DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/597561-cops-behaving-badly-thread.html)

Draven 09-05-17 12:50 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 13150067)
Good on the hospital, basically giving the finger to cops and siding with their employees and patients.

Calling Nurse A 'Hero,' Utah Hospital Bars Police From Patient-Care Areas



Get fucked, pigs*!


*obviously, I don't mean all cops, just the ones that would do shit like this.

Good. Absolutely no reason for them to be in there unless the hospital requests their presence.

andicus 09-05-17 04:48 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
I'm not sure if that requirement would always be possible, or a good thing.

If an inmate is in need of medical treatment at a hospital, a prison guard would normally accompany them to the hospital. If that guard is now required to check in at the front desk, you've potentially got an unguarded prisoner.

Obviously, this was a completely different situation. It would seem there must be a better way to deal with it.

PerryD 09-05-17 05:00 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13150347)
I'm not sure if that requirement would always be possible, or a good thing.

If an inmate is in need of medical treatment at a hospital, a prison guard would normally accompany them to the hospital. If that guard is now required to check in at the front desk, you've potentially got an unguarded prisoner.

Obviously, this was a completely different situation. It would seem there must be a better way to deal with it.

oh, good point. Not just an inmate, just about any police encounter with an armed and dangerous criminal may land the criminal into a hospital. With no police allowed in the hospital, the criminal can definitely wreak havoc while the paperwork is being completed with the hospital administrators. Oh, well, I guess after a few nurses are murdered by the criminals, maybe they will find a middle ground policy-wise.

Draven 09-05-17 05:11 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13150347)
I'm not sure if that requirement would always be possible, or a good thing.

If an inmate is in need of medical treatment at a hospital, a prison guard would normally accompany them to the hospital. If that guard is now required to check in at the front desk, you've potentially got an unguarded prisoner.

Obviously, this was a completely different situation. It would seem there must be a better way to deal with it.

That is specifically why I said that it would be up to the hospital to ask the officers to come past the desk. No more officers assuming they can do whatever they want in a hospital just because they are cops.

I assume the hospital would know a prisoner would be coming in for medical treatment and the accompanying guard would easily (and logically) be cleared.



Originally Posted by PerryD (Post 13150361)
oh, good point. Not just an inmate, just about any police encounter with an armed and dangerous criminal may land the criminal into a hospital. With no police allowed in the hospital, the criminal can definitely wreak havoc while the paperwork is being completed with the hospital administrators. Oh, well, I guess after a few nurses are murdered by the criminals, maybe they will find a middle ground policy-wise.

I'd argue the Utah nurse had a better chance of being shot by the cops than by most criminals she's had to deal with. She wasn't respecting their authoritah, after all.

inri222 09-06-17 03:25 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Las Vegas cops threatened to 'blow my f****** head off': Video shows Seattle Seahawks player Michael Bennett cuffed on the ground after he says he was singled out 'for being a black man'

- Bennett, 31, claims he was picked out of a crowd that was running away from supposed gunfire after Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight in Las Vegas
- Former Super Bowl champion has retained counsel and is considering filing a civil rights lawsuit against the Las Vegas Metro Police Department
- Pro Bowl defensive end previously protested police violence against minorities by sitting during the playing of 'The Star Spangled Banner'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iling-him.html

JoeySeven 09-06-17 03:54 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
How you doing?
Police Misconduct: King County Sheriff's Department 8/16/17



Baron Of Hell 09-06-17 09:52 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Cop destroys a legal BBQ
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...treet-BBQ.html

The cop is now under investigation which means he might get paid vacation. Even if the cop thought they didn't have a right to BBQ he could have told them to finish what was on grill and then pack it up. Instead he pours water over the BBQ like a real hero.

Baron Of Hell 09-08-17 03:52 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Cops shoots photographer thinking camera was gun.
https://petapixel.com/2017/09/07/her...-photographer/

Oddly enough the cop knows the guy.

inri222 09-08-17 10:27 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
After Utah nurse’s violent arrest, local prosecutors ask FBI to help investigate police

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d6e794d66c32

inri222 09-08-17 01:51 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Racism and corruption in the City of Brotherly Love.

Black Philly narcotics cops slam white supervisors

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pe...-20170906.html

Baron Of Hell 09-11-17 05:44 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Cop points gun at driver for not turning on turn signal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lling-gun.html

Driver didn't have a record. Cop never gave a reason for why he pulled his gun.

PerryD 09-11-17 10:17 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 13154797)
Cop points gun at driver for not turning on turn signal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lling-gun.html

Driver didn't have a record. Cop never gave a reason for why he pulled his gun.

I don't know if this is the case for this incident, but if your windows are tinted too dark, the cop will tend to have his weapon ready until you lower your window. The driver may not notice that he is invisible to the cop therefore a possible threat.

creekdipper 09-12-17 08:24 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by PerryD (Post 13154979)
I don't know if this is the case for this incident, but if your windows are tinted too dark, the cop will tend to have his weapon ready until you lower your window. The driver may not notice that he is invisible to the cop therefore a possible threat.

I was stopped for a seat belt violation, and the trooper kept his hand on his weapon as he approached. I completely understood why given the animosity toward police.

I recently talked to a retired state trooper, and he said that the two most dangerous situations cops face are (not surprisingly) domestic disturbances followed by traffic stops.

To quote him, "There are no routine traffic stops. That kind of thinking is what gets you killed."

inri222 09-14-17 01:41 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Now this is shocking, I'm surprised they didn't award him a medal.

Ex-Rikers Guard Is Sentenced to 30 Years in Fatal Beating of Inmate

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/n...y.html?mcubz=3

Why So Blu? 09-14-17 02:59 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
This one pisses me off to no end. I want cops cracking down and "confiscating" money from kids in the suburbs that open lemonade stands, as well. Assholes.



slop101 09-14-17 03:23 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
That cop should hold one of those hot dogs - automatic bacon-wrapped dog!

Psi 09-14-17 07:38 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13156935)
This one pisses me off to no end. I want cops cracking down and "confiscating" money from kids in the suburbs that open lemonade stands, as well. Assholes.

What makes me mad is that the confiscation is supposedly legal.

inri222 09-15-17 09:12 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Facebook.html

'Hot cop' who shot to fame during Hurricane Irma posted offensive jokes about Jews and wrote that 'stupid people' should be put in an oven and dealt with 'the Hitler way' on Facebook

Gainesville police officer Michael Hamill pictured during Hurricane Irma
Along with two officers Hamill sent social media into meltdown when they shared a photo of them announcing how they were working through the night
But his stock has fallen after he was accused of writing anti-Semitic posts

Abob Teff 09-15-17 01:08 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Not sure how much the national eye is on St. Louis, but they are bracing for the worst. Downtown businesses have sent workers home for the day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bbfceeb0bd76

Former St. Louis police officer found not guilty in murder trial

EinCB 09-15-17 02:28 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
The judge said, "An urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly."

Well, okay!

Josh-da-man 09-15-17 10:47 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 13157345)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Facebook.html

'Hot cop' who shot to fame during Hurricane Irma posted offensive jokes about Jews and wrote that 'stupid people' should be put in an oven and dealt with 'the Hitler way' on Facebook

Gainesville police officer Michael Hamill pictured during Hurricane Irma
Along with two officers Hamill sent social media into meltdown when they shared a photo of them announcing how they were working through the night
But his stock has fallen after he was accused of writing anti-Semitic posts

You really have to wonder what guys like this say behind closed doors when you see the kind of things they think are appropriate to post publicly on social media.

inri222 09-16-17 10:28 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13157800)
You really have to wonder what guys like this say behind closed doors when you see the kind of things they think are appropriate to post publicly on social media.

I hung out a couple of times at a cop bar that a friend took me to. Some of the things that were said in conversations that I overheard and participated in were disgusting. Never went there again.

DVD Polizei 09-16-17 11:37 AM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13157800)
You really have to wonder what guys like this say behind closed doors when you see the kind of things they think are appropriate to post publicly on social media.

People from all professions say disgusting things when they believe they are not being overheard by those outside their circle. It's not unique to cops. I've heard EMTs say bigoted and just outright gross things, and even firefighters and hospital staff.

slop101 09-16-17 12:03 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
Heck, I've had more than one ex-girlfriend who would say some horrible racist shit when she was drunk (and not even very drunk). So yeah, it's fucking everywhere!

inri222 09-16-17 12:11 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread
 
St. Louis braces for more protests after police officer found not guilty in fatal shooting

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ley/673560001/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.