Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Unarmed teen gets shot by Zimmerman...[Verdict: Not Guilty] ptII

Old 07-12-13, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

re: Unarmed teen gets shot by Zimmerman...[Verdict: Not Guilty] ptII

Update:
The jury had a question.
The jury has asked the judge for a list of the evidence exhibits by number and description.
The judge asked the clerk to prepare an inventory list of the evidence for the jurors.
Both and defense and prosecution approve of the evidence list prepared for the jurors.

---

Doesn't really tell us anything.
Old 07-12-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CRM114
The alternative is better? To allow a man to walk free based on his one-sided testimony of what happened the night he killed a child?
If there is no evidence to the contrary, what would you suggest? That 9 innocent go to prison so that 1 guilty goes as well?
Old 07-12-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Hypothetical (to anybody, not directed to any specific poster):

you're on the jury. The other five jurors have voted "guilty." In your heart, you honestly believe that the prosecution has not proven their case and you want to vote "not guilty." Also, in your heart, you believe that there will be riots and loss of life (say similar to the 1992 LA riots in which around fifty people died).

Do you change your vote to guilty? Is it worth it to put a man you believe to be innocent in prison to prevent the violence and save the fifty lives that you believe will be lost if you hand in your true verdict?
If it is 4:50 on a Friday, I send him up the river.
Old 07-12-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Everyone here is voicing opinions, which is great. There is an article on Yahoo News today that may help to calm some of you down.
http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-jury...162313256.html
Old 07-12-13, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Update:
The jury had a question.
<strike>The jury has asked the judge for a list of the evidence exhibits by number and description.
The judge asked the clerk to prepare an inventory list of the evidence for the jurors.
Both and defense and prosecution approve of the evidence list prepared for the jurors.</strike>
They feel threatened if they find him not guilty and think the prosecutor was reckless in bringing this to trial, want to know if the prosceutor has a CCW permit.
Fixed.
Old 07-12-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
It's up to interpretation based on the words the operator used (man are they probably coaching their operators hard on this, I would hope anyway). I personally would interpret it to mean, "Stay in your car sir, the police are on their way." Once he got out of the car, he Chuck Norris-ed it and in my opinion that's where he can get blame. In my mind, enough blame for manslaughter.
Problem with that was he was already out of his car and on foot when the 911 operator said that to him.
Old 07-12-13, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
For me, just getting out of the car was reckless. And it's that recklessness that would make me say manslaughter.
Why is it reckless to get out of your car in your own neighborhood just because there is a boy with skittles there who means you no harm?
Old 07-12-13, 05:16 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Th0r S1mpson View Post
Why is it reckless to get out of your car in your own neighborhood just because there is a boy with skittles there who means you no harm?
Why call the police about a skittle boy?

In any case if it was you out there Thor, I'd be Chuck Norrising all over your ass.
Old 07-12-13, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Th0r S1mpson View Post
Don't be stupid, VinVega is just racially profiling, it is always reckless to get out of your car when a black person is nearby!
Old 07-12-13, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Just checking in. While I may not always agree with Giantrobo, you cannot say that he is just on the side of a black kid over race, etc. He has been on both sides of race issues, and generally takes a much more conservative view than most. I think he comes from a viewpoint that most of us simply have no real direct understanding of. I don't know that his view of how it is in FL is valid from his CA view since I don't know if there is a difference. But fuck, I have always had a huge amount of respect for him, even when I disagree with him.

Giantrobo - this is how I feel when I'm in a religious thread, so suck it up, motherfucker.
I'm sucking it up.

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Yeah that's why I like Robo being here. The funny thing is that, like most topics, we aren't that far apart of these issues - just different perspectives. If he had a key piece that showed this case one way or another (The same piece I'm looking for) we'd probably both be on the same page. But he hangs in there when others run away.

Old 07-12-13, 05:25 PM
Admin-Thanos

I racially profiled Thor's avatar.

Cracker!
Old 07-12-13, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by arminius View Post
Could zimmerman have demanded this trial be conducted in private? The way I see it justice is not being served by legions of assholes with all the answers. It's like a trial by mob.

But the jury is sequestered. How are these "legions" affecting anything?

I HOPE TO GAAAWD no one involved in this case is reading dvdtalk.
Old 07-12-13, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

The jury has adjourned for the day.

I'm still on for my 7pm tomorrow night estimate
Old 07-12-13, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Artman View Post
If that's the truth than yes. What little information we have backs his side of things.
I stop reading the "Thread" because everyone (including me) were writing the same things over and over again.

After it went to the jury I popped over to see what everyone was saying.

So, I could not help myself and just had to type a response.

I think the "Little" information if pretty BIG and kept getting in the way of the States case. The info is also going to make this tough on the jury:
-Punched in the nose/face (photos right after shooting shows puffed up nose/face)
-Bloodied Nose
-911 call
-Witnesses that put TM on top of GZ
-No defensive wounds on TM
-TM calling GZ a "Stupid Ass Cracker" (or something really close to that) if you believe the witness
-Wound on the back of GZ head
-TM shot at very close range (inches and the correct angle)
-Looks like he is on drugs comment and he was on drugs (Pot, which can affect people in different ways)
-Why would TM yell for help if he was the one on top beating up GZ

***The Nose/Face/Back of head and TM on top of GZ just before the shooting, that is a ton to help prove Self-Defense or at least make it VERY difficult for the State to prove it was NOT Self-Defense.***
Old 07-12-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You GZ Folks suuuuure have nooooo problem believing Rachel Jeantel when she says Trayvon called GZ a "Creepy ass Crackah" yet..all her other testimony the Trayvon was scared and trying to get away is a lie. Uh huh...riiiiiight.

Old 07-12-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 07-12-13, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
You GZ Folks suuuuure have nooooo problem believing Rachel Jeantel when she says Trayvon called GZ a "Creepy ass Crackah" yet..all her other testimony the Trayvon was scared and trying to get away is a lie. Uh huh...riiiiiight.

You're right, it is not possible that she would say anyting other than the absolute truth. And every word out of Zimmerman's mouth is a lie.

I never said I believed her when she said Martin called Zimmerman a "Creepy ass Crackah". Doesn't matter, either Martin is a racist for using it, or she's a racist for lying and saying he used it. Oh, and in this case, it wasn't the 911 dispatcher asking "Can you tell, is he a Creepy Ass Cracka?", and them answering "Yes".

I get it, your heels are dug in, no one is going to get you to consider anything other than Martin is dead and Zimmerman murdered him. And anyone who tries to carry on a reasonable discussion about the facts of the case get 'ed at.

I've been specifically avoiding criticizing Jeantel's testimony because you so quickly fall back on "You white people don't like how she talks so you dismiss her." I get that too. But you are adamant that Zimmerman is lying (and he may be), and appear to be equally adamant that Jeantel's testimony is above reproach, that we just don't "get it" because we're white.

Please undertstand this. I am white. I can criticize a white person. I can also criticize a black person, and it doesn't make me racist. I can question the honesty of either. I can be suspicious of either. I can trust either, both, or neither. I "get" that race is an issue in this case, mainly because of manipulation by outside forces. It is not an issue to me when I look at the evidence and question Zimmerman's guilt.

I know you are a pretty level-headed guy most of the time. I am not trying to suggest that you are out of line, nor making any type of personal attacks. But I'm sick and tired of feeling like you're suggesting I'm a racist each and every time you respond to one of my posts in this thread (probably an overstatement). And yeah, white people are allowed to say they're sick and tired of something involving racism.

I hate racism. I feel it reflects entirely upon the person committing the racism, but I understand that is usually of no consolation to the victim of the racism. I can't claim to have ever been in that position.

Sorry if I'm over the line, not trying to suggest that you're racist either, I just think you're overly zealous and close minded in this one particular case that obviously has a different meaning to you than it does to me.
Old 07-12-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right, that's what I meant. That the jury is reading this and thanking god for your ramblings on the subject. You think he will be left alone if found not guilty. Wasn't there already threats on his life. The media is to blame for the way this entire thing is evolving and you are eating it right up.

And to be clear, I am not a gz fan. I could not care less what happens to him. The rule of law should matter. The media created this. If this was reported as hispanic on black crime there would have been no media interest.
Old 07-12-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good one, made me laugh at work.
Old 07-12-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I put in there "If you believe the witness".

The info that make her testimony not so perfect is that TM did not seem to try to get away from GZ.

When GZ lost TM and 911 said "we do not need you to do that" (GZ wanted to go find him, but that said "we do not need you to do that" and he said "OK"), TM had a head start on GZ. There were no indications/evidences (running sound or shortness of breath) that GZ was running to catch up with GZ. GZ went to look for a street sign to see which street that he last say GZ at.
-This matches up with TM jumping GZ, TM should have been a block or two away at this point.

That is why I put in there "if you believe her".
Old 07-12-13, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And...I am NOT a GZ folk.

I just want justice served and I believe after all the facts that were presented, GZ acted out of Self-Defense.

The Media had portrayed GZ as a crazy racist white man and TM as a little boy that looked like he was only 11, 12 or 13 at the very most. They even made the 911 tape sound racist. The NEWS also turned/edited a bloodied photo of GZ into a high contrast B&W picture that DID NOT show any kind of wound or blood.

It sickened me at first to hear what GZ did to this kid and I believed what the media was telling us. Then, when the 911 tape was proved edited, NOT racist at all and the person responsible was fired, I started to look more into the case.
(Seeing the REAL bloodied photo with the wound plainly visible, this also showed me something was up)

GZ side of the story was also different than what the Media said. (Which does does not prove GZ is innocent)
-Add all this up and it ticked me off that the media can be SO "Ratings Hungry" to change the facts on purpose.

So, I am NOT a GZ man, I have never met him, but I now do believe he is innocent of 2nd degree and manslaughter.
-The State sure did not prove that he DID NOT act in self-defense.

Why does it have to be GZ or TM, do you think some people just want justice no matter the skin color, is that possible?
Old 07-12-13, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

"It's So GZ"

It's so GZ to fall in love

People tell me his defense is for fools
Here I go, breaking all the rules
It seems so GZ
Yeah, so doggone GZ
Oh, it seems so GZ
Yeah, where you're concerned
Do we think 'Robo can learn
Oh-oh-oh

Old 07-12-13, 08:38 PM
Suspended

“Only in America can a dead black boy go on trial for his own murder.”
— Syreeta McFad
One hell of a commentary.
Old 07-12-13, 08:47 PM

Old 07-12-13, 08:48 PM

The prosecution keeps reminding us the Trayvon was just a child, barely 17, yet if he had killed Zimmerman he would have been tried as an adult by these same attorneys. I guess if everyone just stuck to the few known facts there wouldn't be enough interest to draw ratings.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.