Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Old 08-05-15, 02:17 PM
  #3001  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,005
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
So stop raising hell and accept your fates just as us white people have!
That would be a "NO".
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 08-05-15, 02:20 PM
  #3002  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,622
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Someone must have a modicum of common sense among us! How about Mexicans? I don't read about a lot of Mexicans complaining too loudly when their people are murdered by law enforcement. I don't know what Trump is talking about, this is true patriotism if it ever existed!
EddieMoney is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 12:33 PM
  #3003  
Political Exile
 
grundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,141
Dashcam video proves Garnet Coleman lied about being mistreated by police officer

Garnet Coleman is a state representative from Texas. After he was stopped by a police officer for driving 94 mph, he claimed that the police officer had mistreated him. However, the dashcam video proved that he was lying.

If anything, the police officer went too easy on him, because he didn't ticket him. Such a ticket (combined with a previous ticket that he should have gotten, but did not) would have caused him to lose his driver's license. If anything, the police officer did a terrible disservice to the innocent drivers in Texas, whose lives are at risk because of this reckless driver.


http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/...stop/31143361/

Dash cam video released of state rep's traffic stop

August 5, 2015

The Austin County Sheriff's Office released the dash camera video of a July 14 traffic stop of State Representative Garnet Coleman Tuesday to refute claims Coleman made last week about being disrespected and treated "like a child."

Coleman, as the chair of the Committee on County Affairs, held a hearing last Thursday in Austin as the first public inquiry into the arrest and death of Sandra Bland in Waller County. In that hearing, The Houston Democrat recounted his own history of being pulled over in traffic stops and gave this account of an I-10 traffic stop that happened just two weeks ago.

"He talked to me like I was a child," he said of the sheriff's deputy who pulled him over for speeding. "He was so rude and nasty. Even when he found out I was a legislator, he became more rude and nasty. And I didn't understand why this guy was continuing to go on and on and treat me like a child. And basically like I'm saying is treat me like a boy. I want to be very clear about that," Coleman said in the committee hearing.

This week the Austin County Sheriff's Office revealed to KHOU 11 News that one of its deputies made that traffic stop near Sealy on the morning of July 14. And Austin County Sheriff Jack Brandes released the dash cam video of the stop to let the public decide for themselves if his deputy did anything wrong.


"I think the video shows exactly what happened," Brandes said. "I saw nothing that indicated that he put forth any disrespect whatsoever," Brandes said of the Austin County Sheriff's sergeant who made the traffic stop.

The dash cam video shows a sergeant for Austin County on patrol in the eastbound lanes of I-10 near exit 718. Coleman's car passes him on the left. The deputy clocked Coleman on radar going 94 miles per hour. The speed limit is 75 MPH. Coleman turns on his emergency flashers, pulls over immediately and the deputy approaches his car on the passenger side.

"How you doing?" the sergeant asks.

"All right. How are you?" Coleman answers.

"Pretty good. What's the rush?" the sergeant says.

"I'm just trying to go home," Coleman said.

"You can't do 94 miles an hour, though," the sergeant said.

"I didn't realize that," Coleman said, indicating he didn't notice how fast he was going.

The entire traffic stop lasts approximately 9 minutes. Coleman tells the deputy that he is a state representative. The deputy says he is aware of that fact. He has already run his state representative license plate in the patrol car computer and found at least one previous speeding violation in Wharton County.

After researching Coleman's driving record on the patrol car computer, the deputy returns to the side of Coleman's car three and a half minutes later. This is part of the final exchange:

(Deputy): "Mr. Coleman. I'll let you go with a warning. This is the same thing Wharton County did with you last year."

(Coleman): "Yeah...like I said. They didn't give me a ticket."

(Deputy): "It's still on your record right now points-wise. If Wharton County had given you a ticket and I gave you a ticket today you'd lose your driver's license on points."


(Deputy): "Stop speeding in a state car, OK? You got state plates on here, man. It's a state official plate. You realize how bad that looks?"

(Coleman): "I understand what you're saying. The speed got away from me."

Some of what Coleman says next can't be made out clearly due to traffic noise. But then he can be heard talking to the deputy about the way he feels he's being treated: "…but I'm not a child."

"I didn't say you were a child," the deputy responds. "I'm just trying to make you understand."

"I appreciate what you're doing," Coleman says.

"OK just slow down some, OK?" the deputy asks while still standing at the passenger side window.

"I just wasn't paying attention," Coleman said.

"Well, pay attention," the deputy says as their conversation ends and Coleman drives away without a speeding ticket.

"I think the video needs to be seen because it depicts exactly what happened," said Sheriff Brandes. "He did not write him a ticket. He took the approach to help the gentleman. And that was his objective. And I think he accomplished it quite well. We treat everybody fairly and honestly. And that's the way it should be."

KHOU 11 News made numerous attempts to reach Rep. Coleman for response to the release of the dash cam footage from Austin County. His staff indicated he was out of reach in Seattle attending a conference but that he would respond as soon as possible.

grundle is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 12:44 PM
  #3004  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Re: Dashcam video proves Garnet Coleman lied about being mistreated by police officer

< throws away The Shape of Jazz to Come in disgust >
dork is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 12:48 PM
  #3005  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 46,263
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Alabama officer kept job after proposal to murder black man and hide evidence

Secret recording played for local officials, in which police officer says resident ‘needs a god damn bullet’, resulted in $35,000 payout to prevent man from suing

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...n-self-defense
inri222 is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 12:55 PM
  #3006  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,622
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

There's a good chance that officer was a sovereign citizen.
EddieMoney is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 01:03 PM
  #3007  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,218
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I prefer Independent Contractor.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 01:07 PM
  #3008  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,622
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Whatever you want to call them, I just hope they stay out of my way when I'm travelling down the road.
EddieMoney is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 01:08 PM
  #3009  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18,598
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Or they'll find themselves on the confrontation cam.
DaveyJoe is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 01:16 PM
  #3010  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Ugh, Alex City. That unfortunately sounds about right for that place.
CaptainMarvel is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 01:36 PM
  #3011  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,622
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Or they'll find themselves on the confrontation cam.
Damn right. I won't hesitate to run them down for an imagined infringement on my driving privileges so I can scream at them like a lunatic. That is what YouTube stars are made of.
EddieMoney is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 04:15 PM
  #3012  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,005
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Alabama officer kept job after proposal to murder black man and hide evidence

Secret recording played for local officials, in which police officer says resident ‘needs a god damn bullet’, resulted in $35,000 payout to prevent man from suing

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...n-self-defense
Wow.

This here is my favorite part:

“This town is ridiculous,” Bias, 49, said in an interview. “The police here feel they can do what they want, and often they do.” Alexander City police chief Willie Robinson defended Middlebrooks. “He was just talking. He didn’t really mean that,” he said in an interview.

These are the are the sad words of a Black Man so acclimated to Racism and Police Abuses, he actually makes excuses for a sick fuck COP who threatened him with DEATH and and follow up Conspiracy. I mean wow. That is TRUE "Is WE sick Boss" and "Da White Man Been Good To me" thinking that has so fucked up Blacks in America. I mean he fuckin' KNOWS some Cops are fucked. And some of you folks wonder why I go so hard on this issue IN SPITE OF whatever bullshit "Police only kill you guys sometimes and it's always justified" stats that are posted.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-06-15 at 05:48 PM.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 04:39 PM
  #3013  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
And some of you folks wonder why I go so hard on this issue IN SPITE OF whatever bullshit "Police only kill you guys sometimes and it's always justified" stats thath are posted.
CaptainMarvel is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 05:10 PM
  #3014  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 26,808
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post

These are the are the sad words of a Black Man so acclimated to Racism and Police Abuses, he actually makes excuses for for a sick fuck COP who threatened him with DEATH and and follow up Conspiracy. I mean wow. That is TRUE "Is WE sick Boss" and "Da White Man Been Good To me" thinking that has so fucked up Blacks in America. And some of you folks wonder why I go so hard on this issue IN SPITE OF whatever bullshit "Police only kill you guys sometimes and it's always justified" stats thath are posted.
Huh? Isn't the police chief the one who's defending Middlebrook?
fujishig is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 05:29 PM
  #3015  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,005
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post



You even acknowledge something is "off" in that town...you even say what was posted below as if you're well aware of the fucked up situation there.

Yet. I'm..sigh...never mind.

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
Ugh, Alex City. That unfortunately sounds about right for that place.
^^ Is this you admitting this town's COPS are fucked up but still choosing to attack anyone who says anything negative about the situation because you can't cross the BLUE LINE? Sure seems like it....

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-06-15 at 05:40 PM.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 05:31 PM
  #3016  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,005
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Huh? Isn't the police chief the one who's defending Middlebrook?
I'm not talking about the whole force. But clearly there are fucked up cops there. Obviously the Chief is one of the GOOD ONES that some here don't care for. And you missed the point of my post. The man who had his life threatened is downplaying the threat. THAT is fucked up Slave thinking. Fuck that COP and his bullshit threats. Don't make exscuses for his behavior. Makes me wonder if this cops has actually killed someone and covered it up now.


DOES ANYONE HERE SEE HOW <b>BAD COPS</b> RAPE THE TRUST AND RESPECT OF THE PEOPLE?!!

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-06-15 at 05:42 PM.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 06:06 PM
  #3017  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 46,263
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Jonathan Ferrell trial jurors shown dashcam footage of fatal police shooting

Forensic pathologist testifies about 10 bullet wounds suffered by Ferrell, who was shot dead in 2013 by a police officer while looking for help after a car crash

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ashcam-footage
inri222 is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 06:24 PM
  #3018  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,218
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post

DOES ANYONE HERE SEE HOW <b>BAD COPS</b> RAPE THE TRUST AND RESPECT OF THE PEOPLE?!!
I'm pretty sure we do!
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 07:21 PM
  #3019  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Goddamn, dude.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post


You even acknowledge something is "off" in that town...you even say what was posted below as if you're well aware of the fucked up situation there.

Yet. I'm..sigh...never mind.

^^ Is this you admitting this town's COPS are fucked up but still choosing to attack anyone who says anything negative about the situation because you can't cross the BLUE LINE? Sure seems like it....
This is why I say it's like talking to a tree.

I said nothing in defense of those officers in Alex City, and in fact the only comment I made on that topic was negative. Alex City is not far from where I grew up, and while I don't know anything specifically about the department's reputation, I am familiar with the town. It was a town that was largely centered around a Russell Mills factory, but the factory shut down, and the town has been in decline ever since. If Lake Martin (a popular vacation destination) wasn't right there, the town would be dead. I said the story doesn't surprise me, because Alex City is a defunct butthole of a town, and they pay their officers crap. I make more than their Chief, and (last I checked) patrol officers start at ~$28,000 and cap out at ~$40,000. You can't hire quality for that. All the good candidates get sucked to the Birmingham, Montgomery, or Auburn areas nearby.

If you want people that can both learn and keep up to date on case law, and be proficient in weapons and defensive tactics, and have a good temperment, and play the role of social worker, and also be willing to put up with the discomforts of police work, you're just not going to get the cream of the crop for a starting salary just over $13 an hour. So no, it doesn't surprise me that they might have some fuckups on the force.

The only thing at all I quibbled with was your claim (and the fact that I quoted it might be a clue that's what I was talking about, you think?):
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
And some of you folks wonder why I go so hard on this issue IN SPITE OF whatever bullshit "Police only kill you guys sometimes and it's always justified" stats thath are posted.
The underlined part is the strawmaniest of strawman quotes ever uttered, as I've never heard anybody ever make that claim, and certainly nobody in this thread.

And fujishig is right, that you seem to be ranting about a story you haven't even read correctly. When you say:
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Wow.

This here is my favorite part:
Originally Posted by article
“This town is ridiculous,” Bias, 49, said in an interview. “The police here feel they can do what they want, and often they do.” Alexander City police chief Willie Robinson defended Middlebrooks. “He was just talking. He didn’t really mean that,” he said in an interview.
These are the are the sad words of a Black Man so acclimated to Racism and Police Abuses, he actually makes excuses for for a sick fuck COP who threatened him with DEATH and and follow up Conspiracy. I mean wow. That is TRUE "Is WE sick Boss" and "Da White Man Been Good To me" thinking that has so fucked up Blacks in America
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I'm not talking about the whole force. But clearly there are fucked up cops there. Obviously the Chief is one of the GOOD ONES that some here don't care for. And you missed the point of my post. The man who had his life threatened is downplaying the threat. THAT is fucked up Slave thinking. Fuck that COP and his bullshit threats. Don't make exscuses for his behavior. Makes me wonder if this cops has actually killed someone and covered it up now.
Not to get in the way of a perfectly good incoherent, Chewbacca-defense style racial screed, but:
1) The victim (Bias) is black. He wasn't defending anybody out of "slave thinking", and in fact is suing.
2) The officer who made the statements (Middlebrooks) is white.
3) The chief (Robinson) ... who was the one defending Middlebrooks... is black.

There's a perfectly valid criticism to be made here if the story is true, but maybe actually reading the article accurately would be a good start.
CaptainMarvel is offline  
Old 08-06-15, 09:08 PM
  #3020  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 16,831
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
DOES ANYONE HERE SEE HOW <b>BAD COPS</b> RAPE THE TRUST AND RESPECT OF THE PEOPLE?!!
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I'm pretty sure we do!
Wait, is this some kind of Bill Cosby-esque confession?
majorjoe23 is online now  
Old 08-07-15, 01:21 PM
  #3021  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 46,263
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Center Moriches Man Accuses Suffolk Police of False Arrest

http://www.longislandpress.com/2015/...-false-arrest/
inri222 is offline  
Old 08-07-15, 03:12 PM
  #3022  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,005
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
Goddamn, dude.


This is why I say it's like talking to a tree.

I said nothing in defense of those officers in Alex City, and in fact the only comment I made on that topic was negative. Alex City is not far from where I grew up, and while I don't know anything specifically about the department's reputation, I am familiar with the town. It was a town that was largely centered around a Russell Mills factory, but the factory shut down, and the town has been in decline ever since. If Lake Martin (a popular vacation destination) wasn't right there, the town would be dead. I said the story doesn't surprise me, because Alex City is a defunct butthole of a town, and they pay their officers crap. I make more than their Chief, and (last I checked) patrol officers start at ~$28,000 and cap out at ~$40,000. You can't hire quality for that. All the good candidates get sucked to the Birmingham, Montgomery, or Auburn areas nearby.

If you want people that can both learn and keep up to date on case law, and be proficient in weapons and defensive tactics, and have a good temperment, and play the role of social worker, and also be willing to put up with the discomforts of police work, you're just not going to get the cream of the crop for a starting salary just over $13 an hour. So no, it doesn't surprise me that they might have some fuckups on the force.

The only thing at all I quibbled with was your claim (and the fact that I quoted it might be a clue that's what I was talking about, you think?):
Soooo....that town has fucked up cops because the town is cheap. We can agree on the some fucked up cops part. Cool. Now excuse me while I scrape the squirrel shit of my bark...

The underlined part is the strawmaniest of strawman quotes ever uttered, as I've never heard anybody ever make that claim, and certainly nobody in this thread.
Please. Then you're not paying attention around these parts. Poster have certainly defended these actions no matter what. But hey, I'll continue to be your strawman provider.


And fujishig is right, that you seem to be ranting about a story you haven't even read correctly. When you say:

Ok. I'll admit I read it wrong and thought Bias was defending that Piece of shit still employed cop Middlebrook.

I'm man enough to admit that.

But make no mistake...A Black Cop Defending a White Cop who calls another Black Man "N" and downplays his murderous threats including a cover up...IS THINKING LIKE A SLAVE. Even if he did report the Asshole Cop...WHY IS HE DOWNPLAYING THE THREAT?

(Waiting for links that show his downplay was...1) the law, 2) his agency's policy, and 3) accepted professional practices too)
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 08-07-15, 04:25 PM
  #3023  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Please. Then you're not paying attention around these parts. Poster have certainly defended these actions no matter what. But hey, I'll continue to be your strawman provider.
No. Just no.

People have said some of the shootings are justified, because they were. People have said that some of the people killed have precipitated their killings by their own actions (resisting or fleeing)... which they have, but which doesn't mean the killings were justified. Literally nobody has said that all shootings of black men are justified, which was your claim. That is either 1) you lying or 2) you parsing peoples' posts about as carefully as you read that article.

But make no mistake...A Black Cop Defending a White Cop who calls another Black Man "N" and downplays his murderous threats including a cover up...IS THINKING LIKE A SLAVE. Even if he did report the Asshole Cop...WHY IS HE DOWNPLAYING THE THREAT?
Ok. If you want to believe a black chief was defending a white subordinate because of "slave mentality," go ahead. I think the Chief was probably covering his own ass, personally.

(Waiting for links that show his downplay was...1) the law, 2) his agency's policy, and 3) accepted professional practices too)
It bothers you that I actually try to judge a situation by some sort of objective standard, other than, "can I ragewhine about this?"
CaptainMarvel is offline  
Old 08-07-15, 06:02 PM
  #3024  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,005
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
No. Just no.

People have said some of the shootings are justified, because they were. People have said that some of the people killed have precipitated their killings by their own actions (resisting or fleeing)... which they have, but which doesn't mean the killings were justified. Literally nobody has said that all shootings of black men are justified, which was your claim. That is either 1) you lying or 2) you parsing peoples' posts about as carefully as you read that article.
Good one. Naw. I'm not telling lies and I'm reading their posts just fine.



Ok. If you want to believe a black chief was defending a white subordinate because of "slave mentality," go ahead. I think the Chief was probably covering his own ass, personally.

Dude. He was doing both. The covering of his/the PD's/The System's ass was obvious and didn't even need mentioning. I WILL believe that it is slave thinking because that cop should not be defending shit like that. But hey, I'll still give him the "good cop" label. He did more than many "good" cops out there who just go along with killing Civilians and covering up their deaths.

It bothers you that I actually try to judge a situation by some sort of objective standard, other than, "can I ragewhine about this?"
Pfft. Nothing bothers me. I'm just saying, his(Black Chief Robertson) defending of those threats were bullshit and typical of a Black Man with a Slave mentality. This type of man ALWAYS puts the White Man's good above the good of himself and his people.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 08-07-15, 06:38 PM
  #3025  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Good one. Naw. I'm not telling lies and I'm reading their posts just fine.

Dude. He was doing both. The covering of his/the PD's/The System's ass was obvious and didn't even need mentioning. I WILL believe that it is slave thinking because that cop should not be defending shit like that. But hey, I'll still give him the "good cop" label. He did more than many "good" cops out there who just go along with killing Civilians and covering up their deaths.

Pfft. Nothing bothers me. I'm just saying, his(Black Chief Robertson) defending of those threats were bullshit and typical of a Black Man with a Slave mentality. This type of man ALWAYS puts the White Man's good above the good of himself and his people.
You are associating this with race but I think you are wrong. First of all, people will defend people they work with assuming they like them. Maybe if they hate them they will throw them under the bus, but every profession, every workplace has it. It's an us vs. them mentality, even if its just us vs. the boss. Your boss asks you how you and Joe spent $250 taking clients to dinner, and you know Joe spent $250 on a hooker in his room. If you and Joe are buddies you'll protect him even though everything he did was illegal.

If you were the chief, you've seen what happens in these other cities; the DOJ comes in and makes life miserable for you, oversight, firings, retirements, etc. Self preservation kicks in and you'll make claims no matter how improbable making them prove otherwise. Dude, if you're white or black that's what you're doing. Was the Patriots equipment guy really called the deflator because he was trying to lose weight? No way. But people who work together stick up for each other.
JimRochester is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.