Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The 2016 Presidential Election thread - it's over? edition

Old 10-24-15, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The 2016 Presidential Election thread

They need throw in a box of Canned Common Corn, to make it look like a super smart purchase.
Old 10-24-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
They should call it "pen-dejo bowle."
Old 10-24-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
These are traits of a true socio/psychopath - adds up to me.
Well, if true socio/psychopaths everywhere could do as much good for others as this guy has, we couls use more true psychopaths. We just need to make sure they aren't really in charge.
Old 10-24-15, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Well, if true socio/psychopaths everywhere could do as much good for others as this guy has, we couls use more true psychopaths. We just need to make sure they aren't really in charge.
Unfortunately, compared to the general population, the number of psychopaths quadruples in upper-management and leadership positions, so they're basically the ones that tend to end up in charge.
Yes, this includes people drawn to politics and police work; authority figures.
Old 10-25-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, obviously that is just a bunch of crap. Police are angels sent by God to protect us.

A friend emailed this to me. I know zero about Elizabeth Warren, other than she was more liberal than Sanders on some graph in this thread. This is from 2004 and is fascinating. Warren describes how she met with First Lady Hillary Clinton and spoke to her about a bankruptcy law that was obviously a giveaway to the banks. Hillary listened, learned, and Bill Clinton vetoed the legislation. When she became Senator Clinton, the same bill came back up because banks just keep bribing until it works, and suddenly she was far more interested in the bribes.

But Hillary supporters shouldn't worry, she'll be just as fucking evil if elected, making sure the rich get endlessly richer, just like her husband did, and just like liberals campaign on. Oh wait, they campaign on the opposite because it is associated with Republicans, but despite what either party actually says, both parties do it...but liberals can feel better about it because they said the magic words "wealth inequality."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/12mJ-U76nfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-25-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Shouldn't it at least say something like "JEB!" or "I paid $75 for this and all I got was a capital gains tax cut and a ban on abortions?"

What's the point in paying $75 for a fucking bowl I can buy at Walmart for $.99? Why not just give him $75?
Actually to be fair, those guacamole bowls are ridiculously overpriced elsewhere. They're like $36. Still doesn't excuse the blatant pandering for the Hispanic vote.
Old 10-25-15, 12:30 PM
Banned

Ben just needs to cabin himself off from his racist critics.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-ap...SON.jpg&w=1484
Old 10-25-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ben is keeping the clown car going.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...WEp?li=AAa0dzB

Speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press," Carson said he "would love" to see the Supreme Court's 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade which legalized abortion overturned.

He also talked about how Rape and incest are no reasons to terminate a pregnancy.

I always wonder about people that want to criminalize abortion. Say we actually did live in a world of Ben were it was illegal. What would he do about people with money that simply go to other countries to have the procedure?
Old 10-25-15, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
Ben is keeping the clown car going.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...WEp?li=AAa0dzB

Speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press," Carson said he "would love" to see the Supreme Court's 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade which legalized abortion overturned.

He also talked about how Rape and incest are no reasons to terminate a pregnancy.

I always wonder about people that want to criminalize abortion. Say we actually did live in a world of Ben were it was illegal. What would he do about people with money that simply go to other countries to have the procedure?
before Roe vs Wade, there were many women who died horrible deaths doing their own abortions, or going to Mexico. So it will, be back to the old days now, I guess. So instead of advancing,. we are going to go back to the "good old days"
Old 10-25-15, 05:36 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by salamander2 View Post
before Roe vs Wade, there were many women who died horrible deaths doing their own abortions, or going to Mexico. So it will, be back to the old days now, I guess. So instead of advancing,. we are going to go back to the "good old days"
Even before Roe v Wade, abortion was legal in quite a few U.S. states. I don't think anyone went to Mexico to get one.
Old 10-25-15, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by salamander2 View Post
So instead of advancing,. we are going to go back to the "good old days"
Actually, it is Clinton, Sanders, & O'Malley who are going back to the really good old days of ancient "advanced" civilizations in which unwanted babies were left to die or exposure or be eaten by wild animals.

That's progress for ya. The more things change....

Hail Sparta!
Old 10-26-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Actually, it is Clinton, Sanders, & O'Malley who are going back to the really good old days of ancient "advanced" civilizations in which unwanted babies were left to die or exposure or be eaten by wild animals.

That's progress for ya. The more things change....

Hail Sparta!
Yes, abortion is clearly the exact same thing.

Well, at least they don't advocate murdering every child in countries that oppose us like the god of a certain fanatical religion used to do.
Old 10-26-15, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
Yes, abortion is clearly the exact same thing.
Kudos for finally seeing reason.

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
Since the U.S. government prosecutes U.S. citizens who travel abroad to commit crimes in places such as Thailand, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the same principles would apply to abortion?
Old 10-26-15, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since the U.S. government prosecutes U.S. citizens who travel abroad to commit crimes in places such as Thailand, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the same principles would apply to abortion?
Hate to kill your fantasy but abortion will never be a crime again in this country.
Old 10-26-15, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, maybe only in Texas.
Old 10-26-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lindsey Graham can't believe he's losing to an attempted murderer and a pompous ass.

Graham provided cutting assessments of their lack of political experience, foreign policies and overall temperaments during a wide-ranging interview on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Monday.

“On our side, you’ve got the No. 2 guy [who] tried to kill someone at 14, and the No. 1 is high energy and crazy as hell. How am I losing to these people?” he said.

The Republican presidential candidate, who has been struggling in national polls, was referring to the time when Carson stabbed one of his high school classmates, an incident he has discussed openly.

Toward the end of the interview, Graham joked that he should start moving up in the polls because he — unlike Carson — has never tried to kill anyone.

“And I’ve tried to murder no one ever, so this should move me up a little bit,” he joked. “Well, the day’s not over, but as of right now, nobody.”
Old 10-26-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You're using the prosecution of child rapists to justify imprisoning women for abortions? Stay classy. With an attitude like that, it's only a matter of time before the country comes around to your view.
Old 10-26-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like someone pissed in his guacamole :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/reU6f2XXLHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-26-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jeb! is going to be out soon. Then the Repubs will wake up and realize that their nominee is a guy who's best trait is his ability to insult people.
Old 10-26-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
You're using the prosecution of child rapists to justify imprisoning women for abortions? Stay classy. With an attitude like that, it's only a matter of time before the country comes around to your view.
It takes a special kind of mind to even think of this. Imagine the thought process that it takes to fantasize about American women being extradited from other countries for having an abortion. It boggles the mind.
Old 10-26-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Ben Carson has hijacked creekdipper's account.
Old 10-26-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fox News is trying the Russians R Kumming! campaign.

News must be slow.
Old 10-26-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Jeb! is going to be out soon. Then the Repubs will wake up and realize that their nominee is a guy who's best trait is his ability to insult people.
We don't need Jeb. We need a man who knows what our struggles are like.

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars" - Donald Trump
Old 10-26-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently, the religious people are outraged at Trump's ridicule of Carson's religion.

Originally Posted by Trump
"I'm Presbyterian. Boy, that's down the middle of the road, folks, in all fairness. I mean, Seventh-day Adventist, I don't know about. I just don't know about."
Old 10-26-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Doesn't Trump realize that we live in a Judeo-Christian nation. We should only make fun of Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists & Sikhs.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.