Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Old 10-02-13, 01:11 AM
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,490
Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Having battled a porn addiction for nine years myself, and suffered emotional problems for most of my life, I was really attracted to the victory this woman has had with her quest to reveal the truth about the "adult entertainment" industry, and free others from it through unconditional love. Her testimony covers a lot of aspects, including drugs, alcohol, prostitution, single parenthood, STDs, and ultimately the power of God.




Thread moved by moderator from Other forum.

Last edited by Pharoh; 10-02-13 at 10:33 AM.
moviefan2k4 is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 01:16 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 17,006
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

I liked her in Bra Busters 2.


Seriously, are you going to start posting random youtube videos as new threads again which already got you thrown out of the politics forum?
Rockmjd23 is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 01:19 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
atrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 440
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
I liked her in Bra Busters 2.


Seriously, are you going to start posting random youtube videos as new threads again which already got you thrown out of the politics forum?


I was kinda hoping on coming in this thread to be inspired, but this is just bible thumping recruitment.
atrium is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 01:21 AM
  #4  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,490
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
I liked her in Bra Busters 2.


Seriously, are you going to start posting random youtube videos as new threads again which already got you thrown out of the politics forum?
I am not going to stop discussing subjects I believe are important, just because a select few choose to become arbitrarily offended. I'm not breaking any written site rules, and I'm not being malicious. I explained why I like this particular clip, which is less than ten minutes long.
moviefan2k4 is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 01:28 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 17,006
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Good, well I'm sure you're aware that her alleged experiences in the adult industry have been discredited. There's a documentary on youtube about her nonsense. I highly recommend it.
Rockmjd23 is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 03:25 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,146
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
Having battled a porn addiction for nine years
9yrs you was jerking off to porn?

Which movies you blew your load over? Please provide a short review along with a wet summary.

Have you seen Daisy Does Moses?
Sonic is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 03:46 AM
  #7  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,490
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by antspawn View Post
9yrs you was jerking off to porn?

Which movies you blew your load over? Please provide a short review along with a wet summary.

Have you seen Daisy Does Moses?
Never heard of it, and its a subject I will not go into detail about. Suffice it to say that I battled it, and reached a point where the temporary highs I felt were no longer worth the condemnation and shame I felt afterward. I still face lustful thoughts on a daily basis (anyone who says they don't is a liar), but I haven't gone back to the way I was before.

As for Mrs. Lubben's testimony being discredited, I assume you're referring to "The Devil and Shelley Lubben", which was a film made by porn advocate Michael Whiteacre. Let me say that again...porn advocate. Do you honestly think anyone who deliberately endorses porn will admit to the working conditions Shelley mentions in her testimony, when they're making tons of money off it? Of course not.

Last edited by moviefan2k4; 10-02-13 at 03:51 AM.
moviefan2k4 is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 04:34 AM
  #8  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Llama School
Posts: 6,539
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
I still face lustful thoughts on a daily basis (anyone who says they don't is a liar)
Who the hell would lie about that?

Looks like this porn whore found an easier way to make money. Gullible Fundies.
Lt Ripley is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 06:18 AM
  #9  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,584
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
Having battled a porn addiction for nine years myself
What the heck is a porn addiction? You can be addicted to drugs or alcohol, but porn? It has no addictive qualities. Every man in the world loves sex. That's perfectly natural. If you can't stop watching porn, its not because there is anything addictive about it that keeps you watching (like there is with cigarettes). You just have no self-control.

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
I explained why I like this particular clip, which is less than ten minutes long.
Its 9:59, a whole one second less than ten minutes.

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
Suffice it to say that I battled it, and reached a point where the temporary highs I felt were no longer worth the condemnation and shame I felt afterward.
Those temporary highs are called an orgasm, and they are perfectly natural. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
Let me say that again...porn advocate. Do you honestly think anyone who deliberately endorses porn will admit to the working conditions Shelley mentions in her testimony, when they're making tons of money off it? Of course not.
And this video is made by a religious Bible-thumping advocate. Do you honestly think anyone who deliberately endorses Bible-thumping will admit to their BS when they're making tons of money off it? Of course not.

Last edited by taffer; 10-02-13 at 06:23 AM.
taffer is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 06:24 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: currently Philly originally from Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,896
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

I just want to understand something. So a religious advocate has more credibility than a porn advocate? Why they are both equally biased. Both have self interests, so why is 1 advocate better than the other? Just because one agrees with the OP?
BuddhaWake is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 06:37 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,012
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

I'll have to look for some of her old movies.

I love to jerk off to the old scenes of porn stars who become Jesus freaks.
Josh-da-man is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 06:44 AM
  #12  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,490
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by taffer View Post
What the heck is a porn addiction? You can be addicted to drugs or alcohol, but porn? It has no addictive qualities. Every man in the world loves sex. That's perfectly natural. If you can't stop watching porn, its not because there is anything addictive about it that keeps you watching (like there is with cigarettes). You just have no self-control.
The biggest lie about any addiction is "I can stop any time I want". Any voluntary activity has the potential for addiction; porn's no exception.

Its 9:59, a whole one second less than ten minutes.
I wasn't paying close attention to the timer, just looking for a short clip so people wouldn't whine about longer ones.

Those temporary highs are called an orgasm, and they are perfectly natural. Nothing to be ashamed of.
I don't expect nonbelievers to understand lots of spiritual issues, because they're often willfully ignorant. I couldn't stand treating women like objects anymore, in my mind or heart.

And this video is made by a religious Bible-thumping advocate. Do you honestly think anyone who deliberately endorses Bible-thumping will admit to their BS when they're making tons of money off it? Of course not.
Actually, she's an advocate of freeing people from pornography who want out, with unconditional love. Just because someone's a Christian, it doesn't mean they hate people, or use the Bible to hide hypocrisy.
moviefan2k4 is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 07:06 AM
  #13  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,584
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
The biggest lie about any addiction is "I can stop any time I want". Any voluntary activity has the potential for addiction; porn's no exception.
A lot of "addictions" aren't really addictions per se.

Drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol have actual substances in them to make them addictive.

Porn and video game addictions aren't real addictions. There is no actual substance in them that is addictive. If you can't stop, its simply because you lack self-control. Saying you're addicted and can't help it is just putting the blame anywhere but to yourself.

I wasn't paying close attention to the timer, just looking for a short clip so people wouldn't whine about longer ones.
I didn't watch the video. The still image in your original post clearly shows 9:59. So as long as you have even basic rudimentary observation abilities, you can see how long it is.

I don't expect nonbelievers to understand lots of spiritual issues, because they're often willfully ignorant.
The irony is heavy here.

I couldn't stand treating women like objects anymore, in my mind or heart.
Treating women like objects isn't just a spiritual matter, its ethical. (They aren't the same thing.) Millions of non-religious people don't like treating women poorly because it isn't ethical. The Golden Rule wasn't founded by Christians. The Golden Rule exists in nearly all societies worldwide, of every religion and in non-religious societies as well.

Actually, she's an advocate of freeing people from pornography who want out, with unconditional love. Just because someone's a Christian, it doesn't mean they hate people, or use the Bible to hide hypocrisy.
The point was that her claim as a former porn actress was disproven. That much at least is a hidden agenda for her religious propaganda.
taffer is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 07:10 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,384
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

I have no idea who she is so I have no reason to click on the video.

But I am curious about how she frees porn people through "unconditional love." Is it really, truly unconditional?
TomOpus is online now  
Old 10-02-13, 07:15 AM
  #15  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,584
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I have no idea who she is so I have no reason to click on the video.

But I am curious about how she frees porn people through "unconditional love." Is it really, truly unconditional?
Probably about as unconditional as God's love is.

"I will love you so long as you obey and worship me. Otherwise, BURN IN HELL!"
taffer is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 07:28 AM
  #16  
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: In mourning
Posts: 26,284
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Moved to more proper forum, where all religious discussion belongs.



Friendly reminder, please do not engage members/former members who can not participate.
Pharoh is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 07:33 AM
  #17  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 3,323
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Is porn addiction a real thing, and what is the normal amount of time to look at porn and not just porn I guess pictures of women online. And if I have saved nude pictures on my hard drive of pics exes took is that considered porn?
PenguinJoe is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 07:34 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,546
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
Moved to more proper forum, where all religious discussion belongs.



Friendly reminder, please do not engage members/former members who can not participate.
Maybe those members shouldn't start this type of thread willfully in the wrong forum?
DirkUSA is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 07:46 AM
  #19  
Admin-Thanos
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,523
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
Is porn addiction a real thing, and what is the normal amount of time to look at porn and not just porn I guess pictures of women online. And if I have saved nude pictures on my hard drive of pics exes took is that considered porn?
You can get addicted to anything. I think it's when it alters your daily life negatively that it becomes an issue.

A lot of people are way too hung up on their own sexuality though and just having normal human thoughts makes them feel guilty. I feel bad for those people.
VinVega is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 08:24 AM
  #20  
RIP
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,637
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

She has nice jugs. I jerked off to this video.
EddieMoney is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 08:39 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,577
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
Moved to more proper forum, where all religious discussion belongs.



Friendly reminder, please do not engage members/former members who can not participate.


Moved to a forum where he can no longer participate in his own thread.

I didn't watch the video. I will only say women are objectified in many more ways than overt sexual exploitation in porn movies. For example the Christian male fantasy you often hear of a woman who gives herself completely to her husband and whose primary concern is his comfort and pleasure.
Nausicaa is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 09:26 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18,735
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
As for Mrs. Lubben's testimony being discredited, I assume you're referring to "The Devil and Shelley Lubben", which was a film made by porn advocate Michael Whiteacre. Let me say that again...porn advocate.
DaveyJoe is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 09:27 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 12,921
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I love to jerk off to the old scenes of porn stars who become Jesus freaks.
As long as we're doing confessions I have to admit that love to jerk to the porn stars who are no longer alive.
Timber is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 09:31 AM
  #24  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Jesus fucking Christ. There comes a point where someone is just being annoying as hell. Just ban him. I don't give a fuck that he has asperger's. He KNOWS what he is doing and being ignorant to how his actions have ruined the vibe this forum has been fucking losing go goddamn quickly. He bears no damn sensible logic. I swear, it's like mods don't know how to talk to him for him to get it. Which he can't.
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 10-02-13, 09:33 AM
  #25  
RIP
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,637
Re: Fomer Porn Actress Shelley Lubben Seeks To Free Others

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Jesus fucking Christ. There comes a point where someone is just being annoying as hell. Just ban him. I don't give a fuck that he has asperger's. He KNOWS what he is doing and being ignorant to how his actions have ruined the vibe this forum has been fucking losing go goddamn quickly. He bears no damn sensible logic. I swear, it's like mods don't know how to talk to him for him to get it. Which he can't.
This may be true, but you have to admit the whore in the OP has some nice jugs.

Would tit fuck.
EddieMoney is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.