Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Old 03-19-19, 10:13 PM
  #551  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,864
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

It’s still wild to me that Kennedy is on fox
BDB is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 04:03 AM
  #552  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Dr. Mantle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,042
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
A man that ignorant to run for Prez, considering his competition of his own Liberal peers...would have to be mentally challenged.

Come back to this post in the future when he tanks in the public.
Your basis for saying that he's mentally challenged is the fact that he's entering a crowded candidate field? There's often a crowded field at the start of the campaign season, so how is this any different? How many candidates should there be before any later candidates are considered "mentally challenged?" Didn't trumpie do the same thing in 2015? Doesn't that make him just as mentally challenged?

I know you can't answer any of the above, so don't bother.

What you should try to do is clarify your ideas before you state them. If people constantly find your posts confusing and stupid, it doesn't make you some 4D chessmaster. It means you write posts that are confusing and stupid.
Dr. Mantle is online now  
Old 03-20-19, 05:36 AM
  #553  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,450
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
Your basis for saying that he's mentally challenged is the fact that he's entering a crowded candidate field? There's often a crowded field at the start of the campaign season, so how is this any different? How many candidates should there be before any later candidates are considered "mentally challenged?" Didn't trumpie do the same thing in 2015? Doesn't that make him just as mentally challenged?

I know you can't answer any of the above, so don't bother.

What you should try to do is clarify your ideas before you state them. If people constantly find your posts confusing and stupid, it doesn't make you some 4D chessmaster. It means you write posts that are confusing and stupid.
I will answer back when Beto drops out.

Didn't mean to upset your favorite choice but he has no chance. None. And to try and draw similarities between 2015 demonstrates your ignorance of what's going on.

Just wait a little while. I will gwt back to you on this involuntary revelation to be.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 07:51 AM
  #554  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,001
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I will answer back when Beto drops out.

Didn't mean to upset your favorite choice but he has no chance. None. And to try and draw similarities between 2015 demonstrates your ignorance of what's going on.

Just wait a little while. I will gwt back to you on this involuntary revelation to be.
Beto may have little or no chance of winning, but please explain your original comment that he is mentally challenged? I still don't understand the basis for your comment.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 08:32 AM
  #555  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,450
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
Beto may have little or no chance of winning, but please explain your original comment that he is mentally challenged? I still don't understand the basis for your comment.
You're right. Thinking about it again, he's just extremely tunnel-visioned (by choice) as anything else would give him an excuse.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 08:47 AM
  #556  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 31,452
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
You're right. Thinking about it again, he's just extremely tunnel-visioned (by choice) as anything else would give him an excuse.
Beto is easily as “qualified” as Trump was. And he doesn’t have the history of lying, cheating, racism and misogyny that Trump did.

That’s the problem with electing Trump - no one can ever say that people must be a certain way or have a certain background or qualifications to win. There used to be at least SOME standards. Trump and his supporters got rid of all of that.
Draven is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 09:10 AM
  #557  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Baron Of Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle and sometimes hell
Posts: 5,960
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Are these Fox bobbleheads willfully ignorant or just plain stupid? This Pavlich girl doubles down on her idiocy thinking that she's completely right, when in fact she's completely wrong.
I have no doubt she is stupid but in this case she is lying. There is absolute zero chance that someone in her network hasn't corrected her or that she hasn't looked it up. Her initial statement could have been a mistake but the fact she continues to spread her disinformation instead of correcting herself makes her a liar. It seems to work for trump.
Baron Of Hell is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 10:46 AM
  #558  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Cellar Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,489
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Draven View Post


That’s the problem with electing Trump - no one can ever say that people must be a certain way or have a certain background or qualifications to win. There used to be at least SOME standards. Trump and his supporters got rid of all of that.
Exactly. The Democrats could run a turd sandwich against him and the Republicans would have no way to criticize it without being complete hypocrites. But, who are we kidding? Of course they're going to be complete hypocrites.
Cellar Door is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 11:19 AM
  #559  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 15,523
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
Exactly. The Democrats could run a turd sandwich against him and the Republicans would have no way to criticize it without being complete hypocrites. But, who are we kidding? Of course they're going to be complete hypocrites.
That might actually cause a lot of confusion.
Bronkster is online now  
Old 03-20-19, 11:23 AM
  #560  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,358
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
"originally"? Get the fuck out of here with this shit! Just scroll up for the proof - YOU brought it up, the link I posted was only in response to YOUR post which brought up the roast first. You do know the posts are in order, with post #s and time-stamps, right?

Damn, it's like you've picked up pointers at being dishonest from trump; flatly lying about things that are in plain sight.
First, you need to calm down because you have some serious issues in the way you deal with people here. I don't know what is going on in your personal life, and maybe this is your way to vent (you do this in other forums too), but take a deep breath before you post here everyday (As I just remembered why I ignore you all the time because you can't control yourself with most of your posts). My point was referring to that you were the first to link the story about 'behind the scenes of Trump Roast.' Of course I was the first to mention it, but the debate was about the 'behind the scenes' stuff and that was first posted by you.
coli is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 11:32 AM
  #561  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 31,452
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by coli View Post
First, you need to calm down because you have some serious issues in the way you deal with people here. I don't know what is going on in your personal life, and maybe this is your way to vent (you do this in other forums too), but take a deep breath before you post here everyday (As I just remembered why I ignore you all the time because you can't control yourself with most of your posts). My point was referring to that you were the first to link the story about 'behind the scenes of Trump Roast.' Of course I was the first to mention it, but the debate was about the 'behind the scenes' stuff and that was first posted by you.
Unnecessary self-help advice aside, you technically "started" this by using the roast as an example that Trump has a sense of humor about himself (again, he doesn't). The link was posted to help refute that.
Draven is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 11:37 AM
  #562  
Moderator
 
wendersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Nuova Repubblica di Salò
Posts: 32,774
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

(Not directed at anyone in particular):

Mod note: maybe we should all calm down.
wendersfan is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 02:00 PM
  #563  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,885
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by coli View Post
First, you need to calm down because you have some serious issues in the way you deal with people here.
No, just people who deal in bullshit. And I'm perfectly calm (note to mods). People tend to twist what they read to fit their own mood, so if you think otherwise, that's on you, not me.
I don't know what is going on in your personal life, and maybe this is your way to vent (you do this in other forums too)
Speaking of dealing in bullshit, please back this up with some links if you're going to attack me personally like this. Because make no mistake, painting me as being unstable and blaming my personal life for it, and saying I do so elsewhere, is a flat out personal attack on me and my character - when I say you're full of shit, that's an attack on WHAT you say, not who you are, like you just did to me - maybe it's you who should step back and look at why you keep posting such disingenuous drivel that many here, not just me, keep pointing out to you.
slop101 is offline  
Old 03-20-19, 02:07 PM
  #564  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 20,163
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
No, just people who deal in bullshit. And I'm perfectly calm (note to mods). People tend to twist what they read to fit their own mood, so if you think otherwise, that's on you, not me.

Speaking of dealing in bullshit, please back this up with some links if you're going to attack me personally like this. Because make no mistake, painting me as being unstable and blaming my personal life for it, and saying I do so elsewhere, is a flat out personal attack on me and my character - when I say you're full of shit, that's an attack on WHAT you say, not who you are, like you just did to me - maybe it's you who should step back and look at why you keep posting such disingenuous drivel that many here, not just me, keep pointing out to you.
Yup. People skate the line all the time - an issue in itself - but this was obvious to me, too. Really pathetic.

Dan is offline  
Old 03-21-19, 01:55 AM
  #565  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Dr. Mantle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,042
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I will answer back when Beto drops out.
I already said you didn't have to 'cause we both know you never will.

Didn't mean to upset your favorite choice but he has no chance. None. And to try and draw similarities between 2015 demonstrates your ignorance of what's going on.
He's not my favorite choice. When did I say that?

Just wait a little while. I will gwt back to you on this involuntary revelation to be.
"Involuntary revelation to be?" What does that mean? It's a great example of what I said earlier about confusing and stupid. I actually tried Googling the phrase "involuntary revelation to be," and literally the only hit was for some anime fanfiction.

I think what you're trying to say is that there's some deep, dark secret about Beto that will wreck his campaign. If you know something, why not share it? Or is it more unsubstantiated conspiracy theory? Weren't you warned about that crap? Or maybe I'm just confused because your word salad posts are confusing.
Dr. Mantle is online now  
Old 03-21-19, 08:22 AM
  #566  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,450
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
I already said you didn't have to 'cause we both know you never will.



He's not my favorite choice. When did I say that?



"Involuntary revelation to be?" What does that mean? It's a great example of what I said earlier about confusing and stupid. I actually tried Googling the phrase "involuntary revelation to be," and literally the only hit was for some anime fanfiction.

I think what you're trying to say is that there's some deep, dark secret about Beto that will wreck his campaign. If you know something, why not share it? Or is it more unsubstantiated conspiracy theory? Weren't you warned about that crap? Or maybe I'm just confused because your word salad posts are confusing.
You're over-thinking my commentary.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-21-19, 08:26 AM
  #567  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,450
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
Exactly. The Democrats could run a turd sandwich against him and the Republicans would have no way to criticize it without being complete hypocrites. But, who are we kidding? Of course they're going to be complete hypocrites.
Hypocrisy was never a big obstacle to being a successful politician, let alone, President (or VP, etc.).

You could run a turd, and imo, we have several already, however in order to win...the focus must be on the issues...not Trump.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-22-19, 11:13 AM
  #568  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,802
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

dex14 is offline  
Old 03-23-19, 05:59 PM
  #569  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,583
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Yeah, that's HIGHLY irresponsible to call her a terrorist.

It makes sense though that she'd have D'Souza on that segment. He's the same guy that wrote a book entitled "The Roots of Obama's Rage."
brayzie is offline  
Old 03-29-19, 02:51 PM
  #570  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Red Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,312
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Don't mind that the bullshit this guy is spewing on national TV is 100% untrue and has 0 sources to back it up

Red Hood is offline  
Old 03-29-19, 03:21 PM
  #571  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 46,891
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

And they got a black guy to say it, so it must be true.
inri222 is offline  
Old 03-29-19, 04:20 PM
  #572  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,263
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Going on Fox News as a black person going out of your way to lie to diss black people puts you in a special category of bootlickers.

Last edited by cungar; 03-29-19 at 04:40 PM.
cungar is offline  
Old 03-29-19, 05:17 PM
  #573  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,450
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Going on Fox News as a black person going out of your way to lie to diss black people puts you in a special category of bootlickers.
He isn't dissing Black people.

But I'm not surprised you would situate this Black person's commentary in the back of the bus.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-29-19, 05:18 PM
  #574  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,450
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
And they got a black guy to say it, so it must be true.
You get white people to say things, and they still aren't true (pointing and Pencil Neckman).

Might try a different line of arguing, by possibly reducing it to facts versus color.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-29-19, 05:34 PM
  #575  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana. No preferred pronouns
Posts: 13,464
Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)


mspmms is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.