Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

12 year old girl hangs herself to see her dead father again.

Old 11-08-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

12 year old girl hangs herself to see her dead father again.

Girl, 12, hangs herself and leaves a note for her mother saying she wanted to see her dead father again because she 'missed him so much'

A schoolgirl has killed herself because she was desperate to be reunited with her dead father in heaven.
Maria Kislo, 12, was discovered hanging in her room by her mother Monika, 35, when she went to read her a bedtime story.
Next to the tragic youngster's body was a short note saying: 'Dear Mum. Please don't be sad. I just miss daddy so much, I want to see him again.'

Her doting father Arek died suddenly in 2009 after a massive heart attack.
Distraught Ms Kislo, 35, from Leszno, Poland, said: 'Five years ago I lost my husband Arek, this year my daughter. I donít know if I can go on, and I wouldn't if it was not for my son,' she said.

She didn't seem unhappy. She didn't have problems at school and she seemed a happy little girl.
'I had no idea she missed her father so much, she never really spoke about it,' she added.

She called her son Michal, 13, who cut the body down.
But it was too late to save the schoolgirl who died at the scene.
Pictures have emerged of a smiling Maria, taken four years ago, spending time with her beloved father.
The happy looking child had been taken horse riding four years ago by her father shortly before he died.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2k6HhwnwE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Such a sad story and re-affirms my belief we shouldn't teach children about religion or the theory of life after death till a later age. If she didn't know about heaven this tragedy might have been averted.
Old 11-08-13, 05:47 PM

Re: 12 year old girl hangs herself to see her dead father again.

Pretty shocking to hear about this...I mean, what 12-year-old is still getting read bedtime stories?
Old 11-08-13, 05:52 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

please Otter... no Gallows humor.
Old 11-08-13, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
Such a sad story and re-affirms my belief we shouldn't teach children about religion or the theory of life after death till a later age. If she didn't know about heaven this tragedy might have been averted.
The irony is that suicide is a mortal sin to Christians. So this little girl is burning in hell. If her father is actually in heaven, they weren't reunited.
Old 11-08-13, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Originally Posted by taffer View Post
The irony is that suicide is a mortal sin to Christians. So this little girl is burning in hell. If her father is actually in heaven, they weren't reunited.
I'm not sure all Christians believe that.

But if they don't they're not Christians.

Old 11-08-13, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by movielib View Post
Really?

"Thou shall not kill" is one of the Ten Commandments. That includes killing yourself.

Or maybe the girl had time to pray to Jesus while she was hanging and ask for forgiveness before she died. Because you know as long as you ask for forgiveness anything can be forgiven. Even Hitler could have been forgiven. Imagine that. Hitler could be in heaven. Its such a wonderful place where Hitler could be your next door neighbor.
Old 11-08-13, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But if they don't they're not Christians.

Adultery and greed are also interchangeable with this.
Old 11-08-13, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Imagine that. Hitler could be in heaven. Its such a wonderful place where Hitler could be your next door neighbor.
I really hope not. I don't like living next to dogs.
Old 11-08-13, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What a waste... Another young life snuffed out, a pretty white blond girl is gone because of the 'crime' of organized religion. taffer's comments just show the absurd hypocrisy of the whole thing.
Old 11-08-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Really?

"Thou shall not kill" is one of the Ten Commandments. That includes killing yourself.
Here's a Christian who thinks one can get away with it:

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....ical-analysis/

I'm sure there are more.
Old 11-08-13, 08:08 PM
Banned

Here's a Christian who thinks one can get away with it:

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....ical-analysis/

I'm sure there are more.
From that article:

Once a person is saved, that is born-again, there is no way that they will ever be lost again. Not only that, they will not lose the reward of heaven and being in the presence of Jesus Christ.
So a person could be saved and then go on a mass serial killing rampage and it won't matter. They're still going to heaven. There are plenty of people that have committed murder because they truly believed God told them to do it. Its absolutely amazing and scary the things people will rationalize in the name of religion.
Old 11-08-13, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Very sad, especially since she won't be seeing her dad.
Old 11-08-13, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did you hear about the Polish girl who hung herself so she could see her dead father again?
Old 11-08-13, 09:15 PM
Banned by request

Sounds like there's more to that story than we're being told. A 12-year old should be able to understand death in a more sophisticated way than a 5-year old.
Old 11-08-13, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is probably an urban legend.
Old 11-08-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Christians don't believe that but Catholics do.

So a person could be saved and then go on a mass serial killing rampage and it won't matter. They're still going to heaven. There are plenty of people that have committed murder because they truly believed God told them to do it. Its absolutely amazing and scary the things people will rationalize in the name of religion.
I don't know about that. What constitutes "plenty"?

As for person being saved and going on a mass serial killing rampage and not mattering is NOT Biblical. But I can understand that someone who is anti-Christian would want to believe something that attempts to portray Christianity in a poor light.
Old 11-08-13, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A few points in response to religious comments:
  1. Catholics are Christians.
  2. According to Catholic doctrine, people who commit suicide do NOT necessarily go to hell.
  3. Absolute assurance of salvation (aka "once saved, always saved") is an idea endorsed by some Protestants, but not others. And the idea runs contrary to Catholic doctrine.

Last edited by Ghostbuster; 11-09-13 at 12:50 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-08-13, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I don't know about that. What constitutes "plenty"?

As for person being saved and going on a mass serial killing rampage and not mattering is NOT Biblical. But I can understand that someone who is anti-Christian would want to believe something that attempts to portray Christianity in a poor light.
I'm not specifically anti-Christian, but just anti-religion in general. That's why I said people rationalize crap in the name of religion, not just Christianity.

As for "plenty" of people committing murder in the name of religion, I don't know any specific serial killers that have done so, but I have heard of a few of them doing so but that's just hearsay.

However, many of these Al-Qaeda type terrorists do their shit in the name of religion. Its not just limited to Islam. Many wars have been fought in the name of Christianity such as the Crusades of the Middle Ages.

Or shit like the Salem Witch Trials were also done in the name of religion.

Hell, even the whole American "Manifest Destiny" bullshit was the claim that it was our God-given right to take the land from the Native Americans and make it our own.

Religion is responsible for a lot of the most evil bullshit throughout history.
Old 11-09-13, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not specifically anti-Christian, but just anti-religion in general. That's why I said people rationalize crap in the name of religion, not just Christianity.

As for "plenty" of people committing murder in the name of religion, I don't know any specific serial killers that have done so, but I have heard of a few of them doing so but that's just hearsay.

However, many of these Al-Qaeda type terrorists do their shit in the name of religion. Its not just limited to Islam. Many wars have been fought in the name of Christianity such as the Crusades of the Middle Ages.

Hell, even the whole American "Manifest Destiny" bullshit was the claim that it was our God-given right to take the land from the Native Americans and make it our own.

I think you're blaming religion for normal human behavior. There have also been wars over thrones, and murders of passion. Religion is often just a handy way for people to differentiate between 'us' and 'them'.
Old 11-09-13, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is probably an urban legend.
I thought it was a banning offense to re post dailymail stories here.

more to the story:

I found a few Polish on-line articles about the 12-year-old who hanged herself. They seem to be consistent with each other and make more sense than the one in English you linked to. I think you’ve been had.
First and foremost, there was no suicide note. Maria’s motivations are a mystery. The police are investigating her computer and diaries, but refrain from commenting on any clues they may have found so far. Secondly, Maria’s father didn’t die of a heart attack, but was brutally shot to death by his new girlfriend’s brother-in-law in 2009, about six months after Maria’s parents’ divorce. Thirdly, Maria’s mother wasn’t going to read a bedtime story to a 12-year-old, but just started wondering why the girl was staying so long alone in her room supposedly reading a book.
I didn’t see any mention of religion or afterlife in the Polish reports. Someone called Grzegorz Kowalski commented on the article you linked to, introducing himself as Marysia’s uncle and accusing the author [at the Mirror] of lying. Of course, I have no way to check his identity, but at least his comment is consistent with the Polish media articles.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...bably-made-up/

Last edited by covenant; 11-09-13 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-09-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And it ties in to just about every atrocity. For example : remember those "Godless communist" Koreans & Vietnamese that the US needed to go to Asia and wipe out in the 50's, 60's & 70's.
Old 11-09-13, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
And it ties in to just about every atrocity. For example : remember those "Godless communist" Koreans & Vietnamese that the US needed to go to Asia and wipe out in the 50's, 60's & 70's.
Not really. I hate organized religion as much as the next atheist but you can't lay everything at its feet. Japan's atrocities in China, China's during the cultural revolution, Stalin's genocides, etc. That's several millions of brutal deaths right there in the last 100 years you can't blame on religion. I'm sure I could think of many more if I thought about. Hell, even the Nazi's atrocities, even though they also targeted a specific religion, you can't say they were caused because of an organized religion.
Old 11-09-13, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
Unless she was lock up in her house, home isn't the only place anyone would learn about religions, life or death. It's not as if she wouldn't be able to search such material online herself.
There is little teaching today with social media and kids with their faces glued to smart phones and tablets.
Old 11-09-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
I think you're blaming religion for normal human behavior. There have also been wars over thrones, and murders of passion. Religion is often just a handy way for people to differentiate between 'us' and 'them'.
It is not normal human behavior to blow yourself up in a crowd of children. It is not normal human behavior to force girls to go everywhere in burlap sacks and beat them (or worse) if they express a desire to learn to read. It is not normal human behavior to withhold medicine from your dying child, even though you know that it will save his life. It is not normal human behavior to murder people whose interpretation of a book is different from yours.
Old 11-09-13, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dork View Post
It is not normal human behavior to blow yourself up in a crowd of children. It is not normal human behavior to force girls to go everywhere in burlap sacks and beat them (or worse) if they express a desire to learn to read. It is not normal human behavior to withhold medicine from your dying child, even though you know that it will save his life. It is not normal human behavior to murder people whose interpretation of a book is different from yours.
Considering everything that has been done without religion's sanction you could argue that is normal and that "god" is just a convienent excuse.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.