Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Australian college baseball player shot in Oklahoma-"Just because."

Old 08-20-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Australian college baseball player shot in Oklahoma-"Just because."

http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226700172461

3 teens allegedly shoot an Australian man while he was jogging because they were bored. The watched out their window for people passing by, when the saw the Australian run by they said, "That's our target".
-The Australian man was shot in the back

The pictures of the alleged shooter have now been released...
-I wonder if Obama is going to come out and say that the one with a white mother could have been his son if he had one?
(Once again, I am only pointing this out because Obama should NEVER have released such a statement.)

Old 08-20-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Unarmed teen gets shot by Zimmerman...[Verdict: Not Guilty] ptII

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant View Post
http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226700172461

3 teens allegedly shoot an Australian man while he was jogging because they were bored. The watched out their window for people passing by, when the saw the Australian run by they said, "That's our target".
-The Australian man was shot in the back

The pictures of the alleged shooter have now been released...
-I wonder if Obama is going to come out and say that the one with a white mother could have been his son if he had one?
(Once again, I am only pointing this out because Obama should NEVER have released such a statement.)

Hey, Ebony can do a special edition next month with 3 collector's covers!
Old 08-20-13, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

See? Black people do bad stuff too!
Old 08-20-13, 12:24 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

White people post pictures and stories of black youths to validate their own racism and distract from all the white youths doing the same things. See?
Old 08-20-13, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Save Ferris View Post
White people post pictures and stories of black youths to validate their own racism and distract from all the white youths doing the same things. See?
Truly amazing.
Old 08-20-13, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Hey, Ebony can do a special edition next month with 3 collector's covers!
Old 08-20-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A horrible story anyway one can spin it.
Old 08-20-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why is this story tagged on to the Zimmerman story? Every time a black teen kills a white man is it going to be tagged here? What point are you trying to make in two separate but equally tragic situation?

This is a horrific story. Horrible, and I hope those teens get what is coming to them. They are heartless human beings.
Old 08-20-13, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom View Post
Why is this story tagged on to the Zimmerman story? Every time a black teen kills a white man is it going to be tagged here? What point are you trying to make in two separate but equally tragic situation?

This is a horrific story. Horrible, and I hope those teens get what is coming to them. They are heartless human beings.
I think you know exactly why this story is tagged here, but I'll play along...

What I found noteworthy about this story is that I heard about it 4 or 5 times, either on the radio or in headline/links online, and had absolutely no idea that the alleged killers were black until I saw the article with the pictures. To be honest, I was fairly sure they would be black, not because I was assuming that only black teens would do this, but because I was assuming the news reports I had seen and heard would indicate if they were white. Now we can argue about the validity of my logic all you want, but lo and behold, they are black. They were allegedly bored, allegedly saw a white guy running by, allegedly said "That's our target," went out, and allegedly killed him. I don't see why that should be brought up in a thread devoted to accusations of racism, do you?
Old 08-20-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
I think you know exactly why this story is tagged here, but I'll play along...

What I found noteworthy about this story is that I heard about it 4 or 5 times, either on the radio or in headline/links online, and had absolutely no idea that the alleged killers were black until I saw the article with the pictures. To be honest, I was fairly sure they would be black, not because I was assuming that only black teens would do this, but because I was assuming the news reports I had seen and heard would indicate if they were white. Now we can argue about the validity of my logic all you want, but lo and behold, they are black. They were allegedly bored, allegedly saw a white guy running by, allegedly said "That's our target," went out, and allegedly killed him. I don't see why that should be brought up in a thread devoted to accusations of racism, do you?
Are you sure they are black-African? They could be white-African, therefore this could not be about race. Obama should let us know if they could have been one of his relatives. Then many white people would know what to think.
Old 08-20-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Based on the facts available:

1. An innocent man was murdered with premeditation by three other men for doing nothing more than jogging down the street.

2. A 17 year-old was killed by a man after he attacked him and smashed his head into the ground. The killing was legally self-defense.

While I am sure that some will view the end of this sentence as inflammatory, I'm not sure these two events qualify as "equally tragic".
Old 08-20-13, 02:23 PM

Here's the difference. The story to ME was about an overzealous armed neighborhood watch guy killing an innocent teen. This story is about 3 heartless teens killing an innocent man. In that instance, I see both stories, equally horrific and horrible.

Actually in the article, the Australians are calling for a boycott of American due to our gun control issues. Maybe that's where this story needs to be tagged.
Old 08-20-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's the difference. The story to ME was about an overzealous armed neighborhood watch guy killing an innocent teen. This story is about 3 heartless teens killing an innocent man. In that instance, I see both stories, equally horrific and horrible.

Actually in the article, the Australians are calling for a boycott of American due to our gun control issues. Maybe that's where this story needs to be tagged.
Good for Australia. That's their prerogative. Perhaps we should boycott travel to Australia and see which boycott has a greater effect.
Old 08-20-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the difference. The story to ME was about an overzealous armed neighborhood watch guy killing an innocent teen.
My recollection of the facts was that TM gave GZ the slip after GZ followed him for about a block and then circled back and attacked GZ. The attack led GZ to shoot TM after TM started smashing his head into the pavement.

Not sure how that is "innocent", certainly not to the level of some guy just going out for a jog.
Old 08-20-13, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
My recollection of the facts was that TM gave GZ the slip after GZ followed him for about a block and then circled back and attacked GZ. The attack led GZ to shoot TM after TM started smashing his head into the pavement.

Not sure how that is "innocent", certainly not to the level of some guy just going out for a jog.
Ugh. Which is exactly why this story didn't need to be reopened~ Go read the 3000 posts where that opinion can be debated back and forth.

This other horrific story is certainly worthy of its own tagline without having to dredge all this up again.
Old 08-20-13, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will we see any magazines stating "We Are Christopher"?
Old 08-20-13, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ugh. Which is exactly why this story didn't need to be reopened~ Go read the 3000 posts where that opinion can be debated back and forth.
But am I wrong? It seems well-established that Martin approached Zimmerman after GZ lost sight of him, perhaps as long as 4 1/2 minutes after losing sight of him.
Old 08-20-13, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
Probably in Australia. There is a lot of outrage down there over this.
Old 08-20-13, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I posted this (and maybe I should not have out of respect for him and his family members) to prove that Obama should NEVER had said the "TM could have been his son".

It would be like George Bush coming out and saying that this man that was murdered while jogging "could have been his son" if he had one.

News Media (CNN, NBC, ABC, CNBC...), Race Baiters, Obama, Holder and many others made the TM/GZ story into a race issue when it NEVER was.
-Our president's comment DID NOT belong in this story, it only made racial issues worse.

As soon as we get beyond calling every issue (or issues we make up like Oprah did) a race issue this country get past the color like the United Kingdom has (I think they never had a problem with Black White race issues).
Old 08-20-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Probably in Australia. There is a lot of outrage down there over this.
As there should be. I mean the GZ/TM case can be debated back and forth.

This is just so senseless. I mean killing someone because you are bored?
Old 08-20-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant View Post
Where did this photo come from? When you click on the article, one of the teens looks white.
Old 08-20-13, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post

You should. Why not? If I were White I'd do something or at least make a big deal about this.

Like I said, You Whites need better PR folks.
Old 08-20-13, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Where did this photo come from? When you click on the article, one of the teens looks white.
One or the other is wrong. According to the article, this is Michael Jones:

He does look fairly white, at least in this photo. I'll go ahead and call him "white-hispanic" though.

The person above identified as Michael Jones appears to be Chancey Luna, according to the news.com.au article.
Old 08-20-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

To Race Bait!!! To push an Agenda!!

This Murder had nothing to do with RACE!!!

Maybe those kids should have stayed home and played XBOX!!!

Old 08-20-13, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

[indignation] I'm waiting for all the FACTS to come in..... I don't want to make a Judgement until then. [/indignation}

Yeah I know...it was a stupid ass statement then, and it's a stupid ass statement now. Muther Fuckers are making Judgments right now as they look at the pics of the perps.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.