Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Sketch Factor - racist app?

Old 08-11-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Sketch Factor - racist app?

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Perhaps if we could have cheerleaders dance down the streets in these bad neighborhoods holding signs with Bible scriptures the citizens would see the errors of their ways?
Keep it alive, my friend.

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
My immediate thought as to the value of the app was people that are on vacation in a new area and want to know where (and where not) to go. Also how the same vacationers could plan any routes to get from here to there. Not everything that a person needs to know is spelled out on a map or pre-printed guidebook.
That was my thought as well. For a small town hick, I would definitely use something like this. Well, I would, but if it kept me from going to an area where I saw a black person, I'd go anyway just to prove how enlightened I am.
Old 08-11-14, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
If you need an app to tell you to avoid an area, you are going to get mugged, because you an idiot with no street smarts. I've walked around all kinds of neighborhoods and never once have I been mugged.
I'm sure that the multiple scars from broken beer bottle encounters, the gang patches, & the full-on facial tattoo had nothing to do with it.

Now, if you looked like Paul Kersey, it would be game on.

http://i.imgur.com/tgRHYzv.png
Old 08-11-14, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Perhaps if we could have cheerleaders dance down the streets in these bad neighborhoods holding signs with Bible scriptures the citizens would see the errors of their ways?
Amen!
Old 08-12-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need an app to tell you to avoid an area, you are going to get mugged, because you an idiot with no street smarts. I've walked around all kinds of neighborhoods and never once have I been mugged.
Bit of blaming the victim, there.
Old 08-13-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 100 Likes on 55 Posts

I've walked around all kinds of neighborhoods and never once have I been mugged.
Maybe it's because you look homeless.
Old 08-13-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pfft, everyone knows that librarians are poor.