DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/597561-cops-behaving-badly-thread.html)

Dave99 03-24-14 09:21 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Well this certainly helps their credibility, from the article. Also I think this PD is already under federal investigation for excessive force issues.

One of the officers who was involved, Keith Sandy has a notable history in New Mexico law enforcement. APD hired Sandy in 2007 after he was fired by New Mexico State Police over the Wackenhut scandal. Sandy was accused of fraud for making money doing private security work while on the clock for State Police.

When Sandy was hired by APD, the department said he would be a civilian employee and he wouldn’t have a gun or a badge. However, Sandy quickly rose through the department, landing on the ROPE Team, which goes after repeat offenders or some of the city’s most dangerous criminals.

Dave99 03-31-14 07:30 PM

Wrong house raid, police don't seem to much care about being in the wrong house. Instead of being open about the mistake, a judge seals the search warrant with a gag order. And then for good measure seals the gag order itself. That's a good system we have going on.
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/arti...office/5473596

DirkUSA 03-31-14 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rex Power Colt-Robot Man (Post 12055802)
Hes not saying Booyah its the K9 unit saying "fosse/foose" a command in German that means heel.

Ist that dog German?

funkyryno 03-31-14 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12063353)
Wrong house raid, police don't seem to much care about being in the wrong house. Instead of being open about the mistake, a judge seals the search warrant with a gag order. And then for good measure seals the gag order itself. That's a good system we have going on.

Wow. The Huron County sheriff is a real piece of work.

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 03-31-14 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA (Post 12063361)
Ist that dog German?

Preventative measure. Most K9 units are trained in a foreign language (most of the time German) so that suspects cant confuse the dog by speaking in English.

inri222 03-31-14 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12063353)

This is fucked up and they will never admit wrongdoing instead they cover it up, one hand washes the other between the judges and cops. If they were searching for drugs they probably tore this guys place apart and he will not get any financial compensation. He needs to get as much of the media involved as he can and an attorney.

DVD Polizei 03-31-14 09:29 PM

I agree with that. Get an attorney and be as visible as possible.

Nick Danger 04-01-14 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12053512)
Shooting in new mexico. I don't know if the initial shooting is justified or not. But when the guy is shot 3 times, is motionless on the ground, the screaming "drop the knife" over and over seems kind of weak (note to cops: people who've been shot might not be able to do what you say, because they might be dying). Following up 30 seconds later, after everyone has calmed down, with 3 bean bags from a shotgun from about 10 feet, then releasing the dog on the still motionless man seems just cowardly. Man dies.

This weekend, Anonymous took down the police website and called for a protest. Several hundred people took to the streets and protested, closing Central Avenue for seven or eight hours and blockading the Interstate for a while. After 9 PM, the police broke it up with tear gas. Up until then, the police stood in a line and tried to manage the situation. It took a few hours before the riot gear and horses showed up. One person brought an AK-47, but other protesters convinced him to take it home again. Some businesses were damaged, and some cops were injured.

My favorite part of the news report was an outraged reporter saying, "They refuse to talk to us, the media!"

Mark Honbo 04-01-14 02:36 AM

You know, after seeing that shooting in New Mexico, I wonder if it wouldn't just be better to abolish the New Mexico police, and start over completely from scratch. Obviously, they're filled with pondscum for officers.

Mark Honbo 04-01-14 02:39 AM

I've sadly had to conclude that most cops are bad, and there are only a few "good apples."

And even the "good" ones will usually tow the Blue Code of Silence.

Lt Ripley 04-01-14 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Honbo (Post 12063757)
I've sadly had to conclude that most cops are bad, and there are only a few "good apples." And even the "good" ones will usually tow the Blue Code of Silence.

Sadly, I have concluded that you are not able to put things in perspective very well.

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 04-01-14 07:31 AM

I've sadly had to conclude that most cops are bad, and there are only a few "good apples."

Thats because the "good" ones doing their jobs dont get the ink like the "bad" ones do. You almost never hear about the good LEOs do because that dosent make for a good story and/or outrage.

DirkUSA 04-01-14 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rex Power Colt-Robot Man (Post 12063405)
Preventative measure. Most K9 units are trained in a foreign language (most of the time German) so that suspects cant confuse the dog by speaking in English.

That makes sense but "fosse/foose" is not German.

Nick Danger 04-01-14 09:02 AM

April fools, huh?

Mark Honbo 04-01-14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley (Post 12063785)
Sadly, I have concluded that you are not able to put things in perspective very well.

Oh, did my post hit a little too close to home for you? So sorry! Have a cookie.

Lt Ripley 04-01-14 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Honbo (Post 12064845)
Oh, did my post hit a little too close to home for you? So sorry! Have a cookie.

That is how you justify your stupidity? Did my pointing out your ignorant conclusion hit close to home? Have some shit?

P.S. I am not a cop.

Mark Honbo 04-01-14 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley (Post 12064858)
That is how you justify your stupidity? Did my pointing out your ignorant conclusion hit close to home? Have some shit?

P.S. I am not a cop.

Uh huh, sure you're not. Not one of the few good ones, anyway.

Don't mace any peaceful college students today, okay?

Lt Ripley 04-01-14 10:19 PM

I guess I need a badge now.

Hokeyboy 04-01-14 10:42 PM

You can have my reflective sunglasses.

Lt Ripley 04-01-14 10:50 PM

Hell yeah! Got to get that look right!

inri222 04-02-14 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 12064936)
You can have my reflective sunglasses.

http://cdn1.horror-shop.com/out/pict...appe-20169.jpg

nemein 04-02-14 12:47 PM

Do you actually/personally know any cops?

Hokeyboy 04-02-14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12065329)

I said my sunglasses, NOT my mesh-leather torso tantalizer :mad:

EddieMoney 04-02-14 01:20 PM

Is that Al Pacino?

inri222 04-02-14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12065471)
Is that Al Pacino?

Hips or lips?