Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

2012 Republican Presidential Candidates - ptII

Old 09-22-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: 2012 Republican Presidential Candidates - ptII

"My next-door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel-ready jobs than this current administration"

Alright, he got my vote. Thanks, Red Rog.
Old 09-22-11, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Red Rog.
Old 09-22-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Santorum wants to reinstate DADT. And that crowd heckles the gay soldier. Stay classy and patriotic, Repubs!

And when did Rick Perry stop wearing the super wide tie knots? Someone must have told him it made him look like a fatcat.

What a crew.
Agreed. Nearly as classy as those that said they support soldiers who frag their COs.

Yeah, the "bureaucrats" would hold up your chemo. Stop talking out of your ass, Cain.
Obama would just give them a pill. You recall that? Can't spend money on old people.
Old 09-22-11, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
You sound like Gary's Mom
Every time I think it's over
Old 09-23-11, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Agreed. Nearly as classy as those that said they support soldiers who frag their COs.
I know "both sides do it" is the most awesomest way ever to avoid having to consider the fact that you are politically aligned with a bunch of psychopaths, but has there actually been an occasion in the last 30 years where a group of mainstream Democrats cheered for fragging military officers? Where a mainstream Democratic politician supported that kind of fragging?
Old 09-23-11, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by SuprVgeta View Post
I'm having a hard time believing that he (Perry) is the front runner.....
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
I, too, can't believe he's (Perry) the frontrunner.
It’s not that hard to believe at all, Sup actually provided the reason in his post:
Originally Posted by SuprVgeta View Post
I thought Perry was very inarticulate, and had a hard time putting together answers.
Republicans are always taking with great distain about the “intellectual elite” so it is no surprise that another communication challenged Republican Governor from Texas is the current front runner for the nomination. After all his inability to clearly articulate his positions is a sign to so many of the primary voters that he is a genuine salt of the earth individual.
Old 09-23-11, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
"My next-door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel-ready jobs than this current administration"

Alright, he got my vote. Thanks, Red Rog.
Rank Rou.

It's great that he had the zinger of the night.

I also like how he started out every answer saying he would submit a balanced budget in 2013.

I was impressed with Huntsman's foreign policy. He's clearly no dick-swinger when it comes to interventionism. Everyone says he's like Romney, but I assume that Romney would take the typical statist approach that we see from every President.

It's funny - the one area where I was most impressed with Perry was where he gets booed. It's a courageous stance given the crowd and party. I think it may be his undoing. He was definitely ready for that meatball pitch that Bachmann threw at him re: the vaccine. Other than that, it's hard to believe he's a front-runner and his goofy smile is really annoying.

The only other thing that stood out to me was how much of a doofus Santorum is. First he advocates a federal law saying that state/local public employees can't unionize? Um, what happened to federalism, Rick? Second, his DADT answer was absurd. He's for returning to that policy but then when pressed, if so and so should be dismissed if he comes out, he hemmed and hawed and quietly said no. Then with the sex, sex, sex....both sides do it. WTF?

I'm also glad that there was only 1 abortion question (going to Ron Paul of all people).
Old 09-23-11, 08:23 AM

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I did see Michelle Bachman propose a 0% tax.
Old 09-23-11, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I did see Michelle Bachman propose a 0% tax.
And then immediately said that we obviously need to collect money to run government.
Old 09-23-11, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Revenues would skyrocket! The National Debt would be a thing of the past!
Old 09-23-11, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
It’s not that hard to believe at all, Sup actually provided the reason in his post:

Republicans are always taking with great distain about the “intellectual elite” so it is no surprise that another communication challenged Republican Governor from Texas is the current front runner for the nomination. After all his inability to clearly articulate his positions is a sign to so many of the primary voters that he is a genuine salt of the earth individual.
But Obama is so articulate, correct? What a great pres he has turned out to be!

Perry is the front runner at the moment because he is new to the race and a bunch have jumped on his bandwagon. It will even out. I think Romney will end up the nominee. At least I hope he does because I believe Romney has the bast chance against Obama. Perry being a Texas governor and all... too much like GWB. Obama would have a much easier time pinning the old "Bush got us into this mess" on Perry than he would on Romney.
Old 09-23-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Romney does have the best chance vs. Obama because he's articulate, looks Presidential, and doesn't seem to have a concrete stance on anything. That's a winning combination.
Old 09-23-11, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by taa455 View Post
But Obama is so articulate, correct? What a great pres he has turned out to be!

Perry is the front runner at the moment because he is new to the race and a bunch have jumped on his bandwagon. It will even out. I think Romney will end up the nominee. At least I hope he does because I believe Romney has the bast chance against Obama. Perry being a Texas governor and all... too much like GWB. Obama would have a much easier time pinning the old "Bush got us into this mess" on Perry than he would on Romney.
If Obama was as horrible as you make him out to be, why would it matter who the nominee is?
Old 09-23-11, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I know "both sides do it" is the most awesomest way ever to avoid having to consider the fact that you are politically aligned with a bunch of psychopaths...
Is this about all the ways in which Obama may suck, but Bush was worse?
Old 09-23-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bush was far worse if we simply go by approval ratings.

(CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4728399.shtml
Oh wait, I'm sure Dan Rather personally conducted that poll.
Old 09-23-11, 11:08 AM

Bush was far worse if we simply go by approval ratings.
That can't be right. Michelle Bachman said specifically last night that "President Obama has the lowest public approval ratings of any president in modern time."
Old 09-23-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Someone should tell Bachmann parents always have the right to opt out of a vaccine. What a nitwit. I'm with Perry on this. Wake up Repubs.
In Nebraska, there is only a religious exemption and it is an all or nothing deal. So, if Gardasil makes it on the schedule, I can't opt out of just that one. I am sure there are many different rules for the different states though.
Old 09-23-11, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Let's be fair to Mrs. Bachman. She didn't propose a zero tax. She did say that it was the utopian solution. But, she said it was necessary to have funds to run the necessities of the government. She has said, on a number of occasions, that she favors the fair tax.

In the late summer of 2012, I will tell you which GOP candidate would have the best chance against Obama. Of course their candidate has already been selected.
Old 09-23-11, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Romney does have the best chance vs. Obama because he's articulate, looks Presidential, and doesn't seem to have a concrete stance on anything. That's a winning combination.
Was George W. Bush articulate? Did he look presidential?
Old 09-23-11, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Is this about all the ways in which Obama may suck, but Bush was worse?
No, it's about the ways in which the audience members from last night's debate were a loathsome and morally reprehensible group of people. Your obsessive and pathetic attempts to deflect any criticism of these troglodytes is really unfortunate.
Old 09-23-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
No, it's about the ways in which the audience members from last night's debate were a loathsome and morally reprehensible group of people. Your obsessive and pathetic attempts to deflect any criticism of these troglodytes is really unfortunate.
Yours is.
Old 09-23-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
No, it's about the ways in which the audience members from last night's debate were a loathsome and morally reprehensible group of people.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer surprised by these neanderthals and their deplorable behavior.
It seems like they are generally accepted as an almost viable arm of the party.
Old 09-23-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The gay soldier has some serious arms too. He'd have kicked the shit out of those jackasses booing him.
Old 09-23-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm so glad I come here to find out what liberals think of the GOP field. It's so important to my decision making process.
Old 09-23-11, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Santorum wants to reinstate DADT. And that crowd heckles the gay soldier. Stay classy and patriotic, Repubs!
What a bunch of worthless human beings. Not giving recognition to those that serve in the military is a long-standing practice though.

Fuck this country.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.