DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/597561-cops-behaving-badly-thread.html)

Mr. Salty 06-10-15 11:36 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12504578)
I don't think he was in the wrong, but a lot of SJWs do, so there'd be no way they'd rest until he was fired.

You say SJW. I say the near unanimous response of everyone who has seen the video.


Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 12504587)
The fact that you keep reducing that person's behavior to "scratching [his] ass" is telling. When you have to change or fabricate details in order to bolster your story, your story sucks.

The fact that you keep reducing the cop's throwing an unarmed 15-year-old girl --- who was, in fact, walking away, but apparently not fast enough --- down to a concrete sidewalk to "arresting" is telling. Your story also sucks.


Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12504614)
If people would stop acting like fucking animals

Here's a hint for your side: Every time a group of black people does something you disapprove of, don't refer to them as "fucking animals" and you won't sound so racist.


Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 12504618)
*I can virtually guarantee that every officer that's been through a police academy in the last 20 years has seen the video of Darrell Lunsford (also a Texas officer, by chance) (LINK) getting tackled by two people (who also appeared unarmed at the time) during a traffic stop. Once they had him on the ground, a third got out of the vehicle and pitched in. They drew a concealed knife, stabbed him, then took his gun and killed him. It's almost impossible to deal with two attackers and maintain control of your weapon, which is why multiple attackers will be treated as a much greater threat.

I hope a properly trained police officer can tell the difference in risk from being alone during a traffic stop on a lonely stretch if highway and breaking up a high school pool party in an affluent neighborhood in broad daylight with 11 other cops and private security as back up. If you can't, you shouldn't be a cop.


Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 12504625)
Not to mention he would have lost his own job. If you don't give the howling mob its blood offering, you become the blood offering as other chiefs have found recently.

By "howling mob" you mean the residents of the city who employ and pay the police.


Originally Posted by andicus (Post 12504788)
Nice convenient frame you chose.

Now, what was that about way off in his peripheral vision?

Not way off, but still in his peripheral vision. And the kid still slipped on the grass and was trying to keep from falling. His hand was where it was for a fraction of a second.


Originally Posted by andicus (Post 12504788)
Overall, he seems like a bit of a hothead, but certainly doesn't seem to have done anything which should result in his resignation.

You're right, an "overzealous" "hothead" who throws a girl to the ground for no reason and draws his weapon and unnecessarily escalates a situation like this should have been fired rather that be allowed to continue to draw benefits.

Mikael79 06-10-15 11:40 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Salty, I dislike how many cops handle things, but you're on a whole other level. This seems personal - what happened to you?

EddieMoney 06-10-15 11:49 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12504838)
Here's a hint for your side: Every time a group of black people does something you disapprove of, don't refer to them as "fucking animals" and you won't sound so racist.

Of course you would interpret that as racist. Because you're a social justice warrior. Must find a battle in everything, right?

EddieMoney 06-10-15 11:51 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12504838)
You're right, an "overzealous" "hothead" who throws a girl to the ground for no reason and draws his weapon and unnecessarily escalates a situation like this should have been fired rather that be allowed to continue to draw benefits.

No reason? She was non-compliant with a police officer who instructed her repeatedly to disperse. And it's okay for her to do without repercussion, because....??

Draven 06-10-15 11:54 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12504850)
Of course you would interpret that as racist. Because you're a social justice warrior. Must find a battle in everything, right?

You do know that black people have been considered less than human in the past, right? It's not an "interpretation" when it's clear as day.

EddieMoney 06-10-15 11:59 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12504858)
You do know that black people have been considered less than human in the past, right? It's not an "interpretation" when it's clear as day.

I don't look at that video and see a bunch of black people being animals. I see a bunch of people being animals. Just as I see the white people in the Walmart fight video in the random video thread as being animals. So my apologies, but I did not intend any racism in what I said. I just call them how I see them.

EddieMoney 06-10-15 12:01 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Let's be honest about something, though. Every time a civilian takes video of any type of police activity these days, it is done so they can find some flaw, some error, and plaster it on social media in the hopes of getting a police officer fired. This is what our civilization has become.

Me007gold 06-10-15 12:03 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12504858)
You do know that black people have been considered less than human in the past, right? It's not an "interpretation" when it's clear as day.

In one time or another so has every other race in the history of the world. Whats your point

Mr. Salty 06-10-15 12:04 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12504852)
No reason? She was non-compliant with a police officer who instructed her repeatedly to disperse. And it's okay for her to do without repercussion, because....??

She was walking the other direction on the sidewalk and he went after her for whatever reason.

But let's go ahead and say she needs to be arrested and charged with disorderly conduct or whatever, and let the court sort it out. That would be a repercussion. It should be possible for a grown man with police training to arrest and handcuff a noncombative 15-year-old girl in a bikini without throwing her to a concrete sidewalk first.


Originally Posted by Me007gold (Post 12504873)
In one time or another so has every other race in the history of the world. Whats your point

We aren't living in ancient Rome. The fact that you can't see the point is the problem.

Me007gold 06-10-15 12:07 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12504874)

We aren't living in ancient Rome. The fact that you can't see the point is the problem.

And we are not living in Colonial times any more either. 200 years ago, 2000 years ago, its all history. If you keep falling back on it, you are never going to be able to go forward. The fact that you can't see the point is the problem.

EddieMoney 06-10-15 12:08 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Here we go, injecting race into everything. Kinda like everyone else has regarding this incident! Whenever any wrongdoing is done and police intervene (so long as the perpetrator is not white), it MUST be racially motivated!

Yeah, we aren't living in ancient Rome. But with the collective mentality of our society these days, we may as well be living in the dark ages. Everyone is a victim.

CaptainMarvel 06-10-15 12:16 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12504838)
The fact that you keep reducing the cop's throwing an unarmed 15-year-old girl --- who was, in fact, walking away, but apparently not fast enough --- down to a concrete sidewalk to "arresting" is telling. Your story also sucks.

Holy fuck, dude. Dial back the crazy a little bit. He was talking about how easy it was for an innocent bystander to get a gun pointed at him. Ie., the male. I was talking about the male as well.


I hope a properly trained police officer can tell the difference in risk from being alone during a traffic stop on a lonely stretch if highway and breaking up a high school pool party in an affluent neighborhood in broad daylight with 11 other cops and private security as back up. If you can't, you shouldn't be a cop.
Sure, there's a difference. There's no difference as to the legal standard, however. Especially since there is no legal standard, because merely drawing your weapon isn't a use of force. If you think you might need to use it, you can and should draw it.

And for those 11 officers, how many people were they dealing with exactly?


By "howling mob" you mean the residents of the city who employ and pay the police.
No, I mean the media and the lynch mob feeding each other in a feedback cycle.


But let's go ahead and say she needs to be arrested. It should be possible for a grown man with police training to arrest and handcuff a noncombative 15-year-old girl in a bikini without throwing her to a concrete sidewalk first.
If somebody is compliant, it's possible to cuff them standing up. When somebody becomes uncompliant, it's virtually impossible to do. That's precisely why she got taken to the ground. It's a direct result of her own actions.

And again, Texas law does not afford you the right to physically resist an arrest, even if the arrest is unlawful. It's a crime to do so. So even taking your excuse about how she shouldn't have been arrested as true, she HAS committed an offense by resisting. Unless you'd like to now tell us she wasn't resisting.

Me007gold 06-10-15 12:21 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 12504891)
Unless you'd like to now tell us she wasn't resisting.


Of course she wasn't resisting, she was walking away. I've watched the video like 3 times. She was being a perfect angel, just trying to spread the word of Jesus Christ, when the big bad racist police man singled her out of a crowd. -rolleyes-

robin2099 06-10-15 12:45 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Not to mention he would have lost his own job. If you don't give the howling mob its blood offering, you become the blood offering as other chiefs have found recently.
Yep. And sadly, as Baltimore is learning right now, just because you get your blood offering be careful what is sacrificed as a result.


Of course she wasn't resisting, she was walking away. I've watched the video like 3 times. She was being a perfect angel, just trying to spread the word of Jesus Christ, when the big bad racist police man singled her out of a crowd.
Basically. I've said it multiple times before that if people who are being arrested don't resist, or try and fight the police these decrease by 90%. However, people never want to put any blame on those poor innocent arestee's who are doing nothing more than taking canned foods to their local orphanage, after helping an old woman cross the street and putting up dry wall in the community center. Then they get interrupted by those mean police who go and arrest them.

cultshock 06-10-15 12:50 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12504881)
we may as well be living in the dark ages.

Racist!

Baron Of Hell 06-10-15 12:51 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Thank god that maniac resigned. Hopefully he will be arrested for assault. He'll probably just get another job in a more racist police department.

andicus 06-10-15 12:59 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12504838)
Not way off, but still in his peripheral vision. And the kid still slipped on the grass and was trying to keep from falling. His hand was where it was for a fraction of a second.

You're either delusional or not a very good observer. Try viewing the video at .25 speed and tell me the cop doesn't look at him/them.

And how the hell is the cop supposed to know someone slipped? He just notices someone rapidly approaching him and when he looks at him, he's reaching behind his back.

Mr. Salty 06-10-15 01:00 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by robin2099 (Post 12504925)
However, people never want to put any blame on those poor innocent arestee's who are doing nothing more than taking canned foods to their local orphanage, after helping an old woman cross the street and putting up dry wall in the community center. Then they get interrupted by those mean police who go and arrest them.

Your post highlights how some police officers seem to see and treat people: Either they're sweet little angels doing the lord's good work or they're thugs to be thrown to the ground like dangerous, violent felons.

Most people are somewhere between those extremes. The other 11 officers in this situation seemed to understand that and didn't lose their shit before they even got out of their cars. Eric Casebolt didn't.

Draven 06-10-15 01:07 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Me007gold (Post 12504873)
In one time or another so has every other race in the history of the world. Whats your point

So if someone says to a black person "go back to picking cotton", that's not racist because other races have picked cotton throughout history?

So basically nothing is racist? That'll certainly make life easier for some people.

Me007gold 06-10-15 01:09 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12504949)
So if someone says to a black person "go back to picking cotton", that's not racist because other races have picked cotton throughout history?

So basically nothing is racist? That'll certainly make life easier for some people.

And that has what to do with the interaction between the cop and bikini girl?

Mr. Salty 06-10-15 01:17 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Me007gold (Post 12504951)
And that has what to do with the interaction between the cop and bikini girl?

It has to do with EddieMoney calling bikini girl and her friends "fucking animals."

Me007gold 06-10-15 01:22 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 12504967)
It has to do with EddieMoney calling bikini girl and her friends "fucking animals."

If YOU interpret that statement as racist, that makes YOU a racist. You are using your own preconceived notions to make that judgement.

Draven 06-10-15 01:27 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Calling black people "animals" is not racist? The same people who have been called subhuman, savages and worth less than the white man? That's what you're going with?

Is calling a black man a "cotton picker" not racist because other races have picked cotton?

Hokeyboy 06-10-15 01:29 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12504870)
Let's be honest about something, though. Every time a civilian takes video of any type of police activity these days, it is done so they can find some flaw, some error, and plaster it on social media in the hopes of getting a police officer fired.

Or rather it's a matter of keeping an arrogant self-regulated tier of civil servants accountable for their behavior when all other means have been proven utterly ineffective.

Hokeyboy 06-10-15 01:30 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
"I used to call the unruly white kid down the street a 'nasty little monkey'. What's so racist about calling the unruly black kid the same thing?"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.