Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The 2016 Presidential Election thread - it's over? edition

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The 2016 Presidential Election thread - it's over? edition

Old 07-09-15, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The 2016 Presidential Election thread

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
yep

Thanks for correcting me on that.
Old 07-09-15, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
yep
Is that a before pic of alansmithee's apartment?
Old 07-09-15, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Dinesh D'Souza a Democratic agent trying to make the Republicans look bad, or is he really the dumbest motherfucker on the planet?
Old 07-09-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
Thanks for correcting me on that.
Serious question...why don't you bother spending a few seconds fact checking what you post? I honestly do not mean that to be snarky, but it's gotten to the point when I see your posts, I no longer fact check them, I just assume they are incorrect in some way. Which means that even your posts that are correct are getting dismissed. This does not seem to be an effective strategy for communication and it seems so easy to fix. Just curious...
Old 07-09-15, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 214 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dave-o View Post
Serious question...why don't you bother spending a few seconds fact checking what you post? I honestly do not mean that to be snarky, but it's gotten to the point when I see your posts, I no longer fact check them, I just assume they are incorrect in some way. Which means that even your posts that are correct are getting dismissed. This does not seem to be an effective strategy for communication and it seems so easy to fix. Just curious...
I'm gonna steal what you wrote and post it to people who do that shit on my facebook.
Old 07-10-15, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 475 Likes on 305 Posts

I've asked him the exact same thing. It must just be easier to post whatever you find and make other people do the work to make sure it's accurate.
Old 07-10-15, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

I would not be able to handle a sometimes accurate grundle...it would be too confusing. It is much easier to dismiss all he posts

grundle, please do not change!!
Old 07-10-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Trump is playing everyone in this phony run for President, and I can't believe some of my conservative friends (including FoxNews) are falling for it.

The funny thing is he is not a die-hard republican as you can see his political contributions since 1989:

Data from the Federal Election Commission and state elections offices provided by the two websites show that Trump has given $584,850 to Democrats and $961,140 to the GOP over the last 26 years.
Old 07-10-15, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
Is Dinesh D'Souza a Democratic agent trying to make the Republicans look bad, or is he really the dumbest motherfucker on the planet?
Old 07-10-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because grundle operates like most hardcore right-wing partisans. They enter the bubble of Fox, AM talk radio, and right-wing internet outlets who all parrot the same vitriol and misinformation and credit each other for the scoops. It's a remarkable phenomenon - it's how Mitt Romney and his crew were convinced the mainstream polls were wrong and he would indeed beat Barack Obama. People on the right were genuinely shocked.

And Dinesh fucking D'Souza??? grundle follows that clown on Twitter?
Old 07-10-15, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think most people here fact check stories they post. They just use reliable news sources.

Common sense would be, after you get burned by a source twice, you never trust them again. But grundle keeps going back to the same sites regardless of how often they're wrong. Next time D'souza says he's found proof that Obama's father was a neo-Nazi alien who had his brain transplanted into Baby Barack's body, grundle will post it without question.
Old 07-10-15, 09:13 AM

Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Like D'Souza, grundle has no interest in the truth. Instead, he has an irrational hatred of Obama and Clinton that overrides any common sense. So if anybody says anything bad about either of them, he just regurgitates it here (and likely on Wikipedia via a sock-puppet). Because slandering them with ridiculous nonsense is easier than coming up with nuanced arguments against their policies and ideas.
Old 07-10-15, 09:25 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Because grundle operates like most hardcore right-wing partisans. They enter the bubble of Fox, AM talk radio, and right-wing internet outlets who all parrot the same vitriol and misinformation and credit each other for the scoops. It's a remarkable phenomenon - it's how Mitt Romney and his crew were convinced the mainstream polls were wrong and he would indeed beat Barack Obama. People on the right were genuinely shocked.
You are 100% correct about right wingers living in a bubble watching FOX, listening to Rush Limbaugh, etc. But I have liberals friends who are in the same bubble watching MSNBC, listening to NPR and watching Bill Maher and Jon Stewart every week.

And my liberal friends told me that the Republicans wouldn't take back the Senate in 2014, as that is what all of the liberal pundits were saying from their polls.

It's sad that both sides of the political spectrum live in a bubble these days as I honestly can't have a conversation with either of them because they are used to listen to someone preach to the choir and reaffirm their political views all day.
Old 07-10-15, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm... it's almost like grundle doesn't process information in the same way as most other people do. But, wait, how could that be? Never mind, I'm sure the disapproval he's getting here will make him learn his lesson.
Old 07-10-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dork View Post
Hmm... it's almost like grundle doesn't process information in the same way as most other people do. But, wait, how could that be? Never mind, I'm sure the disapproval he's getting here will make him learn his lesson.
Most people with cognitive disorders don't turn into rightwing cranks who are obsessed with Michele Obama's upper arm.
Old 07-10-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It does look like she could be saying "What difference, at this point, does it make?" in this picture though, doesn't it?

Just sayin'.

Old 07-10-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
Most people with cognitive disorders don't turn into rightwing cranks who are obsessed with Michele Obama's upper arm.
I don't have access to the data, but I'm going to assume that's true. However... it happened in this case. I'm just saying I don't think you're all going to talk him out of it.
Old 07-10-15, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both left-wing and right-wing zealots are brainwashed idiots. The politicians, the pundits, and their supporters.
Old 07-10-15, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 361 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by coli View Post
Trump is playing everyone in this phony run for President, and I can't believe some of my conservative friends (including FoxNews) are falling for it.

The funny thing is he is not a die-hard republican as you can see his political contributions since 1989:

Data from the Federal Election Commission and state elections offices provided by the two websites show that Trump has given $584,850 to Democrats and $961,140 to the GOP over the last 26 years.
No really?

He does this every 4 years
Old 07-10-15, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coli View Post

I think Trump is a buffoon. But I wouldn't try to base his stances on who he gives money to. Money is access in politics and he likely spreads around cash to get favors for upcoming projects, etc. In other words, he just gives money to who he thinks can do him the most good and make him more money than he is giving. And where he is doing most of his business ventures there tends to be more Democrats than Republicans. I think his first fake run was in 1988 and it was as a Republican. So all that money given was after he was a Republican presidential hopeful.

Edit: It appears he just floated the idea of running in 1988, as well as several other years, before finally throwing his hat in for the first time in 2000.
Old 07-10-15, 12:17 PM
Banned by request

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dork View Post
You're right that we're not going to talk him out of this pattern of behavior, but I feel like chalking it all up to autism is excusing it a little too much. I definitely think there is a trollish aspect to his posts. People with autism may become intensely focused on a particular subject, but that doesn't mean they disregard fact from fiction.
Old 07-10-15, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 360 Posts

I guess Trump recently took Palin to some shitty pizza joint in NY and his supporters and republicans are pissed, because he took Hillary to a 5-star joint.

Best case scenario is that Trump has trolled the Republican party HARD.
Old 07-10-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 361 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I guess Trump recently took Palin to some shitty pizza joint in NY and his supporters and republicans are pissed, because he took Hillary to a 5-star joint.

Best case scenario is that Trump has trolled the Republican party HARD.
Ummm well Palin said she wanted regular NY pizza so that's where Trump took her (it was her request). If she said she wanted to be snobby and dine at a 5 star place like Hillary is used to - I'm sure he would have done that as well.

And there's no way he will get the Republican nomination but 3rd party.. why not.
Old 07-10-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Ummm well Palin said she wanted regular NY pizza so that's where Trump took her (it was her request).
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TRgEeDR98X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 07-10-15, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.