Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The 2016 Presidential Election thread - it's over? edition

Old 07-27-16, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The 2016 Presidential Election thread - what the hell, let Putin decide

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post

Yeah, I think they were worried they were losing the Hispanic vote.

I knew this could be defended.
It's not about losing the Hispanic vote. It's about getting as close to 100% Hispanic turnout as possible.

I mean, the email that used the phrase "taco bowl engagement" had a script attached that talks about Trump's taco bowl statement and sarcastically mocks Trump's attempts to bring people together and I'm the one who's spinning things? Give me a break.
Old 07-27-16, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

part of his speech today...

He hasn't heard of them either.
He's just assuming that everyone is as stupid as he is.
Crimea? More like cry me a river, amirite!

Oh, and NPR just said that off-record sources in the intelligence community are now question whether he should get the national security updates. First time in history, for an unpolitical apparatus.

Let's see if this shit might finally get real.
Old 07-27-16, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd say telling a person to strip the headers, turn into non-paper and send a classified document to her via unsecured means is actually worse.
did you watch the hearings? because if you did, you would know that doesn't mean what you think it does
Old 07-27-16, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
North Dakota Valley News? Why hasn't FoxNews picked up on this explosive scoop if it's for real?
I went with the first link, assuming people were just looking for confirmation. I'll try to include you in the next search.
Old 07-27-16, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd say telling a person to strip the headers, turn into non-paper and send a classified document to her via unsecured means is actually worse. She is just lucky there wasn't confirmation that her illegal act was followed through with. Well, and she is lucky enough that they determined she's too fucking stupid to know better.
I'd say you don't know what you're talking about, since James Comey explicitly said "turn to non-paper" is State Department lingo for "strip out all the classified stuff and give it to me in a form I could turn over to foreign governments if I wanted to."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4609515/comey-non-paper-document
Old 07-27-16, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
It's not about losing the Hispanic vote. It's about getting as close to 100% Hispanic turnout as possible.

I mean, the email that used the phrase "taco bowl engagement" had a script attached that talks about Trump's taco bowl statement and sarcastically mocks Trump's attempts to bring people together and I'm the one who's spinning things? Give me a break.
Remember this started as someone claiming it said "Taco Bell contingent." (their quotes) so don't expect accuracy here. Only 2 of the 3 words were wrong.
Old 07-27-16, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

OK let's agree that Trump was "extremely careless" with his request to Russia, have a laugh about it, and move on.. I mean apparently doing something that would enable them to have access to these emails isn't nearly as bad as him asking for them right?
Old 07-27-16, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
OK let's agree that Trump was "extremely careless" with his request to Russia, have a laugh about it, and move on.. I mean apparently doing something that would enable them to have access to these emails isn't nearly as bad as him asking for them right?
I'm not suggesting (let alone demanding) that Trump be jailed.

I can also put Hillary's actions in the context of the state of IT security 8 years ago and her subsequent statements of remorse, as compared with Trump's apparent knowledge of our geopolitical interest. I know which one I think is far more dangerous.
Old 07-27-16, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk God

I'd say you don't know what you're talking about, since James Comey explicitly said "turn to non-paper" is State Department lingo for "strip out all the classified stuff and give it to me in a form I could turn over to foreign governments if I wanted to."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46095...paper-document
I didn't. I mean, JB wasn't a jerk about it, but I suppose you did at least give me a link. Thanks.
Old 07-27-16, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Old 07-27-16, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk God

When do the medical records get released? I assume that is after the conventions but before the debates, but don't honestly know. Not a lot of talk about it yet.
Old 07-27-16, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't. I mean, JB wasn't a jerk about it, but I suppose you did at least give me a link. Thanks.
I didn't mean to be a jerk.

I thought you were following this stuff more closely, given how passionate you are about it (not intended as a dig).
Old 07-27-16, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When do the medical records get released? I assume that is after the conventions but before the debates, but don't honestly know. Not a lot of talk about it yet.

Hey Trump's doctor said he'd be the healthiest president ever. He graduated from Trump Medical College so it must be true.
Donald Trump has "extraordinary" stamina and physical strength and would be the healthiest person ever elected president, his doctor said in a statement released Monday.
Dr. Harold Bornstein, who has been Trump's personal physician since 1980, said that "over the past 39 years, I am pleased to report that Mr. Trump has had no significant medical problems."

The physician said that Trump has lost 15 pounds in the past year, has never had cancer or hip, knee or shoulder replacements and "has no history of ever using alcohol or tobacco products."

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Bornstein said in the statement released by Trump's campaign.
Now who does that sound like?

Last edited by cungar; 07-27-16 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-27-16, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

John Miller?
Old 07-27-16, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Actually, this seems like a decent article with some suggesting that an independent panel of doctors should vet the candidates, especially given their age. What say you folk?

Do we know enough about the candidates' health?

The nation is poised to elect one of its oldest presidents, and while age doesn't determine health, it begs the question: How much do we know -- and should we know -- about how physically fit Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are for the job?

"Age always matters" when it comes to risk for disease, said well-known aging researcher S. Jay Olshansky of the University of Illinois at Chicago, but he cautions that it shouldn't be a litmus test for the presidency.

Trump at 70 would be months older than Ronald Reagan on his election day, and Clinton will have just turned 69.

Age aside, releasing at least some medical information is an election-season ritual.

Clinton has revealed more of this usually intensely private data than Trump. Each had their own doctor write a letter last year attesting they're in excellent health. Clinton's was nearly two pages and included standard lab test results. Trump's was four paragraphs with few details.

That's a far cry from 2008 when Republican Sen. John McCain, then 71, released more than a thousand pages of medical records to show he was cancer-free and fit to serve as president.
I think it is probably a good idea, especially given how old these shit stains are. It may have stopped a 2nd Reagan term, I suppose.
Old 07-27-16, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

I didn't mean to be a jerk.

I thought you were following this stuff more closely, given how passionate you are about it (not intended as a dig).

My first ever use of that smiley. Honestly, I thought I had followed it closely as well. That must have just slipped by.
Old 07-27-16, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, google Trump's doctor - he's shady as fuck. Not that it's a surprise.
Old 07-27-16, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah, google Trump's doctor - he's shady as fuck. Not that it's a surprise.
What aspect of Trump's resume isn't shady as fuck?

Old 07-27-16, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My first ever use of that smiley. Honestly, I thought I had followed it closely as well. That must have just slipped by.
Aw! I'm honored!

Yeah, there's a lot of information out there. Stuff slips by.
Old 07-27-16, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, and NPR just said that off-record sources in the intelligence community are now question whether he should get the national security updates. First time in history, for an unpolitical apparatus.
What's an "unpolitical apparatus"? Aren't the RNC and DNC part of the political process?
Old 07-27-16, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aw! I'm honored!

Yeah, there's a lot of information out there. Stuff slips by.
one thing that I try to remember...
no matter how much I disagree with people here, they are far more worthy of honor and respect than the public figures we talk about.
Old 07-27-16, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
one thing that I try to remember...
no matter how much I disagree with people here, they are far more worthy of honor and respect than the public figures we talk about.
Eh. I'm sure if you met Hillary or Mike Pence or whoever, they would be perfectly nice people. And people here who I may disagree with, like creekdipper or grundle or whoever are also nice people. Yeah, we should treat each other with more honor and respect. Our candidates too. Even Donald Trump, though I don't always live up to that aspiration.
Old 07-27-16, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The 2016 Presidential Election thread: (great Pence?)

I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons why he won't release his taxes, his exaggerated wealth being just one of them.
Yeah, he has to be hiding something. Trump is a guy who condtantly boasts and brags about his wealth, I really can't imagine Mr. Birth Certificate refusing to release his own papers.

A. He's in debt up to his ass to Russia.
B. He's exaggerating his wealth.
C. He has ties to organized crime.
D. He's lying about his charitable donations. (Has he even claimed he made any? The guy's so full of shit we might as wel be talking about Bill Brassky.)

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 07-27-16 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-27-16, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
That is definitely the face of somebody who's had his finger up Trump's ass.
Old 07-27-16, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
That is definitely the face of somebody who's had his finger up Trump's ass.
Did he find Trump's head while he was in there?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.