Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

A selection of ballots being challenged by Joe Miller in the Alaska Senate Race

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

A selection of ballots being challenged by Joe Miller in the Alaska Senate Race

Old 11-25-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: A selection of ballots being challenged by Joe Miller in the Alaska Senate Race

Originally Posted by RoyalTea View Post
My argument is based on the rationale that voting isn't something people ought to take lightly. I'm sick of all these goddamned public service announcements begging people to vote. It's not something you just do on the way to or from work to get a sticker to feel smug. If you can't take the time to learn about who your voting for, YOU SHOULDN'T VOTE. If you can't take the extra couple of seconds to make sure your ballot looks clean and easily readable, YOU SHOULDN'T VOTE.
When political parties start nominating people who aren't complete ass-hats, I'll take voting seriously. You don't like that, bite my shiny metal ass.
Old 11-26-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: A selection of ballots being challenged by Joe Miller in the Alaska Senate Race

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
Obviously you rules should mean anthing.

Why have them then?

The same set of rules should apply at the ballot box and counting the votes.
It will be chaotic if otherwise.
How is my opinion on this matter obvious (if I'm deciphering your broken english correctly)? How many posts in this thread have I made? Apparently it's impossible to ask a question -- one that makes for interesting discussion IMO -- without you jumping to conclusions.