Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Shooting At TN Naval Recruiting Building

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Shooting At TN Naval Recruiting Building

Old 07-24-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 681 Likes on 436 Posts
Re: Shooting At TN Naval Recruiting Building

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Why isn't this incident being investigated as a Hate Crime. From the FBI's own website:

But yet the SC Church Shooter was instantly labeled rather conveniently.

Is Islam above the laws of the US?
Once again, he was "instantly labeled" because he specifically told everyone why he was doing what he was doing. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?
Old 07-24-15, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reverse racism, man!
Old 07-24-15, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,228 Likes on 879 Posts

Why isn't this incident being investigated as a Hate Crime. From the FBI's own website:

But yet the SC Church Shooter was instantly labeled rather conveniently.

Is Islam above the laws of the US?
1. He's dead. He won't be charged with a hate crime, so there's really no need to go in that direction.

2. He targeted the military, which is neither a race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, nor disability.
Old 07-24-15, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts

So if the two locations were Islamic-based you're saying he would have targeted them anyway.

Interesting.
Old 07-24-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

And now Jeh Johnson doesn't want ISIS referred to as Islamic Extremists.

What. The. Fuck.
Old 07-24-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 643 Likes on 500 Posts

Old 07-24-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bummer. I thought that was an animated gif.
Old 07-24-15, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 681 Likes on 436 Posts

So if the two locations were Islamic-based you're saying he would have targeted them anyway.

Interesting.
What is so hard? A white guy shoots up a black church after saying he wants to get rid of the black people. That's pretty obviously a racist attack.

What did this guy say about his motivations? You can easily use that to determine why he did what he did.
Old 07-24-15, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...aring-war.html

"Whosoever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, then I have declared war against him."
"He felt Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia were not doing enough to help, and that they were heavily influenced by the United States," said the friend who received the text message.
Abdulazeez had purchased three guns on armslist.com after returning from Jordan, including an AK-74, an AR-15, and a Saiga 12, his friends said. They said he also owned a 9mm and a .22 caliber hand guns.
The night before the attack, just after 10 p.m., the friend received a text from Abdulazeez with this link to a Hadith, or Islamic teaching: http://sunnah.com/nawawi40/3</a>
Nothing to see here, people. Move on.

The US has a DHS head who refuses to assign religious prejudice as it is. He doesn't want say to say ISIS is part of Islamic practices because it might give Islam a bad name.

There are probably a lot more incriminating texts, emails, and statements but I doubt we'll get to see or hear them, as the US wants this to quietly go away.

Also, I wonder if the Department Of Justice is going to fork out millions to the families of those military personnel who were killed. Think they will? I doubt it.
Old 07-24-15, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You're like willfully dense, huh.

Old 07-24-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Speaking of the density spectrum, you're telling us there is no Islamic extremist connection with these killings.
Old 07-24-15, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaking of the density spectrum, you're telling us there is no Islamic extremist connection with these killings.
I don't know. The dude that committed the acts of violence is dead. The stupid white kid in SC is alive and has already confessed to what he did. He hates black people and killed them, because they were black at a church where black folks tend to congregate. He's already confessed and he has a written manifesto. The motive has been established. They're adding the hate crime special circumstance to it.

You're assuming too much. Even the highlighted quotes you posted have no evidence of a hate crime. You can allude to it if you want, but the way I understand it, it has to be in absolute terms. "Hey, I'm going to kill someone, because of their sexual orientation." Guess what, if that happens then that's a hate crime and murder. Not a text to someone saying I'm going to do something bad against my enemy and the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

Now if the guy lived and said I killed those people, because they were Christian then yes, that's a hate crime. Infidels and Christians are not the same in context under a hate crime.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 07-24-15 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-25-15, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Then we got this happening in New York:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...ecurity-scare/

Family seen holding<s> assault weapons</s>.
Paintball guns.
Old 07-25-15, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Obviously knew this immediately when the incident happened. Even before!
Old 07-25-15, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by crazyronin View Post
Paintball guns.
I get my news from Donald Trump.

Old 08-06-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi View Post
The local police have already said it wasn't Islamic terrorism, so you can take that to the bank.
Hooray due diligence!
Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, the gunman who allegedly killed four Marines and a Navy sailor last week in Tennessee, had downloaded audio recordings of Anwar al-Awlaki, the American-Yemeni cleric who was a recruiter for al Qaeda, law enforcement officials told NBC News.

The gunman also had CDs of al-Awlaki's sermons, the officials said. Al-Awlaki was killed by an American drone strike in Yemen in 2011.

A law enforcement official also told NBC News that Abdulazeez's uncle in Jordan is believed to be "radical" and officials are investigating whether he influenced Abdulazeez when he was living there. Abdulazeez traveled to Jordan from April to November 2014.

The uncle has been detained in Jordan since the day after the attack, a lawyer there told The Associated Press. Computers and phones were taken from the man's home, but he has not been charged, the lawyer said.

Investigators are trying to determine the motive behind the deadly rampage. Abdulazeez, 24, was killed in a shootout with police during the attack on a reserve center. Abdulazeez's family said he had been depressed for years.

The law enforcement officials told NBC News that investigators are looking into whether at least two acquaintances in Tennessee knew of Abdulazeez's plans in the months before the attack.

Investigators in Chattanooga, the officials said, are also trying to determine whether two acquaintances who went with Abdulazeez to buy ammunition were aware of his plans.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/cha...ls-say-n395986
Old 11-16-15, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

When people are getting murdered, it's important that we not hurt anyone's feelings:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/f...eased-35190511

FBI: Motive in Chattanooga Shooting May Never Be Released

Nov 13, 2015,

The public may never know what motivated a 24-year-old Chattanooga man to kill four Marines and a sailor in an attack on Chattanooga's U.S. Naval and Marine Reserve Center last July.

Investigators have said Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez was a homegrown violent extremist but have not offered more details about what motivated the attack that began at a military recruiting center and ended when Abdulazeez was shot to death by police who followed him to the reserve center.

"We're still trying to make sure we understand Abdulazeez, his motivations and associations, in a really good way," FBI Director James Comey told reporters during a visit to Nashville's FBI field office on Friday.

Comey said he understands the public interest in the shooting, but he did not know whether there would ever be a public report on it.

"Sometimes the way we investigate requires us to keep information secret. That's a good thing. We don't want to smear people," he said.

Comey also praised Tennessee for being one of 16 states that uses the National Incident-Based Reporting System to collect crime data.

"You and I can find how many books are sold on Amazon by any author, but we do not have similar capability at the national level with respect to crime," he said. That includes data about police use of force.

"I'm trying to get the entire country to move to be like Tennessee," he said. "My goal is to be at that place within five years, and we will have far better conversations in this country about crime."

One of the questions the FBI currently can't answer is why homicides have increased in many of America's large cities this year. "It's a complicated topic, but we really have to figure it out because people are actually dying," Comey said.

Speaking of recent outrage over sometimes deadly confrontations between white officers and black civilians, Comey said he wants his agency to contribute to a conversation that brings law enforcement and the communities it protects closer together.

Comey said it is important for officers to be able to imagine the perspective of a "19-year-old African American young man walking home from the library who has done nothing wrong and encounters one of us."