DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/629879-fox-news-alert-fox-news-thread.html)

DVD Polizei 12-07-15 07:46 PM

Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

I figured, why not have a Fox News thread since there are topics which regularly come up. But especially recently...

Apparently (thanks to another DVD Talk post), Stacey Dash got a 2-week suspension for saying Obama didn't give a shit about terrorism, and Ralph Peters:

“Mr. President we’re not afraid, we’re angry, we’re pissed off, we’re furious! We want you to react, we want you to do something!” Peters said.

“You’re afraid!” he continued. “This guy is such a total pussy, it’s stunning.”

Both statements I think are rather demonstrative of the result of Obama doing virtually nothing during the last 7 years and letting anyone with a title run around with their own idiotic theories of foreign relations. I'm talking about John Kerry, especially.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-analy...-its-stunning/

---

What I find interesting, is these two people are called out for speaking their mind. I like Stuart Varney, but at what point do you, as a news network, continue to report the same old boring shit, and finally have a few people stand up and say what it is, versus re-wording it in a large paragraph to make your statement more suitable.

Ralph spoke on FBN, so I think this was the major issue as FBN is more business-like and professional, and Fox News is more commentary and whatever else.

Obama has been called a coward by many on Fox and FBN, so pussy should be more of a compliment, I would think.

I guess we still can't say SHIT on TV but it's more than ok to show video of people talk about aborting fetuses and parts, and then having Fox News commentators be even more graphic as if we couldn't figure out what the fuck the subtitles (provided by Pro-Life folk of course) were saying.

BearFan 12-07-15 08:00 PM

Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

You can say shit on Fox News (or any other cable outlet) .. at least without worry from the FCC

VHS? 12-07-15 08:01 PM

Benghazi!

jfoobar 12-07-15 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 12664692)
Both statements I think are rather demonstrative of the result of Obama doing virtually nothing during the last 7 years and letting anyone with a title run around with their own idiotic theories of foreign relations.

Facts are demonstrative. Comments on Fox News, most especially opinion shows like Varney's, are not inherently demonstrative of anything at all.

DVD Polizei 12-07-15 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by BearFan (Post 12664702)
You can say shit on Fox News (or any other cable outlet) .. at least without worry from the FCC

That's what I was wondering. Cable Channel has to have a little more leniency than a TV network.

Probably had a bunch of people calling in, saying they've never heard such foul language. I imagine this:

Conservative Mom: "Fox News?"

Fox News Rep: "Yep. God Bless!"

Conservative Mom: "I just heard the word SHIT on your show!"

Fox News Rep: "OMG! I am so sorry! We will ban that lady for two weeks!"

Conservative Mom: "Thank-you. God Bless!"

Fox News Rep: "Yep. God Bless!"

[click]

Conservative Mom's Kid: "Hey mom, can I go over Jeb's house and play?"

Conservative Mom: "Goddamn it, what the fuck did I just say! No! You little shit."

Artman 12-07-15 09:52 PM

I've never cared for Ralph Peters myself... give him a few weeks to cool his jets... a month in the infirmary!

Deadman31 12-07-15 10:17 PM

Stacy Dash? The actress?

VHS? 12-07-15 10:26 PM

She was like what, 40 when she was in 'Clueless' playing a teenager?
Would bang.

Whiskey Warfield 12-07-15 10:34 PM

Best Playboy issue ever.

DVD Polizei 12-07-15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artman (Post 12664789)
I've never cared for Ralph Peters myself... give him a few weeks to cool his jets... a month in the infirmary!

:lol:

Why So Blu? 12-08-15 01:54 AM

I like this comment from the comments on that page - because it's the truth:

These same partisan talkers on Fox once said that you are either with the President or you are with the terrorists. Just think if over 3,000 Americans died under Obama's watch in NYC from one terrorist attack. But Bush was defended for 8 years by these pussies.

Jaymole 12-08-15 07:16 AM

The suspension of Stacey Dash is a slap in the face to intelligent and sober political commentary in this country.

Vibiana 12-08-15 07:19 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that I have no idea who any of these people are is an incredibly freeing sensation. :D

Draven 12-08-15 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Vibiana (Post 12664991)
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that I have no idea who any of these people are is an incredibly freeing sensation. :D

I hate Fox News as much as any sane person does, but Clueless is a classic. :)

cungar 12-08-15 08:22 AM

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/upl...2-big-ver1.jpg

http://rightwingart.com/artuploads/i...4d89b7a5b3.png

http://divadmedia.files.wordpress.co...8-16-05-47.png

Solid Snake 12-08-15 08:30 AM

stacy Dash works for Fox?

cungar 12-08-15 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 12665046)
stacy Dash works for Fox?

Anytime they can find someone who goes against the stereotype they exploit it for all it's worth. See all hot minority babes who worked in Hollywood aren't liberals? Just 99.999%

Sean O'Hara 12-08-15 10:16 AM

Everyone knows Fox is the #1 cable news network, but what's far less reported is that half the audience turns the sound off and just wanks to the news babes.

kenbuzz 12-08-15 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara (Post 12665168)
Everyone knows Fox is the #1 cable news network, but what's far less reported is that half the audience turns the sound off and just wanks to the news babes.

Funny, I've heard that we all do the same thing to your posts. :D

And mine.

Nice cleavage, by the way. -other-

Psi 12-08-15 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 12665199)
And mine.

You did have that beaver picture...

inri222 12-08-15 11:15 AM

I guess after shaking her ass in hip hop videos, posing in Playboy, being divorced three times (2 of the marriages lasted less than a year) and having 2 kids from different fathers (none of which which she was married to) she decided to go Kim Davis. Her cousin, hip hop mogul Damon Dash, whom she worked for as an assistant producer no longer speaks to her.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rWc6i8dpzO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CRM114 12-08-15 11:30 AM

Last night on FBN, they had the ever fascinating political insights of Chuck Woolery.

On Obama, it's stunning that even after he articulates what he IS doing, the partisan rightists still don't get it. They just want invasion. They want invasion to stop the 30,000 ISIS fighters out of billions of Muslims. They want what ISIS dreams of - the final apocalyptic battle of Muslims vs the rest.

But any chance to call Obama a pussy cannot be wasted.

And Kimberly Guilfoyle really needs to show more cleavage.

CRM114 12-08-15 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by cungar (Post 12665091)
Anytime they can find someone who goes against the stereotype they exploit it for all it's worth. See all hot minority babes who worked in Hollywood aren't liberals? Just 99.999%

Fox always trots out the African-America Sheriff(!) from Milwaukee (!) as if he represents all law enforcement. But he's black so his criticism of Obama is more profound, right Fox?

inri222 12-08-15 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by CRM114 (Post 12665245)
the final apocalyptic battle of Muslims vs the rest.

Americans are getting tired of waiting for Jesus to come back and need to speed up the process.

CRM114 12-08-15 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12665253)
Americans are getting tired of waiting for Jesus to come back and need to speed up the process.

The exact same desires as the extremist Muslims, ironically. Except without the Jesus part.