DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/597561-cops-behaving-badly-thread.html)

CaptainMarvel 06-12-15 04:37 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12507006)
I think they need to institute a psych evaluation of police applicants prior to being hired.

They typically do, Dave.

CaptainMarvel 06-12-15 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 12507009)
Oh, the hyperbole! Outright vitriol? :lol: Distrust and skepticism, without question. Vitriol? Only when vitriol is warranted.

:lol: Ok. :lol:

I'm not anti-cop, I'm anti-BAD-cop. There is a difference.
Yes, there is a difference. Literally everybody is anti-bad-cop and don't need to say it constantly, whereas the people that are actually anti-cop need to use that as a false excuse.

Hokeyboy 06-12-15 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 12507019)
Yes, there is a difference. Literally everybody is anti-bad-cop and don't need to say it constantly, whereas the people that are actually anti-cop need to use that as a false excuse.

rotfl

andicus 06-12-15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12507006)
No, we never signed anything. He knocked on the door, asked questions, wrote answers into something, and left. That was it.

Went to the university legal service and was told that we had a 50/50 shot of beating it since we could get affidavits from the people I was with in another city 120 miles away because it was still the cops word against theirs. Court was during finals, naturally, and the cop didn't show up, so it was thrown out. But thanks for fucking me over for no reason. :lol:

I think they need to institute a psych evaluation of police applicants prior to being hired.

If you didn't sign it, I can't see any part of the statement being admissible. He could (and obviously did) write whatever he wanted.

As Captain Marvel mentioned, cops do get a psych evaluation. A couple of cops I know said it was pretty extensive, too, and done by an outside party.

kvrdave 06-12-15 05:37 PM

Then they need to re-evaluate the criteria or think about having it done each year. :lol:

Okay, this is one that fucking makes me pissed, but the neighbor, cops, and CPS are all guilty on this. It's complete bullshit and we are starting to see these more and more.

http://www.infowars.com/11-year-old-...or-90-minutes/

A couple in Florida were arrested and charged with felony neglect after their 11-year-old son was left alone in the back yard playing basketball for 90 minutes. Furthermore, the child was taken from the parents and placed into foster care.

The remarkable story was related to the website Free Range Kids, which advocates raising children to be self reliant, rather than succumbing to the nanny state.

The boy found himself locked out of the family home in April, after the parents became stuck in traffic. A busy body neighbor decided that this was far too dangerous, and called the cops.

When the parents arrived home, they were put in handcuffs, strip searched, fingerprinted and subsequently held overnight in jail.

Meanwhile, the boy and his 4-year-old brother, who was not left alone at any time, were taken into the custody of police and handed to a relative.

It emerged that for 48 hours while the hand over was being sorted out, the children were only fed cereal, and were not encouraged to wash.

After a few weeks of not being able to see their kids, the couple discovered that the relative who was caring for them had had enough and was handing the children over to CPS, whose lawyers asked a judge to place the children in foster care.

When the case came to court, there was a back and forth argument between the CPS lawyer and the family’s legal representative that went on for hours. It was only when the 11-year-old boy spoke to the judge that sanity prevailed.

“He went back there and spoke to the judge for about ten minutes,” the mother told Free Range Kids.

“And then the judge came out and called the two lawyers to the bench and talked to them for about 10 or 15 minutes. And with that, our lawyer came to us and said that if we admitted that we didn’t know that it was wrong to [our son] stay in the backyard, but that we know now that it’s wrong and we will never let it happen again, and that we will explain this to our son, he would let the children come with us.”

The parents agreed to the terms and were allowed to take their children home, a month after the incident originally occurred.

The couple are now attending mandatory ‘parenting classes’ and having therapy, while the children are getting “play” therapy, and must attend mandatory day camps throughout the Summer, all at the behest of CPS.

Unlike last Summer, the kids will not be going to the beach or playing with their parents.

The parents are set to battle the felony charge in criminal court, and trying to get the entire case dropped.

As InfoWars has previously highlighted, cases like this are frequently occurring, and responsible parents who refuse to mollycoddle their children are being repeatedly targeted, and constantly living under the threat of losing their children to the State.
When people ask why we are a nation of pussies, it's because if you don't raise your kid to be a pussy, they'll take them away and make sure they know their place when they grow up. I hate these stories so much.

This is in no way an indication of a police state, just so none of you get excited. :lol:

Mr. Salty 06-12-15 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12507046)
Okay, this is one that fucking makes me pissed, but the neighbor, cops, and CPS are all guilty on this. It's complete bullshit and we are starting to see these more and more.

I'm going to need a source more believable than Infowars before I believe this story.

robin2099 06-12-15 07:42 PM

[QUOTEOr maybe a accurate assessment of the Officer's state?

So now Bad/Unqualified Cops being dealt with = Blood Sacrifice?

^Wow...][/QUOTE]

Saying that it was a blood sacrifice referred to the other officer who wasn't involved, not to the one that did the shooting. Also if you don't think possibly charging both of them would be somewhat politically motivated your crazy.

I'm not anti-cop, I'm anti-BAD-cop. There is a difference.
Like Captain Marvel said, if you made a statement like that about any race or profession it would basically sound like what it is. One of those "I'm not prejudice....but".

Age aside, seems excessive to use a K9 on what were likely to be non-violent suspect(s).
Would probably depend on the situation. That's one thing about being a police officer I've seen from talking to them and reading books about the profession. There is no one size fits all approach for every situation.

andicus 06-12-15 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12507046)
Then they need to re-evaluate the criteria or think about having it done each year. :lol:

http://www.infowars.com/11-year-old-...or-90-minutes/

When people ask why we are a nation of pussies, it's because if you don't raise your kid to be a pussy, they'll take them away and make sure they know their place when they grow up. I hate these stories so much.

This is in no way an indication of a police state, just so none of you get excited. :lol:

Wow. That is just insane.

I was a latch key kid from the time I was about 6 or 7. How did I ever survive?

I'm not saying that's how it should be, but by the time I was 11, I was babysitting a 6 year old kid. His mother asked me if I would, rather than asking my older friends.

Living Dead 06-13-15 12:11 AM

Who calls the cops because they see a kid playing basketball in his own driveway? How did they even know the parents weren't home? There's something fishy about this story, like maybe a neighbor with a grudge or something. It doesn't feel like the whole story.

Solid Snake 06-13-15 04:32 AM

Not even the driveway, his fucking backyard. Much more safer than his driveway. Jesus fuckin' Christ. A kid can't be home alone cuz his parents are stuck in fucking traffic?

Sorraffy 06-13-15 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 12507247)
Not even the driveway, his fucking backyard. Much more safer than his driveway. Jesus fuckin' Christ. A kid can't be home alone cuz his parents are stuck in fucking traffic?

"I'm planning on getting stuck in traffic later this afternoon, can you stop by and check on the kids when they get out of school. I don't want to be arrested for leaving them by themselves"

EddieMoney 06-13-15 08:57 AM

The SJWs have taken over this country.

Th0r S1mpson 06-13-15 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12507290)
The SJWs have taken over this country.

Okay, Mel Gibson.

Edit: I read that wrong.

EddieMoney 06-13-15 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Th0r S1mpson (Post 12507296)
Okay, Mel Gibson.

Edit: I read that wrong.

:lol:

kvrdave 06-13-15 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12507084)
I'm going to need a source more believable than Infowars before I believe this story.

Google it. There are lots of stories out on this one.

DVD Polizei 06-13-15 11:17 AM

Free Range Kids. Hmmmm.

I prefer organic kids.

JimRochester 06-13-15 12:03 PM

I have to rant a little bit and here is a good place to do it. It's about how frustrating it is when you ask someone to do something so simple and they willfully ignore you.

The other night was the Firemen's Parade. We help with traffic and crowd control. They used to let people on the floats throw candy but I guess a few old ladies got beaned, the FD had to pay someone's dentist bill so they changed it. They started throwing the candy on the ground. I am sure you can imagine what a cluster fuck that was. The kids were running out into the street and the people driving the float and the Fire Trucks were complaining they couldn't see where the kids were. The kids were running right in front of these vehicles to get the candy. So the new rule was, no candy.

The other night it was so nice having the kids actually sit in one place watching the parade. Then a few politicians came through and were handing out candy in the crowd. No problem. Then sure as shit, a couple floats started throwing it and kids were like piranha swarming. These kids would run in front of a moving train if it meant getting some candy. I asked them with a "please" not to do that. Of course they go 10 feet and start it again. You know, its not my rule and its not my kid that's gonna get run over. But asshole, I asked you not to do it, I was very polite when I asked, I have the legal authority to prohibit you, I can have a ticket written if you disobey. The rule wasn't put in place just to disappoint kids.

It seems so minor I'm sure you're all wondering what the big deal is. The deal is if a kid gets hurt at my corner I'll be the one who has to answer why I was letting people throw candy. I wasn't, well obviously you were or they wouldn't be throwing it. See that bus over there, we're going to throw you under it.

Living Dead 06-13-15 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JimRochester (Post 12507366)
I have to rant a little bit and here is a good place to do it. It's about how frustrating it is when you ask someone to do something so simple and they willfully ignore you.

The other night was the Firemen's Parade. We help with traffic and crowd control. They used to let people on the floats throw candy but I guess a few old ladies got beaned, the FD had to pay someone's dentist bill so they changed it. They started throwing the candy on the ground. I am sure you can imagine what a cluster fuck that was. The kids were running out into the street and the people driving the float and the Fire Trucks were complaining they couldn't see where the kids were. The kids were running right in front of these vehicles to get the candy. So the new rule was, no candy.

The other night it was so nice having the kids actually sit in one place watching the parade. Then a few politicians came through and were handing out candy in the crowd. No problem. Then sure as shit, a couple floats started throwing it and kids were like piranha swarming. These kids would run in front of a moving train if it meant getting some candy. I asked them with a "please" not to do that. Of course they go 10 feet and start it again. You know, its not my rule and its not my kid that's gonna get run over. But asshole, I asked you not to do it, I was very polite when I asked, I have the legal authority to prohibit you, I can have a ticket written if you disobey. The rule wasn't put in place just to disappoint kids.

It seems so minor I'm sure you're all wondering what the big deal is. The deal is if a kid gets hurt at my corner I'll be the one who has to answer why I was letting people throw candy. I wasn't, well obviously you were or they wouldn't be throwing it. See that bus over there, we're going to throw you under it.

This sounds like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If you do nothing, a kid gets hurt and you get blamed. If you write tickets for disobedience, you're the guy who gave people tickets "just for giving candy to kids." I suppose I'd err on the side of giving tickets, since having a few people not like you wouldn't be nearly as bad as getting blamed when a float runs over a 5 year old.

Th0r S1mpson 06-13-15 04:58 PM

Were any of the kids black?

Mr. Salty 06-13-15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12507338)
Google it. There are lots of stories out on this one.

I have, and so far I haven't found a single one with verifiable details --- where it happened, names, nothing.

Not saying it didn't happened, but details are awfully sketchy for me to believe it hook, line and sinker.

JimRochester 06-14-15 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Th0r S1mpson (Post 12507554)
Were any of the kids black?

No, them we would have pushed out into the street because all first responders wake up in the morning hoping to off some black youth. [/sarcasm]

Nick Danger 06-14-15 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12507570)
I have, and so far I haven't found a single one with verifiable details --- where it happened, names, nothing.

Not saying it didn't happened, but details are awfully sketchy for me to believe it hook, line and sinker.

Details are nonexistent, but there's a cover story for that. They're afraid of retaliation by the authorities, see?

Dave99 06-16-15 11:55 PM

another isolated incident where multiple officers cover up the abuse of a fellow cop. This time, they get convicted for it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...are-no-videos/

inri222 06-17-15 09:00 AM

‘Rat Cop' Joe Crystal Shunned From Baltimore Police Department After Reporting Officer Brutality

“What happens in the family stays in the family. They’re mad at me because I went against that rule.
I remember saying to him: ‘Are we fucking cops, or are we in a gang? Which one is it? You can’t have it both ways.’”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7582374.html

EddieMoney 06-17-15 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12511269)
‘Rat Cop' Joe Crystal Shunned From Baltimore Police Department After Reporting Officer Brutality

“What happens in the family stays in the family. They’re mad at me because I went against that rule.
I remember saying to him: ‘Are we fucking cops, or are we in a gang? Which one is it? You can’t have it both ways.’”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7582374.html

Shit, Frank Pembleton would have had his back.