Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 08-15-13, 04:16 AM
Political Exile

I'm going to let this image speak as my comment on this. I did not create this image, but it fully expresses everything I have to say about this.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...igate-rodeo-c/

August 14, 2013

The Missouri chapter of the NAACP appealed for the U.S. Department of Justice and the Secret Service to launch an investigation and open a federal case against the rodeo clown who donned a mask of President Obama’s face and mocked with the crowd: Do you want to see a bull run down Mr. Obama?

The NAACP says the clown was guilty of inciting violence against the president.

In a statement reported by Breitbart, the NAACP’s state president, Mary Ratliff, wrote: “The activities at the Missouri State Fair targeting and inciting violence against our president are serious and warrant a full review by both the Secret Service and the Justice Department. Incidents involving individuals acting out with extreme violent behavior in movie theaters, schools, churches, political appearances, and outdoor events in general speaks volume to the irresponsible behavior of all the parties involved with the incendiary events at the Missouri State Fair.”

The rodeo incident has grabbed national headlines. And the fallout so far has included the resignation of the head of Missouri’s rodeo-clown organization, and the announcement of Missouri State Fair officials that all rodeo clowns will now have to take sensitivity training as a condition of their employment.

Meanwhile, the clown who actually performed the skit — donned a mask of the president and mocked as an announcer asked the crowd if they wanted to see a bull run him down — has been banned for life from state rodeo performances.

Now the call is for the federal government to get involved.

Ms. Ratliff also said, in her statement, that the state is to blame for providing funding for the fair, an annual popular event.

“Our legislature has failed to support Medicare Expansion in Missouri, has consistently attempted to dismantle our Human Rights Commission, fail to adequately fund urban schools — [which] are predominantly African American — yet they are subsidizing the Missouri State Fair to the tune of $400,000. We are calling for the subsidy to stop.”

She went on, Breitbart reported, to say that Governor Nixon’s “planned Pancake Breakfast for Thursday should be his ‘Last Supper’ at the Missouri State Fair in response to the racially intolerant attacks on his Commander in Chief.”
Old 08-15-13, 06:54 AM
Banned

Re: NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
and the announcement of Missouri State Fair officials that all rodeo clowns will now have to take sensitivity training as a condition of their employment

So long pie & seltzer bottles!
Old 08-15-13, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap

I agree that a federal investigation is unwarranted. Nobody committed a crime here, other than a crime against taste. However, I think if you're lining up on the side of a stadium full of people cheering as an announcer whips them into a frenzy over the prospect of the President being trampled by a bull, you could probably benefit from some self-reflection.
Old 08-15-13, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I agree that a federal investigation is unwarranted. Nobody committed a crime here, other than a crime against taste. However, I think if you're lining up on the side of a stadium full of people cheering as an announcer whips them into a frenzy over the prospect of the President being trampled by a bull, you could probably benefit from some self-reflection.
Would you have any problem with Bush being trampled by the bull? The amount of hate and venom launched at Bush from the left was and is massive.
Old 08-15-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The NAACP is nothing more than a gnat that can't be killed
Old 08-15-13, 08:31 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Bush mask, Obama mast, Lincoln mask, whatever...it's just a fucking joke. In poor taste, certainly, but what an overreaction.

Just don't fuck with Harding, however, because then I would have to get medieval on you.
Old 08-15-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Would you have any problem with Bush being trampled by the bull? The amount of hate and venom launched at Bush from the left was and is massive.
Why is god's name are you out to pick a fight? Read what he said. He said president. Not Obama, not Bush, not Grover Fucking Cleveland. He said the institution. You are trying to start an argument where there isn't one. I think we all agree no crime was committed: it was satire, both times. If we can't mock presidents, we are in a sad time.

But seriously, stop with the persecution complex, you see fights where none even exist.
Old 08-15-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I would have the same problem.
Old 08-15-13, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

no one mentioned Bush

Geez
Old 08-15-13, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I will say it again: if you're lining up on the side of a stadium full of people cheering as an announcer whips them into a frenzy over the prospect of the President being trampled by a bull, you could probably benefit from some self-reflection.
Old 08-15-13, 09:42 AM

Why would a rodeo clown in 1994 wear a Bush mask? He wasn't even governor in 1994.
Old 08-15-13, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
I'm going to let this image speak as my comment on this. I did not create this image, but it fully expresses everything I have to say about this.

Good thing you didn't because in 1994 Clinton was president and W. was governor from 1995-2000.
Old 08-15-13, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The NAACP need to get over the persecution complex, Obama is not a god nor a king, learn to take a fucking joke. 2016 cant get here fast enough. I can see Holder trying to investigate, but it will go nowhere.
Old 08-15-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 08-15-13, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I went to a rodeo once. It was fun.
Old 08-15-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Assless chaps.
Old 08-15-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Good thing you didn't because in 1994 Clinton was president and W. was governor from 1995-2000.
I think that was a George H.W. mask...
Old 08-15-13, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
I think that was a George H.W. mask...
Checked it out and you are correct but I am sure the Bush mentioned below is W and that is what threw me off.

Old 08-15-13, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If that's supposed to be an HW mask, it's lousy because it looks like more like W.
Old 08-15-13, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is in bad taste, but the NAACP and any other person/group, regardless of ideology, that try make issues out of nothing need to find something better to do with their fucking time. Too bad these groups have willing audiences who lap this shit up instead of telling them to fuck off.
Old 08-15-13, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No, I would not want the President of the United States trampled by a bull no matter who it was. I respected Bush as the President, even though I didn't like him, especially after his reelection. You'd think Obama just didn't get reelected 9 months ago.
Old 08-15-13, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what type of rodeo has a building in the background? I think the outrage gang just found a guy in a "Bush" mask wearing a straw hat and made a lame statement.
Old 08-15-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
I went to a rodeo once. It was fun.
Some graffiti I saw in Nashville.

Old 08-15-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Talkin2Phil View Post
what type of rodeo has a building in the background? I think the outrage gang just found a guy in a "Bush" mask wearing a straw hat and made a lame statement.
Not to mention it's W in 1994.
Old 08-15-13, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
It is in bad taste, but the NAACP and any other person/group, regardless of ideology, that try make issues out of nothing need to find something better to do with their fucking time. Too bad these groups have willing audiences who lap this shit up instead of telling them to fuck off.
When you have a Black President who loves the retaliation and embraces inciting even more polarization country-wide, there's not much a person can do.

Originally Posted by Mary Ratliff
The activities at the Missouri State Fair targeting and inciting violence against our president are serious and warrant a full review by both the Secret Service and the Justice Department. Incidents involving individuals acting out with extreme violent behavior in movie theaters, schools, churches, political appearances, and outdoor events in general speaks volume to the irresponsible behavior of all the parties involved with the incendiary events at the Missouri State Fair.
It's rather clear, Mary wants a society which caters to her distorted reality. Of course, she doesn't take the same amount of time and effort into other areas of entertainment which promote a lot more violence against Blacks in general.

I guess Mary thinks Rodeos are more threatening to Blacks than the Music Industry.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 08-15-13 at 11:30 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.