Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Obama wounded

Old 11-27-10, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Obama wounded

Washington (CNN) –Apparently no good deed goes unpunished for President Obama, who was trying to make sure he didn't get a flabby belly after Thanksgiving but wound up with a fat upper lip instead.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said the President received a dozen stitches after getting hit with an errant elbow during a Friday morning basketball game with White House aide Reggie Love and some unidentified family members at the Fort McNair military base in Washington.

The elbow belongs to Rey Decerega, who works for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. According to White House aides, Decerega went up for a shot and turned into the President, who was playing defense and accidentally got hit in the mouth.

"I learned today the President is both a tough competitor and a good sport," Decerega said in a statement released by the White House. "I enjoyed playing basketball with him this morning. I'm sure he'll be back out on the court again soon."

"After being inadvertently hit with an opposing player's elbow in the lip while playing basketball with friends and family, the President received 12 stitches today administered by the White House Medical Unit," said Gibbs. "They were done in the doctor's office located on the ground floor of the White House."

Aides said Obama was given a local anesthetic while receiving the stitches, and doctors used a smaller filament. That increases the number of stitches needed to patch up the tear, but it makes a tighter stitch so that the President's scar on his lower lip should be smaller.

Obama frequently plays basketball, works out on a daily basis, and was undoubtedly playing Friday to work off some extra Thanksgiving calories. An official White House menu showed that in addition to turkey and the usual trimmings, the First Family dined Thursday on six different pies - including apple, sweet potato, pumpkin, banana cream, cherry, and huckleberry.

Asked by CNN if Decerega will be getting a presidential pardon, a top White House aide laughed.

http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2010...game-2/?hpt=T2
Is avoiding a flabby belly considered a good deed? Does Nobel have a prize for that?

Why is Obama keeping unidentified family members in a military base?

12 stitches with Christmas approaching.

This is an unfortunate turn of events for our leader. Let us all hope this is the last such incident, but should incidents occur we can gather here to cope as a group. Bookmark this thread to stay informed.

Last edited by Th0r S1mpson; 11-27-10 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-27-10, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Obama wounded

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Why is Obama keeping unidentified family members in a military base?
Obviously, it's some of his Kenyan kin, or "Ken" for short.
Old 11-27-10, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk God

duplicate

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/politics-wo...2012-a-40.html
Old 11-27-10, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
Sorry, that links to a thread about Sarah Palin running for President in 2012. Not sure that's the place to compile future Obama injuries.
Old 11-27-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Things are posted in a thread that have no bearing on the subject of that thread. That doesn't mean it's deserving of another thread.
Old 11-27-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had my first piece of huckleberry pie just a couple of months ago in Montana. I am not a huge fan.
Old 11-27-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk God

That's a point of emphasis flagrant foul in college basketball now.
Old 11-27-10, 02:27 PM
Political Exile

"My name is Huckleberry Hound, and I'm a blue dog Democrat."
Old 11-27-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In Iran, that sentence would have a different meaning:

"Asked by Al Jazeera if Khaled will be getting a presidential pardon, a top Iranian official laughed."