Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

FL - 16-Year-Old Black Teen Murdered 22-Year-Old White Man Because He Had a Bad Day

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

FL - 16-Year-Old Black Teen Murdered 22-Year-Old White Man Because He Had a Bad Day

Old 08-30-13, 11:03 PM
Banned

by Breitbart News 29 Aug 2013

On Thursday, Clearwater Police arrested 16-year-old Mychal King for the alleged murder of Jason Taylor Paul.

According to police, King admitted to killing Paul because he had a hard day and “just wanted to kill the first person he saw.”

Paul was riding his bike home late when he was stabbed to death in January. He was 22-years old, working two jobs and saving to go to school to become a veterinary technician.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ng-22-year-old

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...n-pauls-murder

http://dunedin.patch.com/groups/poli...-paul-366ea18e
Old 08-30-13, 11:10 PM

Re: FL - 16-Year-Old Black Teen Murdered 22-Year-Old White Man Because He Had a Bad D

Mod note: just posting an article and link, particularly as the first post in a thread, w/o any additional commentary to continue the dialog is discouraged. If it's good enough to post it's worth commenting on as well.
Old 08-31-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: FL - 16-Year-Old Black Teen Murdered 22-Year-Old White Man Because He Had a Bad D

C'mon Darkman. You should have at least posted that it could have been Obama or his son (if he had one) that could have done this.
I'm white and only have had daughters, but if I would have had a son it could have been Paul.
Old 08-31-13, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Mod note: just posting an article and link, particularly as the first post in a thread, w/o any additional commentary to continue the dialog is discouraged. If it's good enough to post it's worth commenting on as well.
I could have posted some small comment about it ... but the article speaks for itself basically .. and I think it's better to discuss it in later posts

I could have said something like what Barth said above ... or something like "maybe, regardless of the reason provided, he did it for Trayvon" ...

But figured that in original / 1st post of the thread ... posting just the details from article should be appropriate as well ...

Basically .. "post it and then talk about it" ...

You don't agree?
Old 08-31-13, 12:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
C'mon Darkman. You should have at least posted that it could have been Obama or his son (if he had one) that could have done this.
I'm white and only have had daughters, but if I would have had a son it could have been Paul.
BBM

If Obama would have had a son it could have, also, been Paul, by the way ... as Obama is half white.
Old 08-31-13, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thankfully Breitbart doesn't have an agenda.

The comments at the link contain a lot of frothing at the mouth by the usual suspects. Apparently a lot of wingnuts are REALLY scared of male black teens. What a surprise.
Old 08-31-13, 01:03 AM
Banned

"But he was such a good boy ... It's not like him to do such a thing."
Old 08-31-13, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus, man. Can we cut this crap out? You have an obvious agenda here from this and other posts. This isn't the way to get your point across and gives the appearance of the same claim of "race baiting" you seem to be making. It hurts your cause.
Old 08-31-13, 04:25 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
Jesus, man. Can we cut this crap out? You have an obvious agenda here from this and other posts. This isn't the way to get your point across and gives the appearance of the same claim of "race baiting" you seem to be making. It hurts your cause.

Are we going to get this kind of idiotic thread every time a black person kills a white person?
Old 08-31-13, 04:36 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by Darkman00 View Post
I [...] figured that in original / 1st post of the thread ... posting just the details from article should be appropriate as well ...

Basically .. "post it and then talk about it" ...

You don't agree?
The posting guidelines here cover this very point.

If you'd like to discuss that longstanding and deeply-considered sticky post, or lobby for any part of it to be re-worded/changed, I'd recommend that you do so in the Feedback Forum.
Old 08-31-13, 08:40 AM

Closing thread since no good discussion is coming out of this.