DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/597561-cops-behaving-badly-thread.html)

DVD Polizei 01-30-16 07:32 PM

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Just want to clarify I'm not siding with this cop as his initial denials send flags to me, but it seems as if the news agency is using more words to describe the incidents rather than let the video run and speak for itself. I mean, the viewer is supposed to be shocked when they see the words "FARMED" and an ADHD kid who shits his pants.

Also, as if we're supposed to think this isn't a political issue like we saw with Steel and Castor.

http://www.abc15.com/news/local-news...r-abc15-report

A second opponent of Paul Babeu in the race for Arizona's first congressional district has publicly condemned the sheriff after an ABC15 report.
Democrat Tom O'Halleran, a former police officer and state legislator, issued a statement about Babeu's comments in a 1999 home video, showing him tout extreme disciplinary methods against children with special needs.

Originally Posted by O'Halleran
“As a police officer for over a decade, I served and protected families in tough neighborhoods. Child abuse investigations were among the most disturbing of my cases. Systematic psychological or physical abuse of defenseless children is reprehensible. My direct, formative work as a police officer propelled me decades later as a legislator to lead a bipartisan coalition that successfully reformed Arizona Child Protective Services. Unfortunately, in recent years, most of the good we did back then has been undone by poor leadership and inadequate funding.

Yes, we need more funding. And better leadership. Holy Fucking Shizza, you're saying you're that awesome better leader? Yayyyy.

Isn't that always the answer. Gimme more money. I can be a better leader.

Just what kind of school was this. I'm guessing a place where very aggressive and difficult kids are sent where they just can't be controlled in other typical settings because they might kill their peers or teachers?

In any case, Babeu is a current Congressional candidate and isn't it interesting how all this information is now just coming out.

I'm surprised we don't have reports of Gas Chambers and a shitload of skeletons.

inri222 02-01-16 01:51 PM

Remember folks, dashcam videos should only be used in court to prove civilian guilt

Dog attack dash cam video on the docket

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime/...cket/79488144/

movieguru 02-01-16 09:44 PM

Woman pulls over cop for speeding:

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-pulls-ov...210200359.html

EddieMoney 02-02-16 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 12712682)

Good thing she wasn't also speeding to catch up to him.

Oh wait...

movieguru 02-02-16 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12712873)
Good thing she wasn't also speeding to catch up to him.

Oh wait...

I know!! She said she had to go 80mph to catch up with him. But cops also speed to catch up to speeders to give them a ticket for speeding. Kinda ironic isn't it.

EddieMoney 02-02-16 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 12712907)
I know!! She said she had to go 80mph to catch up with him. But cops also speed to catch up to speeders to give them a ticket for speeding. Kinda ironic isn't it.

Don't cops sometimes have to respond to calls WITHOUT flashing their lights and siren so as not to draw attention to themselves? Seems like this woman just wanted her fifteen seconds of fame.

kvrdave 02-02-16 10:38 AM

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31112136...er-for-burglar

Police use Taser on middle school cleaning lady, mistaking her for burglar

:lol: I feel so much safer with these heroes in blue on the streets.

inri222 02-02-16 11:15 AM

Luckily she wasn't driving around in a pickup truck or else she would have been mistaken for a stocky black guy.

kvrdave 02-02-16 02:38 PM

Well, about what you'd expect....a cop is caught on tape being a piece of shit while moonlighting as security at Heinz field. Tape gets released and the piece of shit cop gets charged with assault and official oppression. They show the video. Cop is a piece of shit. But it isn't just him this time. The judge is a piece of shit as well. He decides that the guy standing there doing nothing is the aggressor and the cop was the victim. You can see it for yourself, obviously.

See how safe we all are now with this guy? :lol: What a piece of shit. Naturally all the cops in the courtroom cheered because they now know that assault is legal, so long as you are a cop and lie. :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M57VLHXYnL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EddieMoney 02-02-16 02:47 PM

He really did nothing wrong (except beat the shit out of the kid for no good reason).

inri222 02-02-16 03:06 PM

This guy is the best.

Ex-Suffolk Police Chief James Burke Mulls Plea Deal in Alleged Beating : http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...367403341.html

Bad Cop, Worse Cop: James Burke and the Overwhelming Stench of Corruption in Suffolk County : http://www.newsweek.com/james-burke-...istrict-411386

kvrdave 02-02-16 05:12 PM

He ought to take the deal. Federal prosecution rate was 93% in 2012. I doubt it dips below 85% often.

kvrdave 02-03-16 10:24 AM

Apparently if cops don't know you were a cop as well, they'll go ahead and assume you should have the shit beat out of you. :lol: At some point, enough people get assaulted or killed that this might need to change.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...illy_cops.html

Retired cop files complaint against Philly cops

KEVIN BOOKER figures it was around 11:30 at night when someone started pounding on his front door, late enough to make him a little nervous.

When he swung open the door to his Logan home on Jan. 8, no one was there. Booker shrugged it off, trudged back to bed, and went to sleep.

An hour later, the pounding resumed. This time it was loud enough to wake his neighbors.

Booker, 54, a retired Philadelphia police officer, grabbed his .380-caliber handgun and headed for the door again.

"I said, 'Who is it?' and I heard someone say, 'Police, open up!' " he said.

He placed his gun on a banister and opened the door.

There, two police officers accused Booker of using two phony $10 bills to pay a delivery driver for a cheesesteak and pizza that Booker insisted he never ordered.

During the ensuing back-and-forth, Booker claims, the officers forced their way into his house, handcuffed him, and threatened to haul him off to jail.

But they eventually left, after realizing that Booker hadn't ordered any food or dished out any counterfeit bills. Internal Affairs is investigating the incident, and Booker is vowing to sue the Police Department.

"This is the kind of thing that makes it harder for people to trust the police," Booker told the Daily News. "And it makes people like me angry. I used to be a police officer."

Booker said a delivery driver from Sorrento's Pizza, on Olney Avenue near Ogontz, stood near his house on Ashdale Street near Belfield Avenue while one of the officers questioned Booker about the supposed transaction.

"He said, 'Look, if you don't give [the driver] his $20, I'm taking you to Northwest Detectives,' " Booker said. "I didn't order any food. I asked the delivery guy, 'Are you sure you came to this house?' He just pointed at my address number and then at his phone."

Booker said he told the cops to check the phone number on the delivery slip, certain that it wouldn't match his.

They didn't go for it.

Booker claims that one of the officers forcibly entered his house, threw him to the floor, handcuffed him, and punched him in the back of the head. The other cop rifled through his trash, recycling bin, and refrigerator, perhaps hoping to find traces of the takeout meal.

"I said, 'I used to be a police officer,' and the one officer said, 'I don't care. It doesn't matter. You probably got fired anyway,' " Booker said. ( :lol: SHUT THE FUCK UP, WE'LL DETERMINE WHO LIVES AND DIES! :lol: )

Booker spent nine years on the police force, retiring in 2000 because of a knee injury he said he sustained in a fall.

The cops pulled off the cuffs and left. Booker said he tracked down the delivery driver, who apologized for the confusing ordeal. The driver explained that someone had used Booker's address to order the food, then paid him with the phony bills at the curb and took off.

Booker said he filed a complaint with Internal Affairs and was interviewed by a detective. He also hired the prominent civil rights attorney David Rudovsky.

"Once we have the results of the investigation, we'll make a further determination on how to proceed," Rudovsky said.

"I think they need to be fired," Booker said of the two cops. "They didn't do their jobs properly. They violated me."

Lt. John Stanford, a police spokesman, said the officers are on active duty while the Internal Affairs investigation plays out.
So professional. No wonder cops are so loved. :lol:

They have earned my respect. :lol:

Dave99 02-03-16 10:37 AM

Reminder #538, don't open your door to anyone you don't know, especially at 1130 or 1230 at night, police (which they might or might not be) or not. If they have a warrant, they'll make their own way in anyway.

kvrdave 02-03-16 10:39 AM

An now I need to set this up because I don't want people to get the wrong idea. The judge makes a number of statements that we all know are false. So now that you know that she is a lying bitch who just hates the police, you can understand the real story.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._years_in.html

Officer nicknamed 'robocop' gets 13 months for beating motorist

DETROIT, MI -- Fired Inkster police officer William Melendez, 47, will spend at least 13 months and up to 10 years in prison for the videotaped beating of 58-year-old motorist Floyd Dent in January 2015.

The sentence will be reduced by 85 days for time served.

A jury convicted Melendez in November of assault with intent to do great bodily harm and misconduct in office.

With his arms crossed, Melendez blinked frequently as Wayne County Circuit Judge Vonda Evans summarized her interpretation of the crime, calling his acts "cowardly" and "barbaric."

She referred to the dash-camera that captured the arrest as the "eye of justice."

"He was grabbed out thrown to the ground and struck 16 times in the head by the defendant," Evans said. "Mr. Dent was struck, kicked and Tased while he was on the ground by a group" of officers who appeared to celebrate and bump fists afterwards.

Evans said one image that stuck out to her was surveillance video of Dent in his jail cell after the beating. He was sitting there and shaking his head on a cot, she said.

Evans said she's confident Dent would give back every penny of his $1.37 million settlement to go back in time before his attack, and that the settlement money could have been put to better use by the Inkster Police Department.

"It seems like you thought you were fighting a losing battle ... It's like a cancer," Evans said to Melendez. " ... It eats away at you ... It's compounded by being a police officer.

"There's a culture among police officers ... the 'Blue wall of silence,' protecting police officers at all cost ... us versus them ... and cover-up mentality."

Evans said police are trained to "conform and obey" through shame and obedience.

Being a police officer in a city with very little money means you're "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Evans said "we'll pay now or we'll pay greater later" if we don't invest properly in our police force.

"The game went like this: Let's follow a car in a known drug area, and based on your experience you knew it would likely be a black man ... " Evans said. "You and your sidekick ... caught your prey."

Evans called the arrest "dirty, filthy" tasks.

"You were so into your bravado you forgot the eyes of justice was watching you," the judge said. "You knew better; you were better trained than all of those officers out there."

Melendez said it's unfortunate the public doesn't feel his actions were justified. He asked them not to lose faith in law enforcement because many officers would give up their lives to save a citizen's. (not him, obviously, but many :lol: )

Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Bob Donaldson accused Melendez of planting evidence and lying on police reports and under oath.

Donaldson asked the judge to sentence Melendez harshly as a message to other police officers who might abuse their power.

Defense attorney James Thomas called Melendez's actions a "lapse of judgement in a brief moment in time."

Melendez addresses court

He appeared in court Tuesday with shiny, groomed hair and a fresh black suit. Melendez glanced back at his wife and smiled before taking his seat at the defense table. Two rows back over the ex-cop's right shouder sat 58-year-old Dent with his daughter.

Defense attorney James Thomas said Melendez is a man who "put on a uniform every day and went out into public not knowing what was going to happen," "stood in front of people being shot at and protected them," rushed into a burning building to save lives and, was once named Detroit police officer of the year and received at least 14 awards for his police work.

Wayne Circuit Judge Vonda Evans said 16 people wrote letters of recommendation on Melendez's behalf.

Despite the dismissal of charges, Thomas maintained that Dent was using cocaine the night in question.

"Robocop" is the nickname Melendez earned because of rough tactics he allegedly used while policing in Detroit, where he worked prior to taking a job in Inkster.

Melendez was performing surveillance on a motel known for prostitution and drugs Jan. 28, 2015 when he saw Dent leave the premises. Melendez began following Dent and activated his lights after Dent committed an alleged traffic violation.

Dent didn't immediately stop. Video footage of the stop showed Dent proceed, while swerving, for more than 20 seconds before coming to a complete stop. Dent testified he was swerving to avoid potholes and didn't want to stop in an area that wasn't well lit.

When he did stop, Dent opened the driver-side door and was pulled from his Cadillac by unpaid volunteer police officer John Zieleniewski.

Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Robert Donaldson called Zieleniewski a "wannabe cop" who doesn't like black people.

"At least give me the satisfaction of knowing you were out there beating up ***********s right now," read a text sent to Zieleniewski in 2015 that was read aloud during a hearing. "LOL," Zieleniewski responded months after the Dent arrest, apparently referring to someone else. "Just got done with one."

After Dent was pulled from the car, Melendez placed Dent in a chokehold and began punching him in the face and head.
That's about half the story and you can read the rest at the link, but Blue wall of silence? That doesn't exist. Us or them mentality? We all know that's just made up by the media, probably. Cover up mentality? Cops are only a force of good and show us what is right in society, so obviously that is made up by some bitch judge on her period. And trained to "conform and obey" through shame and obedience? She must just hate cops. She probably doesn't even know any. She's just mean.

:lol:

kvrdave 02-03-16 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12713966)
Reminder #538, don't open your door to anyone you don't know, especially at 1130 or 1230 at night, police (which they might or might not be) or not. If they have a warrant, they'll make their own way in anyway.

It appears they will whether they have a warrant or not.

inri222 02-03-16 10:54 AM

Judge Unseals Records Detailing Alleged Police Misconduct in First Paralyzed Indian Grandfather Trial

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-am...indian-n510376

Dave99 02-03-16 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12713971)
It appears they will whether they have a warrant or not.

Big difference between opening the door and letting them push their way in, or staying quiet and letting them decide if they want to kick the door in.

inri222 02-03-16 11:03 AM

Here are a few bucks, now shut up.

Northampton settling lawsuit over alleged police brutality

http://wwlp.com/2016/02/01/northampt...ice-brutality/

DVD Polizei 02-03-16 11:31 AM

Somebody has to accept the offer, you know, in order for it to remain "shut up". I would be asking for more than that.

Draven 02-03-16 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12713993)
Big difference between opening the door and letting them push their way in, or staying quiet and letting them decide if they want to kick the door in.

Honestly, I'd open the door. Less chance of getting shot because I have the remote control in my hand while sitting on the couch.

kvrdave 02-05-16 11:24 AM

Pregnant? Let's beat on her! :lol:

Lawsuit: Woman miscarried after cops 'battered' her during 'false' arrest

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Despite telling them she was pregnant, cops "battered" her, causing her to miscarry, during an incident at her home 15 months ago, a Mariners Harbor woman alleges in an explosive lawsuit.

Officers "struck her in the stomach and threw her to the ground and stepped on her," on Nov. 2, 2014, alleges the suit recently filed by Emelda Fitzroy in Brooklyn federal court.

Fitzroy's civil complaint does not specify why cops came to her home, although it notes she was arrested on charges of felony and misdemeanor assault, misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration, and lesser counts of harassment.

All of those charges were dropped last week on Jan. 26, the complaint states.

Fitzroy, a home health aide, alleges deprivation of civil rights, use of excessive force, false arrest, unlawful search and seizure, and common-law assault and battery.

She suffered "severe and permanent psychological pain" due to her loss of the fetus, the complaint alleges.

Fitzroy has sued the city and four cops and seeks unspecified monetary damages.

The incident occurred around 1:45 p.m., the complaint says.

The cops approached Fitzroy, "forcibly grabbed" her and arrested her "without any legal justification," according to the complaint.

Fitzroy told cops she was pregnant, yet they still "battered" her, hitting her in the stomach, throwing her down and stepping on her, the complaint alleges.

Fitzroy miscarried "as the result of the injuries she sustained" at cops' hands, alleges the complaint, which doesn't say how many months she had been pregnant.

Fitzroy was incarnated for more than 26 hours until her release around 4 p.m. on Nov. 3, 2014, after her Criminal Court arraignment, the complaint states.

She had to hire a lawyer to fight the criminal charges, and appear in court multiple times before the charges were dismissed last week, alleges her complaint.

Prosecutors confirmed the charges were dropped, but declined further comment because the court file has been sealed.

Fitzroy's lawyer, Regina L. Darby, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment on the lawsuit.

A city Law Department spokesman said the city would not comment on the suit "before all the facts are in."

"We'll review the allegations," the spokesman said.

An NYPD spokeswoman declined comment because the lawsuit is pending.

A spokesman for the Civilian Complaint Review Board said Civil Rights Laws prevented him from confirming whether or not a complaint was filed with the agency about the incident, and if there has been a disposition.
I think there might be a typo with "incarnated" instead of "incarcerated." But we won't have to live in fear of pregnant women anymore now that the cops are here to protect us. Must have been real serious stuff if all charges were dropped, huh? It should be interesting to see how this ends up.

inri222 02-05-16 11:42 AM

Can't even trust your own

Black NYPD Cop Awarded $15 Million After False Arrest & Beating By Fellow Officers At His Home

http://newsone.com/3352249/black-nyp...llow-officers/

wearetheborg 02-06-16 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 12713296)
Well, about what you'd expect....a cop is caught on tape being a piece of shit while moonlighting as security at Heinz field. Tape gets released and the piece of shit cop gets charged with assault and official oppression. They show the video. Cop is a piece of shit. But it isn't just him this time. The judge is a piece of shit as well. He decides that the guy standing there doing nothing is the aggressor and the cop was the victim. You can see it for yourself, obviously.

See how safe we all are now with this guy? :lol: What a piece of shit. Naturally all the cops in the courtroom cheered because they now know that assault is legal, so long as you are a cop and lie. :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M57VLHXYnL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The lawyer says the cop was concerned about the safety of the people around him. But when he starts beating the dude, his buddies still casually have their hands in their pockets. What the hell Judge?

wearetheborg 02-06-16 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12715925)
Can't even trust your own

Black NYPD Cop Awarded $15 Million After False Arrest & Beating By Fellow Officers At His Home

http://newsone.com/3352249/black-nyp...llow-officers/

I'd like to know how cooperative he was during the incident, or whether he was getting physically aggressive.