is a great take.

As a long time Bernie supporter I will say sorry for any harassment that didn’t begin by you saying comments like the above. You say the above and ehhh I kinda think you deserve some mocking. There is not a single dem candidate who I wouldn’t root for against trump and I’m not unique as shown by the 2016 election where Bernie supporters turned out for Hillary at the same % supporters of losing primary candidates have voted for the winner of their primary in the past.

I mean seriously can you imagine the response if i were to come in and say “ cant wait for you all to nominate joe Biden so that he can smell Donald trump’s hair on stage before losing to him by the exact same vote total as Hillary? Oh what fun it will be!”

Last edited by Nesbit; 08-15-19 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-15-19, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That fact that so many of the Bros still push the false narrative that Bernie was robbed of the nomination in 2016 is nauseating but if he is the nominee I will vote for him.

Old 08-15-19, 11:59 PM

All we need is Bernie to do an underwear shoot and this can be the next Meg Myers thread.
Old 08-16-19, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
That fact that so many of the Bros still push the false narrative that Bernie was robbed of the nomination in 2016 is nauseating but if he is the nominee I will vote for him.

Yeah I try and bring up 2016 as little as possible. I don’t think Bernie was robbed of the nomination. I also agree he has his overly aggressive online troll fans though they’re not the majority of his supporters and some of the push back from reasonable and unreasonable Bernie bros comes from what they face. I mean for example the last post I quoted - Bernie beats trump in every national poll I’ve seen for the last 2 years. To couple a complaint (what may be a valid complaint) about Bernie supporters with the false assumption that he’ll lose BEGS for a snarky comeback which then gets added to the list of Bernie Bros offenses.
Old 08-16-19, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
All we need is Bernie to do an underwear shoot and this can be the next Meg Myers thread.
Well that's gonna haunt my dreams, Thanks allot.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.