Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Old 10-12-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
Most households have some common cleaners or chemicals that would be capable of making meth (liquid plumber, sudafed, bleach) so this seems like bullshit. Just because I own a lighter doesn't mean I'm smoking crack.
Yeah, it's just a coincidence that you smoke crack!
Old 10-12-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arminius View Post
They can break into any house in the USA
Exactly. They can and do. But luckily for the leaders men do not think. Thus they don't realize how scary, criminal, and antithetical to the nature of this country's ideals and Constitution that reality is. The media is silent about such like good little propaganda outlets, and the populace lives under the propaganda-instilled illusion that "it can't to happen to me, that only happens to 'bad' people" if one of the stories about some shocking incident does pop up on the media radar for 60 seconds. The police state does around 60,000 of these paramilitary home invasions a year now in the US.

Not only can they break in to any house, and do, they can kill the people inside if they freak out(like any normal person would) and react defensively to the invasion. Then all the 'street soldiers' walk away scot-free and chalk it up to 'a mistake in an ongoing narcotics investigation'. One of the cops will say 'if they had just immediately realized what was happening at 2 in the morning as we stormed in on them yelling and throwing grenades, and laid down and licked the boot of our authority, we wouldn't have had to kill them. Someone has a weapon and I'm on the job? They get the horns, I'm going home at the end of my shift.' All the other 'streets soldiers' will concur.

Most of the worst crimes against humanity ever committed were perpetrated by people 'just doing their job'.
Old 10-12-12, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...173919031.html

Members of the Fraternal Order of Police are planning a fundraiser for Lieutenant Jonathan Josey, the Philadelphia officer caught on camera hitting a woman.

Josey was suspended for 30 days with intent to dismiss after video of the incident after the Puerto Rican Day Parade surfaced.

The video, that went viral, shows Josey striking Aida Guzman, 39, on Sept. 30.

Guzman was part of a crowd gathered for festivities after the parade and Josey was the commanding officer on the scene.

The video shows Guzman right after she sprayed silly string near the officer. Josey was with several other officers involved at the time in a traffic stop. He turns around and hits Guzman, who falls to the ground.

Mayor Michael Nutter apologized to Guzman just days later and a disorderly conduct charge filed against her was dropped.

Union members supporting Josey are holding a five-hour, $30 a person fundraiser for him on October 28. FOP president John McNesby says the proceeds will go toward Josey's living expenses.
Old 10-12-12, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this has become a fun circle-jerk for the day.
Old 10-12-12, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to admit it appears like amateur hour when a police spokesman says they did their homework, but then they don't know kids live there.
Old 10-12-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey, they are just protecting everyone from the evils of drugs. I wonder how many people die and have their lives destroyed by using drugs versus The War On Drugs? The whole thing is vast quantities of money made for all the criminals, state sanctioned and freelance. It is just as stupid and effective as prohibition.

As per the graph posted by RoyalTea in this thread, http://forum.dvdtalk.com/politics-wo...s-like-23.html, great use of taxes.
Old 10-12-12, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
Well this has become a fun circle-jerk for the day.
Oh, you were at the fundraiser?
Old 10-13-12, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another no knock warrant served on the wrong house. I do like how the reporter didn't accept the bullshit answer from the police spokesman and asked the same question 3 times until he acknowledged they didn't have a warrant for THIS house. But they are very sorry, so...

Originally Posted by wjfb
Investigators with the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office say they accidently served a search warrant on the wrong house, while looking for a suspected drug dealer in Burke County. WJBF News Channel 6 is the only station to talk with the victim.

Susan Treat says she was standing, in her laundry room, just feet from her backdoor, when Richmond and Burke County Sheriff’s officers, burst through that door, looking for a suspected drug dealer.

Treat says she thought her family’s lives were in danger, she thought the officers were there to help, but she knew that wasn’t the case, when she says at, gun point, the police ordered her, her pregnant daughter, and her 3 year old granddaughter, to get on the floor.

“Two officers were standing over the top of me with guns.” says Treat.

She says the officers searched her house for almost an hour, she says cussing, and calling her a liar, before realizing they had the wrong address. The house they were looking for was two doors down.

“I’ve never done anything wrong. I’ve had one speeding ticket in my life.”

She says now days after the raid, she is having trouble sleeping, and her granddaughter is having nightmares. Even worse she says, NO ONE has even apologized.

“I stood here, in my own home, this is my safe place, this is my granddaughter’s safe place, and my daughter’s, and all at once when they bust in, they take that away.” says Treat.

We went to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office to get an explanation, of how officers didn’t notice they were going in house 133 not 173. They told us, mistakes happen. But we asked if the accidental search broke the law.

Lieutenant Partain of the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office says, “I don’t know if we broke the law, obviously our legal people have to explain that to us.”

Reporter Brett Buffington asks, “You did raid a house with no warrant, though.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “We raided a house with a warrant. We did go to the wrong house.”

Reporter Brett Buffington again asks, “You did raid a house with no warrant.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “We raided a house, we did go there with a warrant, and we did raid the wrong house.”

Reporter Brett Buffington says, “You raided a house with no warrant, you didn’t have a warrant to this house.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “That is true, that is true, that is true.”

The lieutenant says he’s sorry for the mistake, and so are the officers who entered the house. He says the case is under review, to try and stop this from happening again.

Treat says, “How do you know that these guys aren’t going to make a mistake again, and do the same thing all over again to someone else.”

The case is still under investigation by the Richmond County’s Sheriff’s Office’s Internal Affairs division. Count On WJBF News Channel 6 to continue to track this story.
http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2012/oct/1...ng-ar-4742125/
Old 10-13-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

Well, the upside is that they can move to a better neighborhood, funded by Richmond County. It's gonna be a nice Christmas this year!
Old 10-14-12, 12:09 AM
Suspended

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HU5fAGOVvEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-14-12, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by foofighters7 View Post
So the police did "plenty of research on the home", but didn't know there were children there? Hmm, something don't quite jive there!

Sounds like the Police screwed up yet again. Who would have thought!
So you want them to actually GET TRAINED using all of their paramilitary gear?! What's next....teaching them how to NOT hurt innocent citizens? Sheesh, you might as well ask for the moon.
Old 10-14-12, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HU5fAGOVvEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Well the problem here is the retard gang banger clearly didn't respect this patient police officers authoitah!
Old 10-14-12, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yet another wrong house raid, salt lake city this time.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sta...XLXl3xiOQ.cspx

Perhaps they need to add a section to the police entrance exams regarding how to identify an address, and double or even triple checking it.
Old 10-14-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

So, you're saying the entire police personnel of the US should have "0" errors and have a perfect score on hiring people with perfect personalities. In addition, all police officers hired should be perfect. Now, that's hilarious, and I think this already demonstrates the underlying reason for this thread.
Old 10-14-12, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
So, you're saying the entire police personnel of the US should have "0" errors and have a perfect score on hiring people with perfect personalities. In addition, all police officers hired should be perfect. Now, that's hilarious, and I think this already demonstrates the underlying reason for this thread.
Well, we could just get rid of the police and tell everyone to be nice and not break the rules. mmmm kay?
Old 10-14-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice troll, that's not at all what I said.

Completely avoidable errors when it comes to doing swat raids? Yes, there is no excuse for going to the wrong house and they should come with a zero tolerance policy on mistakes that are simply unprofessional. It indicates they are either doing too many of these, so much so that they can't do proper research, or they are just lazy and don't care, because there is no apparent penalty if they screw up. Sure the taxpayers foot the bill for a new door or whatever damage was done (well sometimes anyway), but how often is the officer that screwed up the most basic task on the checklist removed from the swat team/demoted etc? That's what should happen.

These aren't pizza delivery guys dropping dinner off at the wrong place. This shit is happening dozens of times ever year.
Old 10-14-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 54 Posts

What percentage of cops do you think shouldn't have to know how to read an address?
Old 10-14-12, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 91 Likes on 66 Posts

No, but the one's that do do illegal things or make "mistakes" should be held accountable.
Old 10-15-12, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is a 22 year old special needs victim of police brutality. They entered the special needs home and the victim learned about the nature of the police in America.

Watch this fucking animal in the cop uniform go off on this guy like some MMA fighter on PCP.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4rDg8BpCRLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-15-12, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The guy looks like DeltaSigChi4, so I think he had it coming...

otherwise, he squared up and was ready for a fight. And that's what he got.

and he's not exactly a "teen": Local community blog Crownheights.info named the victim as Ehud Halevy, a resident of Brooklyn, aged 22
Old 10-15-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah that special needs guy got the horns didn't he? That cop sure showed him! If only more cops beat the living shit out of handicapped people living in special needs homes, why we'd have less crime 'on the streets'.

More police goodness. The police rob citizens nationwide for years now, it's a billion+ dollar industry, and the cops use the feds to circumvent state laws banning police robbing people.

What do they do with the stolen loot they take from citizens? They buy whores, drugs, booze and businesses of course.

Michigan Cops Used Asset Forfeiture Funds to Buy Drugs, Prostitutes, and a Tanning Salon

Mike Riggs|Oct. 15, 2012 10:02 am

Former Romulus Police Chief Michael St. Andre, his wife, and five Romulus detectives pled not guilty last week to using asset forfeiture funds aquired during narcotics and prostitution investigations to buy...narcotics and prostitutes.

The Detroit Free Press reported in late September that:
[Chief Michael] St. Andre directed a probe of liquor license violations, prostitution and narcotics trafficking at the Landing Strip Bar in Romulus and Subi's Place in Southgate, but during the investigation, officers embezzled drug forfeiture money, solicited prostitutes and made false police reports.

The officers are accused of spending $40,000 in forfeiture funds in one year on prostitutes, marijuana and alcohol, prosecutors said.

According to prosecutors, St. Andre also used $75,000 from drug forfeiture funds to buy a tanning salon in Westland for his wife.

Sandra St. Andre is accused of knowingly receiving and concealing stolen property.
According to the Wayne County Circuit Court website, the St. Andres, as well as detectives Richard Balzer, Richard Landry, Donald Hopkins, Jeremy Channells, and Larry Droege, all entered not-guilty pleas last week in the year-old case, and are free on bond.
Old 10-15-12, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 180 Likes on 146 Posts

At least they spent it on fun stuff. And the tanning salon makes sense --- refer your whores to it.
Old 10-15-12, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse View Post
This is a 22 year old special needs victim of police brutality. They entered the special needs home and the victim learned about the nature of the police in America.

Watch this fucking animal in the cop uniform go off on this guy like some MMA fighter on PCP.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4rDg8BpCRLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I don't understand what you really want. Should police run from people who get aggressive or should they just allow themselves be attacked? The guy was obviously aggressive, wanted to fight, and continued to fight long after he was taken down to the couch. Your world simply can't exist.
Old 10-15-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
I don't understand what you really want. Should police run from people who get aggressive or should they just allow themselves be attacked? The guy was obviously aggressive, wanted to fight, and continued to fight long after he was taken down to the couch. Your world simply can't exist.
Is there a version with sound? Do you have more info? Because I just watched this and can't understand from the version posted how you got to what you wrote. Backing away from someone with your hands at your sides while they come at you, then squirming around while they beat the fuck out of you isn't getting aggressive. Not complying with an officer? Looks like it. Probably stupid? Given the results, obviously. But miles from being aggressive and wanting to fight.
Old 10-15-12, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As soon as the female tries to cuff him he rips his arm out of her hands and flails about, refusing to allow his hands to be grabbed. With his chest puffed out he gets within inches of the officer and takes an extremely aggressive stance. I've been in plenty of fights; the way he was holding his arms was a telegraph of his intentions. As soon as he takes a more traditional fighting stance and begins to raise his fists the officer finally went at him. Even after striking him repeatedly, trying to get his hands behind his back, the guy was clearly still fighting, at one point a few minutes in reaching back and trying scratch the officers face and pull his hair. Let me tell you, it is almost impossible to get someone's hands behind their back to be cuffed if they have any skill or strength. Sometimes blows are the only way to get someone to comply. There is a reason why officers prefer to have the element of surprise when cuffing a non-compliant suspect.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.