DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/597561-cops-behaving-badly-thread.html)

AaronSch 09-22-16 09:38 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 12905358)
Criminal activity like buying a toy gun in walmart.
Criminal activity like taking care of disable people
Criminal activity like knocking on a door when your car break downs.
Criminal activity like putting your hands on the roof of your car.

I am also happy t engage you in open debate. However, I don't have anything as stupid as your last sentence to write. What was your point? Are implying i'm a criminal? Just like making stupid statements?

Oooooh you are saying all black people are criminals. That isn't racist at all, nope.

Yeah, I get it, they were all angels. And funny, the rioters don't seem to frightened by the police. Aren't they trigger happy racists?

Why So Blu? 09-22-16 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSch (Post 12905472)
Yeah, I get it they were all angels.

So they deserved to die?

Artman 09-22-16 10:01 PM

Charlotte doing it's best Gotham City impression again tonight... :(

AaronSch 09-22-16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12905476)
So they deserved to die?

Did I say that? I certainly don't claim to know the specifics of every case. And since there were no specifics in the post I am not aware whether these were adjudicated and I suspect neither do you. But I will tell you this—if you are engaged in unlawful activity you run the risk of losing your life.—whether black, white, brown or yellow.

You know, when you buy insurance, part of the rating factor is based on the community in which you live. If there is a high amount of claims or accidents in your area your insurance will reflect that based on risk. So, if you engage in unlawful behavior and choose to disobey law enforcement you certainly run a greater risk of injury or death. Now I am not saying all officers are angels either. There are certainly bad apples in some police departments. But what our police have to deal with on a daily basis is nothing short of a nightmare and it is getting worse. You can't pull a driver over without facing the risk of being shot. There's no respect for law enforcement and it's no surprise that accidents happen when they are confronted by frenzied, drug addicted thugs on the street. I suppose all those people breaking into local businesses in Charlotte were just angry innocents. If they got shot they would have deserved it. I'll tell you this. If I was guarding my business and someone smashed mt storefront in and began to loot my business, I would shoot first and ask questions later. The left loves to come to the defense of radical Islam. If we had Sharia law, those folks wouldn't have the hands to commit these crimes again—not a bad idea. If anything law enforcement needs to get tougher and perpetrators need to pay a higher price—and that goes for any race color or creed. That is the primary responsibility of government.

Draven 09-22-16 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSch (Post 12905509)
Did I say that? I don't think I did... I certainly don't claim to know the specifics of every case. And since there were no specifics in the post I am not aware whether these were adjudicated and I suspect neither do you. But I will tell you this—if you are engaged in unlawful activity you run the risk of losing your life.—whether black, white, brown or yellow.

Nothing in his post was illegal. And yet...dead black people.

AaronSch 09-23-16 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12905514)
Nothing in his post was illegal. And yet...dead black people.

He was implying in his post that these occurrences are happening while people are going about their day in a totally innocent manner. That is complete BS. In most cases the people who have met a violent end were involved in high risk and frequently illegal activities. Here's a bunch of Charlotte innocents attacking a white guy—for being white. Graphic and REAL racism committed by violent, savage thugs and it happens all too frequently but where are the voices of anger? I suspect you'll start hearing them loud and clear. It's time.

There is of course hope that more reasonable voices will eventually prevail.

Why So Blu? 09-23-16 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by AaronSch (Post 12905509)
Did I say that? I certainly don't claim to know the specifics of every case. And since there were no specifics in the post I am not aware whether these were adjudicated and I suspect neither do you. But I will tell you this—if you are engaged in unlawful activity you run the risk of losing your life.—whether black, white, brown or yellow.

You know, when you buy insurance, part of the rating factor is based on the community in which you live. If there is a high amount of claims or accidents in your area your insurance will reflect that based on risk. So, if you engage in unlawful behavior and choose to disobey law enforcement you certainly run a greater risk of injury or death. Now I am not saying all officers are angels either. There are certainly bad apples in some police departments. But what our police have to deal with on a daily basis is nothing short of a nightmare and it is getting worse. You can't pull a driver over without facing the risk of being shot. There's no respect for law enforcement and it's no surprise that accidents happen when they are confronted by frenzied, drug addicted thugs on the street. I suppose all those people breaking into local businesses in Charlotte were just angry innocents. If they got shot they would have deserved it. I'll tell you this. If I was guarding my business and someone smashed mt storefront in and began to loot my business, I would shoot first and ask questions later. The left loves to come to the defense of radical Islam. If we had Sharia law, those folks wouldn't have the hands to commit these crimes again—not a bad idea. If anything law enforcement needs to get tougher and perpetrators need to pay a higher price—and that goes for any race color or creed. That is the primary responsibility of government.

Which is why I asked for clarification.

Well, I'm glad we don't have Sharia Law - that would be the least of our problems if we did.

Giantrobo 09-23-16 12:06 PM

He's actually praising Sharia Law. Wow. he is pretty much asking for more "Judge Dredd" type "Street Justice" where Cops just kill people in the streets for any perceived guilt.

hdnmickey 09-23-16 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12905287)
The cop who shot Terrence Crutcher has been charged with manslaughter. Could get a minimum of four years in prison. Innocent until proven guilty but it doesn't look good. And if found guilty, good riddance.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why So Blu? 09-23-16 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 12905862)
He's actually praising Sharia Law. Wow. he is pretty much asking for more "Judge Dredd" type "Street Justice" where Cops just kill people in the streets for any perceived guilt.

Judge Dredd is only a cool movie and comic series. Applied in the real world - it's fascism at its finest. That's what we DON'T want.

wearetheborg 09-23-16 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12905666)
Well, I'm glad we don't have Sharia Law - that would be the least of our problems if we did.

So are you against letting people into the US who support Sharia Law?

Why So Blu? 09-23-16 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by wearetheborg (Post 12905900)
So are you against letting people into the US who support Sharia Law?

What they support (that's your operative word) and actually carry out/believe are completely different things. I don't put limits on belief. Believe whatever the hell you want. It doesn't mean it's truth or policy. 300 million people in the U.S. - do I support their beliefs? What difference does it make on what people think coming into the U.S.? I'm not in the job of vetting folks. If I was then i would go by the rules set forth. Now common sense dictates folks don't run their mouths while being vetting. I have no control over that.

Do you support fascism?

wearetheborg 09-23-16 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12905906)
Believe whatever the hell you want. It doesn't mean it's truth or policy.

Given enough numbers, it becomes policy.

Why So Blu? 09-23-16 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by wearetheborg (Post 12906041)
Given enough numbers, it becomes policy.

So I take it you approve of fascism. I'm not surprised.

Giantrobo 09-23-16 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12906042)

Of course he does. But the second it fucks with him and his shit, trust me...he'll be "whining" like all those he looks down on now.

wearetheborg 09-23-16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12906042)

No, I don't.

AaronSch 09-24-16 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12905906)
What they support (that's your operative word) and actually carry out/believe are completely different things. I don't put limits on belief. Believe whatever the hell you want. It doesn't mean it's truth or policy. 300 million people in the U.S. - do I support their beliefs? What difference does it make on what people think coming into the U.S.? I'm not in the job of vetting folks. If I was then i would go by the rules set forth. Now common sense dictates folks don't run their mouths while being vetting. I have no control over that.

Do you support fascism?

I hope you mis-spoke.

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to The United States

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Troy Stiffler 09-24-16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 12905287)
The cop who shot Terrence Crutcher has been charged with manslaughter. Could get a minimum of four years in prison. Innocent until proven guilty but it doesn't look good. And if found guilty, good riddance.

Seems reasonable. I think that would be a step towards curbing this behavior, and the civil unrest that comes with it. Sucks that she made a mistake. But if I make a mistake by accidently shooting someone, or a car accident fatality, I'd expect the same treatment. It'd be rough to be in that position. But I think it's the right thing to do.

So, while prison sounds miserable - I think that someone has to "do the right thing" and be held accountable for their mistakes. That gesture could change the way people "feel" about these shootings. That could go a long way.

But that's me in my hippy dippy good guy world. I expect her to go free and some minor riots in Tulsa.

Why So Blu? 09-24-16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSch (Post 12906651)
I hope you mis-spoke.

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to The United States

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Yeah, I mentioned that I wasn't in the job of vetting. What if they're Atheists, though? That last part could be a problem. So you lie and move on, right? :sarcasm:

AaronSch 09-24-16 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12906693)
Yeah, I mentioned that I wasn't in the job of vetting. What if they're Atheists, though? That last part could be a problem. So you lie and move on, right?

No, don't lie. Just move somewhere else until the oath is changed.

Baron Of Hell 09-25-16 07:53 AM

Police officer makes up story about being shot by black man.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...D=ansmsnnews11

DVD Polizei 09-25-16 07:13 PM

Reprehensible act. But at least she was found out, which proves in this case, the system of internal checks and balances...works.

Baron Of Hell 09-25-16 07:28 PM

Sure it is bound to work a few times but what about the times it doesn't work. Like the time the lady cop arrested another cop for drunk driving and they harassed her off the force. Or the cop that got caught planting evidence on camera and still has his job. Also the cop that watch him do it still has his job.

This case is a little different from the other cases but considering nothing has happen to cops that murdered people on camera I doubt anything longterm will happen to her. Sure she will lose her job but like other cops some other police department will hire her.

DVD Polizei 09-25-16 08:50 PM

Well, how do you practically think that we'll catch all lying cops? Not only is it logically impossible when put on paper, but it's a goal that will never be achieved.

And if you don't agree, then what's your answer? Your goal will be based on absolutely perfect living beings. Currently, we don't have any on Earth. And yes, we would literally need robots on the streets, and not humans if you wanted a perfect 0% corruption rate. Of course, you would then introduce a higher "error" rate, since robots cannot think like human beings, and they might actually kill innocent people because they cannot determine situations like most cops.

If another PD hires this woman, I will be shocked. And if that does happen, her PD needs to be questioned on it. Instead of attacking all cops, let's focus on the ones that are bad, and pursue those fuckers and make sure they never wear a badge again. Instead of saying, "Oh there's another corrupt cop!", let's keep our sites on the bad ones, and make sure they are given the consequences of their actions.

inri222 09-27-16 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 12907004)
Police officer makes up story about being shot by black man.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...D=ansmsnnews11

Must've been the same black man that kidnapped and murdered Susan Smith's kids. :sarcasm: