Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Old 08-20-15, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

If true, this is messed up. This officer supposedly shot a wounded non-threatening unarmed burglary suspect in the groin after calling him a piece of shit :

Baltimore police officer charged with attempted murder in 2014 case

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/19/us/bal...ficer-charged/
Old 08-20-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Okay, we don't have the very beginning of what happened, and it is entirely possible that the dog was attacking in some way. The video starts with the dog already shot, so we don't know. But the dog was still alive....that is until they took the time to go back for a shotgun and fucking executed it in front of the owner. Likely what the officer did was a mercy killing because no one takes their injured pets to vets anymore, they just wait for the police to show up and kill your fucking dog in front of you. To be fair, it was a black dog, so I'm sure we'll find a reason to justify this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g8H67mOX6GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Okay, nice try, whoever hacked kvrdave's account. You've slipped up. Like any of us are going to believe Dave is complaining about anybody shooting a dog.

I mean, this is a guy who's killed dogs for staring at him (hypothetically).

Last edited by CaptainMarvel; 08-20-15 at 10:01 AM. Reason: "About about" is probably not not not good grammar.
Old 08-20-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought that when I posted.

YOU'LL ALL RUE THE DAY!!!!!
Old 08-20-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ouroboros has eaten its tail. The end times are upon us.
Old 08-20-15, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He's a reformed man :

Old 08-20-15, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What is he doing to that dog?!
Old 08-20-15, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know but they sure do look happy.
Old 08-20-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
If true, this is messed up. This officer supposedly shot a wounded non-threatening unarmed burglary suspect in the groin after calling him a piece of shit :

Seems excessive, but you never know until you've been in that situation, AMIRITE?
Old 08-20-15, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
What is he doing to that dog?!
DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!

Dogs do suck, though.
Old 08-20-15, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even cartman wouldn't shoot a guy in the dick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCDY5XhZng
Old 08-21-15, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

Police didn't shoot anyone but did shake them down for money.
Old 08-22-15, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm curious to see if Giantrobo thinks this counts as slave mentality. I don't think it does but I'm eager to get his take on it. Should the citizens cooperate with the police? Should they be quiet? Should they take the law into their own hands?

We just had a drive-by shooting the other night. 3 dead, 4 wounded, all 15 - 17 years of age. We have had a ton of gang activity this summer. We have had a shooting on average every 32 hours since the beginning of June.
drive by shooting

I'm paraphrasing but I for one liked his take: A local pastor of the black church went on TV and ranted. If this had been a white police officer shooting these boys we would be protesting, we'd be burning down this school, we'd be marching demanding justice. There has been a shooting every 32 hours since June and you people do nothing. Where are the Black Lives Matter people now? It seems black on black killing must be OK.

His speech was wholly endorsed on the morning radio and news shows. But only time will tell if people will do anything about the violence.
Old 08-22-15, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You expect gang members to kill people, you shouldn't have to worry about cops doing it.
Old 08-22-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Actually I do expect cops to shoot people. People that are putting their, or others lives in danger. There are obviously numerous examples in this thread where they shouldn't have but many where they were.
Old 08-22-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
You expect gang members to kill people, you shouldn't have to worry about cops doing it.
Then why no 'spect, bro.
Old 08-22-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess that's the attitude they're talking about. You expect gang members to kill people so as long as it's not your little brother don't worry about it.
Old 08-22-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
I'm curious to see if Giantrobo thinks this counts as slave mentality. I don't think it does but I'm eager to get his take on it. Should the citizens cooperate with the police? Should they be quiet? Should they take the law into their own hands?

We just had a drive-by shooting the other night. 3 dead, 4 wounded, all 15 - 17 years of age. We have had a ton of gang activity this summer. We have had a shooting on average every 32 hours since the beginning of June.
drive by shooting

I'm paraphrasing but I for one liked his take: A local pastor of the black church went on TV and ranted. If this had been a white police officer shooting these boys we would be protesting, we'd be burning down this school, we'd be marching demanding justice. There has been a shooting every 32 hours since June and you people do nothing. Where are the Black Lives Matter people now? It seems black on black killing must be OK.

His speech was wholly endorsed on the morning radio and news shows. But only time will tell if people will do anything about the violence.
Because the specific issue Black Lives Matter is addressing is blacks killed by cops. Everything else is deflection. Why not criticize them for not addressing blacks dying of famine in Africa?
Should MADD be criticized for concentrating on drunk drivers but not distracted drivers? Aren't the lives of those killed by distracted drivers as important as those killed by drunk drivers?
Again it's either intentional deflection or poor thinking by those doing the criticizing.
Latest example is the "anchor babies" brouhaha. Repubs are deflecting by pointing out that dems don't care about babies because they support abortion. Apples and oranges.
Old 08-23-15, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another fool on candid camera :

Philadelphia police officer to driver: 'You buy these, or I take your car'

http://6abc.com/news/philly-cop-to-d...ur-car/951155/
Old 08-24-15, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's funny how the "commanders" from the police force said that cadets are reminded over and over to assume there's video recording going on so they should watch what they do, rather than saying that they just shouldn't do inappropriate things.
Old 08-24-15, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Because avoiding the appearance of impropriety isn't also important?
Old 08-24-15, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's like saying don't do X because you might get caught, rather than saying don't do X because it's the wrong thing to do. Otherwise it raises the possibility of "it's okay to do X because I'm absolutely certain no one is watching."
Old 08-24-15, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

Police didn't shoot anyone but did shake them down for money.
Another fool on candid camera :

Philadelphia police officer to driver: 'You buy these, or I take your car'

http://6abc.com/news/philly-cop-to-d...ur-car/951155/
The chief plans to refer the case to prosecutors, the Associated Press reports. "That's totally inappropriate, and it could very well be illegal," Ramsey said.
Holy shit, blackmail/extortion could very well be illegal.
Old 08-24-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
It's like saying don't do X because you might get caught, rather than saying don't do X because it's the wrong thing to do. Otherwise it raises the possibility of "it's okay to do X because I'm absolutely certain no one is watching."
No, I understood what you were saying the first time. You're neglecting the fact that even if you're not doing anything wrong, you still have to watch what you say/do because people filming will not capture the entire interaction, or selectively edit what they put out there, or lie about the context (e.g. the guy a few pages back who filmed "abusive police" and everybody bought it, up until the cops released their own camera footage). At this point, it's not enough to "not do the wrong thing."

At this point, if you've been telling a subject for 30 minutes straight he's under arrest, and a CopWatch douche shows up at minute 31, you'd better go ahead, cover yourself, and repeat it again for the cameras before you use force.
Old 08-24-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fair enough. But given the context of the story, it is not the sort of quote you want to provide.
Old 08-24-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post

drive by shooting

Slave Mentality on the part of the Pastor who made the comments? Based on your take above I'd say No. He makes a good point. Plus he's not defending some Non-Black who proposed Death and a cover up on a Black person...

As far as the other stuff...Yeah Blacks should work with Cops to get the murderers/criminals put away in Our Communities. I've long said to other Blacks that the "Snitches get Stitches" and "Everyone hat<b>e</b>s a Rat" mentality is fine for Italian Neighborhoods and Mob movies...but this mentality keeps Black Communities from being safe places to live.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-24-15 at 03:28 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.