Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Old 04-16-19, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Old 04-17-19, 05:38 AM
Suspended

Reporters in cages? Not sure what the deal is. They are both reporting. Guy on the left must wear a vest. Guy on the right is not in a restricted area.
Old 04-17-19, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

And these are the Presidentís advisers.
Old 04-17-19, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
https://twitter.com/nick_ramsey/stat...12786776469506

I hope someone altered that audio or something. Thatís just creepy.
Old 04-17-19, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, shame on the Dems for liking someone who is intelligent, respectful, hardworking, honest, and all the other good things that Trump is not. It's just crazy!
Old 04-17-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So democrats want to eat up all of Mayor Pete's "stew"... yum? I look forward to the more blatant homophobia to come!
Old 04-17-19, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hadn't even seen Mayor Pete until a staunch Republican friend pointed him out to me in an "I like this guy and would vote for him" kind of way. That kind of attitude has to scare Fox, so I expect him to start to catch up to AOC as far as mentions on Fox go. It's unfortunate for them that there's not much to hit him on so far.
Old 04-18-19, 05:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
Yeah, shame on the Dems for liking someone who is intelligent, respectful, hardworking, honest, and all the other good things that Trump is not. It's just crazy!
Trump has been trolling the media for years while a typical Republicant has folded overnight. I wouldn't call that necessarily stupid. The media gets triggered on a daily basis and yet can't get enough Trump Crack

Respectful, Trump isn't per se, so you got that.

Hardworking...who else could have won the election, calling out haggardly baggage and relentlessly hounding Dems at their hypocrisy. Trump isn't Prez because he's lazy.
Old 04-18-19, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I hadn't even seen Mayor Pete until a staunch Republican friend pointed him out to me in an "I like this guy and would vote for him" kind of way. That kind of attitude has to scare Fox, so I expect him to start to catch up to AOC as far as mentions on Fox go. It's unfortunate for them that there's not much to hit him on so far.
That didn't stop them with Obama! Who wore a bicycle helmet. A fucking bicycle helmet! !
Old 04-18-19, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Trump has been trolling the media for years while a typical Republicant has folded overnight. I wouldn't call that necessarily stupid. The media gets triggered on a daily basis and yet can't get enough Trump Crack

Respectful, Trump isn't per se, so you got that.

Hardworking...who else could have won the election, calling out haggardly baggage and relentlessly hounding Dems at their hypocrisy. Trump isn't Prez because he's lazy.
These are the saddest defenses of Trump so far.

If you want to pretend that being media-savvy is the same thing as being intelligent, have at it, but you're praising the president for being on the same level as a Kardashian.

At least you avoided the honesty topic entirely.

Even if he was working hard during the campaign, that's hardly the case now. And the campaign was essentially going on tour and trotting out his greatest hits for an hour every other night. Now it's all "executive time".
Old 04-18-19, 08:34 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Bernie going on Fox was a very smart move, and I think all of the Dem candidates should do it. They're not going to change the minds of 90% of Fox viewers, to be sure. Hell, even 99.9%, since it's their territory, and the Dems are stuck playing Fox's games... but even if they reach 1 in 1000 people... or 1 in 10,000 even... to show them that Dems aren't a bunch of "radical leftist" Commies.

edit to add: I mean... Even Bernie Sanders is pretty damn tame on the spectrum of political positions. He's left, of course, but he's not nearly as far left as he's painted out to be. The same went for Beto when he was up against Cruz. I regularly saw Texans calling Beto a "radical" (even Cruz said this at least once, in a debate, I think) and... it's just so hard to argue against someone who's already at that level of misunderstanding/misrepresenting a political opponent.

Last edited by Dan; 04-18-19 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-18-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Trump isn't Prez because he's lazy.
This is the most hilarious thing you've ever posted

Between the constant "executive time", running commentary on Fox News segments (which shows he's just watching TV) and frequent trips to his own golf courses and resorts (and paying himself to do it too), you couldn't be more wrong
Old 04-18-19, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Bernie going on Fox was a very smart move, and I think all of the Dem candidates should do it.
Bill Mahr mentioned that a month ago

Old 04-19-19, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. Qanta Ahmed
It's just diabolical that she [Rep. Ilhan Omar] commits yet another violence against the families of the survivors of 9/11 and the families of victims of 9/11...
She is depicting in this diminishment as what I would describe as a profound denial of 9/11...it reminds me of the mentality of Holocaust deniers...
She does an assault on my patients, on all families who are grieving for their survivors...
First off, I think the language Omar used for criticism of Israel was questionable if not irresponsible, and I thought her downplaying of 9/11 was stupid.
With that said, it's interesting that a FOX News political commentator is having a guest on her show, claiming that what Omar said was "violence," and an "assault" on people.
I thought free speech was a conservative issue these days? Prominent conservatives have been making the argument that speech does not equal violence.
And nothing Omar said denied the attacks on 9/11 ever happened.

Laura Ingraham does nothing at all to correct Dr. Ahmed, because obviously it's criticism against a Democrat, the liberals, the other side. Were it someone calling Shapiro/Trump/whoever on the right's speech as violence or an "assault" best believe she'd challenge them.

The link to Dr. Ahmed's twitter.
Check out the first video. Holy shit.
Her wiki bio says she's a doctor specializing on sleep disorders. It's weird then how she puts on a cape for Trump and goes out of her way to slander a Democrat.
Old 04-27-19, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just look at this horseshit.

Apparently Fox had just come back from commercial when this segment started. Insanity.
Old 04-27-19, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just look at this horseshit.

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/...07129707311104

Apparently Fox had just come back from commercial when this segment started. Insanity.
Wow. If you watch this and continue to support Fox News, you are a horrible person.
Old 04-28-19, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post

Wow. If you watch this and continue to support Fox News, you are a horrible person.
Heís claiming it was a legitimate break but no, thatís not how this stuff works. And I donít think he was back on right after the commercial either. Plus they managed to get in the ďTrump knows a JewĒ stuff they love to pull.

Old 05-13-19, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Pirro, another piece of shit

Old 05-13-19, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Trumpers should be worshiping the ground Comey walks on - without his last minute memo on the Clinton investigation, trump would not have won.